Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 2nd March 2013 4:15pm

Hmm. Good job showing Harry's progression with the language. Believable level of progress and still a little stilted. His talk with Helo at the end was perhaps a bit more coherent than you meant, though. But you didn't want him to be seen as an idiot, I guess.

Update on the status of the elves and the greenhouse. Nice to see he's going to have at least some income once he's "released into the wild".

Oh, and nice job of threading the fact that there is at least some form of magic on the colonies.

So we meet more canon characters. And clearly Helo and Starbuck are several years older. Which we've already discussed before.

Starbuck won't remember him, but Karl might.

Something you'll need to address sooner or later: if both Dobby and Winky make it to the fleet (if the story makes it that far), they are the only members of their species here. Unless you pull some magical answer out of the air, the species is doomed from a purely genetic standpoint.

Fun story. Looking forward to more.

Katsuhito posted a comment on Saturday 2nd March 2013 12:24pm

Nice chapter. I'm glad we started seeing some main characters from the series now. Gotta admit, Kara Thrace is my fav, and not just 'cause they changed starbuck to be female. Also liked the development with Harry and Maggie. It'll be interesting to see if that actually goes anywhere.

So, I didn't actually bother to math it out until now, but Harry's going to be approx 27 when the colonies fall to the Cylons? That will make him about the same age as Kara and Lee right, or a tad younger? Hm... I wonder if Harry is going to join flight school and Kara gets involved with him, instead of Zak. That would be a major change, affecting how they both relate to the Adamas, since that means Kara would likely fail Zak, instead of passing him. Heh, Harry, Kara and Lee could become a new "golden trio" of the Galactica.

Well, enough of my theorizing and what not. I look forward to the next chapter. :)

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 23rd February 2013 1:07pm

I don't know Battlestar Galactica, but I am enjoying this greatly. I applaud you for not taking the easy way out and having the problem with language. That is hard for authors to do, not Duex Ex Machina or handwave problems away.

dragonheck posted a comment on Monday 11th February 2013 12:07pm

good work a little sad the chapters stopped for now

Crys posted a comment on Monday 4th February 2013 1:43pm

> No doubt some nonmagical Colonial equivalent of the Lovegoods were out there planning an expedition. *snicker*

>"Take skin from Dobby, Harry Potter will." . . . in Yoda grammar.

that wound sounded like quite the mess. Ugly solution to the problem, but as Harry is completely out of his element, that's the reasonable best he could do with tools in hand.

Lots of little updates. Oh, and I caught the reference to the date, so at least we know we are not massively off with timeframes. The transition doesn't take 200 years or anything.

And the story with the fight means that likely no more help is incoming. Missing the stone cuts off that method of communication, too, as well as breaking up the Hallows.

Liked the chapter. Looking forward to more.

Mathew McCrillis posted a comment on Saturday 2nd February 2013 11:15pm

Another interesting chapter, very nice foundation work.

Cheers!

Jason9 posted a comment on Saturday 2nd February 2013 11:04am

I've never watched BattleStar Galactica in my life, but I find myself enjoying this story quite a bit. It feels a bit hurried in places (probably due to the fact that I'm not familar with BG at all, and am therefore missing background which adds depth), but maybe I've just read too much George RR Martin.

Keep up the good work - I enjoy all the stories you write!

Hidohebi posted a comment on Friday 1st February 2013 11:02pm

plot building with a whole slew of different directions to go. Enjoyable read, would expect nothing less. Keep up the good work.

Glacialis1 posted a comment on Friday 1st February 2013 9:41pm

Great chapter. I loved the "Auditory illusion" concept. Good to see that you are still keeping Harry Human by forgetting about faking other signs that he was really retching. I will have to go back and read the other chapters again, I don't remember when/how you made Harry Master of the Elder Wand, and am curious what role that may play. Thanks for sharing your creative Genius!

Tverret1 posted a comment on Wednesday 30th January 2013 8:56am

Liking this!

