Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

LordLexx posted a comment on Wednesday 25th December 2019 4:27am

That has to be one of the greatest lines of Ron bragging about Harry.

lwj2 posted a comment on Thursday 13th February 2014 7:31pm

Really neat story, I enjoyed it. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Barry Hickey posted a comment on Sunday 24th June 2012 4:50pm

Wow. Sorry, but as much as I disliked Ron in the original books, this version of him is an even bigger arse. I read through it hoping he'd end up alone or lose the game. Sorry, it was a really well written story, I just can't find it in me to like him at all. Good story though.

prophet37 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd March 2012 4:49pm

I am generaly -no completely not a Ron fan, but this is one of the few fics I have read with a Ron that I can like. I can truly see him as you portray him, as a real person not a fictional character. (Which is something I can rarely say about most fictional characters) He is flawed but with core of decency and stubborness.

A brilliant fic overall, I enjoyed the way you seamlessly wove his past in the game.

Sankara posted a comment on Friday 2nd December 2011 10:56am

I admit for most of the story I was like "meh" - it was entertaining but not astounding, but the last two scenes were amazing, and made me realise how good the rest of the story was as a lead up to them.

Very well done :)

daysoftheweek posted a comment on Monday 4th July 2011 2:08am

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Well-written, and I liked the flashback style. It's nice to see a story where Ron gets a happy ending.

thaumologist posted a comment on Wednesday 27th October 2010 1:39pm

Very much enjoyed this, nicely laid out, things explained when it made sense, and a happy ending. All is well in the world :D

C

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Thursday 9th September 2010 8:06am

Loved the ending!

rebelEpik posted a comment on Tuesday 31st August 2010 10:29pm

Great story. Masterful writing. 10/10 from me.

Charles Goodroe posted a comment on Wednesday 11th August 2010 4:18pm

I love this story. for some reason the line about misbehaving wizards cracks me up.

Abraxan posted a comment on Saturday 31st July 2010 2:30pm

That was a fun story! I love Harry being the "enforcer for the world" kind of thing.

Abraxan

Renzo7 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th June 2010 9:26am

That was a great chapter. Very interesting story.

I hope you're having luck with your novels. Keep up the great work, Jim. I hope you update soon.

AriatGirl posted a comment on Saturday 12th June 2010 3:24pm

Awesome story! I enjoy all your stories. I can't wait til the next one!

cheeseycraziness posted a comment on Tuesday 1st June 2010 5:45pm

Oh, Ron. A delightfully, oddly realistic Ron, aside from him making the English National. He's good enough to play professional, but there are better Keepers than he.

Harry cracks me up. He's just very, very Harry.

Congrats on the novel. Fun oneshot! :D

badboy1cdx posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:22pm

Great fic! Your characterization of Ron was very good. I must admit, I've never been a fan of Ron, but even I had to feel some sympathy for him after reading this fic!

Can't wait for the updates to Inner Eye and Turn Me Loose!

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 10:19am

This was great - but I guess by now I'm used to your greatness :)

igotbannedfroma2k posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 3:17am

I thoroughly enjoyed this fanfic. I thought it had just enough description and it was just cute enough to keep a woman who doesn't care for sports entertained.
Thank you for writing it and I look forward to reading any other one-shots you might so happen to write in the near future.

Thanks!

~Banned

NWL posted a comment on Friday 28th May 2010 4:33pm

This was a bowl of awesome.

It's interesting how our use of language can be influenced by what we read and watch. I picked up on the "For Love of the Game" link from the moment you talked about "turning back the sun". While Harry could definitely turn back the sun a bit (gotta love time turners), it's a use of language you don't see that often - but it was one used in the movie.

You know you're reading something good when they get the details right. You captured so many problems that professional athletes have - travel, injuries, fans, groupies, politics, the media, money problems, life after sports... while most people would give their firstborn child to be a professional athlete, it's a lot more complex than running really fast and catching a ball. Those details make a Ron who is painfully human, who at times is both beautiful and disgusting, but ultimately sympathetic. Well done.

By the way... I'm surprised you didn't put in a comment about the smell of the jersey in the Hall of Fame. In a lot of cases, things such as jerseys and shoes have to be displayed "as is" - which is one of many reasons why they put them in sealed glass cases. This means "no washing"; after all, washing a jersey like Ron's would ruin the bloodstains. And yes, some storage areas in Halls of Fame are quite pungent.

One problem I noticed... who are the announcers? Are there three (Calvin, Hobbes, and Wood), or just two? This was really confusing, overall - especially because we never heard about Hobbes until the lollipop scene.

Other errors:

"and the rest of my family is probably won’t stop partying for the next month." Might want to get rid of that 'is' in there.

"A knock at the startles me out of my mental death spiral. " I'm guessing you're missing a 'door' in there.

"One of the last things you said to me was something along the lines of life is my view of life is one big party." This is really awkward; it's probably not going to be perfect, but it can be better. Would recommend something like "One of the last things you said to me was something along the lines of my view of life being one big party."

At any rate, I completely enjoyed reading and re-reading this; thank you for sharing it with us.

Jizzle posted a comment on Thursday 27th May 2010 5:26pm

This is an absolutely incredible one shot. I don't hate sports movies, but I'm not that into them either. I also don't care for Ron that much. This is a sports movie about Ron, and you somehow made it flat out epic. I love how deeply flawed Ron is, but he's still relatable and pretty darn likable. The number theme was freakishly well executed. Bravo man.

silversong posted a comment on Thursday 27th May 2010 4:58pm

Great story. Very original and well thought out. Its nice to run across its kind. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write this and share with grateful Harry Potter fanfiction readers.