Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

SteveC60xcjkas7rwlsg23 posted a comment on Friday 19th September 2014 10:53pm for I Belong to Nowhere

Ummm, the five hundred out of 200...

Me thinks you may have reversed the numbers of galleons there. But like the scribes of old who would leave a mistake in a holy book they'd be copying so that there weren't presuming to try to match God's perfection of His creation...

SteveC.

GryffindorDragon posted a comment on Sunday 19th May 2013 11:39am for I Belong to Nowhere

This has been very enjoyable. It seems a bit inconsistent to have James's "horndog" persona being the one to avoid any relationships. That just comes across as so odd. Despite the early insistence that he is Harry, James seems to be predominant. It should be Harry's personality still, with just James's memories added. But James seems to have taken over.

The twins, Katie, and Hermione seem cliche in this chapter. Their actions/reactions seem a tad extreme. Ron is the one to overreact, but he comes off as the normal one, while the twins are disowning Harry for a little bit of jealousy. Neville's refusal to answer also doesn't make sense. Harry befriends him, and he thanks him but getting everyone mad at him. If he truly was grateful to Harry, he would've explained things. Now I understand how he might keep quiet about his parent, but that's not what he tells Harry!

azureguy86 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd February 2012 1:24am for I Belong to Nowhere

i couldn't get past this chapter, i've seen stories where people have butched harry and the universe but this is by far the worst. Your "harry" is more like an arrrogant idiot who has no redeeming qualities rather then a calculating smart harry. Also the whole neville is pettigrew and he still helps him thing is just idiotic. I hnestly don't mind au but when authors like you just want the Harry Potter title to basically tear apart and write a completely different story why not just write your own original fanfiction. Because what in the hell is the point of writing hp fanfiction if you're going to completely disregard the character and principles that the hp universe is based on. I've tried to give this story a chance but i've read better pamphlets on airplanes.

Frosty posted a comment on Saturday 29th August 2009 3:02pm for I Belong to Nowhere

The whole "everyone hates harry" thing does make sense, but it also makes me sad. Its somewhat original (i say somewhat because there has to be one other story with it)to have fred and george hate harry. It upsets me that people think he's a ponce. To bad james didnt have an interest in younger women (joke), because HJ woulda had no problem with the ladies.

zxcvb posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 12:37pm for I Belong to Nowhere

I just wanted to leave a small comment--this is probably the first time I've seen a unreliable narrator used in a piece of fanfiction. I find it rather interesting... Like, in this chapter, for example, we are shown how easily Harry justifies his actions, even though he is far from a saint, and, honestly, a lot of the stuff that has happened to him so far, he really had it coming. Anyway, I just wanted to comment on that, and good work!

(p.s.: This story does have a few too many exclamation points, I think!)

JBern replied:

Yeah, I used too many early on.   Thanks for the comments and the compliments.   I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Saturday 21st March 2009 12:46pm for I Belong to Nowhere

halfway through this chapter. Anyway, when this is complete, could you think about having a beta run through the story for minor errors? things like "-you have, have you" currrently being "youve have you".

paragraph immediately after where you mention that the detention would cut his hogsmeade visit short has one such error.
"One thing that’s bugs me"
that's? just that i think. anyway just was asking if it'll be beta'd at some point, shame to let such an excellent story go unbeta'd just for the DLP thing you mentioned start of C1 or 2.

JBern replied:

I'll eventually try to get it betaed.   I'm more interested in getting the story completed as it were.

Armand posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2009 1:52am for I Belong to Nowhere

ok, i kind of liked this story up until you made the twins idiots...i mean you are a wonderful writer and have loved your other stories. but personaly i don't like how you have the twins in this, nor how you have him kind of at odds with Mione. another thing i don't like is Remus/Lily thing seeing as i do not see them doing that at all...but thats why its called fan fiction. i'll finish what you have here now...but i don't know if i will come back for updates...i may tho who knows.

again, you are a wonderful writer and this is written exceptionaly well, its just some ideas i do not like...and in ways its hindering the story for me, no offence.

JBern replied:

To each his own.   I hope you find something you like.

fyrecat posted a comment on Sunday 16th November 2008 5:33pm for I Belong to Nowhere

AS great as always! Thanx

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Tuesday 8th July 2008 6:15am for I Belong to Nowhere

Woah, rereading, I see that you totally foreshadowed switching spells for the duel with Krum. That's impressive as all hell.

I like how this chapter ends, too.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Still catching up on my replies.

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 5:49pm for I Belong to Nowhere

You know, if this was fact and not fiction, I'd feel sorry for Harry (a little anyway), but as it is fiction, it is a damn good story and I'm glad you are sharing your imagination with the rest of us. Keep up the great work.

JBern replied:

Thanks a bunch for the compliments.   Hopefully, my original novel will impress you just as much.~Jim

TheHard posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 6:13pm for I Belong to Nowhere

Hi, again...

