Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Rift120 posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 1:34am

Very nice... especially Harry's little plan to make voldielocks panic... although wiht his earlier warning from hte memory of the daemon, one must ownder if he inadvertantly spoke a little bit of truth...

JBern replied:

Well Harry doesn't have any respect for Voldy's planning capabilities.   Year 4 he spent all this convoluted effort to get Harry to the center of the maze and his master plan for year 5 was to get Harry to sneak into the DOM?

As for Daemon's and Daemonic influence, that's tough to say, just stay tuned.   :-)

Jim

Gullwhacker2 posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 1:18am

That chapter, I enjoyed a great deal. Hack and Hagrid? That's practically a buddy movie. Ron finally speaking up? You've made him rather likeable. Luna in general? Very well done, especially the Bowtruckle bit. And Harry's little deception at the end there?

I'll let you know when I stop cackling.

JBern replied:

I could probably do a Hagrid and Hack buddy story as a side story in this universe.   It would probably be quite amusing.

Glad you enjoyed the chapter so much.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 1:16am

Loved the Harry/Luna interaction. The party was really twisted!

I wonder if Tonks will tell Lupin what Harry said, and that will get the wolf thinking for the first time in years (I was v. disappointed in how canon treated Remus).

"T"

JBern replied:

I wanted the Tonks scene to remind the readers that people, in this case Tonks, see Harry through different eyes.   Tonks sees him through how he is "hurting" Remus.

Glad you appreciated the Harry and Luna scenes in this chapter.   Thanks as always for the reviews.~Jim

dboris posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 12:33am

Wow, this chapter was just 'wow'. Can't find other words to describe it.

On the matter of Harry/Luna flirtations, I believe you should continue it. Turn Me Loose (in my opinion) should be more centered on Luna, beside, it'd be more interesting to have a more attached Luna who learns of Harry's 'illegitimate' son, his past relationships, etc.

Though, just one thing: don't make Luna too 'normal'. I prefer her more... crazy, and open-minded; she should says what she thinks, even if it's naughty things. I can easily imagine her saying "Harry, would you mind checking if the Nargle is still in the snatch?" or something like that. I never figured her as a shy and timid girl and even if she was a little insecure about her feelings with Harry, she should be more confident, especially since Harry's here in person.

Anyway, how are your original works progressing?

Have a Merry Christmas!

lnky

JBern replied:

Luna will indeed play a large role in this story, but it's still through the eyes of Harry.   Yes, there is a rough road ahead for them.   Harry's adventures have left him with a bit of baggage and Luna believes she's normal hiding behind a mask of Looneyness.

They're both in for a rude awakening.

Original words coming along nicely.   I've got one short story submitted to Shroud Magazine and I'll hear back from them in the next few weeks.   I need to get off my lazy butt and send The View from My Room out to Analog but they don't accept email subs, so it requires real mail.

My coauthored novel is over 40000 words and about 1/2 complete.   I'm hopeful that it'll be ready by early summer.~Jim

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 12:31am

Dobby is as fun as ever!

With a spellbook of Tolmec magic he should really keep them guessing. I can just see Tom sending out troops to destroy Horcruxs of Darklords throughout history!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Dobby is something else.   Harry hopes his bluff forces Riddle to get sloppy and waste time and effort on all this.   Wonder if he'll have to do something unsavory along the line to stay "in character?"~Jim

morriganscrow posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 12:31am

Curiouser and curiouser!
The twist with the Demon was excellent and unexpected, and the turn at the end was inspired. Harry as Chilotha as Harry - brilliant!
Now I'm really keen to read more.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you got a kick out of it!~Jim

Sturmie posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 12:26am

Awsome

JBern replied:

Thanks!~Jim

jhbwolverine posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 12:22am

Great chapter. The Harry/Luna was well done (and not over-done), and the part about Hack showing off his prick was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Sometimes I find that Hack and Kwan can be just as entertaining "offscreen" as they are "onscreen."~Jim

Wizard posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 10:12pm

wOOOt!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is only the beginnings of trouble, right? Greater Daemon, Voldemort, and who knows what else...

Well, it'll certainly be an interesting read.

M. Le'Quack

JBern replied:

I'm fairly certain trouble started back in chapter 1 of Bungle, but I could be wrong?~Jim

Rakhasa posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 10:03pm

I loved it. It was well worth the wait. Well, actually if I had my way you would post a new chapter every day and there would be no wait, but sadly that's not possible until the fans can find you adress and kidnap you. Where did you say you lived, by the way?

I loved the Ron interaction. He forgave too soon, but Harry, deep down, probably whished than Ron, the only friend he did not see betray him, was actully inocent -though I do find disturbing the Wizarding World's view in love potions, but that is on par with most irrationalities on that world.
About that, it was a very nice surprise to see Ron as the loyal friend. Betrayed!Harry and Weasley bashing is a not-so-secret vice of mine, but you do get tired of the twins being the only Weasleys on Harry side. A fic with Greminoe and the twins as traitors and our favourite prat as loyal is a rarity.

Another wonderful twist is Harry as a Dark Lord. This may come back to bite his ass on the future, after Voldemort is dead, but, by now, your Harry seems beyond caring about his reputation on the Wizarding World.

Keep the good work.

JBern replied:

Hmmm, depends on where I would be kidnapped to.   Nice and sunny?   Sounds like  a plan.   Cold and dreary?   No thanks.

Naturally,  it could and probably will come back to bite Harry in the heiney.   Where would the fun be if it didn't?