Glacialis1 posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2013 11:46am

A good set-up chapter to lay groundwork for the next transition. Not exciting but not boring either.

Crys posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2013 6:55am

Sending Dobby (Little D) out on scavenging trips will at least keep him occupied. Might want to let him keep his eyes open for any magical flora, fauna, or items (or potential items), not just magical herbs.

Hmm. Between Harry's comment of an inaccessible spot and warding, that could be how he rides out the holocaust. Eventually gets together with Anders or a similar group, maybe, just to give him a canon way into the fleet.

*laugh* good idea to have Maggie's fight become wildly popular back "home". And the bit of news about the family that they left is interesting. They seem to have landed on their feet, which is not what Maggie's mother expected. She left strictly because she was the only one left with an income, as I recall.

And another, more blatant comment that Winky is incoming.

So things are shaping up.

Curious on why Harry is having what appears to be a overly difficult time learning the language. Okay, fine, difficulty starting out, but what seems to be a legitimate learning disability? Ah, well, it keeps him tied down near Maggie if nothing else.

Looking forward to more.

mwinter posted a comment on Thursday 24th January 2013 11:45pm

Awaiting more.

Hidohebi posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2013 1:35am

Interesting spin, and like most of your work is well written. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 19th January 2013 2:56pm

good idea on Harry producing a "hiding" space

> see what Helga's cup is going to give me tonight huh. more info on the Cup, just a bit confusing. Almost sounds like the Cup decides what to give him instead of him making any kind of choice. But later it's clear that he chooses what to drink (the firewhiskey).

*heavy blink* Dobby!? Huh. Okay, so a bit of an update on the going's on at home.

*evil grin* what's the "speed" of magic? what if Harry's mirror call to AD actually worked, but it'd take months / years to work? So AD will get a call eventually, but mirror-Harry doesn't react to what he's saying. Then Harry later gets AD's call . . . Think the time-lag when communicating with the Mars rover, only far, far worse.

Come to that, maybe if Harry asks Dobby what date he thinks it is and compares it to the "I think it's May", that may either give info of lag or prove transfers are instantaneous.

So if Dobby nearly killed himself trying (and utterly failing) to send himself and Harry home, wonder what happened to AD in sending Dobby here?

Winky's on her way? Let's hope she shows up in the middle of the night (and no security cameras in the museum?) and not in the middle of the day with a school outing walking around. That could be just a bit awkward.

Liked how you set up that catfight scene. Some of those quips were clever for a teen, but most were just crude (as befitting a couple juniors / seniors in high school).

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Saturday 19th January 2013 3:48am

Loving this story. Well one on the crossover. It's believable and so far it's a very enjoyable read. Thank ou.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 18th January 2013 6:03pm

This is a lot of fun, even though I don't know the new BG. (Questions on BG1979 - I'll answer :-) It's quite enjoyable.

Hmmm, with Winki and Dobby here - a new race of house elves?

Like that Harry didn't suddenly learn the languague (or you didn't fall into "everyone in the universe speaks english trope) but I hope he gets to the point where he can start interacting with the locals a bit more.

Thanks for writing. I find myself really looking forward to updates to this story.

Tom A.

capctr posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2013 8:14pm

Not sure if I love this story as much as I think that I do, or if I am just so very pleased that you are writing HP fanfics again. either way? I'd love some more, please!!!!

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2013 12:40pm

Oh, I like that explanation on how she got past the muggle-repeller.

"Goldkiller". Good name. I got the reference before you described it, but it's not like all your readers have watched both series (original and 2003), so you almost had to describe it. I presume you're going with the logic that not all the basestars had an IL series in charge, and some had only the gold "command" centurions.

Good chapter to give a snapshot of colonial life as well as some info about Maggie's life and family.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2013 9:55pm

A great chapter, enjoying seeing Mags and Harry getting on a bit better, as well as the trip to the temple and Harry flashing back a bit, so will be curious what all might be coming next as he continues to grow and learn in his new life, and if Athena might pop in again with another warning?