Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Monday 8th October 2012 11:15pm for Censure and Sensibility

Duh...someone put his name in the cup, someone is lying to him.

1+1=2. Can't the snotrag add?

lorddwar posted a comment on Thursday 25th June 2009 10:54pm for Censure and Sensibility

The hat continues to crack me up.

Enjoyable story.

fyrecat posted a comment on Thursday 20th November 2008 5:30pm for Censure and Sensibility

Hmmm... If the rest of your writing is as good as this then I might just have to check out some of those other stories!

JBern replied:

I hope you do.~Jim

m4rk6 posted a comment on Sunday 24th August 2008 7:05am for Censure and Sensibility

I tried to really like this fic. It's very well written with clearly defined characters. I just can't stand any fics where the golden trio is torn apart.

I never knew James Potter was a Slytherin. Actions speak louder than words, right?

JBern replied:

Sorry you feel that way.   Thanks for taking the time to review.~Jim

DarkHeart posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 7:50am for Censure and Sensibility

good impersonation of Rita, i almost thought you were related to her

JBern replied:

If you've read my other story, you'll see an even better version of Rita.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Tuesday 8th July 2008 7:01am for Censure and Sensibility

Shit, you foreshadowed dementors too. Multiple times. Nice.

Skeeter calling Ginny Virginia in that article is still great.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Sorry for the long delay in my reply.   Real life - what can you do?

Chapter 15 now up.~Jim

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 6:22pm for Censure and Sensibility

Another fine chapter. I'm as curious as to where Moody got his information about the map as Harry is. Hope you explain it some time. You do do a great Skeeter. She's as obnoxious as always. Keep up the great work. You've got me guessing on a few things and I'm looking forward to how things pan out.

JBern replied:

Of course Barty got it from Peter.   Barty couldn't approach HJ about it until he had a plausible reason.   Until then Barty kept his father around the castle alot and Moody out of the trunk quite a bit as well stunned, tied up, or under the Imperius.~Jim

Meghan posted a comment on Saturday 5th January 2008 8:17am for Censure and Sensibility

Delicious as always. :D I've been rereading. It's such a pleasure.

JBern replied:

My writing is tasty?   Wonder how many calories per serving?   :P

Jim

TheHard posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 7:20pm for Censure and Sensibility

Hi again... nice chapter, the part with Rita Skeeter and the hat was fun! and about the joke, how it ends is what i'm wondering now ;)

Nice chapter, i'm going for the next... and, "Her name isn't Virginia" :P

JBern replied:

Glad you liked Rita.   I do enjoy writing "as" her.   She's just so vicious.   Hope you like chapter 9.~Jim

Lang posted a comment on Saturday 29th December 2007 5:21pm for Censure and Sensibility

Great chapter. This censure bit has me enamored with the storyline even more.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

I see from previous reviews you said that your next chapter should come before New Year's (life threatening basilisks not pertaining) and I can't wait.

Both The Lie I've Lived and Bungle In The Jungle feature a Harry no one wants to f-- mess with. I'm loving them so much. I can't imagine what kind of grief you go through with the different perspectives.

That being said I hope there tons of sequels to both of them *grin* (enough that I don't have to find another FF author to harass)

JBern replied:

Right now, I've only gotten the chapter outline done and the first scene drafted.   TML chapter 4 ran over and that plus a busy holiday season means that the odds of a new chapter in the next two days is unlikely, but probably by next weekend.  

Thanks for the compliments and you'll get to see Sirius in this coming chapter.~Jim

Lang posted a comment on Saturday 29th December 2007 5:07pm for Censure and Sensibility

Great chapter. This censure bit has me enamored with the storyline even more.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

bauer posted a comment on Saturday 22nd December 2007 12:49am for Censure and Sensibility

If you haven't thought of it yet, please consider producing and marketing a talking Hat. It may be late for the Holidays, but who wouldn't want a Hat for their desk that spews one of your colorful and inventive insults at the touch of a button? Market it as fun and educational. Cheers on another entertaining tale.

JBern replied:

If I had a marketing department and rights to the Sorting Hat, it would be monumental wouldn't it?   Thanks for making me laugh.   Next chapter coming in about a week.~Jim

The Crow posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 10:37pm for Censure and Sensibility

Great story so far - strong plot(no idea where you are taking us but I'm hooked) and a hell of a lot of laughs along the way.
HJ is unique, is Harry becoming James? half/half, just grabbing his memories?

I think I know, but don't know. If that makes sense. Great character development anyway - no overnight powers, memories etc basically shortcuts to a persons ideal indie Harry.
You've seemed to mix them together believeably.

It's weird seeing it through HJ's eyes but also through the others - you can see his moitvations but he does come off as compltetely arrogant. I was wondering why he couldn't let the age thing drop and why was he totally committed but then rationilised the strong James-ness as a major factor as well as the problems of juggling a 15 year old girl.

