Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

dougal74 posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 7:23pm for The Gift of Sight

A great start and up to your usual standards. I'm looking forward to his second year and I assume an interesting but funny relationship with Luna.

It's a shame your only doing a chapter per year, this could be a absolutely fantastic novel...especially the more it breaks away from canon.

JBern replied:

It could be a great novel, but it could also be a train wreck if I try to do too much.   Comedy takes practice.

Anyway, glad you liked it.   More coming after Lie.

Simon13 posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 6:32pm for The Gift of Sight

I laughed out loud many times. Woke up my roommate, too.

'Save the Unicorn' was great. Good job!

JBern replied:

Glad you got a chuckle out of it.   Sorry about the roommate.

Kelly Hilliard posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 5:04pm for The Gift of Sight

I really like the story. Its highly amusing. Thanks for letting me know about it. plz keep me updated with the new chapters. Thanks!

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   More installments after Lie concludes.

jilumasam posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 4:45pm for The Gift of Sight

I am most impressed with this chapter. I like the humour in it very much and I am looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Lizzy :)

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   More coming soon.

SailorAlgol posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 4:20pm for The Gift of Sight

This is certainly a new take on a "what if" scenario. I'm looking foreward to the next chapter.

As much as I want to say hurry up, I know and accept that genius can't be rushed.

Keep up the good work!

JBern replied:

Thanks for taking the time to review.   I do my best to keep putting out good stuff.

Andrew Cowling posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 1:46pm for The Gift of Sight

An engaging start. I can't help thinking that, thanks to Sybil's influence, the infamous blood wards are probably much stronger than in canon.

Also, if I remember Philosopher's Stone rightly, some of Harry's dreams did have a prophetic nature, so it is possible that Sybil has chosen rightly.

JBern replied:

Glad you see it as a "plausible" story.   Thanks for the review.

mnmbaby1 posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 1:30pm for The Gift of Sight

LOL! that was really good! please update soon!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   The rest comes after I conclude The Lie I've Lived.

Harley posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 12:57pm for The Gift of Sight

Oh that was good. If that is a preview I can't wait for a the full release.

JBern replied:

Hopefully it will impress you.   I look forward to your comments.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 9:35am for The Gift of Sight

I like the direction this story is leading us in. Humor is always a good thing and with so many of the HP stoies going the way of anger, hurt feelings and other teen ane concerns this is a wonderful way of looking at Harry. I eagerly await the next chapters. Carol Layland

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm stepping out of my usual pattern to work on my comedic chops.   We'll see how it turns out, but hopefully, it'll be a light hearted romp.

Robert Fletcher posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 8:31am for The Gift of Sight

Funny Chapter. Worth Reading

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope you got a good laugh out it.

Grozt posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 8:15am for The Gift of Sight

This is freaking GREAT....

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.

Amapapa posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 6:33am for The Gift of Sight

Harry as a seer is really something - and having Trelawny as the good "guy" is even better. I loved it :-)

And I look forward to reading the rest of The Lie I lived. I love that too - especially Hat. He's just The Coolest bastard ever....

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Lie chapter 22 is coming next week.

IceBlades posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 6:17am for The Gift of Sight

Looks great to me. I can't wait for you to finish Lie but I can be patient...

Happy Writing

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Happy reading to you.

Viridian posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 5:09am for The Gift of Sight

I definitely like the way you used Harry-as-straight-man here. It's funny, and you can definitely see Sibyll's influence on him. And for some reason the idea of Dumbledore bowling with Vernon cracked me up, even though it's canon that he plays and it's also a nice mundane activity to break the ice.

JBern replied:

The bowling scene was one of my favorites.   The idea of Dumbledore bowling with and losing to Vernon was rather amusing.   Glad you liked it.   More coming after Lie concludes.

Juno posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 4:41am for The Gift of Sight

I love it! It is cute, funny, and a refreshing twist on a HP theme. Thank you so much for writing it. I look forward to the rest when you post it.

JBern replied:

Thanks.

dragonofalagaesia posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 4:36am for The Gift of Sight

lol.
this is great!

"save the unicorn, save the world"? Been watching heroes?

keep up the good work!

JBern replied:

Haven't watched since the middle of the 2nd season, but that theme had to be used here.   More coming when Lie concludes.   Thanks for the review.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 4:31am for The Gift of Sight

That was great. I loved it. You did it well without being mocking. I'll love to read more.

Thank you for this story.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm trying to make myself a more well rounded author.   I don't think anyone will be confusing me with Nonjon or Rosarch Blot anytime soon, but it never hurts to step out of the usual types of stories I write and try a different direction.

stephanie posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 3:47am for The Gift of Sight

This is great can't wait to read more.

JBern replied:

Thanks!   More coming after I finish Lie.

Petunia Uphill posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 3:30am for The Gift of Sight

:D

This is fun! I have a soft spot for fics taking serious advantage of divination, and I don't think I've ever seen any as seriously humorous as this one before. I really like your humour - most take the humour to the extreme and I don't like that. Like watching one clown interacting with a bunch of normal persons is funier than watching ten clowns bumble in their own world, at least in the long run.

Er, yeah. Fun! Thanks! Looking forward to more!

JBern replied:

Hopefully, I can maintain that level of humor throughout - funny, but not forced.   You nice folks will tell me how well I pull it off.   Thanks for the review.

willyjoeshow posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 2:11am for The Gift of Sight

Different but good

JBern replied:

Thanks.   That's what I was aiming for.