Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Mitch Hamiton posted a comment on Monday 21st January 2013 7:07am for Mind Your Manners

witch boxing movie is it and what was the quote.

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Friday 10th April 2009 4:08pm for Mind Your Manners

Excellent. Just reread the whole story. Put together very well, loving the last couple of chapters. Terribly excited about the next couple of updates. Hurry up and finish the story, its driving me nuts. :)


Really though, you are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Chapter 22 is with the editors.   I hopefully will have it posted before the weekend is over.   Thanks for the review.

Grozt posted a comment on Monday 6th April 2009 11:12am for Mind Your Manners

Its freaking INSANE... And i like it..

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More on the way shortly.

Kathleen posted a comment on Sunday 5th April 2009 4:30pm for Mind Your Manners

I just found this story. It's fantastic! Very funny and yet, as it went on, engrossing.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   More coming shortly.

fanfic789 posted a comment on Sunday 5th April 2009 10:28am for Mind Your Manners

as usual you've outdone yourself. i really enjoyed reading this chapter. please update soon

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 22 is almost done.

koppe posted a comment on Thursday 2nd April 2009 12:26am for Mind Your Manners

Great chapter as usual. Glad Harry and Fleur's relationship seems to finally have gotten off to a start (and I'm eagerly hoping for some sex in future chapters)... but I did miss more of the Hat.

Loved that the ship got in trouble and that Snape was fired... though I wonder what Snape and Karkaroff is plotting.

Keep up the great work, and please update soon.

JBern replied:

Plenty more coming soon.   Chapter 22 is almost done and should be released this weekend.

Luan Mao posted a comment on Monday 30th March 2009 12:35pm for Mind Your Manners

Very slowly, she says, "The next time Albus is away from the castle and I am in charge, you are not allowed to leave Gryffindor tower—even for class."



-snork- Funniest line of the chapter.

('The Hat pauses for a moment and says, "You handle this one, HJ."' was the funniest of Ch 17.)

JBern replied:

Hope you noticed that she calmed down later and figured out a better solution - Dumbledore has to take him!

ginners posted a comment on Friday 27th March 2009 5:12pm for Mind Your Manners

Okay.... WOW

This is simply THE best Harry Potter fanfiction I have ever read so far. And beleive me I have read a LOT. The humour in this story is it's best quality in myopinion - some of the lines like harry's "shall I conjure a chair for you then?" had me cracking up.

Keep up the good work and UPDATE SOON!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   Chapter 22 is just about done and will be out shortly.

Secca posted a comment on Friday 27th March 2009 3:13pm for Mind Your Manners

I have a question. In "Dancing in the Whirlwind" when Harry revealed James' memories to Albus, Albus responded:

Dumbledore clears his throat. "Thank you for that fascinating history lesson, but while there is not much life left in these old limbs, I'm not ready to die just yet. Now Harry, we must decide how to proceed. The rules of this tournament forbid me to help you in any overt way."

"I can handle the other champions…"

"Yes, I see that clearly now, but those oaths deny me the luxury of helping you directly prepare for the real task ahead until the tournament is over."

Yet Fleur and Aimee knew about the Dementor task beforehand, and we see Karkaroff helping Krum and Manos with said task. Why is apparently only one of the three Headmasters bound by oath?

JBern replied:

It's more direct/personal assistance.   You'll see how Dumbledore works around this in chapter 22.   When you see it, hopefully it will clear up some things.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Tuesday 24th March 2009 4:13am for Mind Your Manners

why does reviewer Minerva Granger think that Pettigrew is dead? I read through both for fun and to find mention of him in here, and there is none beyond that he's with V and the rat returns prophecy.

JBern replied:

I dunno.   I do know that chapter 22 is just about ready.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Monday 23rd March 2009 5:35am for Mind Your Manners

Nice chapter. I wonder if Muggle signal analysis (probably computer assisted) would make something out of Muffliated discussion; or perhaps some magical equivalent... I also wonder if repeating the solution (listening in Pensieve to memory of listening in Pensieve etc.) would improve quality...

I guess that Harry cannot tell Augusta Longbottom that one of the reasons why Neville's mother was chosen to awaken was that she is better at potions, becaus the solution (using Elixir of Life) has to stay a secret; am I right?

Good chapter!

JBern replied:

It's possible.   I just figured that there has to be ways around privacy charms.   I would say taking a memory potion and then trying to listen to it in a pensieve might improve quality as well.

You are correct about why HJ won't tell Augusta about the elixir.   Chapter 22 coming shortly.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Saturday 21st March 2009 12:54pm for Mind Your Manners

I liked McGonagall in this one quite a bit. :-)

On the one hand, yay! Snape's sacked! OTOH, boo! Snape's still around. Oh well, it's easier to kill him when he's close at hand.

