Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

fountaam posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 10:28am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Lovely, though I can't wait for Kwan's take.

JBern replied:

I'm sure Kwan will have something interesting to say.~Jim

Stephen Mann posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 10:03am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Chilotha in Harry's body? Bwaahahahahahahahahaha! It's both an incredibly brilliant and devastatingly dangerous ploy. But that moment when Moldyshorts first hears it, that's the Kodak moment!

JBern replied:

So I guess you liked it?   Glad you did.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 9:55am for I Gotta Do It My Way

I liked all of this chapter but mostly Luna and Harry part. Lets not forget Narcissa and Harry dance. Old moldy will go nuclear. Thanks for the story.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.~Jim

DaZZa posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 9:47am for I Gotta Do It My Way

I'm loving this story arc - while the second person narration made me a bit wary of reading at first, it's grown on me, and you're doing an excellent job - keep up the good work!

JBern replied:

Glad I could make it grow on you.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

MadMax666 posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 9:46am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Okay....didn't see that one coming. Claiming that the spirit of Voldemort's mentor/vanquished enemy, inhabiting Harry Potter's body ought to stir up a few hornets. Of course, if word gets back to Bumblesnore via Snape, I can see him trying to "drive the evil Dark Lord" out of the "innocent boy."

An excellent story, though of course I do wish the author would update more frequently... But then, if wishes were horses, we'd be up to our necks in horseshit.

Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter...or three.

JBern replied:

Well from the "Look on Dumbledore's face will be priceless" line you can expect that Harry's going to tell him before Snape gets to.   Next update in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

PerfesserN posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 8:44am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Hmmmm, pretending to be a dark lord to make a dark lord do something rash - at what point will the darkness become part of who he really is.
Yep, it's fun to skip on the edge of a razor, innit?

JBern replied:

That's an astoundingly good question.   The answer is something you'll have to wait and see.~Jim

Hagrid posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 8:15am for I Gotta Do It My Way

I'm gonna need ter go back and read this again. Got so wound up in the last bit that I fergot all about the flirtation. Hmm, maybe hack put som'att in me mead...

JBern replied:

People are bugging me for a Hack and Hagrid buddy one shot.   I suppose it could be humorous.~Jim

Infin1x posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 7:48am for I Gotta Do It My Way

And the author said, "Let there be Harry/Luna," and it was good. Okay the demon in the pensieve scene was really disturbing and this last gambit of Harry's both amusing and interesting. Then there is "The Adventures of Hack and Assorted Gathered Wisdom" which is always good for a laugh and important pieces of knowledge such as "don't tempt the troll into pulling down his pants."

JBern replied:

Now this is what a big prick looks like.   :-)

Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

icmatinee posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 7:47am for I Gotta Do It My Way

The Harry/Luna flirtation is going nicely, but I have to start the "slow clap" for the dark lord pose. I am really looking forward to what you are going to do with that.

JBern replied:

Hope the slow clap continues to build as the chapters continue.~Jim

Cuey posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 7:23am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Great stuff Jim.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm trying pretty hard to put out quality.~Jim

bauer posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 6:12am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Only time will tell with the budding romance. I'm just happy that Hack has a new friend. Thank you for the latest chapter

JBern replied:

People have been asking me to write a Hagrid and Hack humor one shot.   I might have to do it sometime.~Jim

ken payne posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 5:55am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Bravo!

I really enjoyed the little bits of humor that you injected in the story.

I think maybe for reader's benefit, you might have broken up the chapter into two parts.

The scenes with Ron and Hermione, while necessary, seem a little long. I do love how you brought the Prince's potion book into play. I also love Ron saying he wished he had the prince fdor a teacher, that was classic. And Hermione actually gave a good argument for not using teh Prince's book. I don't remember her doning that in the HBP until the end.

