Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 6:36am

That was good. His comments made me think he has a prophecy that Firenze will be his familiar.

Thanks for the smiles. Looking forward to the rest.

Hmmm, will this Harry be too weird for Luna?

Tom A.

JBern replied:

It's a definite possibility.   Glad you enjoyed it.

zac posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 6:24am

I can't wait for harry to meet luna.

JBern replied:

You'll have to wait until I finish The Lie I've Lived.

Babs posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 6:24am

Funny.

Seer Harry will drive the whole wizarding world to distraction.

JBern replied:

I predict that you'll like the rest of the story....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jarrod posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 6:19am

That was probably the singularly most unique piece of writing I've seen in a while. You are right, ultimate straight man material. Though I normally like long piece like The Lie I've Lived I have to admit being very curious about how you get this to turn out.

JBern replied:

I'm glad I can still give you a bit of variety.   More Lie coming soon.

csktech posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 6:00am

What a quirky and unique combination youve come up with. I love it.. can we please have one more chapter before you finish The Lie I've Lived?

Love your stories even when I disagree with the style you've chosen. You are damn good. Thanks

Kyle

JBern replied:

Probably not.   We'll see what happens.   Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:54am

Harry raised by Trelawney is awfully far afield from your usual action/adventure fare. :-)

I was amused--especially by the fact that all the divination stuff seems to actually work for him. I'd expect that next year at least a few of the named characters would start believing him.

Minor complaint, the font size seems to be fixed--it's not changing with the font size control at the top of the page.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

JBern replied:

Possibly, but for a society that can use magic, they are notoriously close minded.   I'm trying to stretch my legs and work on my comedic chops.

vettesr posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:44am

I really enjoyed the beginning of this story. Thank you for sharing with us. The luna feel of harry is a really refreshing change from the norm. Look forward to the rest of the story

JBern replied:

He takes his magical gift seriously.   Hopefully, I can maintain the light hearted feel of the story throughout.

loatroll posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:37am

Really good stuff! Never seen anything even remotely similar before, good job on coming up with a new concept. Enjoyable reading, and witty humor. Thanks for the great read!

JBern replied:

Glad I can give you a bit of variety.   Thanks for the compliments.

romero posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:22am

I enjoyed reading about your Sibyll raised Harry. I was snickering as he dealt with Draco's challenge and the Sorting Hat. Harry and Firenze viewing the stars (their humor about Uranus) and Harry's request for Firenze or a Unicorn as a familiar was very entertaining. Harry's opinion about Severus and Minerva was funny. Albus seems to be going along with the flow. I laughed as he took the family to play bowling and to talk to Harry. He and Sibyll know how to play to the Dursleys... I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliments.   I enjoyed writing the bowling scene.   More coming after the conclusion of Lie.

Apocalypse Thou posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:21am

It's great to see you writing a short, lighthearted funny storie beside your longer darker ones. It was a good read.

I loved the Save the Unicorn. Save the World line... very amusing

Congrats on the book.

JBern replied:

I hope I can keep you impressed with the rest of the story.   I'll release it after I finish Lie.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:17am

Addendum to previous review:

Wouldn't Quirrell falling onto the unicorn horn (symbol of purity and purity's power) have destroyed the wraith, especially if it had been the back of Quirrell's head which landed on the horn?

thanks

JBern replied:

Ah, but he had been drinking unicorn blood.   That likely saved him.   Otherwise, I just wrote a 1 shot.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:14am

It is really just too weird to see Harry recognizable, humble, yet so powerful and cool.

I loved seeing him resisting the manipulations of the Hogwarts enablers because his Divinations tools told him how, and saving Hermione with cards and dice was great.

I can't wait to see how Firenze integrates the Centaur Herd into the teaching at Hogwarts, eliminating Binns, outing Lockhart as a fraud and teaching Harry how to mindwipe those who attempt to Legilimence him.

Great work
thanks for sharing

Ken

JBern replied:

But Auntie Sibyll says Mr. Lockhart is a great wizard...

Infin1x posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:13am

Holy... huh that is... well I don't know if I am more bemused or amused.

I'll look forward to more of this and of course Lie.

JBern replied:

As long as you got a laugh, I'm happy.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 5:05am

*snicker* Oh, this is definitely worth the read. I can't wait 'til *this* Harry and Luna get together; I wonder how long Hermione will survive before she has some severe mental problems (that bit with the troll was bad enough and there's lots more to come). I'm looking forward to more of this one.

Oh, and you're doing the humor beautifully here. It's almost too good to read at work since I'd get some *very* strange looks.

JBern replied:

I guess I'll have to write the train scene in year 2 with Hermione sharing a cabin with Harry and Luna.   Careful about reading at work.

warpwizard posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 4:59am

Good stuff. Harry's characterization reminds me of how people usually portray Luna. Amusing.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked it.

Iunee posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 4:43am

Oh, this is fun! I hope you can avoid that the divination stuff gets too much (read: irritating)

Loved the ‘Save the Unicorn. Save the World.’ part :D

JBern replied:

I'll so my best.   I'll do my best to keep it light hearted.

amulder posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 4:05am


Jim. Um, Jim.... do you realize that you've almost perfectly written a Harry-as-Luna story?! It's just so bizarre and out there! No, not the spacey animals and all that, but the way he non-reacts to challenges from the staff and Draco, the way his answers fluster Hermione...

It's absolutely brilliant!

I'm almost scared as to what will happen when he meets Luna in 2nd year.

best,
...art

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliment, Art.   Hopefully, I'll try to keep it light hearted and brief.   I don't think people will be confusing me with Nonjon or Rosarch Blot anytime soon, but I want to see how well I can tell a humor fic.

After Lie finishes, I'll use this story to bridge the gap while I work on the ending that TML deserves.   Thanks for taking the time to review.

Cuey posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 4:04am

That was interesting. I wasn't sure how you would go about this fic when I first heard about it, but I guess humor was the obvious option. Which is nice, humor is always welcome in my book. It's a shame we won't get to see the next chapter until Lie is done, but that is life. Thanks for posting this.

JBern replied:

Thanks for reviewing.   Hopefully, I'll be able to keep the humor at a believable level and still maintain the feel of the story.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 3:53am

So nice to see you starting this up properly. Sibyll's way of entering the Dursley house was hilarious. Confronting McGonagall was also very funny. I'm so intrigued by how you've changed this from the way Harry was before. I loved the Sorting Hat scene and how Harry "won" the duel. Clever.

I also loved the "Save the unicorn. Save the world" first because it was funny but also because it was true.

The centaur familiar angle was also very funny. I can't wait to see what you do with this having already disposed of nearly the whole plot of book one. Excellent beginning.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   I hope the rest of the story impresses you just as much.

A posted a comment on Friday 3rd April 2009 3:38am

Funny, and a bit sweet.

JBern replied:

Thanks.