Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica
  • Previous
  • Next

Bungle in the Jungle

Author Notes:

Disclaimer — You’re still Harry Potter.   You’re still owned by JKR and her ilk.   The only thing you’re happy about is that you have more spine than that twerp in book 7.   At least you’re finally going to get some answers.

 

 

 

Acknowledgements — This wouldn’t have been possible without the members of Alpha Fight Club and their assistance.   Thanks to Zanymuggle for the editing work and thank you the readers for continuing to follow the story.   I could go on, but you folks probably want some answers just as badly as Harry does.

 

 

 

Chapter 2 — I was born to dream

Sunday, October 13, 1996

You are ready to make a grand entrance. After a refreshing nap, that just happened to last eighteen hours, you’re standing in front of the entrance to the Great Hall of Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. The school used to mean so much to you, but recent events have caused it to lose some of its luster. In your mind, it’s simply "the old man’s lair" now, Dumbledore’s seat of power.   Both Kwan and Hack are at your side with Bill resting comfortably in a private suite under the tender loving care of a certain French witch. He will be out of action for least two more days.   Probably more when Fleur gets him where she wants him…

"Well come on guys, let’s get this over with before the nurse realizes that I’m not in the infirmary." You laugh as you adjust your robes. They are gaudier than you would prefer, but an ambassador from Brazil needs to look the part. On the other side of that door are various people who you used to call your friends. For the most part, that’s just not the case any more. Right now, Dumbledore is on the other side reassuring everyone that everything is under control. After all, there’s no reason for alarm unless you happen to be Katie Bell. She’s resting and recovering from her injuries. It’s probably the one thing you are truly glad about at the moment.

The best part of all this is that Dumbledore isn’t expecting you to walk through that door for another day or so.   One of the nifty things about the Jaguar totem hanging around your neck is that meditation allows you to store magical energy inside of it. Lone Thundercloud taught you how to withdraw the power contained inside of it to help rejuvenate you. It’s the reason you’re on your feet right now.

Only during school assemblies do the doors get shut. As a result, they make a good deal of noise when you push them open. This naturally draws everyone’s attention to the back of the room. For a brief moment you consider repeating Professor Quirrell’s warning from your first year about a troll being loose in the castle and then pointing at Hack.

"Oh I’m sorry. Am I interrupting something?" You cross your arms looking at the ancient wizard standing at the podium. "Have you got to the part where you are going to tell them that I haven’t been here all year? My apologies to you all for the subterfuge, but my training took longer than expected."

"No, I’m afraid I had not quite gotten that far, Harry, but I see some explanations are in order to the majority of our student body. The man you see before you is indeed your former classmate and now the junior ambassador from the wizarding nation of Brazil. Harry left us this summer to train in seclusion in South America and we are ever so grateful to welcome him back."   There were several surprised looks, reminding you that the students are mostly idiots and even a few "I knew its" with the loudest one coming from Draco Malfoy.   Congratulations!   Someone give him an effing biscuit!   Your eyes lock with his and you shake your head at your one time nemesis.   How in the world did you ever take that little twit seriously?   Next time he crosses you, you’re going to give it to him so badly that even Kwan will be impressed.

While Dumbledore shovels out another load of fertilizer for the room full of mushrooms gobbling it up, you scan for faces in the crowd. You spy your old best mate Ron Weasley. The idiot actually looks happy to see you. It’s probably because he knows you have to fight Voldemort. He looks a bit taller and his hair is a bit longer.

Seated a few people down from him is none other than your sort of ex-girlfriend Ginny Weasley. Your eyes bore into her and she refuses to meet your stare. The main reason you’re looking at her is to make sure that there’s no lasting effects from the love potions that you were doused with. No, there are no urges to leap over the table and take her in your arms. Well that isn’t exactly true, you would mind taking her in your arms and wringing her scrawny little neck! Neville Longbottom is sitting awfully close to her and you notice that his hand is covering hers.   Luna had written that Ginny was dating Dean.   Looks like that didn’t last, don’t worry Thomas, you’re probably better off.

