Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Michael69 posted a comment on Sunday 25th March 2007 12:02am

Dude....I love you. You...there are no words here....gimmmie a few days.

JBern replied:

Well in that case, I'll cherish your love in a platonic non-homosexual way.   The wife would be pretty upset if it were any other way than that!~Jim

Taren posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 11:49pm

Very nice. Liked that Harry didn't defeat Chilotha alone. The battle was nicely done and believable.

Hope to see what Luna wrote in the past few days.

JBern replied:

Luna resurfaces in chapter 24 as current plans stand.   Though it may be chapter 23.   Can't be certain at the moment.~Jim

Bedrup posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 8:09pm

Good chapter. Excellent battle. I ´m so looking forward to H returning to Britain. Which Tull song will you be using for that one?

JBern replied:

It's not going to be a Tull song.   The sequel is titled 'Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure"   Fire up that Loverboy!!!!!   Google the lyrics and it might even give you an idea of the storyline as Harry returns to England.~Jim

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 4:58pm

Not sure of the character timeline and I'm too lazy right now to re-read.
Did Bill come out of dog form looking like Thundercloud? Why? It doesn't seem to make sense, unless it is part of the totem that I have forgotten.
When does Harry get to take DoubleDumb apart?
Will Luna ever wake up and smell the nargles?

JBern replied:

Bill had the armband on when Chilotha attacked.   When Harry dispelled the dogbill he still looked like T-Cloud.   The armband was the one from chapter 14.   Luna resurfaces in chapter 23 or 24.~Jim

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 4:21pm

I'm very glad that Bill isn't dead, although it sucks that Thundercloud is-I hope you don't kill off too many more of Harry's companions-alone against the world is a bit much for Harry at this stage. I guess Harry should take a trip back to the reservation to bring his body back, but I think that his granddaughter won't have warm and fuzzies for him anymore. It's good to see that Harry can hold his own against a powerful foe, although he clearly needs more training and knowledge. The whole Daemon seeing possible futures and pasts reminds me of an early scene in the "Wheel of Time" series, where Rand al'Thor sees all the ways he could have lived, all the women he could have loved, but always dying to the words "I have won again, Lews Therin"(or something like that). The spelling of the word Daemon also reminds me of the "Ultima" series of games, especially since they are among the most powerful opponents in that universe.

The Dumbledore thing-man, his wise-old-man persona really grates, and his throwing the Weasleys under the bus doesn't speak well of him-a good leader takes responsibility for the actions of his subordinates. His advice is hilarious in that it's entirely too late, and as usual so many problems could have been possibly averted if he practiced full disclosure instead of playing people like pawns. I can't wait to see the eventual confrontation with Harry and all his "friends"-to me that's the most exciting thing on the horizon.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Daemon in the next chapter. The whole Zombie army makes me think of "Army of Darkness", except that the good guys have the undead army this time.

JBern replied:

I get a kick out of being able to write a story with the good guys leading a zombie army.   Pretty twisted dontcha think?   Glad you are enjoying the story.   Next chapter coming soon.~Jim

Kinsfire posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 2:56pm

I see Dumbledore has learned that there are times when it's best to flat out lie to your weapon...and he'll make sure to tell the Weasleys to back him up. Like the good little DE's that they are, they'll have no problem taking the blame...

Probably not how it really is, but that's how it feels at the moment. In honesty, Molly probably thought that the substitution was a good idea, especially since it would help get Harry and Ginny together.

JBern replied:

Could be.   Could not be.   From the limited POV, Harry won't know until he gets back and even then he might not know.~Jim

Sterling posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 2:54pm

Another great chapter. I was kind of dissapointed that Luna didn't pen back any responses to Harry yet. I am really looking forward to her reactions to Harry's missives.

JBern replied:

Luna will resurface in chapter 23 or 24.   Hope the action holds you over until then.~Jim

jzysman posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 2:22pm

DAMN... hey wait a second... Now I am feeling very guilty.. from a previous review... :-D
I will tell you that I honestly didn't expect Maria to die.. I was actually expecting Thundercloud (oh no... I gave you an idea):-)

You totally had me... I was absolutely certain you had killed Bill.
The duel was in fact awesome. In fact I had to reread it a couple of times just to make sure I got the sequences right. By the way.. I do actually believe that I read one other story with the good guys relying on inferi... The name escapes me, but it was a rather silly one where Harry was Salazar Slytherin reincarnated... not even close to competition to this one. The Daemon is a very cool touch. I don't know if anyone has told you this yet, but throughout all of your stories, I think it is your villains that really show your talent. While there are others who make Harry into a good Hero, almost nobody crafts their villains into such truly impressive character. You did it again with the Daemon, most times you see a daemon, and you just get a vague impression of evil... yours was both evil, but made me want to say.. man what a dick! :-)

On the Dumbledore front. I cannot help but think he is lying through his teeth about the obliviations, but even if he isn't that is almost worse.. again Harry is placed in a situation then not protected from the consequences thanks to Dumbles. Also though I happen to like her in canon I cannot help but think that Hermione has TRULY done the unforgivable, so has Ginny for that matter, these two owe Harry life debts. I don't think you can get a bigger betrayal than this, it is even worse than Wormtail, in action, if not in results.
John

JBern replied:

The order of death was decided on a long time ago.   Maria, then T-cloud, then Collins, then.... oops getting ahead of myself.   Sorry.