Is the Longbottom thread just a side plot? Or is that something that's going to tie into the main plot later on?

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked McG.   As you can already see, she isn't portrayed in a favorable light in the Inner Eye story.   Longbottom plot is a side plot for now.   We may see Alice in the sequel.

Chapter 22 is just about ready for release, so I'm catching up on my replies.

warpwizard posted a comment on Saturday 21st March 2009 12:25pm for Mind Your Manners

Good stuff, solid chapter. Lots of stuff set up for action later.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More coming soon.

Wolfric posted a comment on Saturday 21st March 2009 8:13am for Mind Your Manners

Once again you provide an enjoyable and interesting chapter. I especially thought the ship being held together by the geist was a clever idea and the exchange with Mm Longbottom was fun. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

Well, it was really a bit on the Fall of House Usher, but you get the idea.   Chapter 22 is just about done and should be released shortly.

Anthony May posted a comment on Friday 20th March 2009 3:10pm for Mind Your Manners

I feel a little silly always gushing and singing your praises after every chapter - yet I must! If it has your name on it, it's a MUST READ. No one can capture the reader and play with their emotions or hang them in suspense like the mighty JBern!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.  Chapter 22 is just about ready.   I think you'll enjoy the broom scene.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 20th March 2009 5:48am for Mind Your Manners

I love the idea of McGonagall and Poppy resigning in order to get rid of Snape. Lovely scene. Laughed my head off at McGonagall confining Harry to quarters for the next time Albus is gone. Brilliant dialogue.

The worst ever pick-up line was very funny and Harry's one upmanship with Padfoot was reminiscent of Nonjon's Black Comedy. Great stuff. Ahh, I remember the days of my own innocence when like Fleur, I would have said "on top" for the filthy minded to jump in on. That was very well done.

I liked that Harry still suffered through the tournament and then Hermione's protectiveness fitted in very well with the overall scene. You're not going to make this easy for him in any way.

My only criticism, and it is a small one, was NOT ENOUGH HAT! Otherwise fantastic chapter. I liked the cliffhanger ending especially. More please. Ooh, and HHH arrived yesterday so expect Amazon reviews soon.

JBern replied:

Don't forget to leave a review on Amazon when you finish it.   Chapter 22 is just about ready.   I'll post it this weekend as soon as it comes back from editing.

Banner posted a comment on Friday 20th March 2009 5:38am for Mind Your Manners

And that last line blows everything that came before out of the water. I was loving this chapter - the burning ship, firing Snape, the confrontation in AD's office, sparring with the Press and Augusta, it was all good. Then you dropped a name. Everything else becomes unimportant. I love all your work. You keep me on the edge of my seat, excited and surprised, and delighted. Wonderful story.

JBern replied:

As usual thanks for the review.   Chapter 22 is just about ready, which is why I'm catching up on my replies.   Hopefully the rest will impress you just as much.   (Let me know what you think of the broom scene in chapter 22.)

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Friday 20th March 2009 5:07am for Mind Your Manners

Hey,
Great chapter as usual. Had to be a bit calmer I suppose, after the chaos that was the last one.

RG bought me a copy of your book; Horror, Humor and Heroes for my B-day. Had to have it shipped from the States so have only just got it. I will read and review on Amazon for you. I must say the book itself looks really good, I think the cover art is great. I don't know if you have any other readers that have bought it from the UK but you can consider yourself and international selling author now! Hehe.

Thanks for writing, can't wait for more.
Monkey

JBern replied:

I look forward to the Amazon review.   I think you'll enjoy the rest of this story and my new one "The Inner Eye of Harry Potter."   Chapter 22 is just about ready.   I think you'll enjoy the broom scene.

Mesterio posted a comment on Thursday 19th March 2009 8:12pm for Mind Your Manners

Once again, cliffhanger. I don't know whether to be mad at you for continuing to end most of your chapters like that or impressed that you keep doing it in new ways. Good chap, looking forward to H.J. meeting Ms. Delacour.

JBern replied:

Harry versus Mrs. Delacour is coming up in chapter 22 which will be released shortly.

stgilman10 posted a comment on Thursday 19th March 2009 3:51pm for Mind Your Manners

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if I have to have only one author that I read that's actually updating his stories, I'm damn glad it's you.

I really like the way you've allied your Harry and Dumbledore.

This was a great chapter but I have one problem. Karkaroff doesn't have the right to be pissed at Harry for damaging/destroying the ship. All Harry did was kill the geist, and in self defense at that. Now, with your Harry, I could easily see him going and blowing up the ship, but he really had nothing to do with the state of the ship.

Still, excellent story. I look forward to this and to Turn, but I'll be honest: Lie is better than Turn, and Turn isn't as good as Bungle was. It's good; I'm not saying that it's not. I just prefer Lie right now.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Chapter 22 is with final edits and should be out soon.