Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 9th October 2012 3:34am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Will bumbles actually permit any harm to come to a "bad boy?" He seems to believe that they will repent, without any punishment, simply be seeing how kind the "light" is.

Ignorant, delusional, pompous, scrotum puss...I mean, honored headmaster.

If Harry had the time and the brains, he should simply wipe out the Malfoy family at the earliest opportunity.

I have no idea why he wants to win this piss-ant "competition" when there are more important things to do---and then he can't even consider how to protect himself from others cheating.

Good to see McG still has a stick up her ass and little real care for the students and their protection--hate to see her go all OOC.

Daily Prophet Reporting posted a comment on Monday 19th April 2010 5:26am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Jim,

I just wanted to share my thanks for all your hard work on this. I've been around the fandom for a while and it's been a very long time since I've found myself this drawn in by a fic.

I think I'm most impressed with the way you use your characters. That starts with an extremely cleaver premise, of course, but by blending Harry's and James' personalities, you come up with a way to stay mostly true to canon characterizations for everyone else and apply just enough subtle pressure to produce a set of results all your own despite the familiar framework. Harry playing the press enough to impress even Rita? Harry and the twins being fierce rivals? For you, it definitely works.

I also greatly appreciate that all your characters have glaring flaws and weaknesses, and that you readily illustrate them. That provides a dose of reality I often find sorely missing in fic.

The end result, I think, is a very nice blend between the grandiose stories with larger-than-life -- almost fairytale-like -- characters often found on this site and the strictly canon-thumping stories one might find elsewhere. It's fun and fanciful without breaking too severely with JKR's world, and I'd say that's a very commendable achievement.

I'm also an avid sports fan, and I really like the way you've expanded the tournament to build the excitement. Your choices for events so far have been impeccable -- hinting at the competitors' strengths and weaknesses, building up rivalries and friendships, and even providing some insight into wizarding culture (I love that every event is sponsored). Of course, the success of all of that is down to your ability to convey the action compellingly and believably. And I, for one, have really enjoyed it to this point.

And, of course, I would be remiss if I didn't say something about the Sort Hat. That's got to be one of the most unique characters I've seen in a fic -- but also as funny as any. Well done!

So anyway, thanks again for all the hard work. I look forward to seeing where the rest of this goes!

-KC

vandallas posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 8:28am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

great chapter jbern, keep up the good work

JBern replied:

Thank you.   Hope you keep enjoying the now completed story.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd February 2009 9:40am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

I like that Bill was helping the twins get through Harry's wards to get him. These are traditional Weasleys who stick together against Harry. Its odd to switch between this and the TML world where Bill is on his side.

Like the duel with Athena that is really good, as usual you skill at depicting action scenes is exemplary. I also like his comment; "People want their legend; I'll give them their bloody legend!".

Liked the use of the house mascots in his duel with Krum.

Thanks for writing.

Monkey

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Allisan posted a comment on Tuesday 16th December 2008 3:27pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

if you don't write professionally, you should. i have rarely read such engaging characters in purchased fiction. you have a way with dialoge--i have laughed out loud several times while reading this story. if you go pro, i hope you tell your fans your publishing name.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment Allisan.   I'm releasing a collection called Horror, Humor, and Heroes under my real name of Jim Bernheimer in less than 2 weeks.   More information can be found at www.jimbernheimer.com.

It will be hard to get me to stop plugging my book...

Regards,

Jim

fyrecat posted a comment on Sunday 23rd November 2008 3:54pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Excellent as usual. I am really enjoying the creativity of the duels. Well done. I also like the character development with the french girls, Ginny and others. Impressive!

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

tempeleng posted a comment on Wednesday 25th June 2008 6:32pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

I was rereading this story for the 3rd time - Yeah, I just love to torment myself reading cliffhangers - and thought if I were Harry, and managed to switch arms with Krumm in a duel I'd just grab his balls, squeeze and yell "Surrender NOW bitch! Or I'll make you one!!"

