Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

smog2187 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 7:06am

Fantastic ending! If things with Luna were looking bleak before now they're positively disastrous. As for the story in general, on one side I quite dislike all the indescriminate killing thst's going on but on the other side it actually seems like a war is taking place. Overall the great writing wins out and I'll continue reading =)

Superdd posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 7:03am

This is fantastic stuff - I'm lovin' it! Keep it up mate!

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 6:36am

Caged songbirds with tiny human faces immediately begin singing a soft tune.
-creepy

I really like how Baba Yaga eats horcruxes. Extends her life and reduces the competition. Nicely done.

That last scene had me laughing.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 6:11am

I can't say Svetlanna was a surprise, but I can say I was never sure which she would turn out to be--which I suppose is as much suspense as could be hoped for, in the situation. :-)

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

LifeScientist posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 6:09am

Jim,

Great job on this...and a nice twist with Svetlana. I certainly didn't expect it--though in retrospect I should have. Ah well, there I go reading for pleasure and not intent
Thanks as always for a pleasurable read.
Matt

Bedrup posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 6:07am

Great. Just great. Didnt see that coming.

baumgal2 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 5:57am

Thank you for the update - I really do love this story.

Wolf550e posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 5:53am

"You're time will come" - "your"

I understand correctly that his reply to Bill was heard by the population of Hogwarts? LOL.

This chapter feels short.

rune1806 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 5:22am

Well done as always, I was surprised that you when whit the horcrux in Harry. I feel that was one of the worse ideas J.K. had, and she had a lot of them in 6&7. Thanks for the update, I hope mother and child are both doing well, happy Christmas to you and yours.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 5:19am

Gaah, do you plan to kill off the whole cast before the end of this story? In my opinion you are a bit overeager in this...

By the way, somehow I deducted the twist with Svetlana a few pages before actual unveiling. Your twists of plot start to become a bit predictable; although nice keeping up with the Greater Daemon mystery (if Daemons can be called/summoned, can their enemies, Nephalim? ;-))

hordac85 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 5:04am

Excellent.keep it up.

riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 4:45am

Very Interesting chapter

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 4:42am

Love the fact that Harry thinks of the man's wife and children but still realises that he also had a choice and so doesn't feel too guilty about it. The rhythmic gymnasts line was very evocative of a good fight.

Love the psychotic nature of Harry's attack on the giant. Only Kwan would think of the ear canal as a useful tunnel to brain smushing. LOL at the lapse of loyalty being Hogwartian.

Loved the Svetlanna twist and Harry's coolness in response to it. The caged songbirds were intriguing. I've been wondering all along if she would be Baba Yaga, because she's just a bit too hot to be true. Good twist. I also adored the soul eating bit and your way of telling Harry about the final horcrux.

HAHAHA! (Yes, that was literally out loud) at Harry the teenaged Daemon scholar whore. Bill will have material for months from this one. Excellent final scene. I love Harry's appalling timing. More of this please. Superb chapter as always.

Genericrandom posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 4:28am

I cheered when I saw this updated, and I was amused and pleased by the whole chapter. Very good work as always.

The twist with Svetlanna caught me off guard but wasn't actually a surprise, if that makes sense. It was a good twist you don't often see in HP fics, but an old plot device. Her being the Baba Yaga, however, was totally unexpected and a good bit of a surprise however. Not to mention it was really pretty funny.

The plot thickens, and I can't to see what else happens. "Pansy's" theft of the blood anchor, however, was incredibly suspicious. A few conversations that can be overheard and suddenly, Harry has to return to the castle. I seriously suspect Dumbledore here.

As always, I look forward to the next chapter.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 4:04am

Fawkes has a really poor atitude here, and considering how Dumbledore has been handling things, find myself hoping more than once that he'd get the back of Harry's hand. So Albus hits the fail button again, and looses Ralph/Harry? Of course he does, Merlin forbid he actually act more than halfway competent, talk about getting by on your rep and name only, he could have taught Lockhart for ages. Cool moment with Svetlana there, and loved how she liked little Harry enough to ask for moresies, and now that Harry has lost a fair amount of force projection, and is stuck at Hoggies for a moment, what will go down next? Can't wait to find out.

uthamm posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 3:10am

Nice. I suspected the Svetlanna angle, but discarded it. Looks like you are setting up Harry for another chance to understand that he has to do it on his 'own' (Moody gone, Mercs gone, Kwan gone . . ) perhaps something about trusting vs. leaning on?

I'm betting that DD had something to do with the theft - how else could PP get the blood bag from Dobby? DD hated the option and seems to look for opportunites to stick it to Harry.

Interesting that you used the Harry is a Horcurx angle - I thought that was one of the worst plotlines in the book. On the bright side, you can't do any worse with it.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to more.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 2:58am

Well, I figured Harry's propensity for sticking his pecker in moist and warm places would catch up with him eventually...I'd say it did with this chapter.

Dumbledore must be the most incompetent piece of shit ever, or the most evil...I don't see how you can rectify him as anything but one very small step short of being a dark lord with how you've portrayed him here...

Goblin rebellion...well I can't imagine this as being that entertaining based on the previous goblin exploits in BITJ...but I'll withhold judgment until I read it.

Thanks for writing,
Matt

Shepherd posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 2:56am

Another excellent chapter, some nice new plot threads, and a good tension breaker at the end.

Taegeous posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 2:14am

Good chapter, but disappointed that none of the hag's leaders were killed...only the troll and goblin lackey's, while Harry lost Moody. The fighting seemed pointless if none of the bad guys got taken down. And someone who eats souls is definitely a bad guy.

Crys posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 1:40am

> It is far easier to eat the lamb special when the cook isn't quivering in fear."
Snerk! Svetlana = Bone Mother. Told you . . .

AD fails in his task of guarding little Ralph Potter and so demands Harry return. Typical.

Oh, stuff your attitude, Fawkes. Harry's doing more against LV than your precious Light Lord.

Seeing Hermione's reaction to Harry's proclamation should be entertaining. Luna's reaction to the same still entertaining to us readers, but less so to Harry.