Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:14pm

Congratulations on the new daughter.

Another excellent chapter, thank you.

Much to love here: from the 'ships to the tasks and HJ's performance in them. Nice to see no obvious cheating, this time, and that HJ is not a Gary Stu.

It looks like HJ will have to dodge that evil poltergeist when he's outside the castle? As well as the game poachers. Glad you showed a direct glimpse at the wizards casual regard for magical animals as sources of food, etc.
That's one thing that's always bothered me about canon -- which brushed aside any qualms about where or how they were getting all that monster food, hide, and parchment. I'm not a PETA nut but I do believe in kosher and humane treatment of my food.

Of course, the death eaters will weasel out of this latest outrage, right?
Can HJ challenge the resident DE's to a duel, or press charges, for illegal Veritaserum use?

Leaving the hat with a golem to play with seems to be a clear-cut case of criminal negligence! ;-)

JBern replied:

Thanks for the well-wishes on the new daughter.   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and yes, the poltergeist will in all likelihood turn up at an inconvenient point for HJ.

We'll only can say about the animal rights thing his dragon livers 17 sickles per ounce.   I guess that would suck to be the dragon.

Oh I'm sure there'll be fallout from that last scene.   You can count on that.   Thanks again for the review.

jakjakattk posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 1:05pm

that chapter was fucking awesome. I was hoping that the shit eater would be out of the book by now but I guess I will have to wait a while to see to bend over and in some yoga twisted origami to lick their ass holes good bye. I will be waiting for the next chapter eagerly.

Ya, that's a good review.

JBern replied:

The next chapter of the story will be in about four weeks.   We will see what happens to your favorite death eater then.

Jim Edge posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 12:41pm

Excellent work Jim. Can't wait to see the shit storm that comes from that little admission! Congrats on the daughter, I have a 2 month old son myself so I know the feeling.

JBern replied:

The first few months are good times aren't they?   The little ones can roll over or crawl on their own yet...

Thanks for the review.   I have to continue impressing you in the future.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 11:38am

Hi, I don't know ifyou will read this but I think that you have an adult winner here. So much of the writing in this chapter is the Double Entandre' type of wording that I really think that a teenager would not be able to get the full flavor of the story. I am loving it.

JBern replied:

Well, I do  write for mature audiences.   I'm glad you can appreciate that.   Next chapter of the story in roughly four weeks and I hope to hear from you again.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 11:27am

Outstanding chapter!!!! Congrats on the baby!!!! Will the next chapter include the aftermath of Harry's revelations at the end of this chapter???? Will Dumbledore be able to keep Harry out of trouble for ease dropping on Snape and Chancre Sore???? Will Harry still be the winner of the TWT???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

Thank you for the well-wishes.   Yes, the next chapter will include the aftermath of Harry's revelations at the end of the chapter.  

theM posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 11:02am

Well damn, you're really making things interesting now. With Snape there, I can't help but wonder who else is. The school heads, Snape... Probably Madam Pomfrey. And Bagman or some other ministry representative pretty much HAS to be there, which means Dumbledore can't just sweep this under the rug even if he wants to. Shitstorm indeed :) I don't suppose you're willing to let me know who else actually is there...

Another sneaky detail I noticed was Amelia being sacked. She was the one that was to get Sirius declared innocent, yet Harry seems to take it in stride. Funny how we keep coming back to the politics of the situation.

JBern replied:

Hopefully things were interesting before!   After all, it's 15 chapters into the story.   Well, the six champions are there.   Their advisors are there.   The judges are there.   Beyond that, I am not telling.

I see you noticed the little thing about Amelia.   Wonder how that will shape events of the future?

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:50am

Oh, that's awesome. If he had to get caught while under potion, at least he made sure he gave as good or better than he got. Of course, Dumbledore will excuse Snape's "role". Let's just hope there was press and witnesses to the veritiserum administration.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Thanks as always for the review.   Even if Dumbledore tries to protect him, Igor rightly pointed out that the old wizards influence is on the wane.

It might not help good old professor Snape.