JBern replied:

Glad the story stands the test of rereading.   Hope the resolution of 14 is to your satisfaction.~Jim

Luan Mao posted a comment on Thursday 12th June 2008 8:12am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Ref your reply to my April 19 comment:

As I see it, you owe us nothing, not a reply and certainly not an apology for a delayed reply. You're putting a lot of work into writing novels for our entertainment, asking nothing but the occasional review or praise. So:

Thank you very much. I'm enjoying The Lie I've Lived greatly. I check your site only when I've got some time in the evening, because I know that when a new chapter comes out I won't do anything else until I've read it twice through.

JBern replied:

Still, I take pride in answering my reviews in a timely method.   I hope to be a very approachable author in the sense that if you take the time to review, I will do my best to reply.   Shamelessly, I intend to cultivate a fanbase that carries over to when I am writing original fiction.   One way to do that is by replying to reviews and letting the readers know that I do appreciate their kind (except for this chapter - I'm getting roasted here but in a good way) words.   :-)

Thanks for this review and the next chapter of TML should be out in roughly 10 days and Lie 14 by the end of the month.~Jim

Troy. posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 10:27pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

how long till another update on "Lie"?

JBern replied:

Just posted.~Jim

ILikeToRead posted a comment on Friday 6th June 2008 2:30pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

What a great story. Nice to see the combo of Harry and James and the difference that the two combined make. I look forward to your updates and and thanks for sharing.

JBern replied:

Chapter 13 is now up.   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

prongs307 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 7:57pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

hey was just wondering if u were still coming back to repost another chapter? i really like this story. it has everything in it! and how couldnt like a a story with the hat acting like he is? lol. well have a nice week and all that.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter is now up.~Jim

sleep when your dead posted a comment on Sunday 25th May 2008 12:35pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

good story so far when is the pairing of harry and fleur going to start and when is the next chapter up

david

JBern replied:

It may be a few chapters before we really see the pairing start to evolve.   I like slow and believable build ups.   Next chapter is posted.~Jim

daemon452 posted a comment on Friday 23rd May 2008 12:44pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

I love this story. keep up the great work. when i started it i thought it was just going to be an asshole harry potter. the only thing im waiting on is the fleur side to take shape. i really like the pairing and how you are having it come into being, im just not a patient person. again awesome story.

JBern replied:

Good things come to those who wait.~Jim

Nari posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 2:17pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Well, this would be utterly brilliant. The perspective makes an interesting read, and is exceedingly well written. I believe I read the first few chapters on another site a while ago, and your development is halarious. While Harry's change may be a little fast for the hardcore broken hero fans, with your plot, it fits perfectly, creating an entertaining and enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
-Nari

JBern replied:

Thank you very much for the compliments.   I am catching up to my reviews that I haven't responded to since I just posted chapter 13.   I hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Jim

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 8:21am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

I have to say that I enjoyed it! When I first read the name Sarah Underhill, I thought it sounded familiar! When I read your AN, I remembered where I read it; Altered Destinies. You have no idea how I was hoping for Mark of the Cur for Malfoy. I can't wait to see how Severus reacts to seeing those buttons! I'll be here whenever the next update is!

SB!

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoy both my stories and DobbyElflords's works as well.   Chapter 13 of Lie is now up for your reading enjoyment.~Jim

arnold bouret posted a comment on Saturday 26th April 2008 1:51pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

com on man update already i tought you had a pattern of updating 2 each month

JBern replied:

Chapter 13 is now up.   Thanks for reviewing.~Jim

Ltank687 posted a comment on Thursday 24th April 2008 6:57pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

love it, please update! good look on your book!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   We're between 1st and 2nd edits on the original novel right now.   Meanwhile, enjoy chapter 13 of Lie.~Jim

Aadarshinah posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd April 2008 12:54pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Please, more! It's so refreshing to read fan fiction without all the usual tricks.

JBern replied:

More has just been posted.   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

sith2886 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 3:23pm for What's the Price of Your Fame?

Great chapter as usual Jbern.

i have a question for you. you use Penelope allot and was wondering if you will ever write a story with her and Harry as a pairing? i think you'd be the first

JBern replied:

I could probably do a Harry/Penelope somewhere down the line, but right now there's too much else to be done.   Chapter 13 now up.   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

dexterz posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 3:50am for What's the Price of Your Fame?

when is the update? waiting a longggggggggg time for it....please update soon....

JBern replied:

Chapter 13 is now up for your reading enjoyment.   Thanks for reviewing.~Jim