Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Rexnos posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 4:23am

And yet another chapter that demonstrates why you're so awesome. Hack was golden, Dumbledore was a bastard and Harry was his normal deviously mean self.

I'm somewhat disappointed by Luna and Harry's split. It was very realistic and it felt right, but break-ups suck. Still, this little speed bump will just make it better if and when they get back together. I did like the crack about Fleur wanting to do Harry through her. It was creative but still somewhat believable.

Anyway, another great chapter. As usual, I find myself eagerly awaiting the next already.

Later,
Rex

JBern replied:

Thanks.   2 more weeks for the next chapter.   The Harry/Luna thing will take a backseat to the Harry/Action thing for the near term.   I suspect that's how you'd like it anyway.

Jim

hordac85 posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 3:49am

Excellent work as always.Keep it up.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Bedrup posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 3:26am

Really smart chapter. Loved the line where Harry considered the name Albus Severus for the blood bag, but thought it needlessly cruel.
Hope you find a way of including de Soto.
Your Dumbledore both angers me and cracks me up.

JBern replied:

Glad to hear it.   I want you to remember this as THE MANIPULATIVE Dumbledore to end all others.

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 3:04am

Tis a good thing I weren't chewin on the hair o' the dawg when I read that Albus Severus Potter tripe, I'da spewed for certain. Yer a deranged soul, I mean, who could'a come up with a name like that? Besides, I kinda like Ralph, gotta touch o' class ter it. Yeh done good with old Abe as well, just imagine growing up with young Albus-too-many-middle-names Dumbledore. Its no wonder Abe's greatest claim ter fame has goats heads!
Yeh keep writin' em, and I'll keep readin' em. I just got back from readin' some other reviews, and it makes me ask the question... Are other readers findin' it hard to get too involved in plain, simple, un-convaluted stories? or is it just me? Signed wrong way rubeus

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliments.   I apprectiate it and will do my best to continue impressing you.~Jim

FireFairy posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 3:00am

Nice chapter! I like that Harry broke up with Luna and that Luna has jealousy issues: it makes them seem more human again and kinda more realistic! I love this story and I can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon please!

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 2:55am

Tis a good thing I weren't chewin on the hair o' the dawg when I read that Albus Severus Potter tripe, I'da spewed for certain. Yer a deranged soul, I mean, who could'a come up with a name like that? Besides, I kinda like Ralph, gotta touch o' class ter it. Yeh done good with old Abe as well, just imagine growing up with young Albus-too-many-middle-names Dumbledore. Its no wonder Abe's greatest claim ter fame has goats heads!
Yeh keep writin' em, and I'll keep readin' em.

JBern replied:

I figured you'd like the "Oh it had a goat head alright" line.

Jim

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 2:16am

Nice use of old folklore. Baba Yaga...nice.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Rakhasa posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 1:32am

Yet another wonderful chapter. I cannot wait to see you flesh eastern europe like you fleshed Brasil and the native americans.



You spin and walk back to your quarters while trying to convince yourself that it’s all Luna’s fault.

The problem is you know that’s not entirely true.



Even after everthing than has gone on, some of the old Harry shows through from time to time -it's nice to see than he has not changed overnight, he is still growing and he still blames himself for the actions of others.
Yes, it is all Luna's fault. We cannot blame her too much, as she does have her troubles, and they are real ones, but simply put, compared to Harry's they are just minor, and sicne they started a relatinship Harry has not done anything wrong. Harry has enough on his plate to pamper the ego of a jealous shrew. She still wants to be Looney in public, but expects Harry to tell her all his movements. As Harry said, she does not trust him. Maybe they could work in peacetime, where Harry could aford the patience to let Luna mature, but they are not in peacetime. This relationship is a disaster waiting to happen, a potentially lethal one for Harry -it would almost certianly explode on the worst moment. Harry has already had a taste in Bungle, whne she wanted to betray him to Dumbledore in a snippy fit. It is better to stop it now and wait for a better moment. It is a pity, since I like Luna/Harry a lot, but on this fic Luna is a very bad idea.

JBern replied:

Thanks for enjoying my fic so much.   I will do my level best to portray an interesting Baba Yaga.   The Harry/Luna wasn't working right now, so it had to end badly.   It might start again at some point, but right now I plan on shipping Harry/Action for a few chapters.

Wolf550e posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 12:31am

RE: Reality bites.
I listened to the mp4 file. Aside: For some reason, mplayer failed to play it at chapter boundary, but that is mplayer's fault because xine played it fine. I'm sure quicktime would play it just fine.
It was nice how you kept surprising the reader. The voice acting was good. A world where not only do vampires exist but are not concerned with displaying a college diploma that reveals them for who they are is quite interesting. But if vampires are known to exist, the insurance policy should take that into account. Though I suppose he just got suckered by that lawyer...

RE: TML.
If you intend for Harry/Luna to triumph, how are you getting Luna to grow up? Why doesn't Harry punish the Weasleys more? Did Fleur really sabotage Harry's relationship?

JBern replied:

Thanks for listening to my original story.   Glad you enjoyed it.   Luna will have to make a choice at some point.   Harry will ask Fleur that when he sees her next.~Jim

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 11:59pm

And once again I find myself in envy of Harry's troll! Brilliant chapter!

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Loopy Dane posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 10:41pm

This is unique to say the least. Baba Yaga! Bloody f#@$ing genius! I can honestly say, in the 30k+ fanfics I have probably read at least a part of I have never seen anything like this. Thank you for your time, talent and originality.

JBern replied:

I'll do my best to deliver an interesting take on Baba Yaga.   Surprised no one has used her before.

Regards,

Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 10:20pm

If the TiTs is at "Bloody Fucking Hell" now, what will it be when Harry's really in trouble?

Besides, what's so hard about the cup? Harry just has to imperio a couple of goblins, carefully poke around Bella's vault and then ride a dragon out, right? ;-)

Excellent chapter, per usual. Off to drabblecast.org now...

JBern replied:

That whole cup thing was pretty lame.   Watch what happens in my version.

kate19 posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 9:53pm

loved the chapter!! like the whole luna/harry fight scene. and the last part is good too. love that hermione finally get's a dose of dumbledore the manipulator. or maybe manipulator isn't the right word? i don't know. what i do know is that i will be waiting for the next chapter for this one, but also for the lie i've lived. love both your stories!!

bye

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   I'll do my best to keep this story moving ahead.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 9:23pm

Woo! :D I love this story - I am very much looking forward to Harry getting the hell out of Hogwarts :D

Normally I prefer it when authors stick to having the plot centering around Hogwarts, but in this one you make not-Hogwarts such an awesome place I'm dying to have Harry bust out!

JBern replied:

Yeah this story needs to leave Hogwarts as fast as possible.

Regards,

Jim

Casey299 posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 8:38pm

Another good chapter, just wanted to tell you that this is my favorite fan fic and wish we could get more frequent updates!!!!!

JBern replied:

Next one in 2 weeks.~Jim

morriganscrow posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 8:32pm

Poor Luna just hasn't had the experiences Harry has that have forced him to grow up fast and mean. She's still a teenage girl, with most of what that entails - kind of like Hermione.
Love Ralph!
Excellent chapter, want more.

JBern replied:

Ralph is interesting.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

matthew2c4u posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 8:03pm

Yeah1!!!! cant wait for new chapter of Lie, This was a great transition one. Harry and luna are always on the up and down eh?

JBern replied:

Well, they are both damaged goods.   It's going to take some effort on both their parts for it to work.~Jim

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 6:28pm

*chuckle* And life for Harry James Potter goes on its usual convoluted way. I swear, I don't think he'd know what to do with a simple, straight-forward life. 'Twill be interesting to see how damaged things are with Luna and how/if they get set right.

The visit to the Urals sounds like loads of fun, now all you need is to run into a kaschei to make things complete.

JBern replied:

Thanks for 2 reviews.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Wolfric posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 5:34pm

Good chapter. Its a good point that Harry using his head can be as or more impressive than the "more power" approach. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   I'll keep trying to impress and hope you let me know how I'm doing.~Jim

Tom Mathews posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 5:16pm

Baba Yaga?

Whew! Where's the cup being held at? The Black School in Spain?

No. Wait. Not there, considering the fee that has to be payed: At the end of the term, the last person to leave has to forfiet his or her soul to the headmaster whose name is Satan.

My best guess on where the cup is being held at is the home of the wizard Faust.

JBern replied:

You're not ready to know what I have in mind for the cup.   I promise that it will be epic.~Jim