Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Jon posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 6:35pm for Code of the Marauders

It's great, beta-ed or not! Just out of curiosity, will Fleur begin to suspect HJ? When she kissed Prong's head, did she "smell" anything resembling HJ's scent? Anyway, Aimee's character is really well done, I'm abit torn between her and Fleur for HJ's heart....
Will HJ by any chance venture for a possibly dangerous dance with the annoyed 1/4 Veela during the Yule Ball? =p

By the way, I thought Peeves could not see through the cloak, which was what happened in the Chapter "Through the Trapdoor" in the Philospher's Stone...
Or maybe it differs for different poltergeist?

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

JBern replied:

There's always a chance that Fleur will begin to suspect HJ.   Considering, I used Aimee as a DE in TFtCD, I'm glad you appreciate the turnaround.

Of course HJ and Fleur will dance at some point.   Sparks will fly, but I'm not sure if that's the good or a bad thing.

Peeves may not have been able to see through the cloak, but   the German   poltergeist is another matter altogether.

dave gerecke posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 6:11pm for Code of the Marauders

Great chapter
dave

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.

romero posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 4:57pm for Code of the Marauders

Wonderful update. You are so creative and clever. Congratulations on the new baby girl.

JBern replied:

My wife deserves more credit than I do.   Thanks for the review.

Zicou posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 4:17pm for Code of the Marauders

Waouh ... I'm .....
That was absolutely great,
Contiunuuuuuuuuuuue!

Z.

JBern replied:

I'm glad you liked it.   Next up is turn me loose chapter nine in roughly two weeks.   The next chapter of this story should follow two weeks after that.

Magus posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 4:12pm for Code of the Marauders

I had imagined some explosives for the puzzle room after all, lets not forget the nearly magical qualities of explosives, however, to use a golem!!!

Thank you, as usual an excellent chapter, full of those small snips from the hat that you know will make your week worth it

JBern replied:

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the sorting hat so much.   Here and was hoping that when most people saw that HJ and built a golem, that they would think he was going to go the battering ram route.   Oh well, I guess I could not fool all of you.

Wolfric posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 4:05pm for Code of the Marauders

Great chapter. I loved the task, the spying and the almost being fed to a dragon. I don't suppose Dumbledore would let a little thing like betrayal get in the way of protecting Snape. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

I'm glad you liked the chapter.   It turned out to be the longest one of the story to date.   Hopefully, I will continue to deliver quality over quantity and you readers will continue to reward me with reviews.

fountaam posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 4:03pm for Code of the Marauders

Wonderful! Lovely! And Congrats*2!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the review and the well wishes.

MOD posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 3:27pm for Code of the Marauders

Brilliant... as usual. This story continues to exhibit the corny and unique brand of humour that you have made your personal style. Really enjoyed it and awaiting your next update.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the review.   Chapter nine of turn me loose in about two weeks.   The next chapter of the story should follow about two weeks after that.   Naturally, any time I see the word corny I'm inclined to make a poop joke.   For the sake of decorum, I will pass this time.

Jizzle posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 2:51pm for Code of the Marauders

That was beautiful. Plan can't go boom if plan is boom.

Also, yay shitstorm!

I'm sorry I don't have more of a review for such a hearty and excellent chapter. Congratulations on the daughter.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the well wishes and the review.   Explosions always make things better.

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:58pm for Code of the Marauders

Thanks for the update. Very good. Chapter still too short.

JBern replied:

Well, it's the longest chapter of the story.   It actually felt a little long to me.   Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Spidey posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:39pm for Code of the Marauders

Simply Bloody Fantastic Mate, you are dong an awesome job.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   It's nice to hear people telling me that.   Next up is chapter nine of turn me loose in roughly two weeks.   The next chapter of the story will follow roughly two weeks after that.

Shepherd posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:28pm for Code of the Marauders

A brilliant chapter. I enjoy how you balanced Harry's total victory in the puzzle room with his total defeat at staff fighting. I look forward to the future tasks, continued romantic subplots, and more death eater politics.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Im glad you enjoyed it.   I haven't had much time to swing by Bob's forum lately.

Hopefully, the rest of the story will be just as impressive.

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:14pm for Code of the Marauders

Congratulations on the new daughter.

Another excellent chapter, thank you.

