Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Aurilia posted a comment on Friday 24th July 2009 6:05pm for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I refuse to feel bad for Pansy. Neville's only using her to do dirty work she would eventually have gotten around to doing herself anyway (even if maybe not on the exact same folks). I am a bit anxious about Neville's eventual trouble when all his doings finally come to light - it's not like he's working with anyone (other than the vampire) on this.

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:16pm for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

*raises hand* I'm feeling bad for her. :( Neville's become completely warped. I like it.

JBern replied:

Well Pansy comes out on top of her corner of the dungheap, but that's another story.~Jim

KingsleyforPM posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 7:42am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

not me screw pansy

JBern replied:

Technically Neville did, but she gets him back.~Jim

TA posted a comment on Wednesday 20th June 2007 6:44am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Ummm...? Is this story really finished? Besides the fact that it cuts of too quick, there are a lot of grammatical mistakes. It's great besides those things.

JBern replied:

No.   It will be finished by about chapter 40.   With well over 250000 words in 18 months I don't doubt that there are plenty of things to fix, but I do my best.~Jim

Wolfric posted a comment on Monday 18th June 2007 4:46pm for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I'm not feeling sorry for Pansy. I'm feeling sorry for Susan. I'm wondering if Harry will kill Dumbledore for having people spying on him. I'm wondering what will have to be done to save Harry from the latest mental assault. I thought Nevile mudering people, by proxie, with mandrakes was a nice touch. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

Hmmm.   Sorry for the delay in response.   I obviously missed a few older reviews.   Glad you enjoy the story and now with chapter 35 up you should have a couple of answers (and probably a few more questions).~Jim

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 12th June 2007 6:58am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Oh My God! Neville is a monster. Most people are obsessed with making Harry Dark, but you seem to be making Neville a little too hardcore for his own good! You have taken out the entirety of the fourth year Slyterins. Just nuts!

Neville is directly attributable to more murders at Hogwarts than Tom Riddle ever did when he was there!

Thanks for writing
Monkey

JBern replied:

I'm about to start chapter 35 today.   How long will Neville be able to keep this up?

Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Tuesday 5th June 2007 9:15pm for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Great chapter, lots of content. Going to be some consequences for that last sentence I suspect...

JBern replied:

Well since chapter 35 is now up, you can see the consequences for yourself.   Sorry for the delay in my response.~Jim

Crys posted a comment on Monday 4th June 2007 4:14am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

> "In the recent weeks, I have sought to rectify that. I have included you in the Order meetings and given you the run of the castle.
Good for you, AD. So that means that Harry can abuse you for the next fifteen years and THEN you two can call it even.

*sigh* I get the point, but Harry has a long, LONG history of being neglected and ignored by AD. What gives him the freakin' right to say, "you must work with me now"?

> We will talk again tomorrow. For now, go and rest."
*salute* Yes, mon capitan. I live to follow your every order. </sarcasm>

> Albus regretted that this was necessary, but trust would only go so far in times of war.
Oh, that will make Harry so very happy when he learns about it. Idiot. Don't you understand how badly you're damaging your relationship with him by doing all this shit?

> He’d miss his chair, though. It was quite comfortable and the charms work on it had been precise.
*laugh* It's always the little things, ain't it?

> ... Or would you rather be known as a legend in your own right — a testimony of a wizard that not only survives adversity, but thrives in it! Do you insist on being known Wormtail, a betrayer of his ‘so-called’ friends? Or shall you become Silverclaw, a wizard who seized opportunity when it presented itself?"
If he weren't the boss, that would almost sound like sucking up. Hell of a motivational speech, though.

Hmm. Narcissa can't stand the phoenix song? That does say something about her, doesn't it?

And here I thought you were smarter than that, Draco. Disavowing your mother. Listen to her for a minute, you idiot.

> "I swear Lily, that if he didn’t look like me, I’d swear you’d slept with Snape. The future of the great and noble Potter line rests in his hands? It’s disgusting."
Yeouch.

