Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

AK posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 3:57pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

This is a nice chapter, I can see why it would be delicate, the previous one left us hanging with some questions. The one point that I found annoying (last chapter) is that Harry, Bill and Kwan wouldn't have found problems with the wording of the oath "Within his power" they all know how strong Harry is, shouldn't they have negotiated more to change that wording?

But in this chapter we get Harry confirming that he needs Dumbledore, which cn explain why he would have accepted said oath.

All in all a good read and nice follow up in the spirit of what I've read to this point. Any idea when the next chapter of "the lie I lived" comes?

JBern replied:

Now that Darkness is all but finished, next up is chapter 8 of Lie.   I'll be starting it after I catch up on all these backlogged reviews.~Jim

morriganscrow posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 3:03pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Brilliant chapter - as always!
Don't bother your head over the butt nugget. We, your fans, ignore such things, and know where to go to find out how you are really doing.
This was a very nicely paced chappie, with much information provided to chew on.
Poor Minerva - yet her death,and the pallid response from Dumbledore, did so much to highlight his character.
Harry and Hermione was perfect, as was Hack and the Norris skin.
The fight scene was wonderfully choreographed and quite nail biting.
Stay well, and keep up the excellent job!

JBern replied:

As you can see, it's still catch up on the review backlog night here at my house.   I'll be writing chapter 8 of Lie next, but now with Darkness all but done I'm free (or at least more free) to devote time to this story.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

deb posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 2:10pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

An absolutely brilliant chapter. So much going on... so much interaction that was just great! There were so many great parts that I am on my third reading and I still find more to love. A chapter well worth the wait. I can't help feeling that JKR should have consulted you and your support group and then maybe the last three books wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth after devouring. It would also have saved me from re-plastering my wall from where I threw the book(s) in disgust.

JBern replied:

Why thank you.   With my other story just about to wrap, I'm finally able to catch up on my backlog of reviews.       Thank you for the compliment.   After I post the Darkness finale, I'll be writing chapter 8 of Lie before I come back to TML, but I have some interesting things up my sleeve.   You'll want to stick around for them.~Jim

Fishburne posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:40pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Imagine my amazement, when I turn to my computer and see a VERY interesting post about the lamentations of JBern and his amazing illness!

Woah, I think, so I turn to my handy dandy FFA.net page and BAM! there goes JBern posting and showing what a buffoon this other person may be.

Unless of course, you may be feeling a tad ill? Any coughs or erupting boils?

So, on to my review of your chapter.

If I may, please dear God in Heaven, please please have Harry embarrass Snape in such a fantastic manner to have the bastard screaming bloody murder!!!!!

Excellent chapter, and the phrase "Hack wondered why it felt all sticky." which was preceded by "Blofniar’s syndrome." Amazing sense of comedic timing.

Had me giggling and then gagging. Nicely done my good author. Thank you for another fantastic chapter, and dude, when the chapters are baked, they are baked. Bring em on when you think they are done!

Fish

JBern replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter so much.   I'm finally catching up on my replies.   Next up after I post the Darkness finale is Lie 8 followed by TML 4.   Thanks again for the compliments on my comedic timing.   It was a tough chapter to write with a dark tone and I had to work pretty hard to change the tone towards the end

Either way, I'm proud of the finished product although one of the reviewers above was kind enough to point out the slew of gramatical errors.~Jim

irenechocalate posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:08pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

WOW! this chapter has a really interesting twist... Worth the delay! And I really like your cliffhangers! WIsh you have more of them! You are one of the few authors that are good at them! And the broomstick part was hilarious! THanks for the GREAT chapter! Hope the next chapter will be this good!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   The great and talented Nonjon once said that people decide in the last 3 or 4 lines whether or not they are going to review your story.   I've taken that advice to heart and do my best to deliver a belly laugh or a cliff hanger with each installment always leaving you readers wanting more.   I'm writing Lie 8 this week (and posting the Darkness Finale), but TML 4 is just around the corner.~Jim

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:58pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

I am just happy to see a new chapter, though you sure aren't pushing Harry/Luna very fast. It would be nice if a few sheep could wake-up and see how much DoubleDumb has hurt them.

JBern replied:

Well the problem is Dumbledore is that good at manipulation.   He's had decades to practice.   At least Harry's wise to his game now, but I want to really write a memorable Dumbledore in this one, perhaps even a memorable Snape as well.

