Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

dwilken posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 5:13pm

Well, *that* was certainly an usual way to get rid of Voldemort. What do you call it a "daemon ex machina" plot device? Heh.

(OK, I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Not sure how I feel about this chapter just yet. I don't remember the story very well and how it all hangs together. So will have to get back to you.

Doug

Bedrup posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 4:51pm

Thank you for keeping this going. And it ´ ´s really going like a bat out of hell.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 4:43pm

Wow! This is quite an interesting set of events. The Daemon and his buddies coming through the rift then Riddle helping Harry is really unexpected. Very exciting. I look forward to the conclusion of this story. Thanks for writing. pms

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 4:17pm

Great chapter

Thanks for writing
MPF

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 1:48pm

Wow, a heck of a battle there, and looks like Tom was too smart by half in the end there, and good to see him get it but good, and wondered what would happen with Harry, but to have Peter be the one to revive him, using essentially what happened in GoF there was intense and interesting, just hope that things will go well and that Peter doesn't have some last twist on him, as well as if Harry gets through this, what will he do now that his life isn't consumed by the battle with Tom that was looking neverending?

Riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 1:45pm

well written chapter

vandallas posted a comment on Monday 6th September 2010 12:26pm

O GOD MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 1st September 2010 7:02am

Love the completely satisfied line. It’s true, stupid plans are Harry’s speciality. This one was a doozy.

He can’t leave Hack! That’s just not fair!

I thought they could fix broken bones without a vast problem but growing them back was painful?

Was the wallflower pun on the names deliberate? Liked it either way.

You gave Kwan an interesting bit of back story. I wonder how much further it affected him?

Loved the bit with Peter. I don’t think I’ve ever read of anyone giving him metal poisoning before. I also liked the idea that the indebted turn into ghosts.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 1st September 2010 6:16am

I’m trying to think what Hippogriff kibble would be made of. None of the mental images are nice. "Bound-up-rent-a-dates?" LOL genius.

I imagine Bill would also very much enjoy living in sin with Fleur.

I suspect Hermione is now a major target for the Death Eaters if anyone gets wind of Dumbledore’s cunning (and I use the word in the Blackadder sense) plan.

The stuff in the cave was superb. Loved that Kreacher actually told Harry the truth for once.

Scarhead expeditions? Love it. I also loved the fact that you closed the super-house-elf plothole. It has had many moments of genius but it definitely can't be true.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 1st September 2010 5:44am

That was a good scene between Harry and Luna.

Slughorn is dead? Slightly off hand way of doing it but good nonetheless.

Love the idea of Harry selling tickets to Draco’s humiliation. It would definitely work.

Ha! Love seeing Dumbledore being done in. It was about time after everything he's pulled that someone turned on him. That it was Snape just fits perfectly.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 1st September 2010 5:31am

Love the idea of using Kreacher’s viciousness against the wizards. I’m trying to think what his smile looks like and keep shuddering.

I agree, the Baba Yaga stories would make Hermione faint. LOL at Hermione’s tricksy way of getting Harry’s attention. It’s lines like "Sorry about the biting" that keep us coming back.

Ooh, poor Hermione. That is really cruel.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 1st September 2010 5:20am

‘Ello. Sorry about the incredible delay since my last reading /reviewing session. My PhD, started in October, is eating my life. The current ability to read fanfic comes from being in Poland, where I would be doing fieldwork if only it would stop raining (I think it’s going for a World Record).
As always, love your action scenes. Kwan would think of the ear canal naturally. I must admit to being entertained Harry’s stomach is churning at the thought of Svetlanna being Baba Yaga and her being part Dementor. Harry’s pragmatism is superb.
I was quite sad to read that Moody was dead. He was always an entertainingly vicious character.
Ah, I’d forgotten your habit of giving us superb denouements that embarrass the hell out of Harry. LMAO.

Abraxan posted a comment on Thursday 12th August 2010 1:37am

I hope you post the other chapters soon! This is a fun read!

Abraxan

zArkham4269 posted a comment on Monday 12th July 2010 2:41pm

(If this is a double-review, I apologize; the Interwebz ate my first attempt)

I wish I could win the lottery so I could send you the equivalent of two novels as well as a stipend to bang out the rest of this as well as the sequel to Lies I've Lived. I really like this story. Sure Harry comes off a bit over-powered but I like he's over-powered in a sequential way and besides, he's the hero; he's supposed to be special.

I also think your fics remind me a bit of the deal with Gene Roddenberry & George Lucas in relation to JKR: They all came up with a great idea but they themselves told the story poorly. It was up to others to really bring the characters and the world to life. Good job!

zArkham4269 posted a comment on Monday 12th July 2010 2:40pm

(If this is a double-review, I apologize; the Interwebz ate my first attempt)

I wish I could win the lottery so I could send you the equivalent of two novels as well as a stipend to bang out the rest of this as well as the sequel to Lies I've Lived. I really like this story. Sure Harry comes off a bit over-powered but I like he's over-powered in a sequential way and besides, he's the hero; he's supposed to be special.

I also think your fics remind me a bit of the deal with Gene Roddenberry & George Lucas in relation to JKR: They all came up with a great idea but they themselves told the story poorly. It was up to others to really bring the characters and the world to life. Good job!

marcelhm posted a comment on Monday 5th July 2010 9:54am

quick thank you note for the new chapters, nice to see you haven't lost the touch in creating those cliff hangers either >.<

seriously though thanks for the enjoyment and curious to see how you'll wrap this all up :)

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Sunday 4th July 2010 12:09pm

Man I have read all of your FF's and I enjoy them. I have recently picked up this cool little book that drew my attention at the store entitled "Dead Eye: Pennies for the Ferryman." Imagine my surprise when I realized it was you. Man you have a real talent keep it up. Dead Eye is very good.

Aaron Blackwell posted a comment on Tuesday 29th June 2010 8:02pm

abosulteluy love it so far jim, been a fan and reader for years :) i appreciate the hard work and will be buying your work for a long time.

Mistress of Potions posted a comment on Tuesday 29th June 2010 7:09pm

I appreciate the update on this story. Bill and Harry's partnership is a very interesting part of the story and I'm glad to see this to the end. Also, good luck with your novel.

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Sunday 27th June 2010 11:18am

Good story. Thanks for another update. Looking back, perhaps the only disappointing thing is the romance with Luna. It seems difficult to see it ever working out now, given how different they have grown. Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the conclusion of this...