Much to love here: from the 'ships to the tasks and HJ's performance in them. Nice to see no obvious cheating, this time, and that HJ is not a Gary Stu.

It looks like HJ will have to dodge that evil poltergeist when he's outside the castle? As well as the game poachers. Glad you showed a direct glimpse at the wizards casual regard for magical animals as sources of food, etc.
That's one thing that's always bothered me about canon -- which brushed aside any qualms about where or how they were getting all that monster food, hide, and parchment. I'm not a PETA nut but I do believe in kosher and humane treatment of my food.

Of course, the death eaters will weasel out of this latest outrage, right?
Can HJ challenge the resident DE's to a duel, or press charges, for illegal Veritaserum use?

Leaving the hat with a golem to play with seems to be a clear-cut case of criminal negligence! ;-)

JBern replied:

Thanks for the well-wishes on the new daughter.   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and yes, the poltergeist will in all likelihood turn up at an inconvenient point for HJ.

We'll only can say about the animal rights thing his dragon livers 17 sickles per ounce.   I guess that would suck to be the dragon.

Oh I'm sure there'll be fallout from that last scene.   You can count on that.   Thanks again for the review.

jakjakattk posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:05pm for Code of the Marauders

that chapter was fucking awesome. I was hoping that the shit eater would be out of the book by now but I guess I will have to wait a while to see to bend over and in some yoga twisted origami to lick their ass holes good bye. I will be waiting for the next chapter eagerly.

Ya, that's a good review.

JBern replied:

The next chapter of the story will be in about four weeks.   We will see what happens to your favorite death eater then.

Jim Edge posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 12:41pm for Code of the Marauders

Excellent work Jim. Can't wait to see the shit storm that comes from that little admission! Congrats on the daughter, I have a 2 month old son myself so I know the feeling.

JBern replied:

The first few months are good times aren't they?   The little ones can roll over or crawl on their own yet...

Thanks for the review.   I have to continue impressing you in the future.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 11:27am for Code of the Marauders

Outstanding chapter!!!! Congrats on the baby!!!! Will the next chapter include the aftermath of Harry's revelations at the end of this chapter???? Will Dumbledore be able to keep Harry out of trouble for ease dropping on Snape and Chancre Sore???? Will Harry still be the winner of the TWT???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

Thank you for the well-wishes.   Yes, the next chapter will include the aftermath of Harry's revelations at the end of the chapter.  

theM posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 11:02am for Code of the Marauders

Well damn, you're really making things interesting now. With Snape there, I can't help but wonder who else is. The school heads, Snape... Probably Madam Pomfrey. And Bagman or some other ministry representative pretty much HAS to be there, which means Dumbledore can't just sweep this under the rug even if he wants to. Shitstorm indeed :) I don't suppose you're willing to let me know who else actually is there...

Another sneaky detail I noticed was Amelia being sacked. She was the one that was to get Sirius declared innocent, yet Harry seems to take it in stride. Funny how we keep coming back to the politics of the situation.

JBern replied:

Hopefully things were interesting before!   After all, it's 15 chapters into the story.   Well, the six champions are there.   Their advisors are there.   The judges are there.   Beyond that, I am not telling.

I see you noticed the little thing about Amelia.   Wonder how that will shape events of the future?

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:50am for Code of the Marauders

Oh, that's awesome. If he had to get caught while under potion, at least he made sure he gave as good or better than he got. Of course, Dumbledore will excuse Snape's "role". Let's just hope there was press and witnesses to the veritiserum administration.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Thanks as always for the review.   Even if Dumbledore tries to protect him, Igor rightly pointed out that the old wizards influence is on the wane.

It might not help good old professor Snape.

Next chapter of the story in four weeks.

kate19 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:45am for Code of the Marauders

congratulations with the addition to the family!! also i like both stories which you are alternating between. can't wait for the new chapter from TML! bye

JBern replied:

Thank you.   The next chapter of turn me loose is in two weeks.   Chapter of the story should follow in roughly two weeks after that.

DaZZa posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:40am for Code of the Marauders

Sterling story telling, just sterling. No matter the wait, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Congratulations on the birth - may she sleep well enough to allow her parents respite!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   The next chapter of this story will be in roughly four weeks.   The new baby daughter is sleeping fairly well so far.   Just keep your fingers crossed.