Thanks for the review.   Darkness 41, Lie 8, and TML 4 is the rotation coming up.~Jim

Manatheron posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:53pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

^.^

Excellent work on the fight, I admit that I really didn't see McGonnogal going down that easily, but I'm willing to concede that a sneak attack would have worked considering her size and the fact that her link to her animal was probably a great deal more artificial than Harry's is.

I do have to ask though... Basilisk Venom? from a Jaguar? Did I read that right? with how old that bite is it would have been purged long ago unless the tooth chipped off or something of that nature. though I suppose it's possible that the venom was potent enough to kill off the blood cells when they tried to remove it, it just doesn't seem likely to me. Ergo I'd appreciate an explanation either in the story, or even independently if your so inclined. If not, I understand, but still...

You do earn bonus points for the scene with Snape though, and Mrs.Norris' final job is a classic as well :D

Excellent work! I'm looking foreward to the next chapter!

JBern replied:

More explanation coming eventually.   I'll be careful to not make it Animagus cum Deus Ex Machina, but I think you'll enjoy the direction I take it.

Thanks for the review.   Sorry for the delay in my reply.   My posting rotation is Darkness 41 (which is all but finished), Lie 8 (just about to start on it) and TML 4.

Jim

mjc posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:36pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Did I detect a little Marvel 'verse theme in this chapter?

Yeah, I can see it now...Avengers, assemble!

And Colin raps a stick against the floor...flash of lightning, peel of thunder...

Hack splits another outfit...

Harry...*face palm*...I'm sooooo screwed...

The broom scene *almost* rivals the reason Hack gave for going on the expedition...*almost*.

McG...well, I guess she couldn't quite handle herself.

Scheming, politician, smart...Machiavellian Dumbledore...yeah, I can buy that...

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   I'm writing Lie 8 first, but I'll be back to TML 4 soon.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:16pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

*blink* *re-read* Harry's jaguar form is getting some basilisk (or at least snake) attributes due to the daemon blood? Interesting, but please be careful that you don't end up giving him an "uber-kool animagus form".

Hmm. Interesting that Hermione was the one trying to initiate sex "for the good of the school". That's a twist on what I was expecting.

> Just think of me every time you put it between your legs.
> It’s nice to see Luna Lovegood speechless.
*laugh* There's the snarky Harry that we all know and love!

Scenes like that make me want to throttle Snape.

Great (and long) chapter. Thanks.

JBern replied:

Yeah, I'll be careful not to go into Deus ex Animagery anytime soon.   It's more a reflection of what Harry has experienced.   Wait till you see the twists I have coming...~Jim

dc1 posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:02pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

i need a tissue. ok all better now. this was definately worth the wait. i loved the changes to his animagus form, the basilisk parts kick arse. it would be hilarious if he bit fawkes at some point. that would teach the oversized chicken to get all huffy on him.

you used a perfect greeting with snape, very amusing. it was nice to see luna make an appearance, fine comedy that. looking forward to the various reactions when the pensieve of the daemon fight comes out.

cheers
dc1

ps i like the insult 'butt nugget.'

JBern replied:

I'd have used a more vulgar insult, but I was being cheeky.   Glad you liked the chapter, sorry for my delayed response.   I'll be writing another chapter of Lie first, but I'll be back to this soon and you'll get a kick out of what's coming next.~Jim

Melissa posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 11:54am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

I do so love what you've done with Harry.
BTW, you need to put a warning at the beginning of this chapter. Woe be the unfortunate soul who tries to eat while reading...LMAO! My monitor almost got a spring cleaning early.
Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next installment!

JBern replied:

I get a few of those every now and then, but if I put a spew warning at the beginning, it wouldn't be nearly as funny when you read the lines.   :-)

Thanks for the review.   Sorry for the delayed response, but life keeps me busy.   Next up is Darkness 41 (almost complete), Lie 8 (start writing tomorrow) and TML 4.   More fun on the horizon.  

Plus with Xmas coming, you can always upgrade your monitor when you do spew on it.~Jim

mikek posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 11:26am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

enjoyed the chapter. Like the cat joke and the defense lesson bits.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

scott2 posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 11:07am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Highly enjoyable :)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

traveller posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 10:51am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Another good chapter. I'm glad to see the clear emergence of a smart Dumbledore. I've always found a stupid Dumbledore a bit 'off', just not inline with what you know about him.

Also glad to see Harry clearly distancing himself from his friends without truly becoming pettily vindictive or bullying. He's more grown up now, after all.