It makes you wonder if Ginny couldn’t have you, then she went for "the next best thing."   He’s a decent enough bloke and he fought by your side and it’s doubtful that he was part of the plot. Unlike others he hasn’t screwed you over, yet. A bit further down the table, sporting the head girl badge is Hermione Granger. The reports you heard were correct; she looks more like a third or fourth year than a sixth year. Never really a very large girl, she’d lost quite a bit of weight and her face is much thinner than you recall. She meets your gaze and appears to be trying to figure out what to say. It would be rather amusing to listen in on her and her thoughts right now. That would be a positively fascinating bit of dialogue to hear!

Over at the Ravenclaw’s table, you first see Cho Chang. She is every bit as pretty as you remember and oddly, if rumors are to be believed, you, or more importantly someone who looks like you is dating her — Charlie, you dirty little dog, following in your older brother’s "barely legal is still legal" ways. Of course, there is a great difference between being intelligent and being able to use that intelligence for something. The poor girl is still doing double takes. Whatever the two of you had and you’re not all that sure it was even that good, it was in another lifetime for you and it’s over.

Finally, you spot someone you’ve really been looking forward to seeing. Oddly, Luna looks a bit younger than the images your mind created of the girl on the other end of your written correspondence. Then again, you are probably unconsciously comparing her to Karina, Amy, and Lauren. Only Amy was barely still in her teens and quite arguably she was the naughtiest of the three girls — no make that women — that you shared a bed with during your adventures. Where you gave Neville a nod, you give the petite little Ravenclaw with the large blue eyes a slight smile. For her part, she gives you a blush and quickly averts her eyes.   You can’t wait to finally get her alone, so the two of you can "really talk."

"Mr. Potter, pardon me, Ambassador Potter, if you and your associates would please be seated we can continue." Dumbledore says. You listen, but you can’t detect any annoyance in his voice. You’ll have to try harder next time.   Making his life a living hell wouldn’t bother you in the slightest.

"No, thank you. We were just stopping by. When you’re done with the students, I will be in your office waiting for you and your explanation." You turn and start back towards the door.

Dumbledore’s voice calls after you, "You’ll need the password…"

You don’t bother turning around, "Either that or you’ll need a new guardian. It makes no difference to me."

You wonder what spell he uses to whisper "candy canes" in your ear as you walk through the doorway. It’s a nifty trick.   Out in the hallway, you start off in the direction of the headmaster’s office.

Kwan looks at you and shakes his head, "You waste too much time posturing. Trying to impress children is stupid."

"Kwan my friend, we’ve left the real world behind. We’re back in the schoolyard. The rules are different here. I have no doubt that he would’ve tried to slip me back in with as little disruption as possible. My little stunt back there forced him to acknowledge me in front of the entire student body. It’ll make it harder for the scheming bastard to treat me like a kid in public."

Kwan’s only comment is, "Good thing you did not attend my school…"

Wondering what kind of educational system would produce Kwan, you make your way through the castle towards Dumbledore’s office.

------

Fawkes damn near has another hissy fit as you enter the room.   Hack takes steps towards it and it shrieks in anger raising a cloud of hazy fire behind it.  

"Hack!   No!"

"Firebird wants to fight.   Hack doesn’t mind."

Forcing your voice to be calm and steady you say, "No.   Fawkes is marking his territory and he doesn’t seem to care for us in particular.   Let’s just keep to our side for now."

Hack relaxes his grip on his Daemonbone club.   It’s far superior to his Dragonbone spear.   You and Bill collaborated on it as your first real project working on the recently acquired material.   It’s nothing to be laughed at as some Death Eater missing a limb could probably attest.

His office looks much the same as when the last time you stood here.   You notice that several of the instruments you damaged in your temper tantrum are in various states of repair.   One actually has spell-o-tape holding it together. The wait is made more enjoyable by imagining what your rampage could do to this place right now.

The door opens and it is not the Headmaster and entourage that enter, but Remus J. Lupin — super-genius.   It is tempting to ask if the "J" is really for Judas.   The financial guardian of your estate has been very liberal in funding Dumbledore’s secret club and other endeavors.

"Hello Harry."

"Lupin.   I trust the Goblins cut off your access to my vaults."   You wonder how soon you can get your entire trove out of that bank.   Relations between Brazil and the Goblin nation are going to be strained and you’d rather not have the little bugger driving the cart take you to visit the dragons instead of your vaults.

"Yes.   I’ve come to apologize.   I asked Dumbledore as a favor to allow me to approach you in private.   May I speak to you alone?"

