Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

uNople posted a comment on Tuesday 8th May 2007 11:21am

wow. I am really pleased on how you finished this story. I look forward to the next one with great anticipation

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.   I'm proud of finishing my first fanfic.~Jim

Claudia R posted a comment on Tuesday 8th May 2007 11:20am

Good, a little time skip to have us settled!
I liked how you handled it! I specially liked the patronus healing!
Th Golden Rules!!! I was missing them! Some time I am going back to read through the story in order to find all of them!!
The planning of the trouble for for Dumbles was lovely!
The Goblin scene is priceless! I loved it to bits!! And the way it ended, very nice I was expecting to never hear what would happen to Zar and his crew!

And I so wish I knew what took place when Moody and Kwan met! not a chance to see an omake on that is there?

I know that Hack in England will be awesome! Having to declare him is a very funny image, but I can see why a not registered troll would be trouble.... I liked the shrunken inferi hoard comment, or though since it reminded of the one in last chapter... he may get his hoard yet!

and the bounty hunters negotiations round... one of my favorite parts... specially the bantering over his head!
The moment with Lauren was unexpected... I didn't think he would take her up on that, but it would be nice for him to be able to have someone for whom to survive the war for, and the child might give him that.

Luna's mention of Fleur was great... and if she ever followed through her threat I think she would be the happiest witch in the World and not only Europe!

I loved the chapter to bits and it was a nice way to wrap it up, and still leave it clear to connect with the Sequel, and putting the musics at the end was great!

I will look forward to the sequel even if I know we won't be getting it soon...
still if you have any missing scenes of the 'verse it would be nice to see them!!

And the Kwan Moody meeting was something I would be greatfull to see, and of course more of what Fleur had been up to!

I loved your characterization of her! She is a adult woman who can be a real sister to Harry and help him understand the feminine world in a way no other man can help! Not mention sisterly teasing is one of the best brands of pepper-up potions there are!!!

JBern replied:

Well thank you for a massive review.   Maybe the sequel will explore when Kwan first met Moody.~Jim

Prospero Hibiki posted a comment on Tuesday 8th May 2007 11:17am

Yay!
Good read...and I should really be inside the Rickover building studying for my CMR final...but the story was too good to pass up! And well worth it.
Oh well off to clean up after my PFA this afternoon. Can't Wait to read the sequel.
-Prospero Hibiki

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Finally catching up on my backlog.~Jim

Prophet_ posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2007 4:22pm

Wow.

Best. Fight. Scene. EVAR.

That is all.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Euphemism posted a comment on Sunday 29th April 2007 4:16pm

Great chapter, though some parts of it could use a grammar check or two. The Will was interesting enough that I almost wanted to see the results and reactions if Harry did die. Especially of interest - Hermione explaining the 30 pieces of silver, and the Dursley reaction.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I have the betaed version and I'll post it at some point.   Right now I am trying to catch up from my vacation and reply to everyone's nice reviews.~Jim

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 28th April 2007 4:20am

Great chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Friday 27th April 2007 3:33pm

WoW dubble WoW. Ok this story is the best. Keep it up like to see more of harry and Lunna.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Karenelaine posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 4:01pm

I liked the story. Very good. Looking forward to the epilogue.

JBern replied:

Hopefully, the epilogue met your expectations.~Jim

Rick posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 3:27pm

BRAVO! Well Done. Love your Growth Potion Harry.Look out Voldie, Growth Potion is the power he knows not! Cant wait for next chapter.
Thanks,
Rick

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 5:40am

Awesome chapter man! That was an awesome fight and very very well done! Wow and by the end it was desperate and crazy. The prep and buildup. Nice work on all the "exchanges" and wow, harry and bill are gonna be nutso rich from killing the darn thing. Excellent work!

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Hope you liked the epilogue as well.~Jim

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Thursday 26th April 2007 1:57am

Great chapter. You really created a strong battle sequence that flowed well and really carried the reader on. I didn't expect Harry to end the battle in his growth enhanced Jaguar form. That made for a great finish.

So now it's time to loot, heal and get out of the city. I hope that the survivor's decide to return Thunderclouds body before getting in contact with Dumbledore and company. I think that Harry and Lauren would both benefit from being able to say goodbye to him together.

I'm looking forward to seeing you finish up this story and start "Turn Me Loose". I can't wait to see how much things get stirred up when Harry and Bill return to England. Thanks for a great story.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope it raises the bar for what you consider a great battle.   Sorry for the delay in responding, but I figured you'd rather have the epilogue first.~Jim

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Wednesday 25th April 2007 4:42pm

Man you kick some serious butt! You are awesome. Who needs Amazon when I've got quality and talent like you. Keep up the GREAT work - Erik

JBern replied:

Thanks. Now all I need is some original ideas and a deal...!Jim

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Wednesday 25th April 2007 9:30am

Oh man, what a story you've crafted here. I still can't wrap my mind around how Luna just kept transferring her frustration with life upon Harry. I mean she was really trying to hurt Harry...it went well beyond venting, and trust me I've dealt with something very similar to this and that girl never did let go of her anger...even to this day.