What I've been wondering for these last two chapters is who actually obliviated Harry. I always assumed it was Dumbledore, but now it would seem to be otherwise.

In the end, now that Harry has distanced himself from both the situation and his friends, I think he might realize that his friends or both children, and therefor not accountable on quite the same level as an adult; and mostly guilty of abuse of a situation coupled with inaction. Both unhappy attitudes that would lead to a complete break of trust, but perhaps not something that leads to an active vendetta. The person who actually obliviated him however... Lets just say that if I were in his shoes, I'd be actively looking for heads to take off (quite literally). In a lot of ways, I can think of no worse crimes than to take someone's memories, in a very real way, a part of their personality.

Traveller

JBern replied:

The Weasley's obliviated Harry.   Specifically, Molly the first couple of times and then Fred and George the next time (at their shop) which is why Harry easily became so suspicious because much of it's in his subconcious portions.   There will likely be a Molly-hell-to-pay scene where I can find the right place for it.

Anyway, thanks for the reviews.   Sorry for my delay in responding.~Jim

Cu posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 10:32am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Neat one-liners (nearest master, broom) and great action. Hack is on his way to become a classic OOC, right up there with Bob the Dementor. The necrobasilisk is intriguing.

There's a 'move' instead of 'more' typo somewhere. I find the poisonous jaguar a bit over the top.

Good job, great entertainment, thanks for the ride.

JBern replied:

It's just a poisonous bite, but I needed a physical manifestation of how the Daemon blood affected Harry.   I'll work to ensure it does not become Animagus ex Machina.

Glad you find the story that enjoyable.   I'll need to find Bob the Dementor, he sounds interesting.

Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 10:09am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Great chapter. I really didn't expect McGonagall's death. That was surprising. Also, Pompfrey loses major points.

But as for happy stuff, YAY! for Harry and Luna finally meeting and talking. Luna sweeping with a firebolt was priceless, and it was great to see that Harry could give as good as he got with his "between your legs" comment. Can't wait until your next update.

JBern replied:

In the original draft Poppy also died defending Katie with her last breath.   It felt cliche, so we went another route.   She's a nurse not a fighter, plenty good when it's not her life on the line.   Next up is Lie 8, but TML 4 is just around the bend.~Jim

Joe1 posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 8:59am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

So far this story is a lot of fun. and i am really enjoying it.
-Joe

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter coming soon.   I hope it continues to entertain.~Jim

david abbey1 posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 8:10am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Ahh, nothing like the random killing of cannonical charactors to get your day going. several good snicker points here. the point deduction from brazil being one. thanks for writing and updating on a regular basis.I'm looking forward to the end of darkness, its been well worth the wait.
bigD

JBern replied:

Yet another year where Brazil doesn't win the Hogwarts House Cup...

Glad you were entertained by my keystrokes.   Hopefully, I will continue to deliver quality on a regular basis.   End of Darkness is all but upon us.   I just have to get 41 back from editing and make final adjustments.   Next up writing wise is Lie 8 and then TML 4.~Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 7:47am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

*snickers loudly*

Great update, mate! Loved loved loved Harry walking out on Snape. Glad to see Filch gone, but a bit sad to see McG gone too. Having Hack wear Mrs. Norris as a pelt was just fantastic ~

Your Hermione is nicely annoying, and your Luna is just delightful. Particularly enjoyed the live sheep bit:

An eavesdropping Terry Boot spews his milk all over his girlfriend, Mandy Brocklehurst, upon hearing that statement. As Ron sputters a denial, Luna turns to Terry and asks him if he is afflicted with Blofniar’s syndrome. According to her, it causes people to randomly expel white fluid from all parts of his body. Now everyone except Terry and Mandy is howling with laughter. It continues when Luna says that a ceremony involving a live sheep could be used to cure this affliction.



Cheers, Gardengirl, who already knew you were neither ill nor off on a Tibetan pilgrimage

JBern replied:

As you can see, it's catch up on replies night here at my house.   My god!   I've been doing just replies for the better part of 3 hours, but I take my pride in replying to everyone.

Toodles!~Jim

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 7:28am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Intense section here, though was surprised and a bit saddened at the death of Minerva. Snape seems to be just as nasty as ever, and will be wondering how much longer it'll be before he pushes the wrong button and ends up dead. Luna was a hoot as always, and Hermione is trying anyway, and will be looking forward to what happens next.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Sorry my reply has been so late in coming.   Glad the story continues to entertain.   Next up is Darkness 41 early in the week, followed by Lie 8 and then TML 4.~Jim