Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 10:33pm

solid chapter, featuring some good lateral thinking. hopefully there won't be too many more chapters before Harry meets his objective

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 10:31pm

> frankly, the idea of Hack speaking directly into you mind might have a real downside.
Snerk! Ya think?

> At some point, assuming you live long enough, you're going to make a therapist very, very rich.
*laugh*

> Back in South America, it was, "Stay sharp, Harry. We need you on watch tonight." Somewhere along the way it became, "Rest up, Harry. We'll probably need you to kill something soon."
Kinda a change in how they treat him, isn't it?

Cool. Magical sledding uphill. That IS a serious change in landspeed. Rather surprising that there weren't ANY spotters posted.

Full of snarky comments, as usual. Great fun.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

hordac85 posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:36pm

Excellent.Keep it up.

Godslayer221 posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:33pm

This continues to be a thrilling unique story. Thank you for taking the time and effort into writing it.

Jizzle posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:24pm

Oh, I totally forgot. The line, "Kill them. Kill them all." had me in stitches. The timing was perfect on that one.

Jon posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:22pm

strike fast, strike hard and leave chaos in your wake eh? =)
Thanks for the Lie reference...
Loved the action and pacing, looking forward to more. =)

Jizzle posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:19pm

Babies are more important than stories, even an awesome story like this one. Thanks for continuing to write it. I enjoyed the chapter, though it very much had a set up kind of feel. The only really significant even was Harry sleeping with the guide, and since I really have no idea what her deal is, it did not feel particularly meaningful. Just another fling that this Harry is getting into the annoying habit of having regularly.

silentjackal posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 5:04pm

Congrats on the new one!

Story is as good as ever keep it up

Vukk posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 4:30pm

Love the sledding idea and reaching the camp with the fortifications not finished yet. Can't wait to see the counter-actions taken by the horsemen.

Orion posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 4:13pm

Thanks for the chapter.

Also, if I'm reading your author's note correctly: Congratulations.

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 3:07pm

You write some of the best action scenes around.

I like that your Harry isn't the only one coming up with ideas. He is super but not supreme which makes for a much better story.

More Hack please. Also, nice job with Moody.

bkfriend posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 2:29pm

Loved it! Take the time you need, as a proud (relatively) new grandparent I am well aware that there are significantly more important things in this life.

skulLXeon posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 2:25pm

Ah, Harry. Taking one for the team... =) Good job, very good job... I've not much else to say right now... since my head is pounding cause of my cold... =) but awesome... I'll see you next time you update this or Lie.... :) laters...

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 2:15pm

Good work. Ah, the heady joys of new baby. Is our nymph guide the baba yaga? I suspect not, just because if I sww it coming, it's nearly always a red herring.

Claudia R posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 1:10pm

I loved Sveltana and I really really think that she *is* the Bone Mother! and this chapter confirmed that to me!

I liked the fight scenes and Hack's taking the giant out and rating out Harry by accident
At least Harry isn't as trusting!

I loved the use of Bill's animagus form to dig out! and of course History of magic being useful! with Binns experience chances are he is trying to prepare young wizards for another revolt and is being ignored poor guy

Also Moody the pervert! he really does get all uses of his eye! Though it was good that people scolded Harry about his focus. There are times for that (and if Sveltana does turn out to be the bone mother, his reaction will be priceless... age difference indeed)

and Kwan the master of ideas!


Can't they use the daemon bone again later? just scrape of the top with the sapper carvings...

Loved the ending and it was fun seeing James's saying here!

and indeed a good one that can used in may places

Shepherd posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 12:19pm

Nice use of magic with the tent and the cave.

dc1 posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 11:58am

This is intage Jbern at its best. The essence that made Bungle my favourite of your stories has returned with a vengence. In some respects, being stuck at Hogwarts has been cramping your style, now that the party is out in the world things are looking up in a big way. I definately rate this and the last chapter as the best of the story.

cheers
dc1

Kaerion posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 11:50am

This feels a bit like a transitional chapter, with very little (obvious) forward motion in the plot, but it still rocks! :) I think the best part about this Harry (if I had to pick just one) is his ability to think on his feet and outside the box, which kinda combines with his ability to surround himself with trusted advisers who are also good at it. That definitely shines through again in this chapter, and it's very nice to see that Harry is both as badass as ever, and still just as much of a manslut. I've come to expect both, in this story, so thanks for living up to my expectations! :)

Anyway, no one who actually matters will ever complain about slow updates as long as you have your baby girl to worry about and take care of, so please just take whatever time you need to keep the quality as high as usual, and ignore any asshats who may show up. You're doing a wonderful job with all your fics, and considering how you're actually doing it for free, I'm just happy you still have time to write at all.

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work!

nesparatu posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 11:36am

So, I'm going to guess that Svetlana is really the Bone Mother. If I'm right, I can't wait to see the reactions of everyone, but especially Harry. My guess is the reclusive Bone Mother is a person who exists as legend and is replaced often (kind of like the Dread Pirate Roberts). Anyway, I'm glad you're back and love this part. Can't wait for the next part, and good luck with your new baby.

zwammy posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 11:27am

Roger on the "new babies are serious time sappers" - glad mine are all grown. As usual, another great chapter, and a rousing cheer for the news of a new Lie chapter. Just out of curiousity, is Svetlana Baba Yaga, and it's just a hereditary position? I could see you being sneaky and having her accompany the crew so she could get an idea of thier purpose and to look for weaknesses - and to collect fluids or hairs (or whatever) from Harry to play havoc with him. Whatever, it's all good!