I like, no I love how the people who betrated Harry think they were doing it for his and everyone's welfare. Too many times, it's just straight out betrayal. The bungle fic annoyed me a first because it seemed so cliched. I don't know if you changed you mind, or this was what you really had happening but it plays out really well now. So well, except for maybe Molly's obliviation, I can see this fitting into canon.


The Tonks scene rocks! Personally, I like Tonks, so I'm a bit dissapointed she's so dense, but again, it flows with the story well, and what we know of her from canon.

And last but not leat. The dance with Narcissa rocked. You've outdone yourself with creativity on this one, I just hope the rest of the fic can live up to the great start you have here.

The scene with Fleur was great, and her threatening him with Kwan was classic.

I've loved all your story's. I felt Fight the Coming Darkness lost a bit of steam near the end, so I hope this one doesn't. Bungle got stronger as you went along, so hopefully this one will as well.

Anyway. great job. Thanks for updating, and I can't wait for the next chapter of either story.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the long review.   I'll do my best to not let this loose steam.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.   I'm writing Lie chapter 9 this week.

Back in Bungle, you only had what little Harry knew of the situation.   Now you're getting some of the blanks filled in.   I didn't really change my mind, but assigned realistic motivations to the characters.

I like Tonks too, just not in this story.~Jim

 

Gardengirl posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 5:25am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Dude, great read! Thanks for the update. The Harry/Luna buildup has been great. I enjoy the cautious, uncertain flirtation, and the way they both recognize her Looniness as a defensive persona as well as a humor mechanism. I liked his conversation with Ron and look forward to seeing if this Ron is for real or not. I definitely think he should kick everyone out of Number 12 - sponging is just NOT good. Bill continues to be Way Too Cool, and I also like Harry's interactions with Fleur. Bravo!

JBern replied:

Thanks!       Nex chapter in 2-3 weeks.~Jim

Magnificent the Destroyer Lord posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 5:07am for I Gotta Do It My Way

*reads chap* **maniacal laughter* Man, that's great! I hope I never run into the person you got this bluff off of in a game of poker! I especially like the political battles in this fic - it's not very often you find a "Political" Harry fic as opposed tothe "Superman! Harry" fics that also has him with a small bit of power on the Wizengaot.

As to the wait, I'm of the mind that it takes as long as it takes, and not a bit sooner; this chapter was DEFINITELY worth he wait!

Merry Christmas or wateer you celebrate

M*T*D*L*

JBern replied:

Harry's got to play the political game as well as the warrior part.   Next chapter in 2-3 weeks.   I hope you had an enjoyable holiday season as well.~Jim

Lufio posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 5:03am for I Gotta Do It My Way

--,'{@

Oh, dude! That was great!
His pretending to pretend
Is a nice plot point.

-[ Oh, I look forward to the mileage you're going to get with that Harry Potter pretending to be a Dark Lord pretending to be Harry Potter plot device. There's so much fun to be had there.

The drunken adventures of Hack and Hagrid should continue as a running gag in the background. And Harry should keep being honest and forthright about what Luna does to him. Nothing wrong with Harry being confident enough to tell the girl that he really wants her. I look forward to him being comfortable enough at Hogwarts to get to that point. ]-

JBern replied:

I've already gotten a few reviews and PMs requesting a Hack and Hagrid one shot.   There will be plenty of opportunity for humor ahead.~Jim

nezza posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 4:45am for I Gotta Do It My Way

brilliant update Jim worth the wait

the harry luna thing is good and i love the new twist at the ned there

can't wait for the the lie i lived update

JBern replied:

I'll be working on Lie chapter 9 later today.~Jim

Merlin323545 posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 3:48am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Masterful. I can't get enough of your fanfiction. Every chapter you seem to top yourself and come up with something new that makes the story even better.

I am also a big fan of the second person in this fic. It sets it apart from most of the others and makes it quite enjoyable to read.