"Kwan’s my personal bodyguard and Hack is a true friend.   If there’s a one Dark Creature limit for the room, then I’d suggest you leave.   Whatever you have to say to me can be said in front of them."   Hack makes a point of laughing at your statement.   Kwan merely continues looking around the room and trying to get a feel for the person that is Albus Dumbledore.   You wish him luck, because after all this time, you still don’t have much of an idea about the ancient wizard.

Lupin looks fairly ashen, getting caught screwing over your friend’s kid probably ensures a nice negative karma debt.   "Harry, I’ve made several mistakes.   The Headmaster confessed that he did not have your explicit approval for all the expenditures.  That said; I take full responsibility.   Even had I known, I still would have approved them.   I believe that it was for the best."

"So you believe that a good cause like the Order justifies stealing someone's inheritance? Nice. You'd steal for a good cause. What wouldn't you do for a good cause - Imperius someone? Read their mind? Kill them? Make them a werewolf? How do you know which crime Dumbledore asks of you is okay and which isn't?"

"Harry!   We’re trying to wage a war."

"And you’re doing a smashing job at it!   How many have you turned over to the Ministry so far? Regardless, the Law disagrees with you about stealing. All I need to do is utter one word to our new Minister and you’d be headed off to a nice long stay in Azkaban, but I want you to live a long life and one day you’ll have to explain yourself to Sirius and my parents."

Lupin doesn’t say a word.   You’d been prepared to crush him and were doing a rather good job.   Borrowing from Scrimgeour, you press on, "You know something?   You’re nothing but Dumbledore’s man, through and through.   Come back when you have something to say that involves an original thought."

"Harry, be reasonable…"

"I am being reasonable. If I wasn’t, you’d have already been arrested.   How about I load you up with love potions and Obliviate you every now and then?   Would that be reasonable?"

"I didn’t know anything about that!   You have to believe me!"

You ignore his pleas, "I’ll tell you what I believe.   You are either a liar or an idiot and I don’t have any use for either.   Get out of here!   Send in your master."   Your senses tell you, he isn’t Alpha.   He wears a master’s yoke.

Lupin shakes his head sadly and leaves the room.   He was just the warm up.   The main event is just about to start.  

The werewolf leaves and only Dumbledore and Granger enter.   You were expecting an entourage, but they will do.

 "I would ask that you send your followers out at this time.   You already have my oath and can rest assured that Miss Granger will take no actions against you.   Let us sit down."

Waffling for a moment, you eventually ask Hack and Kwan to step outside as you look at a former member of the "Golden Trio".   She starts towards you like she wants to give you a hug and you hold your hand up stopping her.   You seem to recall her having a very active role in this hare-brained scheme.   "So what have you got to say for yourself?"

Her voice sounds thick with emotion and she’s doing a good job at looking miserable.   "I agreed to all this to help you and it’s gone so terribly wrong."

"How would this help me?"

"You were so angry and withdrawn over Sirius…"

"Don’t forget not being allowed to go to his service.   I’m sure I was pretty angry over that, but it’s not like I would know anything that happened that day.   Would I?   You were pretty quick to pass me off on Ginny from what I can recall."

"Harry, I felt guilty!   You weren’t the same around me with the potions.   You told me the prophecy and I knew that I could help you better prepare if I wasn’t your girlfriend.   It’s not that I didn’t want to be your girlfriend…"

You finish for her, "but Ginny really did.   Don’t worry, I get it!   That was so much easier wasn’t it?   If you cared so much about me, why did you put up with the Obliviations?   I was wearing my cloak watching you and Ginny convince yourselves how this was for the best and that stopping Voldemort was the most important thing.   After all your speeches about morals and all his flowery words about right vs. easy, you’re nothing but a sellout.   You’ll get a kick out of this!   I wrote a will while I was in the jungle.   Do you want to know what I left you?   Thirty pieces of silver!"

Granger turns on some waterworks and buries her face in her hands.   You don’t feel bad about this at all!   You look forward to your conversations with Ron and Ginny almost as much.

"That’s right!   Go ahead and cry, I could expect something like this from Ron and we all know what Ginny’s price was.   You on the other hand, you’re nothing but a traitorous little …"

Dumbledore interrupts trying to smooth things over, "Harry, it was I who approached Miss Granger.   I asked that she consider becoming your female interest to give you a greater sense of stability in this year.   She did in fact express some reservations about it, but I’m told I can be rather convincing."