Next chapter of the story in four weeks.

kate19 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:45am

congratulations with the addition to the family!! also i like both stories which you are alternating between. can't wait for the new chapter from TML! bye

JBern replied:

Thank you.   The next chapter of turn me loose is in two weeks.   Chapter of the story should follow in roughly two weeks after that.

DaZZa posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:40am

Sterling story telling, just sterling. No matter the wait, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Congratulations on the birth - may she sleep well enough to allow her parents respite!

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   The next chapter of this story will be in roughly four weeks.   The new baby daughter is sleeping fairly well so far.   Just keep your fingers crossed.

Jearom posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 10:11am

Holy Crap! Great cliffies JBern. Dumbledore can't exactly brush this under the rug can he?

JBern replied:

I don't know.   Have you seen the size of Dumbledore's rugs?   They're probably very large.   Thanks for the review.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:58am

Yet ANOTHER great chapter. Do you know how to write crappy chapters? I dearly hope not (and by reading this I wouldn't believe it if someone told me you did!)

Congrats on the new daughter! Hopefully she lets you sleep again soon :D.

Great, great, great, we need more...

JBern replied:

Well, a good deal of credit for me not writing crappy chapters goes to the folks at Alpha fight club.   The next chapter in the story will be in roughly four weeks.   Thank you for the review.

Asad posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:52am

A very enjoyable chapter. KUTGW!

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   I'm glad you enjoyed.

vasilis01 posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:43am

Excellent update but i just have to say that i hate cliffies. Update as soon as you can. Congratulation on your newborn daughter.

JBern replied:

Do you hate cliffhangers or do you love to hate cliffhangers?   I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:35am

I don't recall any penalties being mentioned about visiting the ship, since HJ was not spying on his competition. There shouldn't be any penalty -- but a heck of an uproar!

Congrats on the sale!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I keep joking that I'm not exactly taking the literary world by storm -more like a drizzle, but I'll take every sale I can get.   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter of the story.   More updates coming soon.

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:22am

Well atleast he got THEM in trouble instead of him. I'm sure they'll quite forget that he was the one there by the time Dumbledore is finished with them.

JBern replied:

I figured turnabout is fair play.   Our lead character is getting tired of being a doormat.   I'm glad he liked the chapter more updates coming soon.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:21am

The hat with his own golem body... is it just me or does anyone else see that as a disaster waiting to happen? Hehehe. I can just imagine the hat demanding a certain attachment be added.

"I'm not a friggin' ken doll! Give he some danglies!"

JBern replied:

Of course it's a disaster waiting to happen.   The only question is who is it a disaster for?

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 9:17am

Awesome! The golem was wonderful - mayhap I should ahve seen it comoing considering what HJ conjoured in the duel with Cedric.

Ona personal note, congratulations! :D I wish you, both daughters and your ladyfriend nothing but the best :) Don't worry about your fanfic updates Mr JBern, family first and all that :D

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   You are correct that I foreshadowed this with the spell during the duel with Cedric.   Thank you for the well-wishes on my family.

Bedrup posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:56am

Awesome!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   I'm glad you enjoyed.   More updates coming soon.

J.D. Nicholai posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:51am

Excellent closing interrogation, I would have loved to see the comments HJ gave through the staff fights instead of just the end though.

JBern replied:

When I outlined it, the staff duels seemed somewhat dull and our favorite Hogwarts student wasn't doing so hot.   Since he is telling the story, I figured that he would kind of gloss over the portions of the competition where he  got his butt handed to him.

DobbyElfLord posted a comment on Saturday 23rd August 2008 8:21am

Great chapter!

I loved Harry's resolution to the puzzle challenge, but what happens when Hat shows up at the next Sorting wearing the golem body? Suddenly the Twins 'troll wrestleing' story won't seem so far fetched!

Congrats on the new little one! Enjoy this age. Mine are both teenagers.

On a serious note, would you mind if I used your 'Code of the Marauders' in Balancing Destinies? I have a great use for it.

Good luck with all your writing.

Rick
DobbyElfLord

JBern replied:

Go ahead and use the code of the marauders in your story.   I am flattered.   I hadn't thought would the new body meant to next year's sorting.   It brings a smile to my face.