Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 5th February 2009 2:40am for I'm Even On My Knees

Well, the course of true love never did run smooth. Just like Ron & Hermione in canon (and most H-G shippings), bickering until they finally realize what's up and settle down to snog.

(Except in the Dangerverse, where H-G, D-L, Neville-Meghan all seem to just settle on their partners right off. Even there, it takes Ron a while to get over his temporary snogging partner and choose Hermione.)

So we can only hope that Harry will soon realize how much he misses Luna, and Luna will realize how much she misses Harry as a friend (and snogging partner).

Looking forward to it all...

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd February 2009 8:00am for I'm Even On My Knees

Great chapter! I'm quite curious is the hormuculus sentient? I think Barf would have been a better name.

I liked that Aberforth's "goat incident" was really a daemon and that he is as tainted as Harry.

Monkey

fyrecat posted a comment on Monday 29th December 2008 5:26am for I'm Even On My Knees

Great chapter!
I like the name Albus Severus Potter, it would be so fitting!

Editorial notes:
- None, again! congratulations!

rebirthofham posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2008 2:34am for I'm Even On My Knees

What does right on schedule mean?

JBern replied:

It means chapter 8 is now posted!   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Monday 14th July 2008 5:28am for I'm Even On My Knees

Loved the Albus Severus Potter ploy hilarious.

You continue to amaze me with your amazing writing style. I love the way you portray runes, wards, and animagus in this fic. And Harry is just bitchin.

Keep up the good work on this, and Lie I've Lived.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope you enjoy the new chapter.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 12:51pm for I'm Even On My Knees

I'm really starting to think Luna's just not mature enough for a relationship with somebody as messed up as Harry. :-)

I wonder what DD plans about Ralph. I'm guessing he figures he can destroy it and force Harry's return anytime he wants.

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

JBern replied:

Next chapter of this is in 2 weeks.   Luna hasn't had to grow up.   She might just now.~Jim

rustymotion posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 10:59am for I'm Even On My Knees

hahahaha baba yaga, i feel like i just fell back in to my eastern european mythology class, waiting to see how you rock this one out, but hey wherever you go with this, is working for me so far! Plus you got a killer entourage, maybe you'll even add someone similar to turtle and johnny chase, so it rocks even harder. killer fic.
shakah

JBern replied:

I'll do my best to do it justice.~Jim

Saba posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 9:42am for I'm Even On My Knees

... i hate dumbledore.... awesome story, looovvee itt

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in about 2 weeks.~Jim

Stonebrow posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 7:17am for I'm Even On My Knees

Maybe I'm just slow, but it took me a few readings of this sentence to make sense of it.
The book says when and not if you get sick to do it into the pot.
I think it should be something like-
The book says when (and not if) you get sick, to do it into the pot.
or
The book says when -not if- you get sick, to do it into the pot.

Otherwise, loving the new chapter and the whole story in general.

JBern replied:

Well minor quibble aside, I'm glad you enjoyed this story.~Jim

Philly Homer posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 4:54am for I'm Even On My Knees

Nice! An update for TML, even if I'm a bit late to the update party. A pretty good chapter, with a nice little cliff hanger, leaving us wanting more. Now on to the actual review.

There was nice characterization going on within this chapter. Hermy funbags finally sees the world isn't all black or white, nor is Dumbledore as infallibe as the Pope. I look forward to seeing how she progresses after this, but I'm more than happy to wait for it as Harry finally leaves Hogwarts and Dumbledore behind.

Speaking of Dumbledore, I thought it was very clever, the way he reacted to the existence of Ralph. He threw Harry completely off his game, and Harry was once again left wondering who the hell Dumbledore really is. The part with Abeforth was pretty funny to read, especially with his revelation of where exactly the inappropriate goat charms story came from.

Luna's reaction was pretty much expected. She is an insecure, shy, little twit while Harry is a confident big boy, who also happens to be banging broads left and right. If I was Bill I would definitely keep an eye on Fleur and Harry, as Luna pointed out Harry was a little too quick to come to her aid. To be honest with you I'm glad that the relationship sap is on the side for now, Harry can deal with it later when he comes back.

I have never heard of Baba Yaga, but from what I read on Wikipedia, it sounds decent, and I have absolutely no doubt in your ability to make it badass.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it with the added bruhaha at DLP.   Hopefully, the pace of the story will pick up out of Hogwarts.

I'll do my best to do Baba Yaga justice.~Jim

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 3:44am for I'm Even On My Knees

I like your imagery of how potions would work so unlike chemistry.

Quick Brit pick: "he must be truly nuts" not nutters. A person is a nutter (noun - a madman) or is nuts (adjective - crazy). It's only a tiny point for future reference though.

Loved your idea about the origins of Igor. I think Hack is doing pretty well on his own. Also loved Soto's letter and the resulting homunuclus. Ralph is a good name for him.

Interesting meeting with Abe. The Dementors idea is a good one, I like the thought that they have Masters waiting to appear. As always, I'm delighted to see the return of spikey Luna, though Looney has her own admirable qualities, and the way she dances Harry on a string. I like the fact you never make it easy on them either.

Nice ending. Kwan is always good value for money and Baba Yaga is one of my favourite nasty folktales. She did some pretty messed up things. As always, can't wait to read more. Good chapter.