"Which is when you offered her the extra tutoring and the Head Girl position…"

"No, that came later in our conversation.   I’m certain that if you ask, she will retrieve the memory for your review…

"Memories can be altered…" you add.

"… or even allow you to question her under truth serum, but we’re getting ahead of ourselves.   This was my plan and as I mentioned it was partly my intention for her to provide a stabilizing influence, much like your mother provided James after he had lost his parents."

You home right in on the phrase "partly my intention."   He just admitted there was something more going on.   There’s a good chance the shit in his arse doesn’t know what his sphincter is up to until it’s too late.   This is interesting.   "Okay, I see your twisted logic.   It worked for the dad I didn’t know, it should work for me as well.   What was the rest of your intent?"

"I was busy with, as you say, the rest of my intent when the unfortunate circumstances leading to your clever escape from Arthur and Molly’s house.   I would not have condoned a switch from Miss Granger to Miss Weasley under any circumstances for reasons that will become apparent momentarily.   Nor, would I have consented to any memory charms."

"How’s Marietta Edgecombe’s memory by the way?"   You toss a live one back at him to see how he reacts.

It doesn’t get under his skin like you hoped it would have, "Ah yes, that was done by Kingsley and only to prevent a mass expulsion of students by Madame Umbridge.   Your example should also serve to remind you that I covered for your Dueling Association to give them the target they truly wanted."

"Would you like a biscuit or something?   You enjoy playing with other people’s lives.   We could spend hours discussing this and it won’t get us anywhere.   What were the rest of your intentions?"

"To free you from having to return to the Dursley’s, and to strengthen the wards of the school against the Dark Lord and his minions, now that they’re walking free again."

You take a moment to see how he would have achieved this.   Searching your mind for what you know of blood wards, you begin talking.   "Wait a second.   The wards at Number Four work based off of blood.   How would you move them here?   You’d need some kind of anchor and a blood based one at that."   It clicks in your mind and you stare right at Hermione.

A long moment of silence ensues before you round on him.   "What have you done?"

"Part of Miss Granger’s potion regimen included a rather unique one to fool the wards into believing that she is a close blood relation — my own work, quite clever if I do say so myself.   She was not aware of this at the time.   Only after you had escaped did I reveal this information to her.   I was able to integrate the wards that surrounded Petunia’s house into the structure of Hogwarts.   At the beginning of the year three seventh years and one sixth year students were all forcibly denied access to the school by the wards.   All were found to have the Dark Mark on their body."

"Malfoy?"

"No, Mr. Nott."

"So that’s why you were adamant about me returning here.   You need me to keep the wards functioning."

"Had you not returned by Halloween, I would have been forced to send the students on an early vacation and allow the wards to fail and replace them with a new set.   You can see that it has been taking its toll on Miss Granger."

Without you being around the blood wards were looking to Hermione for charge.   It’s why you felt so suddenly weak crossing the perimeter of the wards.   Katie is lucky she didn’t have her accident ten meters further up the path.   She’d be dead or missing an arm right now.

"Aside from the whole ‘helping Harry cope with his grief’ angle, why is it important that she be my girlfriend?"

Hermione turned away unwillingly to look at you.   "For the potion that allows her to be the focus of this, it requires the sense of familial love.   A close relationship between you and Miss Granger would suffice. The more time you spend together more the wards will charge."

"Are the wards charging now?"

"They are still weakening, but now that you are here and aware of the situation, this will change."

"How so?   I’m not just going to start dating Hermione.   I don’t even want her in the same room right now."

Hermione stops being a wallflower, "Harry, we should do this for the safety of the castle.   If you must know, I was quite upset when Professor Dumbledore told me the rest of this, but I’ve come to accept his reasoning."

You can’t resist looking her in her puffy eyes, "Amazing how when it’s not just me getting used that you have to rationalize it and accept his reasoning.   Why do you think I’d go along with this?"

"You’ve already agreed, Harry."   Dumbledore says smiling.

He knows something.   You never agreed to anything of the sort!   Did you?   You agreed to an oath to protect Hogwarts — that’s all.   "No.   I’m afraid not.   You can’t use any spells or potions on me and you can’t allow anyone to do it to me with your knowledge."

"And what of your portion of the oath, Harry?   I believe it was ‘to protect the castle and its students to the best of your ability.’   Certainly, maintaining the wards around this castle is well within your ability."

