Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Jearom posted a comment on Friday 28th September 2007 3:08am for I was Born to Dream

An excellent Chapter 2. Damn your Albus is a piece of work! To bad for Luna, she'll have to wait for Harry to figure out how to untangle from Hermione, lol.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Friday 28th September 2007 2:15am for I was Born to Dream

Gaaah, cliffhanger. You are evil

The fabled Hogwards security. I do wonder with portrait spying, is Snape compromised, and used to pass false information to Dumbledore (blind triple agent??)?

As to filial relationship: wouldn't it be easiest to adopt Hermione as either homorary Potter or honorary Black? But the crack about intercourse to solidify bond... it is not so nice when it is on other foot, isn't it?

ShadeHawk

JBern replied:

Evil is my calling...

Glad the chapter raises more questions.   You raise a point about filial relationships.   I'm sure Harry will be thinking about things like that for a long time to come.~Jim

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Friday 28th September 2007 1:51am for I was Born to Dream

Wow. The hits just keep coming. Great stuff. I'm suprised at the continuing extent of Dumbledore's idiocy. Screwing Harry over like that was clearly a bad idea. He needs Harry, even if just to fulfill the prophecy. I'm interested to see Harry's interactions with the other students, especially Luna, but I'm certainly willing to delay that for another horcrux.

I hope Harry's old friends realize how badly they've messed up...eventually. Not that Harry will necessarily ever be close with them again, but at least to the point that he thinks they've suffered enough and he doesn't need to attack them every time he sees them. He can't stay that bitter for the rest of his life.

So far I think this is even better than Bungle. The chapters just fly by. If you can keep this pace going the whole way it'll be very impressive. Thanks for writing such a brilliant story!
Jay

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the chapter.   I hope to continue impressing you.   Dumbledore had a good plan.   Now he's somewhat backed into a corner with what he can do.

Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 1:44pm for I was Born to Dream

Cliffy to Cliffy, that is so mean. Harry and Hermey fun bags, have to be a couple I don't think that is going to happen. Maybe Luna would go for a threesome. Hermione can now charge DD with a crime by linking her to the blood wards without her knowledge.

MPF

JBern replied:

I'm sure something will happen, probably not what Dumbledore envisions.   I suspect Hermione's faith in authority will be badly shaken by all this...~Jim

DobbyElfLord posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 1:15pm for I was Born to Dream

Hey Jim,

Loved the chapter. I read it last night but the conversation with Dumbledore really made me angry. I wanted Harry to rip off Dumble's head and s$*t down his throat! (Ever play Duke Nuk'em?)

Great writing. I am looking forward to the next one!

Rick

JBern replied:

I'm glad I could evoke an emotional response from you.   That's a very lofty compliment.   Hope your sequel is coming along as well.   The next chapter of this in 2 weeks.   Chapter 39 of Darkness in a few days.~Jim

 

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 12:50pm for I was Born to Dream

Look I go on vacation and you've updated 'The Lie I've Lived' and started this one with two chapters! I'm so happy.
I can't tell you how much I laughed during the first chapter, it was *killing* me. Dumbledore is a right bastard isn't he? And Remus! Well I can't wait to see what happens to that little traitor. Harry should make some remarks about James getting it one and three, Sirius- Good friend, Peter and Remus -bad.
I'd make the review longer but I've really got to run.
Great chapter and I can't wait to see more from you.

JBern replied:

Wow!   Must have been a nice vacation.   Glad you enjoyed it.   I hope my stories continue to impress you.~Jim

Terry Swain posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 12:25pm for I was Born to Dream

Great chapter. :)

JBern replied:

Thanks glad you liked it.   Next chapter in about 2 weeks.~Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 10:45am for I was Born to Dream

Twisted is definitely the word. Nice opener, looking forward to more.

Error check:

The man you see before you is indeed your former classmate and now the junior ambassador from the wizard a* nation of Brazil.

*wizarding

Well that isn’t exactly true, you would* mind taking her in your arms * wringing her scrawny little neck!

*wouldn’t

*missing "and"


It makes you wonder if Ginny couldn’t have you, that* she went for "the next best thing."

*then


The report* you heard were correct; she looks more like a third or fourth year than a sixth year. Never really a very large girl, she’d lost quite a bit of weight and her face is much thinner than you recall.

*reports


You’re* senses tell you, he isn’t Alpha.

*Your

Dumbledore allows his aura to flair* and radiate with power almost causing Hermione to fall from her seat.

*flare

JBern replied:

Thanks for pointing out the errors.   I'll do some housekeeping at some point on the story.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

magus213 posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 8:33am for I was Born to Dream

Wow. Tftcd is good, but tlil and this in particular are both brilliant!

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Next chapter of Darkness in a few days.   Next chapter of this one in 2 weeks.~Jim

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 8:31am for I was Born to Dream

I hope Harry gives Dumbledore the HUGE payback he so royally deserves once he gets rid of Voldie!

