Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

kyoshi posted a comment on Thursday 20th February 2020 1:53am

Good so far, glad to see your back to writing. You are one of the best!

kyoshi posted a comment on Thursday 19th September 2019 2:10am

This is such a great story and it's a shame the author quit writing it.

marius1117 posted a comment on Saturday 18th May 2019 5:49am

great fic, cant wait for more chapters

soki posted a comment on Tuesday 28th June 2016 4:58pm

You've crafted a wonderful story and I can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Jonn_Wolfe posted a comment on Monday 31st August 2015 5:45pm

Hope this catches on again, because it's brill. Racetrack for a sort of S.O. is odd, but works. Like how you have Starbuck being a nacent mind reader, because that makes a large amount of sense to me. She does know JUST what to say to piss someone off, after all. LOL

Anyway, hope this comes back!

lazylion posted a comment on Wednesday 25th March 2015 3:02pm

Wow. It's been a year and it looks like my very favorite unfinished fan fiction of all time has been abandoned. Sigh. Oh, well. I'll guess I'll give all this money to somebody else, instead.

Nancy Austin posted a comment on Wednesday 1st October 2014 11:15pm

Hi

I know I'm "late to the party", but I'm hoping you don't have to abandon this story. It's a lot of fun to read.

Thanks,

Nancy

Crys posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2014 11:44am

Very much enjoyed the story, re-read or not. Hope it gets updated, eventually.

temp posted a comment on Wednesday 14th May 2014 11:30pm

This is really pretty good, hope you continue it.

Thanks for writing.

amulder posted a comment on Friday 31st January 2014 9:41am

Howdy,

Just wanted to say that I have been enjoying this series and hope to see it continued. It is one of the more unique crossovers out there.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 27th January 2014 11:57am

Just re-read this chapter. I love the story, and hope that everything is alright with you and that you'll update soon.

Thanks for the enjoyable story.

Tom A.

brianjt posted a comment on Friday 27th December 2013 4:25am

Wow. A good start to an original crossover idea. I really enjoyed reading this and it seems to be just picking up when the last chapter was posted. The Maggie / Harry dynamic was doing pretty well and the plot has a lot of potential.

I hope to read more of this, Thanks, BrianJT

Geoffrey posted a comment on Thursday 18th July 2013 10:08pm

I read your story. What there is of it so far, that is, and I found myself enjoying it, enough so that I gave Caprica a view. I was less pleased with the show. Moreso even, than with the BSG remake, which I felt took a nonsensical turn when cylon stormtroopers marched through town. Maybe I never really understood. But your story is better. Your jokes are right on, your pacing is steady, the characters are... no wait, it's still fanfiction, nevermind. But what I'm still waiting for is the main storyline to begin. Wait. Has it?

While you are, of course, under no obligation to continue writing, you must continue writing. Otherwise, endless torture. And pain. Lot's of pain. Understand? I might need to be reminded how to use the carrot.

lazylion posted a comment on Saturday 6th July 2013 10:23pm

Awww, come on! How much do we have to paypal you to continue writing this story? You've actually got me to watch the new BG (which I'd not ever done before; it always seemed too hoky). Now you give us a taste but don't put out the rest??? That's mean.. Come on! One more chapter. I'm not addicted; I can quit any time I want. I just don't feel like quitting reading this story yet, that's all...

bearblue posted a comment on Tuesday 28th May 2013 4:22pm

Great read. I very much look forward to seeing what happens next, should you offer it :)

chrwain01 posted a comment on Friday 3rd May 2013 4:35am

I didn't really expect to enjoy this one, having not really appreciated the new BSG, but your characterisation of Harry and Maggie has been a lot of fun. I especially like the way you haven't leapt in and given him the new language, or an instant familiarity with this strange new world

Likewise the world you have extrapolated/ created for them to meet in has been a lot of fun. Having not seen the series I can't really tell how much is you and how much might come from the 'origin' story, but I am reasonably confident that they never threw in all the imaginative details you have used to give the culture the depth it has in this story.

The tantalising inclusion of skills they will both need come the invasion gives me hope that this tale has a long way to go and I am already wondering if you are going to go down the route of one or the other joining up, or if instead they will end up fighting their own private war for a while.

I am therefore, in case you hadn't guessed, much looking forward to seeing where this one might go; wether that is Harry following Maggie for some college time romance while he works or something else entirely.

Thanks for sharing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more

gadriam posted a comment on Thursday 21st March 2013 2:14am

My apologies for forgoing the reviews so far. Mostly because this is a crossover to a universe i don't know at all. This of course places me rather firmly in Harrys shoes.

I like the entire setup with him as a "retard". He doesn't speak the language, can't read or write, so he just has to be a retard. Our word for uncivilised people, barbarian, also comes from ancient Greece, and refers to people who doesn't understand or speak Greek but insists on making "Barr barr" noises.. The condescending attitude from the "normals" is also a lot of fun. Maggie is very credible, as a rather protected teen rebel-without-a-cause. I do however find it odd that she's not more curious about Harry's inconsistencies. She really should do more spying. The Starbuck episode was illuminating, and it does fit with what little i have seen of the serie. All in all, i get that same feeling of intrinsic quality from this story as i did when i first started on "Bungle". I love.

Now, what kind of insane thing would i pull or plan in Harry's shoes? Cowhenge is a good one, but i would combine it with an overpowered ageing charm. Make it look ancient even to tests. With a great big hoopla of scientists, historians, priests and newsfolk nearby, it would be easy for him to slip away. Any kind of aged, found statue would be fantastic fun and great diversions. A self-portrait of the god "Haronius the clueless" perhaps? That might get some attention..=)

Good on yez, and i will now have to watch the entire series before your next installment. Sometimes self-employment is a really good thing..=)

g

crystalscan posted a comment on Monday 4th March 2013 9:09pm

Great chapter jbern! I've very much enjoyed your stories up till now, and have read some of your published work. Good luck on the next chapter, I can't wait!

By the way, I have never seen Battle Star Galactica, and you have done a great job of getting me interested and slowly introducing the world in a non confusing way (much easier than the show, actually.) I look forward to watching it when I finish your crossover. You should do more crossovers!

that1 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd March 2013 12:48pm

That was a fun chapter.

Mathew McCrillis posted a comment on Sunday 3rd March 2013 1:23am

Awww, that could have been fun, bouncing around spreading brand new urban myths about with transfigurations that would disappear in hours!

I like the new chapter, thanks for sharing!

Cheers~!