Oh no!   "The wording of the oath!   You son of a bitch!   If I don’t do what is within my power to protect the students of Hogwarts, it releases you from your oath and causes me excruciating pain for being the oathbreaker."

"My apologies, Harry, but it was the only way."   Excruciating pain — that’s not something you’d really like, now is it?

You’ve been had.   You know it.   He knows it.   Hell, Hermione probably just put it all together.   That dirty fucker!   When Bill wakes up, the two of you can try and figure out how to get out of this, but so far it doesn’t look good.   Between your power, Bills experience, and Kwan’s downright nastiness, the three of you might be able to come up with something. You’ve got several liters of Daemon blood.   Maybe you could use it to nullify the wards?   No, that won’t work.   You’d be going against your oath!       How about …?   Damn!   Nothing else seems to be coming to mind!   Luna’s going to love this!   Sorry, we can’t try dating just yet.  I have to be Hermione’s boyfriend!

"Harry!   You act like dating me would be a chore or something!"   She’s a bit indignant.  

Come on Potter, you’re a politician now, how can you turn this to your advantage?   What would Nikolai Colastos do in this situation?   Most politicians blow something way out of proportion to its illogical end.   That’s it!

 "If love and affection would substitute for Familial bonding, how about we try plain old intercourse?   Wouldn’t that charge the wards faster?"  

Hermione looks scandalized.   "Harry how could you say something like that?"

"I’m sorry. I’m just trying to fulfill my side of the oath.   Everything in my power didn’t you say to protect this school?   She’s a witch, I’m a wizard.   What do you say Hermione?   What’s a little shag between old friends like us?"

"Harry!   You’re talking about our virginity!   That’s not something to speak so callously about."

You manage a slightly mocking laugh at good old "Hermy Funbags" — though it looks like a bit of air might have been let out of them.   "Actually, we’re just talking about your virginity, Hermione.   Literally, mine’s somewhere back in Brazil.   Figuratively, I lost it the day all of you started this idiotic idea.   Just how far are you willing to go to protect everyone in this castle Hermione?   I’m guessing if you’re uncomfortable with it, he could whip up a potion for you. Wouldn’t you say it’s for the greater good?"

She looks for help from Dumbledore, "Headmaster!"

Dumbledore initially appears horrified as well, "Actually, Ambassador Potter makes a credible point that I hadn’t considered.   Physical intimacy would require the two of you to be in contact for shorter durations of time.   When I offered Miss Granger the Head Girl position, I had intended that the two of you do your utmost to keep your relationship a secret and a private suite would allow such a thing.   Your idea would work though I would never require such behavior from Miss Granger.   Perhaps it is your anger at the situation speaking, but I had hoped for better from you, Harry."

If life gives you lemons, slice them open shove the pulp in your enemies’ eyes and squeeze.   "Well ‘hope’ is a four letter word.   Look, you’ve basically made Hermione the focal point for the warding structure at Hogwarts.   What happens if she is killed?   Are the wards going to collapse or is it going to cascade and blow us all up?"

"I cannot say for certain.   That is why Miss Granger is not leaving the castle this year and will often be accompanied by Nymphadora Tonks.   Her safety is of the utmost importance, second only to yours.   This is a most important secret and Miss Granger is already rigorously applying herself to her Occlumency studies.   I must ask that you resume your lessons as well."

"I don’t need them."

"May I ascertain that for myself?"

"Not right now, but some other time, I don’t see why not.   For now, you can accept my word that I have taken appropriate precautions.   I seem to be accepting your word on a number of things."

"I see we have a long ways to go to overcome your hostility, Harry.   I will leave the details of your relationship with Miss Granger for the two of you to decide.   Your Ambassadorial suite is situated next door to the Head Girl suite.   The password is ‘Obligations.’   Although, you may change it to whatever suits you."     Dumbledore neatly washes his hands of the matter tossing it all back on Hermione’s shoulders.   It’s nice to see that when push comes to shove, he can simply walk away.   He gets an oddly detached look on his face, "Come to think of it, I suppose that solution would have worked for you and Petunia as well."

You so did not need that image running around in your head!   Too bad you can’t ask him to Obliviate you!   Hermione looks mortified, but the two of you grew up in a world where inbreeding wasn’t so widely accepted.

