Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:27am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Hehe gotta love when you can call a reviewer butt nugget.

I am interested in how Hermione and Ron are trying to pass the summer off, but then again I can see how Dumbledore could easily manipulate them.

That said, Hermione's statements to Ginny, are just barely on the safe side of concern for Harry, as opposed to her own personal gain.

Ron never had a chance to defend himself, but then again hus presence at the Quidditch camp sort of says it all, doesn't it?

I liked the Snape in this chapter, and Hack as always is good for at least one laugh. It is surprising how McGonagall went down, but Filch's death seems about par for the course.

Thanks for writing,
Matt

JBern replied:

As you can see it's catch up on all my reviews night and the time interval between these resposnes shows I've been at it for a while now (closing in on 3.5 hours), but I take pride in replying to every single review.

You've probably had several reviewers that you wanted to call butt nugget I'll bet!

Most people write a manipulative Dumbledore who somehow all the sudden begins making gaffs in Harry's 5th -7th year.   I want mine to stand out as a real piece of work that Harry will always be questioning.   Hopefully, I can make the others pale in comparisson!

Hermione doesn't get very good treatment in my stories, which no doubt irks you, but I try to be consistent in my depiction of her.   In this one you can see that she was the friend who's loyalty to Harry was used and abused by Dumbledore.   I'm taking a different route in The Lie I've Lived.   You'll see...

Anyway, the Darkness Finale gets posted as soon as I get it back from editing, Lie chapter 8 is finally ready to be written, and then back to this one.

Thanks again for the review.   Best of luck on your works as well.~Jim

Steven Laub posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:23am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Love the story man. Thanks for ignoring the butt nugget. I would much rather have to wait for a good chapter than get a bad one and wonder what the hell happened. Keep up the good work!!

JBern replied:

Well thanks for the review.   Sorry for the delay in my reply.   Next chapter is coming soon, but I first have to write Lie chapter 8.~Jim

gadriam posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:17am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Update whenever you feel like it. I'll be here. It's always, always worth the wait. You've painted so many glorious mental images in this chapter that I'm reeling. Luna's sweeping, Hack's new clothes, i mean...Damn!

Thank you for motivating my ISP's continuing existence.

g

JBern replied:

Closing in on 4 hours of replying to reviews.   My god I'm so far behind!   Darkness 41 gets posted as soon as I get it back from editing.   Next up is Lie chapter 8 and then back to this one.~Jim

Miles Hance posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:01am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

good to hear this...Brian character is NOT speaking for you. I was a little worried. this chapter is actually better in my opinion than chapter 2. although mcgonnagal dies, which i feel so-so about. if the story can work without her, cool.

you need to do more to put snape in his place, and violently. he was the one that told voldemort the prophecy. can he get his just desserts before this story ends?

other than that, your darkness story, after reading it again and trying to wrap my head around it is quite good, but the lie i've lived has real promise even with a slow start. please continue on that.

more power to you

JBern replied:

After I post the Darkness finale, I'll start writing Lie chapter 8.   Look for Snape to be punished often in that story.   In TML it'll be a bit different, they'll be uneasy allies.   TML 4 after Lie 8.   I'm pretty eager to start writing the Harry and Fleur interation in Lie.

Thanks for the review.   I hope I continue to impress.~Jim

Bedrup posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 1:00am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Filch possesed was a really original idea. And you used it beautifully. This chapter is crammed with good stuff. Mrs Norris. The change in the jaguar. A believable Snape. Inferius tactics. Luna. Hermiones shortcomings in the idea department. And Dumbledore. Awesome. Glad to hear you ´re healthy. Hadn ´t picked up on the roumours. What a wanker.

JBern replied:

Hours later, the end of my backlog of reviews is in sight.   Yes, since you got my ff dot net reply I've been working to catch up on my backolog of unanswered reviews.   Man it's been like 4 hours!   Glad you enjoyed this chapter.   Next up is posting the Darkness finale, followed by writing Lie chapter 8 and then back to this one for some really interesting things I have in store for Ambassador Potter at his party...

Jim

in-kinsfire posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:56am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Another great chapter. Harry showing up Snape in knowledge about the dark arts, Hack wearing the bloody skin of Mrs Norris, Voldefitch.

I also have to wonder where you are going with Snape. Could he secretly be disgusted with both Voldemort and Dumbledore and is either playing both against the other or despises Dumbledore slightly less? Keeping the Dippet picture in the office as a spy is a master Slytherin move.