> "Draco, he gave me a necklace and it …"
Clever. Good try, that.

> "Shaking him — do you think that he is processing this as part of his dream?"
Nice to know they can use their brains. Wonder how long it'll take to realize exactly what LV did. AD shouldn't take long to track LV to Voodoo-land (used muggle transport, so that shouldn't be too tough for him to track). Once zeroed in on Voodoo plus these other clues (missing bodies, parents attacking him in sleep, shared blood), I can't imagine it'll take them long to piece it together.

> Ginny remembered just where she had seen that particular necklace before.
Uh, oh . . . Wow, now THAT is a way to add tension. Ginny knows someone is controlling Pansy. Last she heard, the necklace was in Harry's quarters. So will she go to Nev or one of the profs to report it? Add to this her infatuation with Nev and past crush on Harry. Ooh, this is complex.

Very complex chapter. Looking forward to more.

JBern replied:

I'm really surprised that I missed responding to this review.   Thanks as always.

Why can't Voldy have an appreciation for a comfy chair?   I'd hate to sit around and scheme in an uncomfy chair.   Maybe that's why so many other author's versions of Voldemort fail so pathetically - he's sitting on some stone throne thing and not in a comfy chair?

Thanks again,

Jim

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 12:00pm for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

OUTSTANDING CHAPTER!!!! I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter. I love how you had Ginny figure out where she had seen the necklace before. I wonder whats Ginny will do with the information about the necklace? I loved the mass death of the Slytherin 4th Years, that by far was my favorite part of this chapter. I can't wait to see how they figure out exactly what is plaguing Harry and how they're planning to fix it. DO keep up the outstanding work and update soon please:):):):)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Sorry for the long delay in the reply.   You should now have your answer to what Ginny will do...

Chapter 36 in 2 weeks.~Jim

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 10:28am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

actually - I am, however despicable, if she was not previously guilty of voluntary assault and murder this has to get to you.

great chapter, interesting way to give Neville an education on things.

thanks for sharing

JBern replied:

Sorry for the month delay.   I missed quite a few reviews much to my chagrin.   I thought I was caught up.   Now with chapter 35 up you should have a few more pieces to the puzzle.   I hope you continue to enjoy.~Jim

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 5:40am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I personally feel very bad for pansy. She has been a horrid child... but that is all she has been. To torture her and force her to commit cold blooded murder on other children just because they are expected to one day become the enemy.... that is just as evil as what the dark lord is doing.

Neville needs to be stopped, the question is, can he be saved? He has been corrupted by his uncle... whom he met do to Harry. I think that an intervention is needed... the necklace needs to be removed, and then Neville needs to totally obliviate Pansy, in order to protect himself... or he needs to be arrested... but that would hurt the 'light' side of the war effort... course, it may sway some of the more neutral people, after all it would show that they 'light' side truly stood behind their beliefs. it is one thing to kill an enemy in a war... it is another thing entirely to murder children who may one day become enemies.

I eagerly look forward to how the voodoo will be countered, and how surviving this latest attack will make Harry even stronger. Hrry and post more soon.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the long review.   I hope you accept my apology for the delay in my reply.   I had thought I was current with my replies, but I missed a decent chunk of reviews.

With Chapter 35 up, you should have many of your answers as to what will happen next.   You may even have new questions, which is always good.

Chapter 36 in 2 weeks.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 9:04am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

The only person in this story I've felt sorry for so far is Luna. She really gets a raw deal. Everyone else is such a bastard, and so many awful things happen, that it's hard to feel bad for other characters.

Don't get me wrong though. It's an excellent story and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   I look back at movies like Saving Private Ryan and from the looks of things in the middle of a war - everyone's a bastard.~Jim

Kinsfire posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 6:53am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I find that I am looking forward to Neville getting a very slow and painful death. He's become the next Dark Lord that some poor ass is going to have to take down, and he deserves to die.