JBern replied:

Brit pick noted.   Igor is good!   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 2:55am for I'm Even On My Knees

Another great update! Harry dabbling in the dark arts some more giving Hermione his "baby" to take care of. Awesome stuff. Can't wait for more!

Rob

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

uthamm posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 2:34am for I'm Even On My Knees

Sweet! I like the backstory on Aberforth and the tension between him and Albus. Very interesting.

The minor demon thing for the dementors is quite unique - many possiblilites there.

I also like the foreshadowing of the Journal message and the conversations with Luna and the embassy - growing up means taking responsibility for your problems and I appreciate the way that you show this is not all a walk in the park. Clarity moment with Harry and Hermione and the 'people are counting on you' statement.

Looking forward to more!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the chapter.   Thanks for the compliments.   Hope my works continue to impress you.~Jim

Crys posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:41am for I'm Even On My Knees

> "Hack is Harry's assistant, like greatest troll who ever lived
— Igor. Destroyed foolish wizard’s monster, killed foolish
wizard, and fathered fifty-seven children by fifteen different
trolls."
*laugh* I rather like that version :)

> I almost named him Albus Severus Potter, but that just seemed
cruel.
Snerk. That wasn't even subtle, Jim

Aberforth taking over the "snarky, foul-mouthed advisor" post in this fic?

> You have no interest in being a dog. Cats are far cooler and very territorial.
*laugh* So he's going for the title of "alpha pussy"?

> Karina is getting married next month."
Nice to give a little update from a past part of the story

Oh, hell. Damnit, Luna, he doesn't have the patience or the upbringing to deal with an overly emotional girlfriend. AND YOU KNOW THIS. Why the hell are you tearing him apart over this?

> The problem is you know that’s not entirely true.
Not entirely, but as I said, you're underequipped to deal with the petty, teen-angst, "does he really like me?" BS. And she knows it.

Well, this is a mostly action-based story, so sending him off to the Ural Mountains to retrieve . . .

Oh, evil thought. Send AD after her. "Hey, you wanted the Horcruxes tracked down. I'm giving you the location of one. You offered to help, I'm just accepting the offer."

JBern replied:

I tear because I care.   The action is going to pick up soon.   Thanks as always.~Jim

vandallas posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 3:29pm for I'm Even On My Knees

Excellent job Jbern, you are as usual my hero. Getting Bushy Haired Bitch to babysit the abomination was Brilliant.

I'm having fantasies of Indiana!Harry highjacking the chickenhut and making a getaway with the Indy theme song blaring in the back ground...

Dadadadaaaa dadadadaaa, dadadadaaa! dada DA DA! DA!!

but seriously, i know its a Harry/Luna fic but i miss the cavalier, all balls and bayonets Harry. The Harry who is getting himself into baby-momma-dramma, nailing his mentor's daughter and then running off into a mayan tomb to do battle with angry bloodvine serpents.

The reason you are my favourite fanfic author is because your stories are unadulturated adventure you know? Harry is always moving forward, onto the next mystery. Not second guessing himself about a mid-pubecent schoolgirl.

The story so far is very good, but in my honest opinion Luna is beginning (cough) to feel like a third nipple on your chest; while intruiging and amusing to contemplate in your youth (bungle) as you get older it only holds back your sexlife. (i love how this all ties in).

Indiana!Harry FTW

JBern replied:

That's a good image.   I'll do my best to get this story up to speed in the coming chapters.~Jim

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 2:16pm for I'm Even On My Knees

Very nice as always, though I am glad to see a fieldtrip in the works. The close confines of hoggy ol' Jollywarts is a bit limiting to our loosened hero.

It is sad, though, that Luna is having difficulty with Harry. Predictable and understandable, but still sad. I guess flirting by book is out.

Please continue.

JBern replied:

Yeah, the school was "confining."     Hopefully, it will be picking up.~Jim

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 12:15pm for I'm Even On My Knees

On Schedule yay!

And another excellent TML chappie.

Looking forward to reading TLIL in 24 hours or so. ;)

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 8:47am for I'm Even On My Knees

"Reality Bites" was good but not as outstanding as some of your other work. The twist was not surprising to any longtime consumer of fiction. The piece reminded me of an "Outer Limits" episode (not in a bad way).

Also, Cheryl was WAY too polite and helpful to be an insurance company's lawyer! Completely unbelievable! ;-)


Did you help with the "Vampire Catfish"? That was a great bit, spectacularly enhanced by the screams in the background.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review of my original piece.   Cheryl was actually a nod to Lady Alchmyia.

wavelink99 posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 8:13am for I'm Even On My Knees

Hey Jim great chapter. I checked out your vampire story and thought it good. My only complaint was that I figured out the ending a little early on in the story. Otherwise it was a very good story.

Actually, I found the part about the Vampire Catfish from the drabblecast website to be a great lead into the story. Do those vampire catfish really exist? If so I'm staying the hell outa South America.

The title of the next chapter is certainly interesting. You're not going to have Harry and Baba Yaga hook up are you? That would be...disturbing. Yes, very very disturbing.

JBern replied:

I believe that they exists.   Norm does a fantastic job with his audiocasts.

Harry and BY?   That would be disturbing.   I'll keep it in mind.~Jim  

The Crow posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 12:58am for I'm Even On My Knees

Ah bugger the scripted windows - the bolded part should be in the sentence...

JBern replied:

No worries.