Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

ILikeToRead posted a comment on Monday 4th April 2016 8:49pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

I don't know how I missed this story but I did until now. Wonderful is an understated way to word the feelings I had while read. I was on the edge of my seat more than in it. Thanks for sharing your work!

20cent posted a comment on Saturday 12th July 2014 7:21am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Just read your story for the second time, and it still amazes me how much you were able to add to the HP universe.

Your characters are fantastic (especially Kwan and Hack), your ideas about magic and runes really add an other perspective to the sory, dogeball rocks, and your second-person narrative mode is well used from the beginning to the end.

This is truely my favourite HP fanfiction !

Congratulations,

V.

MattKennedy posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2014 5:23am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

This has got to be one of the most creative and enjoyable stories I've read. I'm not much of a fan of how Harry is so casually having sex with so many people, but I absolutely love that he and Bill have become best friends/brothers. I really like how you portrayed cursebreaking. :)

thaumologist posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd March 2011 6:42pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Great piece! A few times a word seemed replicated or deleted, but I enjoyed this. Initially, the second person view made it seem more like Harry was going crazy than anything else, but in later chapters it made the whole thing more real, as it was me that was there, as opposed to Harry. Of course, this got me incredibly confused, and I did have to re-read sections sometimes.

Loved it overall though, DFTBA

C

Slytherin66 posted a comment on Friday 10th September 2010 3:40pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

I loved this story it was fantastic Bill and Fleur were good to Harry and he grew up well under Bill's care. I liked Harry in this story he was less weak and more open minded and the fact he made mistakes but also did well too and had fun. I think Harry would have been much happier in the books had he had sex and been less of a wimp regarding killing people.

I liked Fleur's plan regarding Harry herself and in time her sister if things don't work out with LunaI think Harry could be happy with a Veela wife and Gabby would be happy. A great line "If you persist in being such an imbecile, I will marry Bill and take Harry for a lover until my sister is old enough for him and I will be the happiest witch in all of Europe!"

The friendship between Harry and Bill was good and rather rare not much is really known about Bill but you gave him some depth and made him fun as well as showing what a good if very clreative couple Bill and Fleur are and thank you for not having Mrs Weasley involved in their wedding as Fleur would hate it and her.

I am glad there is going to be a Potter heir it makes sense for Harry who is the last of his line to have a child and good thinking for the mother and child to be safe and hidden. Then even if Harry dies and stays dead his family name will continue.

Luna's character was interesting I am glad she grew up a little too.

I look forward to how all those who betrayed Harry are dealt with and how Harry will deal with the Ministry and a people not worth saving.

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Saturday 26th June 2010 2:37am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

This remains an excellent story. A particular highlight was Luna's and Harry's developing relationship. Her breakdown was quite believable, and it brought more to her character.

samsas posted a comment on Thursday 10th June 2010 9:58pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Great story, off to read Turn Me Loose =).

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Monday 1st February 2010 2:18am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Outstanding story!!!! I'm glad i read this one!!!!

Keats449 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th January 2010 11:37pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Great story. I really liked Hack, Kwan, Bill, Fleur, your take on different bits of magic spell chaining/curse breaking/runes/wards/the animagus transformation, the City of the Damned. Your action scenes are fun to read, and the humor you inject throughout the story is nice to keep things light, even with all the serious and horrible situations they encounter.

The only things I can really complain about are the relationship with Karina, the amount of stuff that Harry picks up in a such a short amount of time, and the lack of resolution with anything that happened in England.
The Karina relationship was kinda creepy to me, due to the age difference. A 15/16 year old kid dating a woman that was getting pregnant when he was living in a cupboard completely ignorant of magic, was a little uncomfortable to me.

I liked the pacing of the story, but when I stop and consider that in just a couple of months, Harry went from being drugged and memory charmed, to becoming an animagus, standing toe to toe with the 'South American Voldemort', being picked as Bill's best man, having a fling with a woman 10 years his senior, and being able to kill an incredibly powerful demon, it just stretches the suspension of disbelief a bit. If it took place over the course of a year or so, might've been better.

I realize that there's a sequel, but with everything else that he accomplished in a couple months, having some kind of showdown with Dumbledore, and getting some kind of resolution with the Weasleys would've been nice.

That stuff is mostly being nitpicky though, as I said, I really enjoyed this story, thank you for taking the time to write and post it, I look forward to reading the sequel :D.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 1:19pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Best Fic for Action that I've ever read. Is now one of my all-time favorites. Hate to see it end without a true Harry/Luna relationship. YES! Lauren get's her grandfathers wish, I wonder what the old Eagle would say about it. Cute stuff for the bra, but I have to wonder if there's dead zones for rune energy like there is cellphones. Lmao!

