Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Friday 18th February 2011 11:28am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Damn that was a close one! The battle was really intense. Good job!

Keats449 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th January 2010 9:53pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Great chapter :D. Loved the fight and the cheering charms kicking back in after.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 12:18pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

OMFG, I re-iterate, THE BEST DARN ACTION FIC EVER CREATED!! I'm all but jumping for joy , I knew our heroes would survive, but that has got to be the coolest fight scene I've ever read. I wonder if Hack has 'wand-envy' after seeing the growth-potioned Harry? Plus they have access to the treasures as well now. Not to mention all the demon-stuffs. I wonder if they'll still have to give the goblins their share even though they hindered the effort if anything. The bequeathment to Draco Malfoy is hilarious, and the one to Remus hit me square in the chest, thats a stiff drink to swallow there.
I'm still almost giddy, I had to reread the better part of the battle. I would KILL for a movie scene even close to that one. I wonder how much Hack can get for a dragon bone spear that helped slay a daemon? Good stuff, great stuff.

fyrecat posted a comment on Saturday 27th December 2008 12:09pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

GREAT fight scene!!! I love the plans to make use of daemon parts!


Editorial notes:
"They’re as ‘immortal’ as far as they’re concerned"
- They’re ‘immortal’ as far as...

"How many more errors will the fates allow you to make, before it throws the fatal one your way?"
- IS it Fate, singular, or The fates, Plural?
- If it is 'Fate', then it throws the fatal one.
- if it is the fates, then 'they' will be doing the throwing.

"His rational is.."
- His rationale is...
- Rational is an adjective, it describes a person.
- Rationale is a noun meaning fundamental reasons.
- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rationale

"...wants the straps adjusted slightly higher and made a bit more taunt."
- a bit more taut.
- taut means tighter
- taunt means to tease

"You don’t know whether or not to be flattered or angry."
-whether to be flattered or angry...

"Gagging at the taste of whatever it calls blood you wretch,..."
- retch: to make efforts to vomit.
- wretch: a deplorably unfortunate or unhappy person.

"...before helping you more of your wounds."
- helping you more *with* your wounds?
- helping you *heal* more of your wounds?

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Sunday 21st December 2008 3:16am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Christ man, I have never seen a fight scene so well written that was this long! I applaud you!

JBern replied:

Looks like I'm all caught up with you now.   Thank you for the compliments on my fight scene skills.~Jim

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Wednesday 19th November 2008 3:46pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

This: "Perseverance, you like that in your zombie hordes. Any zombie horde you get from here on out will be held to this standard!" Was arguably the best line in the whole story (to me at least).

It reminded me of last 4th of July when a friend of mine and I set about to the task of decimating his considerable legion of green army men with leftover fireworks...

After the carnage (the only appropriate word) was finished we'd sort out the survivors and any we found nearly intact (none were left whole after the unspeakable things we did to them) we declared a hero of the war and slated to recieve a medal... The rest we told to strive for that standard next year!

JBern replied:

Those poor green army guys!   Have you no shame!

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 5:09pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Haha, loved Snape's part in Harry's will. Classic. And I'm sure anybody reading it is wondering what the part about Lauren is referring to. ;) Nothing for Karina, though? Well, I suppose she also gets Golinard's in a way, but still, I was surprised.

The whole battle scene with the Daemon was awesome. Giant Jaguar vs. Hellspawn battle? That's some seriously epic stuff. I can just imagine all the rewards they'll reap just from that carcass alone... oh boy.

Love how the once fearsome Inferi have been reduced to nothing more than a pest. But I suppose after going up against Necro-dragons, weird vault monsters, Dark Lords, and Daemons, they are a little on the bland side. ;)

Great stuff. I look forward to reading the rest.

JBern replied:

A slinky, a slinky!   For fun it's a wonderful toy...

Karina is taken care of by the Colastos family, but Harry still felt an attachment for Chico - adorable little guy that he is.

