Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Kathleen posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 1:35pm for The Gift of Sight

LOL. Awesome!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   I hope the rest of the story impresses you as well.

Everyoneknows posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 1:30pm for The Gift of Sight

A very amusing story. I'm looking forward to more, though not as much as I am to TLIL.

JBern replied:

Next weekend for chapter 22 of Lie.

mjc posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 1:23pm for The Gift of Sight

Poor Hermione...

She's probably going to want to do a header off the top of the Astronomy tower by the end of her second year once Luna and Harry start hanging out together (probably most of Ravenclaw will be joining her...)

I love how you handled Vernon's 'aversion' to all things magical...

Great start, "Lie" first, then the rest of TML and this interspersed? Or this before the rest of TML?

JBern replied:

Well it's okay if it helps Vernon pocket some coin.   I'm toying of a scene to start the 2nd year of Hermione riding in the same car as Luna and Harry.

Lie finishes first.   This one will be completed and released either on a weekly or biweekly basis while I put some serious effort into writing the conclusion that TML deserves.

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 1:17pm for The Gift of Sight

This was indeed funny. Good work

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad it gave you a chuckle.

Odelia Riddle posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 12:46pm for The Gift of Sight

Brilliant

JBern replied:

Hope the rest impresses you just as much.

E5150 posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 12:44pm for The Gift of Sight

Heh, this was lots of fun to read. Looking forward to more.

JBern replied:

More coming when I finish Lie.   I think you'll like what I have in mind.

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 12:37pm for The Gift of Sight

Like the new story. Somewhat original take on MInerva... Think I've seen it before, but not sure... Hope for a quick update!

JBern replied:

I'd be curious to know where you've seen something like this before.   Glad you liked it and I hope it continues to impress you.

Glrasshopper posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 12:35pm for The Gift of Sight

Can't wait for your next chapter. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to the inhabitants of Ravenclaw Tower when there are two "crazy" people there.

JBern replied:

Yeah, it should be a real "Looney Bin."   Sorry, couldn't help it.   More coming soon.

skulLXeon posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 11:56am for The Gift of Sight

Well, that just about had me laughing all day through work.... :) awesome start... i'll be on the lookout for this.... and of course, The Lie.... and TML.... =) see you around... and keep up the awesome work...

JBern replied:

Glad you had a smile on your face through the work day.   More after Lie concludes.

heathw posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 11:26am for The Gift of Sight

A truly original take on the Potter Saga. But, what else could we expect from your ever inceasing skill. Of course, not knoing what happens after the "rape" in TML is killing me! I expect this new project will be a tough one, but I know you will pull it off with exceptional style.

JBern replied:

I'll do my best.   This whole story is an exercise to see if I can really write humor.   As I said to another reviewer, I don't think people will be confusing me with Nonjon or Blot anytime soon, but I wanted to test my comedic chops out.

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 11:00am for The Gift of Sight

This was entertaining. I cant' wait to see some more of it.

I impatiently await some updates of the other stories as well. :)

Rob

JBern replied:

I'm working on it.   Lie 22 next weekend.   More on the way.

noylj posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:52am for The Gift of Sight

I would think that someone or something could warn harry about the mind-raping twins.
Nice story, but it is so hard to take Sybil seriously.

JBern replied:

Precisely why this is a humor fic.   Most of my stories have a dark edge to them.   This one is more meant to be a romp.

redwoodhouse posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:50am for The Gift of Sight

bravo, bravo on an interesting twist and unique story

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked it.   More of this to be posted after Lie concludes.

Joe Fenton posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:49am for The Gift of Sight

This is perhaps the most interesting take on someone else influencing Harry as he grows I've yet read. Normally it's all stories of Harry learning to fight and combat spells, so Harry shows up as some kind of "bad-ass". This Harry is rather refreshing - the way he won his "duel" with Draco was hilarious! :)

JBern replied:

I predict that I win therefore I win.   Simple, pure and beautiful.   Hopefully, I can keep the humor casual and not forced throughout.

KenF posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:47am for The Gift of Sight

This was fun. I hope you decide to finish it.

KenF

JBern replied:

I've got most of the 7 yrs laid out already.   This story is fairly 'easy' to write.   It'll will be released between the conclusion of Lie and the conclusion of TML and will give me the time to craft the ending of TML that it deserves.

peruvianprincess posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:30am for The Gift of Sight

This was hilarious! Thanks for another fun story. Looking forward to more.

JBern replied:

Thanks!

qwikshot posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:30am for The Gift of Sight

this was GREAT! i can hardly wait to read the rest of the chapters

thanx for sharing,

qwik

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.

harry93 posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:18am for The Gift of Sight

Hilarious, creative, and well written. Look forward to upcoming chapters!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   More after Lie concludes.

Brian64 posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 10:17am for The Gift of Sight

Hey Jim,

Haven't gotten around to reading the story yet, but did take a look at your home page to find the links to your eBook! (I rarely buy printed books now).

Anyhow.. you might want to check one of your ebook links on your site for smashwords. Your link should be http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1411 (not 1219 as that's the link to 'you don't know what...').

Umm, your site could also use a couple of meta tags (Eg, title..) :)

Cheers,

Brian

JBern replied:

Thanks for pointing it out to me.   I fixed it when I first saw your review.   Let me know what you thought of the Smashwords format.     I'm happier with the version I released in pdf through Paypal's service.

Don't hesitate to tell me if there's a problem.   As for the site, I'll be getting it reworked soon on a different host.

Regards,

Jim

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 9:48am for The Gift of Sight

If anyone could do it, it'd be you. I'm definitely amused, but the ultimate question is how Luna is going to react to being the second strangest Ravenclaw.

Looking forward to more.

JBern replied:

We shall see after I finish The Lie I've Lived.   Thanks for the reveiw.