Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Thursday 24th February 2011 3:33pm

Harry seems to be going dark, and the Abbotts look stupid enough to rival Crabbe and Goyle. Interesting take on life debts. Great chapter! Keep it up!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Thursday 24th February 2011 2:50pm

Poor Hagrid! I always liked him... The battle was really well done. I could see it in my minds eye. Good job!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Thursday 24th February 2011 11:09am

A three-headed dog is actually called a Cerberus. They guard the gates of Hell in Greek mythology.
Really enjoyable read so far! I like the Voldie segments, although him being nice to the twins was a little weird. Keep up the good work!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd February 2011 1:47am

I like Penelopes role ineverything. Clearly, you don't have to be a DE to be a little nuts. I agree: Ron and chess seem to be a package deal; you get one, you've got both. I want Clue: Hogwarts! Or Diagon Alley Monopoly! They sound fun!
Great chapter, I really enjoyed Percy having his moment. So many writers see him as the expendable weasley, he deserves better.
A Weasley is bound to die here and there though. It's war. People die.
Well done!

rajvir posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd November 2010 8:34pm

amazing story I like it a lot great job

Abraxan posted a comment on Thursday 5th August 2010 4:24pm

This was a very satisfactory story despite the fact you killed off nearly all the good guys!! And you ended it with a traditional horror story with the evil thing coming back to life - eek! I hope it isn't Harry's or his children's destiny to defeat him - Harry's lost his childhood and his arm and that's enough, IMO! But then again, I'm a fan of happy endings . . .

Abraxan

Abraxan posted a comment on Wednesday 4th August 2010 3:59pm

Boy, you really seem to have it in for the Weasleys! Killing Percy, George, AND Ginny and now MOLLY?? Poor Arthur and the rest. You've done away with so many families, the magical gene pool is gonna get mighty small!! And turning Darius into Frank - the poor Longbottoms. I hope Alice doesn't get her mind back - losing her son and losing her husband AGAIN will just make her lose her mind again, poor thing!

Abraxan, who honestly enjoyed the chapter - it was exciting and all that . . .

Abraxan posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd August 2010 5:03pm

I love Susan's response to Harry burning up the paper. She's a good match for him.

Abraxan

Abraxan posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd August 2010 3:08pm

I'm glad to see Harry having to deal with what happened. JKR just skipped over all that stuff as if Harry could take things without any cost to his soul. Well done, and what a lovely thing to bring him back to the land of the living, to give him hope and more determination than ever to stay light and survive the war. Well done!

Abraxan

Abraxan posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd August 2010 2:42pm

Ooooooo, that was the juiciest (in many ways!) death scene for Snape EVER! And poor Harry - he really lost it! Good thing it was Bill who got to him first instead of some of the others! I hope Emmy will be okay - she would make a better partner for Bill than Fleur. Fleur's scenes were amazing too. Well done!

Abraxan

Abraxan posted a comment on Monday 2nd August 2010 7:01am

If there was an "end of the line" rule as you said, then Sirius should've been married and had an heir too, right? Or do you count Draco Malfoy as a Black? Yes, he has Black blood, but he doesn't carry the name. If you count Draco as a Black, then the Black "end of the line" rule shouldn't count with Harry, who won't pass along the Black name, right? Or will all his kids be named 'Black-Potter'?? Color me confused. Interesting chapter.

Abraxan

Abraxan posted a comment on Sunday 1st August 2010 6:50am

That was a well-written battle. I enjoyed seeing how the wards worked, too. Well done!

Abraxan

zyvanume posted a comment on Wednesday 16th June 2010 8:48pm

for being "the vanguard of the light," Potter is pretty damb dark. the only person darker than what he used is the thing that used it on him first. I like the way you write and the style you use. you take a icon, rip it apart, throw a bunch of humanity into them, and drag them down to earth. you give perople reason, show the cost of war, and answer logical questions ignored by J.K..

