Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Wednesday 16th April 2008 11:02pm

Well, it would be funny if he ever got to sex with Luna and she asked him about his sexual partners.

"Yeah I slept with a woman from Brazil, and this girl from Canada. It only burns when I pee half of the time."

~Matt

JBern replied:

I don't know if Luna would receive that news so well.   Thanks for the review, just catching up on all my replies.~Jim

Ben10 posted a comment on Sunday 30th March 2008 1:30pm

Yes! I rarely re-read fic, but those stories that are really excellent I never forget. This fic just got added to that list.

JBern replied:

Glad it stands the test of rereading.   Just catching up on all my replies.~Jim

Richard Griffin posted a comment on Saturday 15th March 2008 7:03am

I couldn't stop till I finished the story 5 stars it was a pure pleasure to read

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliment.   I hope you enjoy the sequel just as much.~Jim

protonius12 posted a comment on Thursday 21st February 2008 8:34pm

I never leave reviews, but your fist chapter was the best first chapter i've ever read !

JBern replied:

Thank you for taking time to review.   I hope you will be inspired to leave more reviews along the way.   There's a whole lot of action, adventure and humor in front of you.~Jim

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 18th February 2008 7:16pm

It's been a while since I properly finished this story, so any facts I use are subject to error, but I just read your response to my review on your Harry/Susan story. It's nice to find an author who accepts constructive criticism.

As for this review, it'll be a good bit more congratulatory. This is one of the most ridiculously awesome and creative pieces I've ever read, and I've read a heck of a lot of HP fan fiction. (College lets you do stuff like that.)

The second person perspective was a bit awkward at first, but as soon as I'd gotten used to it, I fell in love with it. It pulls you into the action. It's not Harry finding out about his friends' betrayal, it's you. It's not Harry flying away from a dragon, it's you. It's not Harry fighting a demon, it's you.

As for the storyline, GOOD LORD!!! How the heck did you come up with this? You completely break cannon before the story even gets started and still manage to catch the charm of the HP series. Honestly, this story isn't HP at all, it's something all your own. You've taken Harry, made him your own and shaped the world to fit your whim. I only wish I had half your creativity...

It's been a while, so I've really nothing left to say. I've been waiting for each chapter of Turn Me Loose with baited breath. Between a violent hitman, the only decent Weasley, a half-demon jungle troll, and a better, darker Harry, I just can't get enough.

Rex

JBern replied:

Thanks again for the reviews.   I am happy that you enjoyed this story so much and are following along with the sequel to this story.

The next chapter of turn me loose will be slightly delayed.   Right now I'm working on material for my original novel which will hopefully be published this coming summer.   If you like what I can do with other people's characters, I think you'll like what's going to happen when I unleash my own original ideas.

Regards,
Jim

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Friday 11th January 2008 8:11am

Hahaha, nice allusion to the 'monster in Harry's chest'.

I feel bad for Collins having so few people at his funeral. :( Even if he was sadistic and slightly crazy, he was a still good man. Went out in a bad way, too.

Scene with the Bounty Hunters was great, I was laughing pretty hard. Kwan, Harry, and Bill are just standing there and the Hunters are debating whether to take them on or not. Priceless.

I knew he'd finally get Lauren, will her pregnancy/baby come into play later? I wonder.

So, is it back to Hogwarts now? Can't wait to see how all of that plays out. B)

JBern replied:

Yeah, couldn't resist the monster in chest gag.   It resurfaces in the sequel to some extent.

Collins - not every hitwizard is this ultracool guy loved by all.   He was a pretty much a loner with violent tendencies.  

Glad you liked the Bounty Hunters.   They turn up every now and then in the sequel.

There's always a possibility of Harry's decsions coming back to haunt him.~Jim

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 5:09pm

Haha, loved Snape's part in Harry's will. Classic. And I'm sure anybody reading it is wondering what the part about Lauren is referring to. ;) Nothing for Karina, though? Well, I suppose she also gets Golinard's in a way, but still, I was surprised.

The whole battle scene with the Daemon was awesome. Giant Jaguar vs. Hellspawn battle? That's some seriously epic stuff. I can just imagine all the rewards they'll reap just from that carcass alone... oh boy.

Love how the once fearsome Inferi have been reduced to nothing more than a pest. But I suppose after going up against Necro-dragons, weird vault monsters, Dark Lords, and Daemons, they are a little on the bland side. ;)

Great stuff. I look forward to reading the rest.

JBern replied:

A slinky, a slinky!   For fun it's a wonderful toy...

Karina is taken care of by the Colastos family, but Harry still felt an attachment for Chico - adorable little guy that he is.

As for the battle, it was the best   action scene I was capable of I hope it is something that you'll remember for a long time to come.~Jim

Brian Donnely posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 4:27pm

Bill is the alive Thundercloud, and the real Thundercloud is dead. Calling it now. Reason? Bill can't die. And we both know I'm right (well, of course YOU do), look at how I foretold Collins going next! btw, sad about that. I liked the sadistic bastard. :( I can't really see him being able to break out of this possession.

Hah, Statue of Hernando De Soto is definitely an interesting touch.

JBern replied:

You seem to have a knack for prediction.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 1:10pm

Very good chapter.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hope the sequel impresses you just as much.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 10:26am

Very good chapter. Really good action.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 9:40am

Good chapter.

gunny

JBern replied:

Gracias!   (Sorry 5yr old daughter watching Dora)~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 8:43am

Bummer.

gunny

JBern replied:

Glad you are enjoying it.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 6:37am

Good chapter, bummer about the pretty witch.

gunny

JBern replied:

Hope you were impressed by the level of violence.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 5:59am

Good chapter.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 4:48am

Very good story so far. Really enjoying it.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 3:27am

Good chapter, Luna just needs a good snog.

gunny

JBern replied:

She certainly does.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 10th January 2008 2:32am

Very good chapter. It is hitting the fan now. Glad Harry is not hooked up in the don't be a murder crap. It is self defense if others are trying to kill you or others.

gunny

JBern replied:

As you can see this Harry has no reservations about killing.   He's a predator.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 4:43pm

Very good chapter.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 3:43pm

Very good chapter. Hack has a terrible problem, most guys would love such a problem..lol.

gunny

JBern replied:

It's tough, but Hack somehow manages.~Jim

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 9th January 2008 12:28pm

Very good chapter.

gunny

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim