Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

bkfriend posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 5:09pm

Great story so far. Poor Luna I don't know that she is ever gonna find love or even Mr. Goodbar.

I went to the link for reality bites. Good story well told with a Saki like twist. Just the way I like them.

Please let everyone know when the book is released I look forward to purchasing a copy.

Brian

JBern replied:

Thanks for listening to Reality Bites.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.   As for this story, the next update will be in 2 weeks.   It'll be hard to get me to shut up about Dead Eye when it is released.   Trust me, you'll know.~Jim

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 2:55pm

It is disturbingly hard going for Harry, still. I am sure that I would not have the fortitude to do what he does. I would have concluded that the world could burn long before now.

Luna is proving that she is not mature enough for a relationship as an adult and too angsty for a relationship as a teenager. I think I only morn the relationship as it is the central romance, not as a viable one. Whether it is truly dead or not on paper, I don't think it could survive.

Thank you for writing. It was excellent.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

I think I'll ship Harry/Action for a few chapters and see if that improves the pace of the story.

Thanks for the review as always.~Jim

Jizzle posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 2:00pm

Excellent chapter. I feel weird saying this as a huge Harry/Luna shipper, but it was good to see them have a massive fight. If two emotional cripples like them got together no problems, it would be both unrewarding and unrealistic. This is better, and I look forward to seeing them do the growing up they need to if their relationship is going to work.

The crack about naming Ralph Albus Severus has to be one of the best slams of DH that I've ever seen. Well done.

I like Ralph in general. For basically being a plot device with no lines, it's got a lot of personality. The line about it having one eye that opens, the stink that Hack respects, etc etc...All those little touches really made it.

I look forward to seeing Moody next chapter, and I hope it won't be Baba Yaga Harry's shagging.

Ew.

JBern replied:

They are indeed damaged goods.   So, it'll take time for them to sort it out.   Slamming DH is almost too easy.

All hail Ralph...

the_mean_marine posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 1:51pm

Awesome work, keep it up!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I will!~Jim

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 1:50pm

Wow. I've got to say, you can really bring in twists and turns that I can only dream of, much less think of writing about. You continue to craft an enthralling yarn here. Sad to see Luna and Harry fall apart, but as he is right now, she can't keep up with him, and he needs someone that can. I think that with time, Luna could grow nicely, but Harry is moving at warp drive, while Luna continues along at impulse. Quite interesting to see Aberforth and his dig at Albus, no love between those two at all it seems(though the little Albus Severus dig? Most excellent, and great to see someone else wondering, just where JKR decided to pull that out of her hat.) Dumbledore's true single-mindness shows up a bit, and maybe this will break Hermione out of her worship of him a bit, but doubt it. Looking forward to the next chapter, and to see what all Harry and Co. get up to in Russia.

JBern replied:

That'll teach me for releasing two chapters so close to each other.   I've been answering reviews for the past two days!   Glad you enjoyed this chapter.   I hope my stories continue to impress you.

Regards,

Jim

Immortalitis posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 1:26pm

An excellent chapter.

It's like Karma has put on a steel capped boot and is preparing to kick Harry in the jewels.

And it's good to see you really delve into Luna's persona. She is highly insecure, when you think about it.

Keep up the good work!

Regards
Immo

JBern replied:

Thank you for the review.   Luna's personal growth will be in the backdrop for a time.  

Regards,

Jim

djbe posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 1:24pm

Hehe, loved the new chapter and that podcast was quite good too. It's just the format that doesn't agree with me: I prefer reading. But oh well, nice story too, I especially liked the story twists towards the end (resisting the illusion and that she also was a vampire). I'm curious about what the title for the next chapter of TML stands for... Harry going wild? Or maybe Luna going wild??

JBern replied:

Thanks for listening to the podcst.   I'll put it up in written format sometime.   You have a valid point about who might be cutting loose.

Regards,

Jim

Manatheron posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 1:03pm

I have to admit that I greatly enjoy the misc. bits of Legend and folklore you like to throw in. What's next? The origins of the werewolf and vampires from the holy grail? The Defeated titans of olympus?

JBern replied:

I'll stick to Baba Yaga for the moment, but I'm glad you appreciate the effort I put into my stories.   Next update in 2 weeks.

Regards,

Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 12:50pm

He's disgusting. I almost named him Albus Severus Potter, but that just seemed cruel.



That's great!

Aside from the beta matter that the next chap title should be 'Making Love to Whomever I Please', I have nothing of value to offer. Sad, I am. I'm enjoying this immensely, though!

JBern replied:

I'll have to check the lyrics on the whoever/whomever thing, but you're probably right.

Thanks for the review.   Glad you're enjoying it.~Jim

Cuey posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 12:46pm

Nice! I'll be fine with Harry enjoying himself next chapter as long as he isn't "enjoying" himself with Baba Yaga. Even if she is hot-looking do to some ritual, you literally have no idea how many people she has been with.

Ralph Potter is awesome, but slightly less so than Hat from Lie. What is your source material for the homunculus? Will Ralph ever actually do anything, or will he just lie around recharging the wards? I am hoping he will eventually get up, escape from suite, and cause all kinds of havoc.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Harry/Baba?   That'd be creepy...   :-)

Ralph has a small role in this story.   I'll see where it can be expanded.