Happy Holidays.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   Hopefully when chapter 9 of Lie comes out you'll be going "Darn, now I like this one better!"~Jim

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 3:35am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Wow. What a chapter. Despite the fact that no one tried to kill Harry this chapter, it was exiting. Dobby was hilarious, Dumbledore was annoying (loved that I don’t know which would be more hazardous to your health, Dumbledore as your friend, or your enemy...."); I'm not sure I believe Ron; Umbridge as a spying ambassidor? Might as well throw the information away before reading; Tonk's scene was good; Hagrid's was funny.

Really loved the Harry/Luna interaction. It would be interesting (but probably outside the scope of the story) for him to teach her to be an animagus.

But the crowning achievement was the Malfoy scene. That was just brilliant! Harry's plan floored me.

Just hope that it doesn't get back to Dumbledore and have DD attack Harry thinking it's true.

Good job! Thank you so much!

Tom A.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Glad you really appreciated the chapter.   I'd been waiting for a long time to have a proper scene or two together.   Though I don't expect nothing but sunny skies for the two of them.

Harry wants to keep Riddle and perhaps Dumbledore as off balance as he usually is.   Sounds like a good plan to me, but naturally it could blow up spectacularly.~Jim

mjc posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 2:26am for I Gotta Do It My Way

The way Ron describes love potions makes a hell of a lot of sense...the mild ones are nothing more than mild aphrodisiacs, the stronger ones getting into the 'date rape' drug class (very frowned upon, if not actually illegal) or Viagra and the strong ones are right out...

Luna...shy and timid around guys...yeah, I can see that. Loony really isn't, but hey what's an alter ego for if you can't act out a few fantasies you are to 'chicken' to do in 'real life'.

Fleur...sisterly? Umm, only Foxworthy's world. (Now, since we know that Bill enjoys watching Muggle shows that would be something to make Harry turn beet red in a later chapter...something like this...

Harry walks into the room drinking a Butterbeer.

TV: "You might be a redneck if you go to a wedding to pick up chicks."

Harry: spit take.

Bill: "What the hell was that for?" Wiping the rest of Harry's Butterbeer from his face.

Harry: Glances at Fleur: "She IS NOT my sister, thank you very much! Now I am going to go obliviate myself."

Tonks/Remus...funny how they aren't grasping the obvious here. Like most 6 year olds they can't grasp that asking for permission is (or at least informing Harry of what exactly is going on and showing a little remorse) going to be the easy way out of a world of shit. Way back in Bungle, didn't Harry admit to Bill that he would probably allow his money to be used pretty much how it is being used...if he was just asked about it? Sheesh...they make Crabbe and Goyle look like bloody effing geniuses.

Narcissa...disturbing. Just plain out right sick.

As they were ascending the stairs, Harry whispers into Madame Dimpero's ear, "Where do you keep the brain bleach around here?"

We can't be so lucky that Tom will suffer anything like a heart attack from Cissy's report, now can we?

JBern replied:

Well Vane did buy them from WWW in canon, so mild love potions have a certain level of acceptance in society.

Luna and Harry are enjoying the good times, but the road ahead is rougher.   Here's my relationship advice for any of you reading this.   Getting a relationship started is tough.   Keeping it going is even tougher, but the end is worth it.

Tonks only sees Harry through her relationship with Remus a reminder that not everyone lives in a Harrycentric world.

Thanks for the long review.~Jim

Rift120 posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 1:34am for I Gotta Do It My Way

Very nice... especially Harry's little plan to make voldielocks panic... although wiht his earlier warning from hte memory of the daemon, one must ownder if he inadvertantly spoke a little bit of truth...

JBern replied:

Well Harry doesn't have any respect for Voldy's planning capabilities.   Year 4 he spent all this convoluted effort to get Harry to the center of the maze and his master plan for year 5 was to get Harry to sneak into the DOM?

As for Daemon's and Daemonic influence, that's tough to say, just stay tuned.   :-)

Jim