As for the battle, it was the best   action scene I was capable of I hope it is something that you'll remember for a long time to come.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 10:26am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Very good chapter. Really good action.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Muad'Dib posted a comment on Saturday 22nd December 2007 12:18pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

That fight was Majestic! I get drawn into a story on occasion, but seldom do I find myself so fully immersed that life around me seems to come to a halt. Bleeding fantastic, that's what this is. Who cares about you continuously misspelling Kedavra into KedaRva, or 'to' instead of 'too'. Your storytelling ability renders any type of criticism moot.

Great job on your OC's. You gave them a personality and stuck to it. You describe situations so vividly that if Warner Bros ever come to their senses and make films out of fanfiction, I could build the sets for your story!

I'll move on to the epilogue and then the sequel before sleep grabs a hold of me. Let's hope I don't dream of scary Daemons tonight...

Cheers mate.

JBern replied:

Thank you very much for the compliments. Yeah those stinking misspellings always get me.   I also do your and you're all the time.

I hope you enjoy the sequel as much.   Next chapter of it will be up ia few days.~Jim

Casey299 posted a comment on Sunday 20th May 2007 12:19pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Awesome fight scene

JBern replied:

Thank you.~Jim

swordchucks posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 12:40am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Well, I'm a chapter behind, as always, but I want to let you know how utterly awesome the fight with the demon was. The rest of the chapter was... well, my opinion is colored by the fact that you're good at making the reader feel the same sort of sick anticipation as the characters. It made me queasy, which is probably a good thing.

Anyway, the fight scene is both the most original and awesome fight I can recall seeing in a Harry Potter fic. Great, stellar, superb job.

JBern replied:

That's okay.   I've been behind on my reviews and am finally catching up.   Glad you can truly appreciate the story and hope that raised the bar for your expectations of a final battle.~Jim

Prophet_ posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2007 4:22pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Wow.

Best. Fight. Scene. EVAR.

That is all.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Euphemism posted a comment on Sunday 29th April 2007 4:16pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Great chapter, though some parts of it could use a grammar check or two. The Will was interesting enough that I almost wanted to see the results and reactions if Harry did die. Especially of interest - Hermione explaining the 30 pieces of silver, and the Dursley reaction.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I have the betaed version and I'll post it at some point.   Right now I am trying to catch up from my vacation and reply to everyone's nice reviews.~Jim

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 28th April 2007 4:20am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Great chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Friday 27th April 2007 3:33pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

WoW dubble WoW. Ok this story is the best. Keep it up like to see more of harry and Lunna.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Karenelaine posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 4:01pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

I liked the story. Very good. Looking forward to the epilogue.

JBern replied:

Hopefully, the epilogue met your expectations.~Jim

Rick posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 3:27pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

BRAVO! Well Done. Love your Growth Potion Harry.Look out Voldie, Growth Potion is the power he knows not! Cant wait for next chapter.
Thanks,
Rick

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 5:40am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Awesome chapter man! That was an awesome fight and very very well done! Wow and by the end it was desperate and crazy. The prep and buildup. Nice work on all the "exchanges" and wow, harry and bill are gonna be nutso rich from killing the darn thing. Excellent work!

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Hope you liked the epilogue as well.~Jim

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 1:57am for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Great chapter. You really created a strong battle sequence that flowed well and really carried the reader on. I didn't expect Harry to end the battle in his growth enhanced Jaguar form. That made for a great finish.

So now it's time to loot, heal and get out of the city. I hope that the survivor's decide to return Thunderclouds body before getting in contact with Dumbledore and company. I think that Harry and Lauren would both benefit from being able to say goodbye to him together.

I'm looking forward to seeing you finish up this story and start "Turn Me Loose". I can't wait to see how much things get stirred up when Harry and Bill return to England. Thanks for a great story.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope it raises the bar for what you consider a great battle.   Sorry for the delay in responding, but I figured you'd rather have the epilogue first.~Jim

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Wednesday 25th April 2007 4:42pm for This Game that We Animals Play is a Winner

Man you kick some serious butt! You are awesome. Who needs Amazon when I've got quality and talent like you. Keep up the GREAT work - Erik

JBern replied:

Thanks. Now all I need is some original ideas and a deal...!Jim