Next chapter in 2 weeks oh poster of the strange polls.~Jim

Andreas Nagel posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 12:20pm

Nice touch on old russian children tales. You have now Baba Yaga it left over Koschei the deathles with his soul in a needle that lies in a egg that is in a duck ... . I liked especially his interaction with Sheila.

schkuro

JBern replied:

I'll do my best to do the legends surrounding Baba Yaga justice.   Thanks for the review.   Next chapter in 2 weeks.~Jim

riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 12:19pm

Very good chapter

JBern replied:

Finally caught up on my review replies.   Thanks for reading and I'm glad you continue to enjoy the story.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 11:51am

Baba Yaga? I am impressed.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll try and do it justice.~Jim

Luan Mao posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 11:34am

A good chapter, Mr B. TML doesn't grab me nearly as much as Lie does, but I like how chaos and his own mouth are keeping Super!Harry from romping freely.

You're doing an ok job of portaying powerful foes, but the mercenary team and Kwan seem to be polishing them off behind the scenes too smoothly. May we hope that Harry's own brains and abilities will play a major role in dealing with or destroying Baba Yaga?

JBern replied:

Don't count on that trend continuing.   The enemies are starting to get more powerful.   Hopefully after chapter 8 comes out in a few weeks, you'll be more invested in this story.~Jim

katiedidnt365 posted a comment on Thursday 19th June 2008 3:47am

this story is hilarious!!=) please please please update soon!!!!!!

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.~Jim

Carol Layland posted a comment on Thursday 5th June 2008 1:05pm

Having just finished reading all six chapters posted here I must admit that the English Teacher in me is completely fascinated by your view of Harry Potter and how he has turned out. I do like every bit of the story as it stands now and hope that as you write more of it you let me know when you do the posting. The Story is just esoteric and off beat enough to be completely entrancing. I have often felt that the Dumbledore Character is a bit more manipulative that is shown overtly in Ms Rowlings writings. Perhaps because she is European in person her characters reflect this view more that would an American's view.

JBern replied:

Thank you very much for the review.   Given your status as an English Teacher, I have to be pleased that I turned your head.   Subscribing to my stories will get you an email alert any time I post a new chapter or story.

Personally, I felt that book 7 was more about explaining Snape and Dumbledore than it was about HP.   I still haven't been able to complete it.

In one of my other stories, I tried to do a "Voldemort for the Ages".   In this one, I want to portray a "manipulative bastard" version of Dumbledore the likes of which have not been seen.   You'll have to let me know how well I pull it off.

Hopefully, when my original novel comes out, you'll be intrigued enough to take a gander.

Regards,

Jim

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:31pm

Finally I have time to read this — HUZZAH! I liked the no good come-back idea. LOL at Snape only being seconds away from a horrible death. I think he permanently is around this Harry. The Order conversation was interesting. Why would it take them that long other than for the plot device? The mind boggles if Hack wasn’t trying to ride the Centaur. LOL again at Hagrid’s social life. Hawg’trid did indeed bend the boundaries of good taste. In fact I think Harry wasn’t the only one smelling bile but it was still funny so it passes. Loved Harry’s duel with Snape, if you can call it that. Poor Katie, no wonder everyone stays away from Loony when she behaves like that. Liked the purple sky idea.

I imagine the conversation with Ginny left a rather bitter taste in Harry’s mouth. It’s difficult to see how she can be anything but a social outcast if the truth comes to light. Loved the "And people say this girl is insane…". Dumbledore is insane, right? Because turning Harry into a footrest is only going to piss him off. Luna’s double-speak is as enjoyable as ever. LOL at the "redirect your anger with sexual innuendo" — brilliant line. Borderline Necromancy? This is going to be messy. Highly enjoyable chapter, as always. More please.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   You caught me on a morning dedicated to catching up on review replies.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter.   I'm almost finished with LIe 13, but things have been hectic around here lately.

Hope all is well on the other side of the pond.~Jim

nfk posted a comment on Sunday 1st June 2008 3:11am

You know, I never thought a 2nd person story would be as enjoyable as this and Bungle in the Jungle are. Sure I've read a bunch of Choose Your Own Adventures when I was a kid, but this takes the 2nd person concept and makes it cool again.

Your Dumbledore is so annoying and such an asshole that he's become completely awesome. I love to hate that guy. And he little do... um, bird too! I just hope Harry gets some revenge for that little footstool thing on both Dumbledore and Fawkes.

The Luna-Dumbledore conversation over an inanimate Potter was nothing short of brilliant. For him to hold such a conversation with Loony (and to give her points to boot) borders on gleeful lunacy and moves Dumbledore up a peg on both the awesome and asshole scale. Damn that guy is annoying, but he's sooooooo cool while doing it.

Whatever you are smoking and/or taking, keep it up. I look forward to the next chapter and some borderline Necromancy among friends!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the chance I took on doing this story in this format.   In my other story, I tried to give a definative version of Voldemort.   In Bungle/TML I want to give a manipulative Dumbledore readers will compare all others against and really set the standard.

The best revenge Harry can get is making it so Dumbledore holds no power over him...

Ben10 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd May 2008 5:51pm

Good to know that you're back! I hope your book writing went well.

JBern replied:

The writing went well and I can finally catch up on my review replies - as you probably already noticed since I replied to a real old one from you as well.   Next chapter of this one by June 15th.

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 22nd May 2008 5:14am

Good chapter. I knew Hack and Hagrid would be mates. It seems to me that AD's actions in attacking Harry might work towards mitigating Harry's oath; if it doesn't then Harry returning the favor might not oppose the oath. I'd like to see Harry get a little something back from Albus. Maybe it is time for him to meditate on not attacking ones supposed allies let alone the diplomatic envoy of another nation. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

The best revenge Harry can have is getting himself into a position where AD has no power over him...