Tracey1 posted a comment on Monday 9th November 2009 6:29am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Okay, I said I would review at the end of the story so here it goes. When I first started reading this story I wasn't too sure about the 2nd person view. It was a little disconcerting in the beginning. As I read more of the story it kinda grew on me. I have read a lot of fanfic and I must say that you are one hell of a writer. This was a facinating read. The story flowed well for the most part and it was definatly a unique storyline.

Now for the critical part: spelling and grammar ck and a little better editing would have been appreciated. There were several sentences along the way that seemed to have missing or too many words so that they didnt make a whole lot of sense.

That said, I'm off to read the sequel. Great job!!

PaulKellington posted a comment on Friday 11th September 2009 3:47am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Why did I take so long to read this? Maybe I'm not into HairyMoon?

Actually, I remember starting this in it's first few chapters and not keeping up.

My mistake.

I was captured by the POV and the writing style. The short, choppy chain-of-thought work was well executed and interesting. You're always fun to read but this piece got me in trouble (I'm way behind in my work now.)

Thanks for all of your efforts and for giving me another story to "Highly Recommend".

lorddwar posted a comment on Friday 3rd July 2009 9:57pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

I really enjoyed this story. You have a great way of writing Harry's helpers. Hack is perfect.

I seem to find myself waiting for two of your storylines to be completed. I wish you extra time for writing.

Dwar

Lathena posted a comment on Monday 19th January 2009 9:39am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

I loved this story! You are a great author. *picture gushing fangirl* All your magic was great like the spell chaining, animigus, curse-breaking (I want to learn now!). Your characters were great, especially Bill, Thunderbird, Kwan, and err everyone. Your Harry was strong without being obnoxious. I liked his relationships with the different girls. It was real and gave him a chance to grow up and mature-another thing you did very well here. From beginning to end your Harry was real and believable. I also liked your ending, whether or not the kid ends up coming into play. You gave them an unstoppable villian, but managed to kill him realistically and your fight scene, despite being numerous, were never boring. Also your humor was a great touch. In addition to the fantastic drama, humor, action, and just a dash of romance makes for the perfect story.
The second person thing was odd whenever I restarted reading, but it allows you to do things you normally can't that I really enjoyed. plus it is a very different writing style.
These are just the things I can come up with right away. There were a ton of other things I loved, but I'm in to much of a hurry to start the sequel to continue, hope its just as good.
Amazing work!!

fyrecat posted a comment on Saturday 27th December 2008 8:07pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Great chapter, and a fantastic story! Thanks so much.
So much for keeping riddle in the dark about his missing horcrux for a year. I'll bet that pissed him off.
Thanks for not getting all mushy at Thundercloud's funeral.
It looks like Luna and Harry's friendship is on the mend. Go Fleur!
Great scene with the bounty hunters. It reminds me just a bit of the scene in Firefly where Mal Hired Jayne.
Finally Harry and Lauren get wiggly! Yay Harry!
I'm curious to see what interesting and creative use Harry will put the Bra rune schemes to.

and finally, Editorial notes:
"...with Nikolai Colastos is seated next to you."
- with Nikolai Colastos seated next to you.

"...Dimperio is going to a portion of the Ministries share to the Goblins..."
- is going to *what* a portion...
- give? sneak?

"We can be packed in out of here in a few hours."
- Packed *and* out of here...

"You sure you’re not seeing trick light tricks or glamours?""
- "...seeing light tricks or glamours?"

"Oh that get’s the blood pumping."
- ...gets... No apostrophe needed here.

hpkuarg posted a comment on Wednesday 24th December 2008 5:26am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Excellent story! Had me at the edge of my bean bag. I'm wary of stories in second person, but I think you make it work here---it really adds to the pace and confusion of the story. I'll jump immediately to the sequel now. Thanks!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   I am glad you enjoyed the story and I hope you are enjoying TML as well.   Sorry for the delayed reply.   I'm only now catching up on my replies.~Jim

dimriver posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd December 2008 2:03pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

I'm glad you really enjoyed writing this because I really enjoyed reading it. Darn daemon just shrugging off a killing curse, and seeing the future, bloody cheater.

JBern replied:

And the Daemon isn't done yet...

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Wednesday 19th November 2008 4:29pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

In the end all I have to say is that I loved the story.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm catching up on my replies.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.

kaptin_hippy posted a comment on Friday 7th November 2008 7:04am for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Ended up really good. At first it was a little slow, but it really picked up. I'm just glad there's still more to the story.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Catching up on all my review replies.   Thanks for taking the time to review.~Jim

Brandetto posted a comment on Tuesday 16th September 2008 5:27pm for The Rivers are Full of Crocodile Nasties

Awesome!

I loved your creativity, espcially around the different kinds or wards. I would suggest that all *real* warders read your story as part of their *real* warding eduction.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Sorry for the long delayed reply.   I hope you continue to enjoy my works.~Jim