Please continue, and ignore the butt nuggets.

JBern replied:

I'll try to give you both a memorable Snape and Dumbledore in this story.   Thanks for the review.   Sorry form the delay in my reply - been busy.   Next chapter is coming soon.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:47am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Harry needed a better exit line in the scene with Snape, but other than that, a good chapter. How stupid is Dumbledore in this fic, anyway? If Snape had told Dumbles about the painting it could have been far more beneficial for Snape (if really working against Voldemort).


"T"

JBern replied:

Many have said they loved the end of this chapter, but more than a few have said it felt a bit off.   Still working on the old comedic timing.   Hopefully, I can deliver a very memorable Snape and Dumbledore in this fic.   Thanks as always and best of luck on your work.~Jim

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:44am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

I think that your author notes were almost as good as the chapter itself. I am particularly appreciative of the fact that you are allowing for the possibility of Hermione's redemption given that she needs Harry more than Harry needs her. Too bad about McGonagall...but the vignette with Fleur was great. Can't wait to see if you detail Kwan's training methods again. Thanks for writing.

JBern replied:

Glad both the story and the author's notes are entertaining.   Next chapter coming soon.   I hope I continue to impress.~Jim

WNabors posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:38am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Another sweet chapter.I will really miss the Harry and McGonagle confrontation tho.As always looking forward to your next chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter.   Sorry for my delayed reply, it's been hectic around here.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:28am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Woohoo! Another great chapter I love hack wearing mrs norris as a pelt. That has to be one of my favorite sceens in fan fiction ever. Harry/Snape insults are always fun. I can't wait for the next installment of either of your stories (october's almost over ya know :P hehehe)

JBern replied:

Sorry things are a bit backlogged as you can see from my delayed reply to this review.   The Darkness finale gets posted early this week.   I start writing Lie chapter 8 tomorrow and I'll be back to TML chapter 4 in short order.~Jim

glorfy posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:17am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Took me a moment to work out what the heck was going on, but gotta say as always, i loved it.

squib going power crazy smashing the castle?
pure win.

i half expected him to animate an army of washing implements and scrub all the students.
ill-tempered washing implements.

with friking laser beams attached to their foreheads.


err, sorry bout that, havent slept in a while.
i blaim my need to reread your entire storyine every time you release a chapter.
:P

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Sorry for the 2 week delay in my reply, but things have been busy.   Writing Filch on a power trip was a highlight.   To my knowledge it's never been done before, which says quite a bit considering the insane number of stories out there.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

Prospero Hibiki posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:04am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

A much better chapter than the last. This is of course still one of my favorite stories. And a refreshing read after a Mids shift at the Toilet Bowl. (People still laugh when I tell them about the nickname.)

Looking forward to the next.

-The Radioactive Mongoose

JBern replied:

MARF MARF MARF.   Sorry.   I've been replying to reviews for over 4 hours now to clear my backlog and the end is in sight.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

LordW posted a comment on Sunday 28th October 2007 12:01am for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Filch as the guy to bring down Hogwarts with his raw magical power...

That's originality at it's most awesome.

JBern replied:

Four hous later, I'm just about caught up on my review reply backlog.   Thanks for the compliment.   Next chapter coming soon.   Lie chapter 8 being written first.~Jim

djbe posted a comment on Saturday 27th October 2007 11:48pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Don't worry, unlike some othere 'dunderheads', we are patient! :D

JBern replied:

Thanks.     Sorry for the delay in my reply.   Next chapter is coming soon.   Lie chapter 8 coming first.~Jim

Darak1 posted a comment on Saturday 27th October 2007 11:39pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Yes, an update of your N °1 fic to me, always a good thing to read on a sunday although I suppose I couldn't press you to publish the next chapter on a sunday :D

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Sorry for my delayed response.   Next chapter is coming soon.   I need to write chapter 8 of Lie first.~Jim

skulLXeon posted a comment on Saturday 27th October 2007 10:16pm for The Craziest Boy You've Ever Seen

Another good chapter... the McGonagall thing is sad though... but another good chapter... and i'm looking forward to the rest of the encounters with the "backstabbers" lol... but other than that... good work as usual and see you around when you update...
whenever you feel the update is ready... =D

Adios for now...

AGX

JBern replied:

Holy crap!   4 hours later I'm caught up with the review replies.   Sorry for the delay, glad it continues to impress you.   Next chapter coming soon, but I have to write Lie chapter 8 first.~Jim