And his Uncle needs to be staked out, covered with sunscreen at the highest SPF available, to wait for the sunrise.

Actually, given how you've written his Uncle, I wonder when we'll discover that he's been working for Tom all this time.

JBern replied:

It's a nice compliment when I've made you look forward to Neville's death.   Thanks.~Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 5:04am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Nope, not feeling one erg of sympathy toward her.

Am definitely wondering how you'll pull all this together in just six more chapters, though! John assures me you have A Plan, though natch I didn't ask what said Plan was (not that he'd tell me anyway).

Cheers, and looking forward to seeing how you pull it off!

JBern replied:

There's a plan.   It's not as good as my plan to win the lottery and retire, but there is a plan.   Hope you enjoy what is to come.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 2:51am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

"...We will talk again tomorrow. For now, go and rest."

Gee, let's take the young man I'm trying to establish rapport with and dismiss him like an underling. Well done, Dumbles! Obviously, when DD speaks of trust, he means everyone should trust him.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

JBern replied:

I think a good portion of DD's problem is that he isn't used to dealing with people as equals.   Throw in all the eccentric BS and he as social issues.   Thanks for reviewing.~Jim

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 2:28am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

What will Ginny do now that she knows. I hope that Lily and James dead bodies turn on Voldy because he has Harrys blood running through him.

thanks for writing
MPF

JBern replied:

Good question.   Too bad you have to wait for the answer.   How's Harry's ability to Adapt and Overcome?~Jim

uthamm posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 1:45am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Wow. And you can pull Harry out of this in six chapters??!? Harry hating the Phoenix, the Abbots as users, Susan acting weak, Neville as . . . what exactly is Neville (other than insane)? Voodoo mom & dad, Ouch! Hopefully, Ginny can get Harry to intervene in the Neville situation and get the ship righted. Doesn't look good for the light . . then again, they aren't looking too light these days. What is that quote . . 'if you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you!' Definitly working on prolonged eye contact here!

JBern replied:

That's my plan.   I already have part 2 of the epilogue written.   I need to sit down and write part 1.

4 out of the 5 voices in Neville's head say he's on the right track.   The 5th wants more blood! ~Jim

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 1:01am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

Go Neville! Great plan. Hope Ginny gets onboard or at least keeps quiet. 7th years next? Perhaps Harry will drop a mandrake next time instead of bombs.

Nice job with Pansy. I don`t feel sorry for her but I admire her attempts to get out and not give into despair.

Hope Draco finds out he is going to be a big brother soon.

More Narcissa please.

JBern replied:

I suppose I have to have a Narcissa vs Molly throwdown at some point.   I know, there's a spot in next chapter that's perfect for it....

Jim

Tommy posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 12:45am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I'm certainly one of those feeling bad for Pansy... but then, I've always been one that disagree with any forms of vengeance.

Anyway, please update soon! Your story rocks.. but you already knew that.

May The Words Be With You!

Tommy A. L.
aka
Fanfix

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you are enjoying it despite all the violence.~Jim

Quizer posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 12:24am for It's Like Mick Jagger Says ... I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I'm not feeling terribly bad for Pansy, but I am worrying about Neville. He seems to have lost sight of where the lines are that should not be crossed. I wonder how much of what he is doing would still be supported and encouraged by Coedus. I like stories that have the 'light' side not flinching back from using methods that are considered 'dark' by many, but I believe a sort of balance is still needed. The way you have Neville act is refreshing in a way, but I'm sure this won't end well for him. Not well at all.


Quizer

JBern replied:

Lines?   What lines?   Lines are artificial barriers that one imposes on oneself.   I see no lines!   Oh wait sorry, I was channeling some Neville there for a moment.

Thanks as always for the reviews.   There is a need for balance, but when there is no balance things have a tendency to spin out of control.   That's what I'm aiming for.~Jim