Harry made some stupid mistakes early on in this story including his couple of dalliances with women for the meaningless but educational sexual escapades.

Bill and Fleur are awesome in the way you've written them, and the curse breaking crew is what all motley crews should be even as the crew has dwindled away.

The tomb was about the most insanely diabolical set of challenges I've ever read in a story to get one single horcux...I guess Riddle was having a bad day when he thought that one up.

As for Harry's other friends...man you've made them as unsympathetic and unlikable as possible. I doubt they would be quite so callous towards Harry even worst possible scenario, but it is your premise so I've run with it and enjoyed.

The take on Luna has been very entertaining, in my stories I've taken a couple of different routes with her character and the persona idea is...vaguely similar but you've taken it to a completely different level.

I eagerly await the nest update and the finish of the story. I'd like to think Luna is going insane knowing the letters she writes aren't reaching him, and that she left things on such a bad place due to her own issues.

Thanks for writin,
Matt

JBern replied:

Thanks for your long and well thought out review.   I need to get back to reading some of your work when I get a chance.

This week I am working on the epilogue so I can say that I have a completed fic under my belt.   I'm sure you know the feeling you get when get close to finishing one...

The motives of DD and his 'friends' will become more clear in the sequel.   Luna will finally respond in this coming chapter and I'll try and tie up some loose ends while setting up the sequel.

I'm glad you like a Harry that makes mistakes and missteps.   He's a more believeable hero in that respect and I think that makes the reader identify with him more.

Regards,

Jim

cjonbloodletter posted a comment on Wednesday 25th April 2007 6:04am

All the way through this story I have loved the character growth that you show. In other stories most of the authors actually have to point it out, but towards the end of each chapter, sometimes I feel like I've grown a bit to. Thats something every author should aspire to induce in there readers.

JBern replied:

Still catching up.   Sorry for the delay in the response.   Thanks for the compliments.~Jim

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Tuesday 24th April 2007 11:58pm

I think Bill is a little premature. Doesn't Gringot's have first choice outside the vaults? I was worried that they might pick the Horicrux (which they still havn't found, right?) but perhaps a demon might be a good second first choice.

Great chapter! Keep it up.

JBern replied:

The epilogue hopefully answers your comments.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

KenF posted a comment on Tuesday 24th April 2007 1:28pm

Just picked this one up. Awsome story so far. I like Harry's perspective and his relationship with Bill. And Hack ROCKS!!!!!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   The epilogue is now up.~Jim

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 24th April 2007 6:35am

Oh what a superb chapter. Absolutely the best chapter so far, and that is saying something. I thought the battle with Chilotha was awsome. So many great lines and so little review space.
The stuff about sending Snape a slinky just to make him wonder is so superb.
The line about holding any future zombie mobs up to the standard of this one, had me laughing for ages.
The patronus idea was awsome, especially when you managed to get Harry to have a revelation about protecting himself and having his patronus become his jaguar form. Then the whole jaguar patroni infusing his animagi self, its all just too good for words. I am in awe, I am not worthy!
Thank you so much for writing such a darkly comic and thrilling story.
Monkey

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Didn't know you were such good friends with RG.   Hope the wait wasn't too brutal for the finished product.   Sorry for the delay in my reply - still catching up from vacation.

Who wouldn't give Snape a slinky?   The man needs a hobby.   The zombie horde comment was my favorite of the chapter.  

As for the battle, it was the very best I am currently capable of.   I will strive to improve as a writer, but at the moment, it was my best effort and I think I will be proud of it for a good long time to come.~Jim

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 23rd April 2007 5:49pm

Perseverance, you like that in your zombie hordes. Any zombie horde you get from here on out will be held to this standard!



That has got to be one of the best lines in a story ever!

Great chapter, loved the battle, especially when Harry used his anger and rage to overpower the terror inflicted by the monstor.

Awesome use of a beloved character with the eagle totem. I eagerly await the end of this story as well as the beginning of its sequel!

JBern replied:

Well, if you don't set standards for zombie hordes, you're going to end up with a bunch of slackers!   I hope this has raised the bar by which you judge final battles.~Jim

tempeleng posted a comment on Monday 23rd April 2007 2:52pm

Wow! I certainly didn't expect that to happen. Can't wait to know how he's going to act when he finally meets Dumbledore

Poor Thundercloud, now even his totem is gone. I really like him.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed.   The epilogue is now up and the sequel will get started in a bit.~Jim

C. Sardothien posted a comment on Monday 23rd April 2007 1:28pm

Hell yeah! Kick that Daemon arse!

Are we going to see Harry kick Voldemort's / Dumbledore's arse in this fic as well?

o.0

JBern replied:

That's for the sequel.   Glad you enjoyed it!~Jim