JBern replied:

Well like Harry said in this chapter - "Hope is a 4 letter word"   We'll see what happens.~Jim

draalder posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 6:12am for I was Born to Dream

Possible way out of the "Do your best to protect the school" thing; When the time comes for Harry to do a bad thing to Hermy Kwan could merely stun him from behind for a while, hide Harry, and then threaten Dumbledore not to wake him for a time till he is out of his oath. Kwan didnt sign anything and he is a sneaky, viscious, yet protective friend of Harry's. Plus it would be a great thing to see a showdown of Dumbledore vs. Kwan.

JBern replied:

We'll see how Harry plans to fulfill his promise.   Will he win?   Probably not.   Will he lose?   Probably not entirely.   The result will be somewhere in the middle.~Jim

PerfesserN posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 5:57am for I was Born to Dream

Good to see a "Turn Me Loose" update, and the cliffie? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGG!
Is Hermione really that gullible or is she being the manipulative one here? Brightest witch of her age, remember?
Given Bill's understanding of "workarounds," Kwan's plain old orneriness and Luna's brains Harry should be able to work it so that Dumbledore is the one to break the magically binding oath.
Looking forward (over the edge of the cliff) to the next thrilling episode. . .
N!

JBern replied:

What's wrong with a good cliffhanger?   Don't confuse books and cleverness with wisdom.  She's a bit too trusting.   Recall all those, "Are you practicing your Occlumency?"   "You should go to Dumbledore."

She's a bit too trusting and I think it shows.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.   Chapter 39 of Darkness in a few days.~Jim

skulLXeon posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 5:40am for I was Born to Dream

damn... they got him, again! Well, seems like Harry has to do something about that oath now. hm... great chapter.... and a kinda interesting twist at the end, other than that, great work as always... and see you around....

AGX[TAIL]

JBern replied:

Well, Harry needs Dumbledore to help with Voldemort.   Glad you liked it.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Geoff posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 3:30am for I was Born to Dream

Ya know, just once I'd like to see Harry break one of these oaths he gets stuck in and take the pain. Would certainly suprise Dumbledore as most seem to assume no one would ever do such a thing. All in all though, good chapter :)

JBern replied:

He could very well break the oath.   The option will be on the table.   He could also start making outrageous demands on Dumbledore.   Whatever I do, I doubt it will be what you expect.~Jim

haphazard1 posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 3:16am for I was Born to Dream

Wow. Confrontations, half truths, double crosses, Riddle's influence inside the school, even Dumbles considering Harry/Petunia incest -- the pace is definitely not slowing down one bit.

Is it wrong of me to hope Malfoy does try something?

Very nice work, and I look forward to seeing just what Riddle has left in place for his horcrux.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you got a cringe out of the Harry/Petunia implications.   Technically, everyone (you the readers) know that Malfoy was behind the cursed necklace.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 3:08am for I was Born to Dream

Wow. This is pretty wicked. I knew Harry was probably going to get screwed over on the wording of the oath. But Dumbledore's plan is pretty screwed up, and it does not speak well for Hermione's much-lauded intelligence that she allowed herself to be swept up in it.

I'm looking forward to the battle, and more importantly, how Harry is going to find a solution that protects the school without him having to dance to Dumbledore's (quite distastefully dissonant) tune.

until next chapter!

Quizer

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Things are never easy for Harry are they?   Remember, who's the one always telling Hermione that she's the smartest witch of her generation?   Dumbledore, Lupin and the rest.   There's intelligence and common sense.   An older more jaded Hermione might not have been lulled into this predicament.

Next chapter of this one in 2 weeks.   Next chapter of Darkness in a few days.   Thanks as always for the reviews.~Jim

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 3:04am for I was Born to Dream

Awesome Sauce! Good chapter =D Nice to see that Dumbles isn't slipping up in his game ... but also that he isn't a broken reccord either =)

JBern replied:

I don't like the idiot Dumbledore that many portray.   He should be up to something.   I hope the story continues to impress you.~Jim

uthamm posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 2:31am for I was Born to Dream

Oh, one more thing.

Grudge sex with Hermoine. Heh.

Sweet. VERY sweet.

JBern replied:

Some would say it's the best kind...In Harry's case only time will tell.~Jim

uthamm posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 2:30am for I was Born to Dream

. . . "Wondering what kind of educational system would produce Kwan . . " SECOND!

There HAS to be a story there. Nice job. Another miscalculation by Harry and DD causing more chaos. DD is really maxing out the account with Harry, isn't he?

JBern replied:

I'm sure there is a story there, but this isn't the place to tell it.   I hope you continue to enjoy the story.~Jim

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 27th September 2007 2:23am for I was Born to Dream

I read this last night, too late to review. Now on a break.

Very much in the character of Harry you've developed from a post-OotP starting point. I like his snarkiness with Dumbledore. Doing it before the school body was brill.

Hermione is easier to understand, but still deserves what she's getting. I do hope you make more of her actions compulsions from the potions, etc. (I just don't like it when Hermione's 'bad' in anyway. Ginny - have at her.)

Remus had it coming the second he said that he'd have done it all the same way even if he knew harry didn't know.

I can't wait for Bill to make it out of "recovery" so they can start screwing with Dumbledore's master plans.

Cheers!

JBern replied:

Glad you approve!   Next chapter in a few weeks.   Sorry that I probably won't be too charitable to Ms. Granger, but what can you do?

Regards~Jim