Your James reminds me of nonjons James in A black comedy and rather jaded. So my hats off to you as far as characterisation goes.

Story, well its easy to get lost in your fics, seems like this is GOF times ten for Harry with every man and his dog coming down on Harry. Good to see the gryffindors got their spankin from Harry.

I can proudly say I got the Viginia part, I forget there's an author pulling the strings and just want to throttle a characters neck.

Enjoying it, my favourite so far of your fics.
I think your in you element now, that or the AFC are doing a great job.

Keep up the great work!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the long review.   The fact that you spent so much time on a review means I am doing my job drawing you into the story.   Chapter 4 of TML is about to come out.   It delayed chapter 9 of this one, but I'll have it done soon.~Jim

inDe_eD posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 9:37am for Censure and Sensibility

I admit the 'Virginia' thing made me twinge a bit when I read it, then I found in your A/N you did it on purpose, and for a good reason too. Bloody bastard.

The hat always did strike me as a surly bastard in the movies, and being locked up in a room for ages with nobody but moldy old fogeys for company can't be too pleasant for one's personality. Brilliant characterization and dialogue.

The slow (nonexistant actually) H/Fl romance is good. I mean.. if I want to read a fic where Harry jumps into bed right away with (insert hot female here) I certainly don't have to look too hard. Seperates your work from those of lesser quality, I think.

I did find it a little weird George (or was it Fred, I forget) neglected to charm the bottle so that it wouldn't point at Ginny. Given how overbearingly protective they are, one of the redheaded legion probably would have done it. Of course, Ginny could have hexed it herself so that it did point at Harry... ehhh, overanalyzing this too much I think, just something stupidly insignificant that had to be said.

I think I like this fic the best out of your other works. Darkness and Bungle are gems, to be sure, but this grabs my attention in a way the other two didn't. Best of luck with your original pieces, editors are the harshest critics in the world no matter what silly proverbs may say.

JBern replied:

Fred and George wanted to give Ginny a chance to snog Harry.   Angie and Alicia insisted that Katie get her chance first.

I had fun writing as Rita.   I'm glad you like the hostility resonating from HJ and Fleur.

Thank you for the vote of confidence on the original stuff.   I'm about 1/2 way through the orginal novel I am coauthoringnd things are going well.~Jim

o.T posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 6:46am for Censure and Sensibility

Absolutely LOVE this story atm. This is the only reason I'm slowly creeping back into HP fandom from my year away. It's fun but also so very good in it's delivery. I can't wait for the next update. Is it too much to hope for one for xmas?

JBern replied:

Originally, I had hoped to get one out, but chapter 4 of Turn Me Loose dragged on and over.   I'll have chapter 9 of this one out before New Years.~Jim

MrPowell posted a comment on Saturday 15th December 2007 12:19pm for Censure and Sensibility

Great story... Looking forward to the tasks

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 9 is coming before New Years.~Jim

drewz05 posted a comment on Saturday 15th December 2007 3:43am for Censure and Sensibility

Love this story and can't wait for the next update. Keep up the great work!

JBern replied:

Next update before New Years.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

Mrs.TiffanyPotter posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 7:39am for Censure and Sensibility

Wonderful. I wanted to reach throught he screen and strangle the Gryffs. I really hope they get what's comming to them. Something along the lines of everyone who signed the scroll loosing every privelige they have for the rest of the year, and loosing all of the housepoints each individual has earned the hosue. And each one of them must personally apologise to Harry. The youngers who didn't sign shouldn't be punished so let their points stand. It would cripple any hopes of Gryffindor inning the house cup but the seriousness of thier crimes calls for serious consequences.

JBern replied:

Glad you got so worked up.   Means I must be doing my job.   Next chapter coming before New Years.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 10th December 2007 6:03pm for Censure and Sensibility

Good chapter.

I love the Hat as adviser. :-) It's the only adviser, presumably, that has no other duties to worry about and can be 'advising' 24/7. Hat-o-plenty. Let the vulgarity commence!

Nice to hear the Sarah Underhill explanation. But Harry's tipped his hand a bit to DD now...

You know, you've really set Harry/Fleur as an uphill battle here. She's not even appealing to him so far, and he's even thinking about teachers!

Early suspicion of Moody--always a good thing.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

JBern replied:

Glad you approve.   Next chapter coming before New Years.   TML 4 ate up too much space, but there was a lot to get done in that chapter.   Sirius finally shows in chapter 9.   Lots to do here as well.   Thanks again.~Jim

hahaheeheehaha posted a comment on Monday 10th December 2007 8:44am for Censure and Sensibility

ooh mystery about moody...

this chapter sucked me into the storyline for the first time, and i loved it. ive been laughing out loud (and getting some very weird looks for it)

write more soon!

JBern replied:

New chapter before New Years.   Sorry about the strange looks.   Better luck next time.~Jim