You'll have to wait for the sequel for answers about Ginny and Hermione.   When exactly did Harry create a life debt on Hermione's part?   I've never seen that in canon.~Jim

 

00_Knight posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 2:08pm

Ah sweet redemption, anyway a good chapter and all that. But I have to inquire about that tidbit about this being the final battle of this story? What about Riddle and going back to England? Is this going to have a Sequel? Will revenge be saught upon those who deserve it most, such as the Weaslys, Granger, and Dumbledore. Surely you've got something planed to tie up those loose ends! I DEMAND DETAILS, or Shiny Objects with which to entertain myself!

As to your story The Lie I've Lived, I find that story truly desturbing. But it hasn't lost my interest yet so I'll keep reading. And I really like your other story To Fight the Coming Darkness.

JBern replied:

Err, I've been saying there would be a sequel for several months ago.   You're answers will be found then.

Sorry, I don't have any shiny objects.~Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 2:01pm

Error check:

There is a palatable feeling of fear and despair permeating this room.

*palpable

JBern replied:

Well at least I used a real word...It's a start for me.   Thanks.   I'll add it to the list of errata.~Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 1:22pm

Good stuff, a very meaty chapter. Good battle with the old dead dude...kind of a warmup for Harry for fighting V. I got a nice threatening presence from the demon. I'm kinda sad that Luna hasn't written back. I guess that would be too much drama on top of the tension from the upcoming battle. You have a nicely consistent tone with Dumbledore's communications, nice job. You haven't made him stupid, just very high-handed and oblivious to people's feelings, which is a very realistic combination. It would be cool to someday see a story from you with this version of Harry, post Voldemort if that's the way it goes. Thanks for writing.

JBern replied:

Luna won't resurface until chapter 23 or 24, whichever ends up being the last chapter before I start work on the sequel.   Glad you like the DD I have portrayed.   Seems very canonish to me.~Jim

mastapsi posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 1:07pm

I was turned off the first time I read this story by the peculiar nature of the 2nd person perspective, but I can now say that this is one of the top reads I have had in a long time. Keep up the good work.

JBern replied:

Glad you came back and gave it a 2nd look.   Thanks for the compliments.~Jim

Chrispy posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 12:27pm

Incredible chappe, as usual. But, I'm a bit sick atm, so RAEBNC. Cheers!

JBern replied:

Well actually you made a comment.   Hope you feel better.~Jim

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 11:57am

Wicked fight scene.

Ouch. Luna never wrote back. But it's not clear whether she showed the journal to AD . . .

Damn, AD does have a pair of brass cojones on him, doesn't he?

Oh, this fight is going to be so ugly.

JBern replied:

Cry havoc and let forth the dogs err Inferi of War!   The Zombies go marching side by side  hurrah hurrah!   Sorry, it's been a long week...Though I dare you to find another fanfic with the forces of good leading an Inferi horde into battle.

Glad you were impressed by the fight scene.   The next one should be impressive if I can get what's in my mind (the frightening place that it is) onto the keyboard.

Jim

Ronnee posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 11:32am

Very well done! I really like the fact that although Harry is very powerful, he is not all-powerful. He's still a teenager and learning, he still gets hurt and the wins are not easy or painless. The descriptions of the temple were very good. I had not even considered that a magical Aztec or Mayan temple might have animated murals. Now that is a thought to give you the hee-bee gee-bees, though I'm sure several of my professors would be fascinated by them.

Thank you for the update.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the extra depth and detail.   Thanks for the review and my condolences on the creepy professors.~Jim

JVTazz posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 10:49am

good chapter definately looking forward to the next one :)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   It'll be a few weeks for the next update as my other stories demand my attention, but I'm looking forward to it too.~Jim

duke_bonez posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 10:45am

Didn't think it was a knee-jerk reaction, but i'm still kind of on the edge of dissappointment and rightness. It's great to see Bill alive, but it also closes of other plotlines. In the long run it doesn't matter since this story is be great either way.

JBern replied:

That's why my other story is Harry/Fleur, cause this one ain't gonna be.   I have a Harry/Gabby one shot brewing in my mind as well.   My goal is to never repeat a ship between Harry and a girl.   Sorry Bill living disappointed you, T-Cloud was supposed to buy it against the Daemon, but as I wrote the Chilotha bit it just was too much to pass up a 'target of opportunity' like that.~Jim

jilumasam posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 10:31am

Well...after the last chapter's cliffy...This one was much appreciated. Great story and writing as always!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   My other stories demand attention, so it will be a few weeks before the next update, plus I want to give a spectacular fight between the remaining heroes and the Daemon.~Jim

Curtis Fielder posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 10:04am

Excellent Story and Chapter.

As this arc comes to an end, I find I'm hoping Harry does return to Hogwarts just to see his interactions with the Professors. Let's face it about the only two that can teach him anything he wants to know would be Flitwick and Hagrid; and won't that upset everyone else.

JBern replied:

Well, I'm sure that Minnie knows some nifty transfiguration.   Though I already have a scene in mind where Snape asks him about the best way to deal with Inferi.   Harry's answer should be interesting.....~Jim

kainboa posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 9:33am

damn, this chapter is just as great as the rest, can't wait to see how the demon likes a couple of inferi down his throat.

keep up the great work :)

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   My other stories demand attention, so it will be a few weeks before the next update, plus I want to give a spectacular fight between the remaining heroes and the Daemon.~Jim