You can ignore the details for now, Bill has a saying about "grudge sex" being really good sex.   You may get a chance to find that out.  Changing the topic, you find something bothering you.   "So, if these wards work against Death Eaters, how come Snape is still here?"

"At my request Fawkes transports him in and out of the castle."

"No wonder your familiar is in such a smashing mood."

"No, it hasn’t changed its indifference to Professor Snape. I am most concerned with its reaction to you.   Will you permit me to view your adventures in my Pensieve?"

Gazing around the room, you shake your head.   "After the way you just screwed me, well technically, us, you have some nerve asking that!   I trust you even less than before I walked in this room.   All you need to know is that I went there, found the Horcrux and destroyed it."

Hermione is drawn back into the conversation, "What is a Horcrux?"

"Holy shit!   You’ve pulled her this far into it and she doesn’t even know what we’re up against!   You really are a piece of work old man!   It makes me wonder if Bill hadn’t told me, how long you would have kept me in the dark as well."

"That knowledge was not important to Miss Granger’s role in the war effort.   Do you understand the concept of ‘need to know,’ Harry?   Under other circumstances, I would remove that knowledge from her mind…"

"Always wrapped up in your secrets and half-truths, aren’t you?   I’ll just tell her again the moment we’re alone.   One thing that I’m telling you right now, when this is over, there will be an accounting for your actions.   I will make you pay."

Dumbledore allows his aura to flare and radiate with power almost causing Hermione to fall from her seat.   It’s a neat trick, you can do it too.   You’ll have to do some practicing in front of a mirror to get it looking so impressive.   "Should you win this war, Harry, you are welcome to try."

"Just remember that you said that.   If your little display couldn’t stop Riddle, what makes you think it will work on his equal?   Maybe instead of doing this, we should talk about the Horcrux that’s in the school at this very moment?"

That really grabs his attention.   "There is one here?   Where is it?"

"The trophy room, Riddle’s school service award, do we go get it now, or do we wait for Bill to wake up?"  

Both you and Bill had been shocked to see the award shown by Ravenclaw’s seer glass as one of the three remaining Horcruxes.   The sheer audacity required to have it displayed in a case in the middle of your sworn enemy’s sanctuary… really after all that you have learned about Riddle, it doesn’t surprise you, but even still…

Dumbledore actually looks frightened.   "I will go and retrieve it this very instant."

You smack the table, "Don’t be a fool.   Look at your hand.   Seal the trophy room, and then you and I and Bill can take it out together."

A new voice from over by the wall interrupts, "The boy is so very right, Albus.   You are a fool!   Lord Voldemort placed it right under your very eyes and now you are doomed!"

The three of you turn to see the portrait of Headmaster Dippet, looking his usual doddering old self, except for one small detail. His eyes are red.  

Laughing like a maniac, Dippet flees from the portrait frame a second before your spell and Dumbledore’s impact against the frame leaving a massive scorch mark on the wall.

"It would seem that our choice has been made for us.   I will sound the emergency alarm to tell all the students to stand fast.   Miss Granger, find Professor McGonagall and assist her.   My predecessor has only one other portrait frame in existence."

You know where this is heading.   "Let me guess, the trophy room!"

"Precisely, I will go and investigate."

"You’ll need my help."

He looks at you seriously as he activates the general alarm.   "I would prefer to do this alone."

Your reply is cut off by a large detonation that sends a tremor through the castle.   "On second thought, I have reconsidered my opinion, Harry.   This could be very serious.   Fawkes will transport me directly.   Harry, bring your troll and Mr. Kwan down the closest stairwell.   Miss Granger, belay my last instruction.   You are to keep any students that are on the upper floors from descending to the third floor.   Under no circumstances are you to venture below the fourth floor."

Half-running and half-leaping down the steps, from his office, you motion for Kwan and Hack to follow you.   You made a mistake assuming that this Horcrux had no defenses, because you had polished it with your own hands.   That won’t happen again.   If you thought you were going to get a breather and a chance to settle in, you were wrong…

  • Previous
  • Next

Author Notes:

Twisted huh? Chapter 3 is in progress, but first I’ll be finishing To Fight the Coming Darkness.   I look forward to your comments.   Special credit to Hunted Orange for predicting the Special Services Award at darklordpotter in the Bungle thread.   Join me on darklordpotter and fanficauthors for story discussion.