Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Andrius posted a comment on Wednesday 10th November 2010 10:37pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

This was an epic chapter, especially since the part with the rift opening. I certainly didn't see that coming.

Yonexcannon posted a comment on Friday 5th November 2010 7:49am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Love this chapter and the entire story as a whole, so please keep that in mind when I say my only complaint is that Kwan deserved a better (or at least a more fleshed out) death scene.

joeBob posted a comment on Thursday 4th November 2010 2:25am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Reviewed elsewhere. Fine chapter; great story.

Mesterio posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd November 2010 2:46pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

love it. crazy things going on everywhere, cant not try to keep track of all of them. REALLY want to see how this goes.

00_Knight posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd November 2010 6:00am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Outstanding! Loved every second of it, and can't wait for the end battle/ epilogue.

Anthony May posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd November 2010 2:29am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Damn that was intense!! You always are so amazingly brilliant!! What a epic and tremendous story. 3 thumbs up and 12 out of ten stars! Can't wait for the next chapter my liege!

CrabbyOldHobbit posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd November 2010 2:11am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

A triumphant chapter in every sense. The bait-and-switch Final Boss actually caught me by surprise, even in spite of having months to figure out the ploy. Even if I had come to this chapter fresh off of TvTropes.org, there's no way anybody could have predicted Harry and Voldemort accidentally opening a portal to Hell, getting stranded on the wrong side of same portal, and both dying in there in a manner completely unrelated to their conflict. Brilliantly done. If there is any criticism, I guess it would be that a) it wasn't 100% clear why the portal opened the way it did, when it did. Was it simply the use of Chilotha's wand? Was Voldemort not using his Yew wand up to that point in the fight (hence his ability to use magic like Harry while still being forced to keep the portal open? If that's the case, was he using another of Chilotha's wands? Also, I don't have a very clear picture of the "landscape" of Hell. I guess this can be explained by the fact that Harry was occupied by more pressing matters than sight-seeing, but there is a good deal of movement going on in this scene, and I kind of wish I had a better sense of the setting. Minor concerns in the end. The chapter was overall a beautiful lead-in to the grand finale, especially the shocking revival scene right before the end. Never saw that coming. Just goes to show that you're a master of the craft. Looking forward to whatever comes next, whether that be your fanfiction or your original stories. Any news on progress towards Dead-Eye 2 and Spirals of Destiny 2?

dwilken posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 7:13pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Hey, Jim.

OK, I'm back after re-freshing the old memory a bit. First, thanks for coming back and working on finishing the story. It's appreciated. Second, this story is just plain effing weird. Fortunately you still manage to make it entertaining. :)

Anyway, since you haven't resolved the Harry/Dumbledore conflict - and he seems to be the real string-pulling villain in this story - I suspect that your Harry shall triumph over the daemon and survive, because somehow I don't think we've seen the extent of the evil your Dumbledore variant is capable of and you want to show us.

Just my 2 cents......

ernichol posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 3:00pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

well that was pretty fucking epic. looking forward to the finale

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 2:10pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Wow. Nothing at all like what I expected. I was thinking maybe the demon would be resurrected through Hack's body since he's been bathed in its blood or something. Didn't see Chilotha's wand coming into the mix. I think this is one of the best fight scenes I've ever read and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Later,
Rex

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 5:21am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

I like the detail about the goblins stealing children for the slave markets.

As always, your action scenes are beautifully thought out and excitingly paced. I loved Harry being tossed through the dimensional rift. Fawkes hating him does, now, make perfect sense and is rather nicely crafted end to the relationship. I hope someone pulls him back out sometime though.

Excellent chapter. Not really an evil cliffy, but a brilliant end. More please.

Wolfric posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 4:10am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Great to hear from you again. I look forward to the final battle. The battle in this chapter is well done. I always thought antitank rockets would be good for killing giants and dragons, maybe next time. I'm glad your other endeavours have been working out for you. Thanks for writing. W.

busted posted a comment on Monday 1st November 2010 3:32am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

So when you are done with this story are you going to do the sequel for The Lie I've lived? Thats what I have been really waiting for. I really do love that story. I have been searching for another good one but they just don't measure up. I enjoy the characters wit and the story keeps me interested all the way through.

I love your work :) keep it up ;)

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Sunday 31st October 2010 10:56pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Thanks for the new installment of this story! I can't wait for the next chapter to see how this all turns out!

rune1806 posted a comment on Sunday 31st October 2010 3:27pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Wow never saw any of that coming. That was THE MOST original fight with Harry and Tom I have ever read, very well done. I very much look forward to the final battle.

James13 posted a comment on Sunday 31st October 2010 12:19am for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Wow. I never saw that ending coming. I mean Harry resurrected with the same ritual as Voldemort was? completely insane, and utterly perfect. You're my kind of crazy :)

Anansii posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 11:23pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Ooh, update! Good one, too - that was wild enough I'm probably going to have to go back and reread it to pick up all the details. Harry may have lost his link to Voldy, but I'm not so sure about that bit of soul that was stuck in the cup - has he still got a bit of Voldemort in there? Will it come in handy fighting old four arms? Fingers crossed...

Stick97 posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 11:15pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

always great reading your stuff.

tons of interweaving complex plotlines and subtlety.

toss in some kickass battlescenes, some suberb human drama, and you have a recipe for greatness.

I hope to write a cursebreaker!Harry some day half as good as yours.

of course, I am thinking Fleur will be the mentor in that one.

I figure if Harry has to deal with being stuck in some hot steamy jungle, and sleep in a tiny tent, he should at least have a hot Veela as his mentor.

besides, it will make for a much more fun, "'arry! you have to suck the poison out!" scene don't cha think?

keep up the great work

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 10:24pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Outstanding chapter!!!! Poor Harry, now he's got part of Voldemort's soul in him!!!! Will the ritual that just happened at the end of the chapter affect Harry at all???? I'm glad to hear that your gonna do a sequel to The Lie I've Lived, I can't wait!!!! Will Helga's cup do anything to Harry???? Is Harry's aniamgus still a jaguar???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

Renzo7 posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 9:10pm for So Why Don't You Turn Me Loose?

Wow! This chapter was incredible!

Quite unexpected twist from Chilotha's wand. I can't wait for the next chapter. This has been a terrific update!