Thanks for the review and I hope my works continue to impress you.~Jim

Joel Kingery posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 9:57pm

That conversation with Narcissa was sheer genius.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glady you enjoyed it.~Jim

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 9:48pm


I really, really didn't like killing off Minerva McGonnagal, and in such an easy way.

But I love the idea of Harry pretending to be Dark Lord, pretending to be Harry Potter. Brilliant! Keep up good work!

JBern replied:

With Minerva, I wanted to provoke a reaction and establish that my versions of the Horcruxes won't be going out easily.   Remember Ravenclaw's message in Bungle that the cup would be the hardest test of Harry's skills?

Thanks for the review.~Jim

dic posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 9:06pm

yeah nice turn! really good idea with chilotha.

I was a bit surprised that harry was so accepting towards ron, but let's see what comes out of that...

the way harry and luna progress with their relationship fits nicely, I think.
all in all, good work, keep it up!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm thinking the next chapter by Jan 15th, we'll see.~Jim

happyreader posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 8:22pm

It's all good. I really like your Luna , the person you built behind the persona is better than any I remember.

JBern replied:

That's a really nice compliment.   Thank you.~Jim

Evelyna posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 8:17pm

I don't believe it! This is soooo fantastic! This chapter made my day.
I love the idea with Harry pretending to be Chilotha pretending to be Harry...
greez
Gertrud

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Hope the next chapter impresses you just as much!~Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 7:38pm

Nit: "You can't see out the windows, but the clouds just got a little darker." (While in the great hall.)
Uh, enchanted ceiling?

Most delightful chapter. LOVE seeing Harry tear into Dumbles and assorted others.
But what's with you torturing our poor hero? It would be enough for him to polish off Voldy and get revenge on Albus.
Instead you've made him some kind of demon horcrux, in addition to Voldemort's horcrux, and sharing the dangerous "Mr. Blood" with Voldy too!

With poison in his animagus mouth and growing demon powers, perhaps Harry will become a new super nundu?
Hope he finds out before Voldy comes to Hogwarts and wipes the floor with him!

Thanks for the update.

JBern replied:

He was speaking metaphorically about the clouds getting a bit darker.   Probably not the best choice of words on my part though.

Glad you enjoyed the chapter.   Next update in probably 2 weeks.~Jim

jono74656 posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 7:12pm

A wondeful gift for the festive season!

The character interactions are magnificent, and it's nice to see a Ron who isn't a worthless, backstabbing git.

The Harry/Luna sequences are beyond reproach, and the whole 'maniacal monologue' with Narcissa just made my day.

Keep up the good work,

J

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it and especially glad to see that you appreciated that Harry might've been wrong to condem Ron with the rest of the backstabbers.

Why not make Riddle try and make a mistake or three?  ~Jim

Djkorrosive posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 6:56pm

I very much enjoyed this.

Took me a while to slug my way through it. I particularly enjoyed the Harry and Luna makout scene.

Interested in the angle you set up in the last scene. It's pretty good to see a Narcissa that believes in the cause, even passionate about it.

The tonks scene was...indicative of her character.

Heh, as with this and TLIL show's a rather accurate appreciation of the female form.

Keep it up.

JBern replied:

Trust me, it took me much longer to push through this chapter.   That last scene was debated and reworded for the better part of a week on Alpha Fight Club.   The cruelest scenario was actually offered by Crys outside of AFC when he thought I should go the cliffy route of Harry making the proclamation to Narcissa that he is Chilotha and offer none of the supporting logic behind his bluff and immediately end the chapter.

You poor readers would be left going WTF?   The flames would have been funny though.~Jim

ruby tripton posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 6:52pm

i was picturing hack ala 'crocodile dundee'... thats not a big prick - this is...

harry pretending to be a daemon pretending to be harry... or maybe its harry only thinking he is pretending....hmmm i like this

I must be the only one who isnt so impressed w/ the h/l scene. i felt like he was toying with her and even tho' he was controlling his inner animal i still felt like he came off as being less emotionally tied to the scene and more horny.

i agree that Ron is becoming tolerable (even if useless) and Hermione for all her brains just cant do anything right... you make her quite unlikable.

i would love to see harry send dobby back to #12 to piss off Mrs. W on purpose! (like moving all the pots and pans to different cabinets)

cant wait for more!

JBern replied:

Let's hope he's just pretending...

Sorry you didn't care for the H/L scenes.   I thought they were quaint and helped established the pair and push them past their problem of being so open with each other in the journals.

More coming soon.~Jim

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 5:22pm

A long, but totally wonderful chapter - the interactions with both Fleur and then Luna were masterfully done - the teasing game to look at the book just fits so well with the personalities that you have developed for them - and having the daemon still conscious in the pensieve, and giving romantic advice, is killer.
There is a plot line that has some pain floating out there looking for a place to land.
The wizarding world as you portray it is tragically short on logic, aren't they??? - Dumbles not even thinking of the ministry questioning Fletcher after he is through - tonks not being able to grasp that finding out that one has been obliviated multiple times just might put one a little on edge around the folks who did it - One wants to either use jeconais's new spell - remove stupid - or userfriendly dot org's giant foam clue bat on them

thanks for sharing and continuing the story - It was a most appreciated Christmas gift.

warm regards

JBern replied:

Always a pleasure to read your reviews, Ken.   Dumbledore is used to dealing with the incompetent Fudge and not the scheming Scrimgeour.   Tonks sees Harry only through the lenses of her relationship with Remus, realizing of course that Harry isn't the center of everyone's universes.

Glad you enjoyed the chapter.   More coming soon.~Jim