Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

noylj posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 5:12pm for The Things We Do For Love

Has our petulant nymph ever heard of "need to know?"
Too bad Nev couldn't get a more attractive slave. I don't care what happens to her, I just would like Nev to get over his psychosis. Killing DEs is good. Screwing around with your friends is bad.

JBern replied:

Well if need to know doesn't extend to your assigned bodyguard, then obviously, you don't need a bodyguard...

Neville's doing it for the cause!   Don't you get it?   They have to be stopped now!   Can't you see?   He's a hero!

Actually, there are several cliche Harry's running around Kill 'em all Harry (Neville), Independent free of all his bonds Harry (Draco - returning next chapter) and of course the real Harry in this story.   Some of them are on a collison course...

Jim

harryetty posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:45am for The Things We Do For Love

"The state of reanimation practice in Europe was truly deplorable."
Truly dreadful how young people have no appreciation for zombies these days. lol

JBern replied:

I'll answer as Voldemort, just for you....

It sickens me to see how poorly the wizarding youth of Europe are being prepared these days.   NEWTS and OWLS have become a joke.   Were I in charge, the magical folk would be better prepared for the horrors the Muggles might unleash.   We cannot hope to match the Muggles in numbers, but if we had a truly horrifying stockpile of Inferii ready to release at a moments notice, then we could rest easier.

For I say unto you, that the Muggles die by the thousands every day and I shed a tear for all those dead bodies that simply go to waste for lack of the proper schooling to utilize them...

Lord Voldemort

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 8:22am for The Things We Do For Love

Whoa, now that was intense, in several ways, whether Harry almost nonchalantly taking out the DE's, or the spell used on Lily's body, the way that Neville has gone further round the twist, and that Susan might be indanger from him it seems, I can't wait to see the next part, and to see what this might mean for the whole group facing Voldie now.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed the intensity.   After listening to people say over the past few chapters that this story has slipped, it's nice to hear that.~Jim

Ken Warner posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 6:45am for The Things We Do For Love

definitely worth it, especialy since you gave us the finale of Bungle in the mean time.

Philisophically, Does the body retain any portion of the personality that wore it from birth? Is it merely a puppet, with every movement controlled and willed by the instigator of the evil magic?

Is Neville just insane, or have the temptations of power put him the path to end up on the wrong side of Harry's wand before the end??

Great work, thanks so much for sharing it with us. I particularly enjoy the way Harry is becoming moire conscious of his responsibilities toward Susan..

Warmest regards

JBern replied:

It's pretty cool to go, 'I have a completed novel length story now...'   Of course this one will be topping 300K by the time it's done!

All good questions about the body and Neville's descent.   Too bad I can't answer!   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 6:11am for The Things We Do For Love

A most wonderful chapter. I look forward to seeing what is going to happen next. keep up the good work

thanks for sharing

'Mione

JBern replied:

Next chapter  in 2 weeks.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 5:42am for The Things We Do For Love

Lots of action in this one, and as always, I appreciate an interesting ritual.

Acme, huh? I guess I'll have to turn Snape into Daffy Duck <g>

And Neville is going to be interesting.

"T"

JBern replied:

Buhdeep Buhdeep Buhdeep!   That's all folks....

Sorry couldn't resist.~Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 4:45am for The Things We Do For Love

Your plotline seems to be growing ever more convoluted - yet I'm still enjoying reading! Glad you posted today. Thanks ~

JBern replied:

Glad you still find it enjoyable.   Have a great weekend!~Jim

DvorakQ posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:58am for The Things We Do For Love

Awesome update. I'm really liking Narcissa, she's amusing to read about.

JBern replied:

Imagine the mayhem if I teamed Narcissa up with Rita when she gets back to England...

Jim

Kinsfire posted a comment on Friday 18th May 2007 3:21am for The Things We Do For Love

I suspect that Tom has made his fatal error with this one. Unless you're dealing with the version of the revenant that CAN'T stop until their mission is done, even if you entirely destroy their body. (It supposedly reconstitutes somehow, and continues its mission.) If that's the case, then the only way for Harry to win is to die.

If they can be destroyed, then Tom made his mistake there. They're just bodies. Harry has no real love for them, and if anything, the act will simply make the destruction of Voldemort that much more horrific for Riddle.

It's sad about Neville, though. His "uncle" has turned him into the perfect revenge machine against the wizarding world. Just how many will Neville kill before he's put down like a rabid dog? His uncle will eventually convince him, I suspect, to turn on Susan and Harry. "Traitors to the cause" sort of thing, and he'll try to kill them.

*laugh* I suspect that the real purpose of this story is to depopulate the entire planet. (I'm joking, of course, but this one does have a high body count.)

JBern replied:

You'll have to wait and see for exactly how the Revenants are to be used, but I think you'll be pleased.   The body count isn't that high yet...

I think what really stands out are the deaths in this story are more meaningful and pack an emotional wallop.   Who really cares that Goyle dies?   He gets it in most every story!   But if I give you 500-1000 words of what's going on in his head, you're more attached to him when death comes calling for him.   The added shock value of Neville doing it was a plus though...

Glad you continue to enjoy, even though you stole the top spot from my story by posting a new chapter of yours.~Jim