Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

rejeimha1 posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 5:49pm

Just how I like my meat: well done! I can say without a doubt that that's the most amazing fight scene I have ever read. I had more adreneline pumping through my body than when I first read the first task of GoF. You have just raised the bar to an impossible height. Be proud of what you have written here this day. Very proud.

rejeimha

JBern replied:

Daemon - tasty when served over the bbq.   Glad I have impressed you so much.~Jim

Sterling posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 4:13pm

This was a great chapter and a fantastic fight scene. I like how you brought Thundercloud back in a way for the fight, validating the prophecy involving Harry and him in a unique way.

However, amongst all the great action in this chapter it wasnt the fight that gave me my biggest, "Wow, that was great." moment. The following has to be my favorite line.

"To Severus Snape, I leave a slinky for no other reason than to make you wonder why I am doing this."

I've ready many fics where Harry makes a will. But this has to be my favorite line out of all of them. I loved it. :-)

JBern replied:

Sorry for the tardy response to your review.   Still catching up from my vacation.   Who doesn't love a slinky.   It's a wonderful toy.~Jim

Harley posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 4:11pm

I just have one word to say about that. That was the sweetest thing that i have ever read. A giant glowing magical Jaguar SWEET! So now they have to dig out the Horicrux from the belly of the Daemon, destroy it and get the hell out of there.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad it really impressed you.~Jim

Merle Corey posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 4:05pm

You should be proud of that battle! I didn't see the huge animagus coming at all, but it was a brilliant move. I see you gave ol' Bill a break for a change, but Harry is going to be one messed up dude if this keeps up. I can only image the carnage when Harry comes face to face with Dumbledore, and his is so close already. Perhaps Hary should make sure he is closer to 100% before letting the old man get his claws into him, or try to at least. Was his will posted to someone who will see it? I can only picture his former friends getting an eyeful, or of the journal.

JBern replied:

Thanks so much.   The DD confrontation will have to wait for the sequel, but I think you'll like it.~Jim

a_wanderer posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 3:47pm

Creative use of patronus. I like it. Patronus has guardian spirits make sense.

Thanks for the story. I'm looking forward to the rest.

JBern replied:

Glad   it made sense to you.~Jim

liquidfyre posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 3:19pm

DUDE that rocked i want demon armor

sniffles and pouts and tries to look all forlorn and pathetic so he gets armor

JBern replied:

Sorry.   I'm fresh out of Demon armor.   Maybe next time.   Thanks for the review though.~Jim

DaZZa posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 3:11pm

I wasn't that sure about this story when I started reading it - the perspective difference from the "regular" style of writing used by most fan fiction authors threw me a little, and I almost didn't go beyond the first chapter.

I'm thoroughly glad I did. An excellent story, and I await the epilogue and sequel in anticipation.

JBern replied:

Glad you perservered through the story.   Hope you continue to follow my other works.~Jim

noylj posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 3:01pm

Another great chapter, but the lack of total beta-work shows.
I would expect Harry to be suffering from daemon blood poisoning and severe non-healing cuts and other damage. Hope he can get his teeth magically fixed. I am really disappointed in Luna. If I was Harry, I would have just written her a note that you would always be there for her if she needed you, but that would be the limit of any "relationship."
I don't suppose that we will see the last of Dumbles and his squad of selfish people?

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I still have to post the betaed chapter.   The daemon blood issue won't go away, but we'll see more of it later...

Thanks for the reveiw.~Jim

ruby tripton posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:49pm

OH
WOW

that was amazing... I loved Harry's will, does his living mean no one gets to see it?
I am quite pleased that you didn't kill off Hack like I thought you would. I really love his character.

So Harry 'just knew' that Hack was still alive... hmmm .....


looking forward to more!
R

JBern replied:

Glad it really impressed you.   The will might show up in the sequel at some point.   Hack will be around for quite some time to come...

Jim

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:43pm

Thank Merlin this wasn't a cliffy! :) Nice battle scene. Also glade you didn't kill off any more people. Now if we can just find out what's going on with Luna.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Still trying to catch up after my vacation.   Glad you liked the chapter.~Jim

Chrispy posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:37pm

Now that's a head to mount on a wall, eh?

JBern replied:

Tempting, but the ram's horns would be must useful for carving wards into...

Thanks for the review.~Jim

Renzo7 posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:32pm

Awesome chapter, nice battle scene, especially incorporating the animagus form. Keep up the excellent work, I hope to see some updates soon.

JBern replied:

Thanks~Jim

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:24pm

*Whoops with joy* That was truly excellent. It feels so good to have gotten through the meat of this story to success. Harry is in for a good long rest and recuperation, but he has survived the great test. He is definately a man now.

I look forward to many things in the epilogue and sequel. I imagine, after this, any person saying that he cannot handle himself, or trying to protect him will just seem silly to Harry, not even worth anger. Voldemort himself will even seem less of a scary threat now, after all, Harry has stared certain death in the face and battled through to the most unlikely outcome. Now all he needs is some firewiskey and a bed.

Great job in conception and writing. Thank you for sharing.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Still catching up on my replies, but I figured people would rather see the next chapter.   Hope the epilogue met your expectations.~Jim

Prospero Hibiki posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:05pm

Rock on!

Awesome!

As I go into the Rickover building to study for RPIV I'm going to have a really freaking huge grin on my face remembering this chapter.

-Prospero Hibiki

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Still catching up from my vacation.   I was actually right down the road from you when I saw this review first.   I was staying with my ex-roomate en route to Orlando.   He's the one that teaches the officers.   Keep on glowing.~Jim

Keldore posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 2:02pm

Wow. I think this might be the best chapter so far. Extremely exiciting. Only small problem I had was that I had very horrible flashbacks of watching my little brother and being forced to endure the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. The whole growth potion enhanced animagus battle was some really awesome stuff. There is not another story out there that I look foward to more for updates.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   Still catching up on the backlog of reviews.   Sorry about the Power Rangers flashbacks, but it was a style of battle you don't see every day in HP fic.~Jim

mastapsi posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 1:59pm

Good chapter, its times like this when I wish I could just read the whole story, and not have to wait for updates.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.   I just posted the last chapter yesterday.~Jim

scott2 posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 1:53pm

Bloody awesome :)

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Fishburne posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 1:47pm

There will be a violent explosion followed by a question and answer session. Please keep your questions brief and to the point.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fanboy forever. You win.

Excellent chapter, can't wait for the wrapup, and even more - can't wait for the sequel!!!!

JBern replied:

Wow there are so many reviews to catch up on.   Thanks for being fanboy forever.~Jim

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 1:33pm

Kick Ass, thats all i can say! yah sure tore it a new one. Sorry, but I just can get all wordsmithian about now, not after that wild west type action. I had forgotten about the eagle form, good thing yah took notes as yer was writin' this story.

JBern replied:

Thanks again for this and previous reviews.   Glad you continue to enjoy.~Jim

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Saturday 21st April 2007 1:30pm

So I'm guessing we'll be seeing Dumbles next chapter. With the daemon gone the barrier would be down, will the fidelius still be in effect. Guess I need to go back and re-read some parts.

Good chapter. Moved things along nicely.



JBern replied:

Thanks.   Still trying to catch up from my vacation.   Hope you enjoyed the epilogue.~Jim