Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 11:14am

Dang, Harry just keeps getting into it deeper and deeper, and wonder what little Svetlana is going to be coming upo with, and what her connection really is? Sweet to see that Fleur is trying her best to help Harry out some, but still sad to see that things went so bad with Luna. Going to be curious to see what happens next, and how things will end up with Harry and his gang.

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 11:14am

Awesome!

Totally awesome!

So we found out who Harry was with. We found out more about this mysterious Baba Yaga. We meet yet another new interesting female character (Harry does draw 'em in, doesn't he?)

Can't wait for more!

--Lady I

kate19 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 10:47am

I WANT MORE!!!!! take your time though!! i was due a good chapter of a story which i really really like!! so thanks for that. other than that, can't wait for Lie and hope to see more of turn loose soon!!

bye

Anthony May posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 10:16am

I must say that this is an amazing story that has me captivated. I hope Harry & Luna work out but the story is so strong and intense - I'm with you where-ever you go!

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 9:47am

Very nasty place to leave us. Could you make Harry's life any harder?
My God, he's already fought a demon, is he going to face every known (and some unknown) mythological figures.
A large heat shield to form a tunnel? Freeze the air to form a tunnel?
Run like hell?

TeddyLupin posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 9:29am

AHHH!!! How could you just stop like! I plead for an update soon!!!!

Love the story so far. The small side bits, like Nicolette and the information on the Le Fay Paradox, truly makes this story stand out above others. I love it!!

Please update soon and I can't wait to find out what Dumbles is doing with Tonks (wow, I didn't mean that to sound so perverted...)

angelbrat posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 8:54am

Ha! After the Kwan and Collin cameo in Lie, it was pretty sweet to see Aim-, er "Nicolette" in this one. And in the best possible way for Harry, too.

I like the epic feel of going for Baba Yaga. I already knew of her when she was first mentioned so I had a feel of the danger, but it feels even more duanting as they get closer to her.

Thanks for the update and as always looking forward to more.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 8:37am


Poor Harry! Maybe he'll get lucky, and the witch will simply say, "Oh, I noticed there was part of a nasty soul in this thing. I already got rid of it" -- he needs some good luck! (I know, probably not!)

Wolf550e posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 7:45am

>>his quest was to eliminate Rasputin and a number of Romanov's<< - plural, remove apostrophe.

>>has a castle that would be in right in that area.<< - double "in".

>>I've seen something like this the Egyptian tombs — true petrifaction<< - missing "in", what is "petrifaction"?

Great chapter. Is the girl Fleur sent significant? Feel free to ask me about Russian, it's my native language.

JBern replied:

oops supposed to be petrification.   Thanks for the other comments.   It's fixed now.   Hopefully, you'll enjoy the Baba Yaga story arc.   I'll do my best to do the myth justice.

warpwizard posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 7:32am

Nice chapter. Meaty. Nice cliffie too. :)

JBern replied:

Literally - it's a cliff.   That's the part I found most amusing about writing it.   Glad you liked it.   Lie 15 coming soon.~Jim

biged78 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 5:53am

For the past couple days, I've been re-reading these two stories. I just got done reading your last previously posted chapter and hit the more authors icon when I noticed a new chapter had been posted. Just an unexpected coincidence I thought I would mention.

JBern replied:

Glad you have been re-reading.   Happy to deliver the instant gratification of a new chapter.

Regards,

Jim

rebirthofham posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2008 2:34am

What does right on schedule mean?

JBern replied:

It means chapter 8 is now posted!   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Monday 14th July 2008 5:28am

Loved the Albus Severus Potter ploy hilarious.

You continue to amaze me with your amazing writing style. I love the way you portray runes, wards, and animagus in this fic. And Harry is just bitchin.

Keep up the good work on this, and Lie I've Lived.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope you enjoy the new chapter.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 12:51pm

I'm really starting to think Luna's just not mature enough for a relationship with somebody as messed up as Harry. :-)

I wonder what DD plans about Ralph. I'm guessing he figures he can destroy it and force Harry's return anytime he wants.

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

JBern replied:

Next chapter of this is in 2 weeks.   Luna hasn't had to grow up.   She might just now.~Jim

rustymotion posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 10:59am

hahahaha baba yaga, i feel like i just fell back in to my eastern european mythology class, waiting to see how you rock this one out, but hey wherever you go with this, is working for me so far! Plus you got a killer entourage, maybe you'll even add someone similar to turtle and johnny chase, so it rocks even harder. killer fic.
shakah

JBern replied:

I'll do my best to do it justice.~Jim

Saba posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 9:42am

... i hate dumbledore.... awesome story, looovvee itt

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in about 2 weeks.~Jim

Stonebrow posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 7:17am

Maybe I'm just slow, but it took me a few readings of this sentence to make sense of it.
The book says when and not if you get sick to do it into the pot.
I think it should be something like-
The book says when (and not if) you get sick, to do it into the pot.
or
The book says when -not if- you get sick, to do it into the pot.

Otherwise, loving the new chapter and the whole story in general.

JBern replied:

Well minor quibble aside, I'm glad you enjoyed this story.~Jim

Philly Homer posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 4:54am

Nice! An update for TML, even if I'm a bit late to the update party. A pretty good chapter, with a nice little cliff hanger, leaving us wanting more. Now on to the actual review.

There was nice characterization going on within this chapter. Hermy funbags finally sees the world isn't all black or white, nor is Dumbledore as infallibe as the Pope. I look forward to seeing how she progresses after this, but I'm more than happy to wait for it as Harry finally leaves Hogwarts and Dumbledore behind.

Speaking of Dumbledore, I thought it was very clever, the way he reacted to the existence of Ralph. He threw Harry completely off his game, and Harry was once again left wondering who the hell Dumbledore really is. The part with Abeforth was pretty funny to read, especially with his revelation of where exactly the inappropriate goat charms story came from.

Luna's reaction was pretty much expected. She is an insecure, shy, little twit while Harry is a confident big boy, who also happens to be banging broads left and right. If I was Bill I would definitely keep an eye on Fleur and Harry, as Luna pointed out Harry was a little too quick to come to her aid. To be honest with you I'm glad that the relationship sap is on the side for now, Harry can deal with it later when he comes back.

I have never heard of Baba Yaga, but from what I read on Wikipedia, it sounds decent, and I have absolutely no doubt in your ability to make it badass.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it with the added bruhaha at DLP.   Hopefully, the pace of the story will pick up out of Hogwarts.

I'll do my best to do Baba Yaga justice.~Jim

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 3:44am

I like your imagery of how potions would work so unlike chemistry.

Quick Brit pick: "he must be truly nuts" not nutters. A person is a nutter (noun - a madman) or is nuts (adjective - crazy). It's only a tiny point for future reference though.

Loved your idea about the origins of Igor. I think Hack is doing pretty well on his own. Also loved Soto's letter and the resulting homunuclus. Ralph is a good name for him.

Interesting meeting with Abe. The Dementors idea is a good one, I like the thought that they have Masters waiting to appear. As always, I'm delighted to see the return of spikey Luna, though Looney has her own admirable qualities, and the way she dances Harry on a string. I like the fact you never make it easy on them either.

Nice ending. Kwan is always good value for money and Baba Yaga is one of my favourite nasty folktales. She did some pretty messed up things. As always, can't wait to read more. Good chapter.

JBern replied:

Brit pick noted.   Igor is good!   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 2:55am

Another great update! Harry dabbling in the dark arts some more giving Hermione his "baby" to take care of. Awesome stuff. Can't wait for more!

Rob

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim