Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Stygius posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 9:03am

wonderfully done, and finally we see the story continue.... i'm soooo excited... lol...

anyway, congrats on the first chapters as a whole, brilliant, from the passing of judgement at the airport, fear in belle, and also the saving of a friend in the end...

loved the politics, whilst, i thought that the oat from dumbles could have been made a little more restrictive from harry's point of view... i think, this will work out well enough... nice twist with the ambasador thing... i can just imagine mooddy smile.

look forward to see what happens in hoggy warty. nice to see harry ID hogwarts as well, that could prove to be interesting... love to see luna ID her as well... and what do we make of the internal politics of hogwarts, where will the school stand... and what about the order.... can't wait to see tonks, fluer, luna, katie and the rest of the younger crowd...

sweet, how harry return to hogwarts is via going straight to medical ward... lol

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 2 is now posted.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.   As you can see from chapter 2, Dumbledore isn't beat just yet...~Jim

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 11th September 2007 4:41am

Great chapter! I said it in my e-mail before but this was great! Just thought I would let you know that during the second read its still THAT good!

Thanks for writing, can't wait for more!
Monkey

JBern replied:

Wait no longer.   Chapter 2 is now posted in it's entirety.~Jim

Matt Harris posted a comment on Sunday 9th September 2007 1:05pm

After reading the scene where Fawkes clearly shows his dislike for the Harry, I finally realized one of the key things I like about your work: the way you take common Harry Potter fanfiction tropes and turn them upside down. Fics where the goblins are hostile to Harry or the Weasley twins are anything but unconditionally supportive are very rare. I don't think I have ever seen a fic where Fawkes was hostile to Harry.

Anyway, another wonderful chapter. Looking forward to the next one (in all of your fics).

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 2 is now posted.   I do like taking cliches and spinning them on their ear.   As for Fawkes and Harry's relationship, more coming at a later date.   I won't leave that hanging.~Jim

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Thursday 6th September 2007 2:09am

Well that make for a nice subtle return to Hogwarts all right. With the notice-me-not charm blown away and in the middle of a crowd who just watched what happened I think that word will get around fairly quickly.

I'll be looking forward to chapter 2 and seeing the long anticipated reunion with Ron-ron, Gin-gin and Hermi-funbags.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Finally getting around to the backlog of reviews to reply to.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Drake posted a comment on Wednesday 5th September 2007 8:13am

Goddamn, here I am sweating out of my pores waiting for Katie to pull through. >.>

Good work, can't wait for the next one. Or any of your fics, you're just that damn GOOD!

JBern replied:

Thank you very much for the compliments.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

migele posted a comment on Wednesday 5th September 2007 7:39am

Good to read it, I really hoped that it's going to continue. I just hope Harry doesn't kill them. On first sight that is. he has a mean streak already.

looking forward to more.

migi

JBern replied:

Next chapter in 2 short weeks.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Wednesday 5th September 2007 2:14am

Great job with Hack. He's my favorite original supporting character.

Loved all the action! Not a dull moment.

Favorite line: You could make an argument that the ‘Power the Dark Lord knows not’ is brain damage

JBern replied:

Is it fearlessness or is it a mental condition - YOU DECIDE!!!!

Thanks for the review.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Silent Claw posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 11:20pm

Yay!!! This looks like it'll be another fun filled, action-packed story. And somehow, you've actually made me like a story written in the second person. Maybe it just fits Harry's new pissed-off-at-everyone-who-has-screwed-him-over attitude.

JBern replied:

Glad you like it.   I think the 2nd person nature gives it an added quirk that 1st person can't match.~Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 11:26am

Excellent, per usual!

For those of us with zillions of fics on the fly and many months since reading Jungle, you might consider a better introduction of your OC's (Kwan, Hack, etc.) and a better explanation of why Harry feels compelled to return to that pestilential school, that it's sixth year, etc.

Anyway, other than forcing a reread of Jungle, this is a great start! Only problem is that Kwan and Hack should have made quick and complete work of Bellatrix and that other DE.

JBern replied:

I figure my time is better spent writing new action than recapping old.   The reminder at the beginning that it's the sequel to Bungle should do, besides it encourages people to reread Bungle!   Thanks fort the compliments, though Bella is in Kwan's league so the fight was a draw.   Hack and Bill did do a number on spare DE bloke#1.

Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Prospero Hibiki posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 10:42am

I've absolutely loved this series from the start and that hasn't changed with this part. In fact you could say I'm champing at the bit waiting for the next chapter.

Life here at MARF (Read Hell) is ... okay.

Reading this last chapter was the highpoint of my day.

Well back to qualifying.

Oh, I'm waiting anxiously for "Is that a troll in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

-Prospero Hibiki
(The Nuclear Mongoose)

JBern replied:

MARF.   If you look out you can probably still see the shell of S3G where I went.   I believe MARF in a previous design was called the toilet bowl.   I'm sure someone can explain what that design was all about.   It was 1990 for me, so I'm lucky that I remember the D1G ball.

I can't really say I liked Saratoga Springs.   It wasn't a great time in my life.   The winters suck there.   I won't kid you.   You just made it through the month of August, so the snobbery will have died down from the horseracing events.   You're best bet for dating is the Skidmore girls, but that didn't go so hot for me (more bad memories).

I hope you have a better time than I did up there.   As for qualifying, everyone goes after the high point count stuff first.   Try to mix in some of the low point stuff.   Otherwise, you'll find yourself trying to get a dozen two pointers in a night to make count.   (Unless of course they've changed things since then - which I doubt.)   Oh yeah thanks for the review.~Jim

uthamm posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 5:15am

Sweet chapter. I really appreciate this story and your 'one-liners' are AWESOME. Hack checking out the 'enlarged' equipment got a choking laugh/cough in the middle of the workday and MANY odd looks. The ambassador angle is one I had not even considered. I also liked Shaun's professional report on the Nott job.

Interesting situation with Fawkes . . . explain, please? Psuedo-Daemon Harry?

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliments.   I'm glad I can keep surprising the readers.   More on Fawkes, Harry and the wards of Hogwarts later....~Jim

Casey299 posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 9:46pm

Excellent! i been waiting for this all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBern replied:

And now it's here~Jim

sanghamitra posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 7:00pm

I've been waiting for this a long time, and you have not dissappointed a bit. Great writing !! cant wait for him to meet his "friends".

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

baumgal2 posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 4:05pm

brilliant! I'm so happy you're working on this story

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   See you in 2 weeks.~Jim

Banner posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 1:45pm

... aaand we're off!
Another breathless mindwarp delivered right to your webpage.
I'm delighted you're continuing this. I wonder if Harry and his Team are sufficiently perceptive to notice that Malfoy is going to be falling apart?
Revenge on the betrayers!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Much more in the way of developments coming your way in 2 short weeks.~Jim

rune1806 posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 1:34am

went back and reread bungle i reconmend it to everyone as i had forgoten little things. is bella that good in this story or is kwan losing a little? really liked the scene with katie well done. kill on oh great writer of action, blood and the unique.

JBern replied:

Well, Bella beat up on Tonks, beat Sirius and was taunting Harry.   She's not half bad.   Then again, Kwan could be losing a step - sorry bad pun.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

oso983 posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 5:17pm

Hi, it is great to have the sequel going. I enjoyed it!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   New chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Scott Sakraida posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 3:13pm

This was a great opening chapter. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets put back into the general population.

JBern replied:

Oh there are plenty of things set to start shortly~Jim

penguins4me posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 2:24pm

I like it. Keep up the good work. I, too, wonder how much it would cost to burn down Malfoy Manor. Burn, baby, burn!

JBern replied:

Thanks for the reveiw.   I hope I continue to impress.~Jim

CosmosGravitation posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 1:25pm

Enjoyable beginning.

For numerous reasons, first person has always been my favorite point of view, but your second person is a nice change of pace too. It definitely presents many opportunities to mix in some introspective humor that would be very difficult or unreachable in third person.

Most likely guess concerning the wards and Harry has to do with the demon's blood Harry consumed. Although if that's true one has to wonder why the Troll didn't collapse as well since he also is demon touched. Or perhaps Dumbledore was able to put in some animagus wards after what happened with Pettigrew and Rita? Not sure.

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter and confrontation with Harry's old friends. Character interaction is the driving force behind most great stories, and thus the next chapter looks to be an important one.

JBern replied:

That's a good pair of guesses.   Wait until you see what the answer is!   Next chapter some reunions, some explanations and some more problems.~Jim