Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

W Mayberry posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 12:53am

A very interesting and balanced story. I like how you showed Ron, warts and all but still managed to make him a fairly likeable character. Neither saint nor green-eyed monster but human.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 12:40am

This is well written for the parts I read, I am sorry but when I read a Harry fan fiction story I expect Harry to be the main character not Ron. If Harry don't seem that main character I get really fast

I am disappointed that Ron and Hermione are not together anymore, but I am more disappointed that they are no longer friends.

I surprise that Ron relationship with Padma could be saved, When she told him that she never want to see him again told me that it was over for good. Beside it seem to me that Padma career was the Important thing in her live, so losing a relationship don't compare to her career.

dexterz posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 12:31am

this is the first story that i've read till the finish which has Ron as the star.

bommor posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 12:08am

Haha, I enjoyed this story a lot. Normally Ron-centric stories don't tend to be very interesting to me, but Ri's curse was quite amusing. As always, well written, interesting plot. Can't wait for updates to your other stories.
- Bommor

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 12:07am

This was wonderful. Bit of a slow start, particularly because Ron is far from one of my favorite characters, but I was certainly rooting for the old bastard by the end. Especially enjoyed the little nuances you threw in to spice up the Quidditch. Very "you".

Looking forward to...everything, really. Oh, and I'll be purchasing your available works soon, now that I have a bit of money.

BrianHole posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 11:43pm

Excellent, excellent story. For Love of the Game is one of my favorite movies (well, the psychological and sports parts, anyways) and the way you captured an aging and battered Ron Weasley was completely believable. I love the "perfect game" angle as well. Masterfully done. The only nit I can pick is that the ending seems rushed, with everything happening that same night when it could easily be a few days later and the game Padma was listening to could be Ron's perfecto. Thanks for the great story!

DukeBrymin posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 11:26pm

I was highly impressed, very good story. First I was very happy that you have Harry and Ginny happy together in it (which is rare, coming from you, so thank you!). And secondly, I didn't hate Ron, even though he's such a colossal screw-up. He ended his string of bad decisions by making one very good one.
And I love that Harry is the Fixer for everything.

Thank you!

Jderig posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 11:19pm

Excellent, I really liked how you presented Ron, a character that doesn't get fleshed out enough in fanfic.

fallenhunter posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 11:10pm

Well, I am not a big Ron/Herm fan (nor a Harry/Ginny), but this story seemed to work, if you have to follow the Epilogue then this is a great way in my opinion to do it. Let them be split. Ron as a solo character is not bad, he has his moments. Ok, enough of my ramblings.

Great story, I would love to see others set in this frame work, Ron training under Harry to be an 'Ambassador' etc,

Stick97 posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:57pm

as always, phenomenal!

You are a rare author that can make a strongly disliked and flawed character, redeemable, and somewhat likable.

I like the idea of arithmancy being a part of Ron's thoughts, showing just how much of an impact she had on him.

Saint Hermione being the bitch is a nice change as well. She tends to get pass most of the time, and it's nice to see her portrayed in a realistic light.

Wouldn't mind seeing some backstory on Harry and the Deathstick. He seemed like the one who had matured the most.

Keep up the great work!

Mistress of Potions posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:53pm

WooHoo! I like seeing Ron as successful. He was a bit of a daft twit, but who doesn't screw up sometimes? And great Harry cameos. Thank you.

PamelaC posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:52pm

Wow. This is a beautiful piece of writing, an excellently constructed short story. And I enjoyed it. Thanks.

FireStorm posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:17pm

Excellent story as always.

metrobluejay posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:04pm

I like this Harry. He's Dumbledore in his prime, but more willing to do questionable things to get the job done (see him bullying the people in Asia and then cursing Ri).

Just a very good feel good story that I think would be very realistic if Hermione and Ron got together like Rowling said, and Ron got into a high profile job. I really don't think he'd be able to keep all that fame going to his head, and he'd enjoy all the trappings that came with the job.

Good story.

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:04pm

Wonderful fic! Ron felt older and mature but yet still Ron.

I'm not a big fan of teenage girls and unicorns, but since you are the author I'll get it as soon as it comes out at Smashwords. Wish someone would animate Confessions of D-List Villain.

Tentrees posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:00pm

About like I expected Canon Ron to end up. No way Hermione would have stayed with the arogant berk he was in school or on the Horcrux hunt. Hell I'd of shipped him back to Shell Cottage after the first month of eat and no work.

You can't afford dead weight when your running for your life and thats all Ron had ever been to Harry.

AutumnHeart posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:00pm

Nice work - it was great seeing Ron grow into maturity and the peak of his career, and I loved the little details you added in about the breakdown of the Statute of Secrecy and Harry's semi-official heroing. Congrats on your original going on sale, and thanks for posting this one up.

Clell65619 posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 10:00pm

- Oh my god. This is without a doubt the very best Ron story I have ever read.

- Thank you for this.

Full_Pensieve posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 9:52pm

A friggin' well-done fic, Jim. The professional experience is showing - you're able to get a reader engaged very, very quickly.

baumgal2 posted a comment on Friday 21st May 2010 9:51pm

This was so fun to read. I really liked how different it was, there aren't many stories (good or otherwise) about them all grown up.