That was another big one, that in the infirmary! i was laughing my ass off for an hour!!! xD

Nice chapter, i'm going for the next one :)

JBern replied:

I wonder at what point you realized that HJ knew what was coming in advance.   It was a true joy to write that scene.~Jim

Cassandra posted a comment on Wednesday 28th November 2007 9:30am for I Belong to Nowhere

I love this story, I have never seen anything like this before. Its absolutely original! Keep them coming!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More coming soon.~Jim

haroon hameed posted a comment on Monday 26th November 2007 6:21am for I Belong to Nowhere

Brilliant Work Brother!this one is your best fanfiction you wrote so far and please update Soon

JBern replied:

Three hours later, I have replied to all my reviews.   Thank you for yours.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

vasilis01 posted a comment on Sunday 18th November 2007 4:30pm for I Belong to Nowhere

So far its been an original and interesting story. Nice work. Keep writing.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you like it.   Next chapter before Xmas.~Jim

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Saturday 17th November 2007 8:29am for I Belong to Nowhere

Great stuff, I'm looking forward to when HJ pulls out some of the more nasty pranks on F&G. Also, they're definitely not getting that funding at the rate they're goin'.

Looking forward to more! :)

JBern replied:

I'm happy to say that I have finally started writing chapter 8.~Jim

Immortalitis posted a comment on Monday 12th November 2007 11:20pm for I Belong to Nowhere

You seriously have to continue this.

If you don't...*Eyetwitch*

JBern replied:

I'll be starting chapter 8 this week.~Jim

verdant posted a comment on Monday 12th November 2007 3:57am for I Belong to Nowhere

I can't wait for the next installment. Hint, hint. Thanks for the work so far--it's really good!

JBern replied:

Just posted the Darkness finale and now can clear the decks so to speak and start thinking and writing this story again.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

busted posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 10:45pm for I Belong to Nowhere

I see from your replies to others you will be updating soon hopefully :D

After reading some of the other reviews I saw some other things I would like to comment on.

Some people don’t like when Harry isn’t friends with Hermione, Ron the twins Etc. but I love it. It seems as though they think they can just put him down as well as push him around and he’s going to bend to there will. I like that HJ has the self esteem and confidence to not have to try and defend himself and his actions all the time.

The points HJ raised about the others just being like immature children to him are very true. I have always thought Ron was an idiot. He is very hot headed and doesn’t think things through. He is really overprotective and can be very mean or rude even to his "Friends." His jealousy is also childish. I would not want a friend like that. Hermione’s tendency to go to authoritive figures for everything and being a stickler for the rules would piss me off.

Harry seems to always care what other people think and cares to much about there feelings but I like that HJ balances this out more. He does care for people’s feelings but not so much that he will go too far out of his way to make sure everyone is happy. Although I would rather he didn’t "feign ignorance on some of the problems just to make her (Hermione) feel better." If she wants to be childish and not be happy for her friend because now he is smart enough to not need her help then just let her deal with it.

I like stories where Harry goes off and does his own things the way he wants to and doesn’t put up with peoples crap. He should train and better advance his knowledge since that is what I would do if I knew I had to fight Voldemort. It also makes me happy to know that he is progressing so as to make you feel better about his prospects for the future.

I like the match of HJ and Fleur because she is so stuck up and thinks she is too good for everyone so it will be enjoyable to see HJ win her over. I think HJs confidence, mature behaviour and charm will help to attract her. It seems she likes men that have strong will power i.e. are unaffected by her veela powers.

Although Fleur can be a bitch if she thinks you are below her she is nice to those she considers equals. Moreover Fleur has been shown to be affectionate, loyal and caring to those she loves so I would like to see HJ in that position. I hope that you do show these better sides of her, which you probably will and that’ll help HJ and the readers like her more. It also doesn’t hurt that she is incredibly HOT!! With HJs personality he probably likes her self confidence and legs :P… The fact that at first Fleur will just think of him as "just a little boy" will definitely make the transition to a relationship interesting. I think everyone enjoys the main guy having the girl fall for him that others think is out of his reach.

Only time and updates will tell what will actually happen so keep up the great work ;) and pump out those updates.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the two long reviews.   I'm glad you enjoy the direction that I am taking HJ.   Now that Darkness is officially finito, I can start investing time and effort into this story again.   More fun on the horizon.~Jim

busted posted a comment on Sunday 11th November 2007 9:06pm for I Belong to Nowhere

I just read this for the second time and im still really looking forward to the next chapter. You have very good ideas and I love James Potters perception of people and different circumstances. Out of your three running stories this is the one i look forward to the most since it makes me laugh. I also love your story To Fight the Coming Darkness. It has great action and fighting but humour is still what I enjoy most.

Now that you have (finished/Almost finished)? writing To Fight the Coming Darkness hopefully you can start to get the updates coming on this story.

JBern replied:

As mentioned in my other reply thanks.   I enjoy writing in the first person and have been waiting to finish Darkness before leaping into this story.   Now, the wait is finally over!~Jim

matthiasblack posted a comment on Tuesday 6th November 2007 3:20am for I Belong to Nowhere

This is quite interesting as it doesn't follow many of the cliches associated with GOF fics. Harry isn't best friends with the twins, there is still some quidditch, and you explain the Bloody Baron quite nicely. I find this fic to be quite refreshing compared to the cliche ridden stories that have been coming out. Thank you and keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm trying to blaze a different trail here.   I'm about to start writing this story again.~Jim