Lilith_L2 posted a comment on Friday 28th May 2010 4:15am

amazing fanfic! congratulations!
i think to much people died in this story but it's war like it's suposed to be, cruel and with lots of deads.
you didn't really answered the problem between Harry and the dementors.. if you could it will be nice.
even then, congratulations and good luck with your others stories and original novels! :)

GryffindorDragon posted a comment on Wednesday 10th February 2010 12:05pm

I don't care too much for Percy overall, so killing him off isn't so bad. But, if you don't mind, I will take issue with the Penelope the muggleborn must be half-blood. There is a trend to explain away muggleborns as unrecongized half-bloods. I think it goes with the rationalization of magic; there must be some genetic/biological component (I think St. Vines wrote something on that) that explains magic, and given that, there really can't be a true muggleborn -- they must be actually a half-blood or a descendant of a forgotten squib. Personally such rationalization is rot and undermines the whole story basis; after all, if it has an explanation it isn't actually magic. Beyond that the notion that a lot of "muggleborns" result from pureblood entertainment doesn't wash. Oh, the deaters and other unscrupulous purebloods might well see themselves as free to do what they want with muggles (just as a number of slave owners did with their slaves a couple centuries ago -- though interestingly some of those were prosecuted), I don't think many children would result. That would be an offense to the purebloods -- they would make sure no children would result. The deaters -- after playing they would "dispose" of the toys.

Forever&3moreSeconds posted a comment on Sunday 31st January 2010 7:32am

okay, i'm not sure i agree with letting tommy stay alive, but keeping political agendas open-ended and not just having everyone 'skipping off into the susnset' is a good touch. i enjoyed this, despite the fact that every f***ing chapter seemed to be a cliffhanger at about one in the morning and i couldn't stop reading.
ruth =)

simplyElise posted a comment on Wednesday 6th January 2010 12:00pm

Thanks so much for the story! I enjoyed so many things that you did with it. It was great that you provided some real back story to the dark lords and fleshed out magic itself. If Voldemort is really able to stave off death then magic must really have a multitude of layers and uses. Also you did make this seem like a real war with the realities of death. We are focused on the primary resistance not a family in the British countryside, so it is only logical that so many of the main fighters would perish. I know you wrote this story ages ago, but you seem to welcome advice so I'm going to go ahead... Yes it is a war, but death is still not so easily accepted in war. My brother-in-law was part of a deep recon unit back in 02-05 in Fallujah and Afghanistan. He's talked about losing friends and how at times it made him go crazy and act recklessly or kick it up a notch and let em have it, but what always resulted was a tightening of the bonds within the unit. Your story is about a war, but it is not a foreign war, so those fighting go home to their loved ones at night. You hinted at some of the personal effects of death and war, but I really felt like this was where your story could improve. Perhaps you weren't trying to convince me that Harry won't be the next dark lord, but you definitely could have shown some grief in Bill, a character whom you chose to flesh out quite a bit then killed off with little reaction from Harry. Maybe this is too much a female perspective but I keep thinking of a quote I read somewhere: "people may not remember what you said, but they will remember how how you made them feel". And reading your story I was thinking about my brother in law who is one of the toughest guys I know who would probably love this story for all the strategy and everything, but he would remember this story if it strikes a chord with him. Everyone has experienced grief and the thought of losing Mrs. Weasley and Dumbledore and Ginny should have made me feel anxious because I've lost people and I can't imagine what I would have done if I had had to fight for my life just after losing someone who was like a mother to me. Don't forget the human element. It is what will make your books memorable. Not all of us can fight like Harry but we can love like him and be scared like him. Thanks again for a great read!

Keats449 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th December 2009 6:28am

I enjoyed this story a quite a bit. I think the way you portray Voldemort is much better than the standard 'sits on a throne and gives orders/threatens/tortures his death eaters' version that is seen in many fics. You really balanced the sides and the casualties well. The twists you threw in [crazy-Neville, Death Eater-Penelope, flawed-Lily, etc] were fun to read.

Keats449 posted a comment on Monday 14th December 2009 2:57am

The 'Black Family Advantage' is clever and it makes sense that wizards would go beyond wards to try to give themselves a 'home field' edge.

Ken B Barker posted a comment on Wednesday 5th August 2009 7:31am

Very good, well written story. It is difficult to find an independent Harry story, espeicially as well developed as this. I look forward to reading more of your work.