Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Jearom posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:11am for Code of the Marauders

Holy Crap! Great cliffies JBern. Dumbledore can't exactly brush this under the rug can he?

JBern replied:

I don't know.   Have you seen the size of Dumbledore's rugs?   They're probably very large.   Thanks for the review.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:58am for Code of the Marauders

Yet ANOTHER great chapter. Do you know how to write crappy chapters? I dearly hope not (and by reading this I wouldn't believe it if someone told me you did!)

Congrats on the new daughter! Hopefully she lets you sleep again soon :D.

Great, great, great, we need more...

JBern replied:

Well, a good deal of credit for me not writing crappy chapters goes to the folks at Alpha fight club.   The next chapter in the story will be in roughly four weeks.   Thank you for the review.

Asad posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:52am for Code of the Marauders

A very enjoyable chapter. KUTGW!

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   I'm glad you enjoyed.

vasilis01 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:43am for Code of the Marauders

Excellent update but i just have to say that i hate cliffies. Update as soon as you can. Congratulation on your newborn daughter.

JBern replied:

Do you hate cliffhangers or do you love to hate cliffhangers?   I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:35am for Code of the Marauders

I don't recall any penalties being mentioned about visiting the ship, since HJ was not spying on his competition. There shouldn't be any penalty -- but a heck of an uproar!

Congrats on the sale!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I keep joking that I'm not exactly taking the literary world by storm -more like a drizzle, but I'll take every sale I can get.   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter of the story.   More updates coming soon.

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:22am for Code of the Marauders

Well atleast he got THEM in trouble instead of him. I'm sure they'll quite forget that he was the one there by the time Dumbledore is finished with them.

JBern replied:

I figured turnabout is fair play.   Our lead character is getting tired of being a doormat.   I'm glad he liked the chapter more updates coming soon.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:21am for Code of the Marauders

The hat with his own golem body... is it just me or does anyone else see that as a disaster waiting to happen? Hehehe. I can just imagine the hat demanding a certain attachment be added.

"I'm not a friggin' ken doll! Give he some danglies!"

JBern replied:

Of course it's a disaster waiting to happen.   The only question is who is it a disaster for?

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:17am for Code of the Marauders

Awesome! The golem was wonderful - mayhap I should ahve seen it comoing considering what HJ conjoured in the duel with Cedric.

Ona personal note, congratulations! :D I wish you, both daughters and your ladyfriend nothing but the best :) Don't worry about your fanfic updates Mr JBern, family first and all that :D

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   You are correct that I foreshadowed this with the spell during the duel with Cedric.   Thank you for the well-wishes on my family.

Bedrup posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:56am for Code of the Marauders

Awesome!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   I'm glad you enjoyed.   More updates coming soon.

J.D. Nicholai posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:51am for Code of the Marauders

Excellent closing interrogation, I would have loved to see the comments HJ gave through the staff fights instead of just the end though.

JBern replied:

When I outlined it, the staff duels seemed somewhat dull and our favorite Hogwarts student wasn't doing so hot.   Since he is telling the story, I figured that he would kind of gloss over the portions of the competition where he  got his butt handed to him.

DobbyElfLord posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:21am for Code of the Marauders

Great chapter!

I loved Harry's resolution to the puzzle challenge, but what happens when Hat shows up at the next Sorting wearing the golem body? Suddenly the Twins 'troll wrestleing' story won't seem so far fetched!

Congrats on the new little one! Enjoy this age. Mine are both teenagers.

On a serious note, would you mind if I used your 'Code of the Marauders' in Balancing Destinies? I have a great use for it.

Good luck with all your writing.

Rick
DobbyElfLord

JBern replied:

Go ahead and use the code of the marauders in your story.   I am flattered.   I hadn't thought would the new body meant to next year's sorting.   It brings a smile to my face.

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 7:55am for Code of the Marauders

I feel your pain with your newborn. I had managed to keep updating my fics weekly for about 5 month when my daughter was born last year, but now I'm lucky to get one update a month with ANY of my fics.

That's one helluva cliffy too. Most impressive! I wonder how you're going to work your way out of this one. Can't wait for the next update of both this and TML.

No matter how long the wait, your updates are always well worth it.

JBern replied:

Oh no!   A five month old can get into all kinds of trouble.

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter next up is chapter nine of turn me loose in about two weeks.

Kaerion posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 7:26am for Code of the Marauders

Excellent chapter!! With this, Lie takes the #1 spot on my list of most anticipated and favorite fics, all by itself, and it's more than deserved. I'm impressed by all the different strategies you thought up for beating the Puzzle Room, but HJ's solution was a work of art - pure beauty! Giving the Hat access to a golem (especially once he's upgraded it), is quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen in a fic, though... :P

And the ending, as usual, has me at the edge of my seat, wishing the next chapter was coming tomorrow! As far as I can remember, I'm pretty sure he hasn't broken any Tournament rules, so I'm hoping there's nothing anyone can do about his win, even after his confession, and I have a feeling that his revelation (combined with the fact that Karkaroff broke the rules by asking the question in the first place) will end up causing more trouble for Karkaroff and Snape, than HJ will get in for sneaking aboard the ship.

Any chance you'll confirm or deny that his win stands, and that the pensieve is his, so it won't annoy me until the next chapter, btw? :)

But keep up the great work, and don't worry about any delays in posting new chapters; even those of us without children realize how much time they take up. And if you didn't put her before us (even if we are your trusted and beloved fans ;) ), I'd be worried.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   I'm glad  you liked the different flavors that I used for the champions tactics.   I'm still trying to decide on the upgrades to the sorting hat's new body.

When I gave up the point goals at the end of the chapter that included harry's victory in this event.   I'm sure a stink will be raised about him being on the ship, but it has nothing to do to  with the tournament.

Ben10 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 7:10am for Code of the Marauders

I love the ending. I can only imagine the look on Snape's face that quickly replaced the one of triumph.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Taegeous posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 7:05am for Code of the Marauders

a very impressive chapter.

JBern replied:

Thank you very much.

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 6:31am for Code of the Marauders

A most excellant chapter!

I liked the rising and falling action of HJ being caught and almost fed to the dragons.

Having him lose the staff duels at least kept him from becoming larger than life.

I thought that was a good solution to the puzzle room and I thought you designed a very good task.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and really sleep is over rated. ;-)

JBern replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed all the action in the chapter.   The next installment of this story will be in roughly four weeks.   Thanks for the well-wishes.

riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 6:31am for Code of the Marauders

Interesting chapter

JBern replied:

Thank you very much.

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 6:13am for Code of the Marauders

It isn't surprising that HJ went winless in the staff competition; he's magically powerful, yeah, but he's small for his age and he's three years younger than his opponents which compounds it. Being small isn't conducive to winning with staffs.

That golem, however, was a damn impressive bit of magic. No wonder Dumbledore is getting suspicious. Nice work overall.

Damn you for the cliffhanger! ARGH!

JBern replied:

Oh come on now,  you know you love the cliffhangers.   They are what keeps you coming back for more.