Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

fraupapst posted a comment on Friday 11th May 2007 6:33pm

Excellent. I loved the conversation with Moody and Luna's update on what's going on at Hogwarts. Hermione did so deserve what she got (evil cackle).

The groundwork you laid for the sequel sounds very promising. Turn me loose indeed.

The Cho-Charly/Harry confusion has loads of fun-potential. I'm looking forward to it.

JBern replied:

Thank you .   Glad you enjoyed the hints of what is to come.~Jim

Sofie posted a comment on Friday 11th May 2007 3:25am

What can I say? I loved and I can't wait for the sequal. I especially liked Harry's thoughts lamenting his lost innocence. He lost it in such a big extravagent way in all concievable areas.
I really like Kwan. I'm an amature actress and as I read I often read the dialogue out loud to myself. I love the feel of Kwan's lines with an Asian accent. All the Spanish accents were fun for me too. That's probably really weird, huh? I don't do it when anyone is around except for when I read for my husband sometimes. My cat must think I'm bonkers. Feel honored. You are the only one who knows my weird secret. You're story was really fun for that.
I also really liked the little touch of Hack's processing at the borders. It is such a picture of how messed up the whole magical creature stuff is. Very well done.
I'm curious though. How did he ever come out with his little wings and stuff? You never really said what happened with that. Did it stop? get better? or what?
Oh, I don't think I reviewed the battle but it was great. On of the best I've read. I really liked the second person aspect during it. Great perspective. Oh, and Bill at the end running off to shew away the inferi was hysterical. Normally people are so scared and freaked out by them but they've gotten so used to them that it's just "shew." I love it.
Well, enough babbling. I can't wait for more. Thanks for all your time and effort. It's been tons of fun.

JBern replied:

Thank you very much.   If you like accents, try chapter 33 of Darkness which I just posted and work on your Island speak.   The sequel will be along towards the end of this summer.   I'll be trying to finish my other stories in the meantime.

I'm afraid anyone who reads through the reviews now knows your twisted little secret.   :-)

Part of the joy of writing Bungle is trying to make the magical life more believable, processing magical creatures, dodgespell and enchanted bras all add to the humor.

Jim

Yonexcannon posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 11:33pm

I couldn't see this video without thinking about your story. It is a video of a jaguar fighting and killing a pretty decent sized anaconda.

All I could think about was Bungle in the Jungle Harry fighting Voldemort.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Jaguar-vs-Anaconda.html

JBern replied:

Thanks for the imagery.   It was a cool video.   Glad you enjoyed the story.~Jim

ruby tripton posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 8:49pm

I just got back from a computer-free week-long vacation, this was a great welcome home gift!

I loved the chapter and I am disappointed that the sequel will be on hold.

I cant wait to see what trouble the fake-Harry(s) have made for the real one.

..and of course Ginny is dating Dean, Harry is (sometimes) her brother! (eeew)

JBern replied:

Thanks Ruby.   Glad you liked it.   The sequel will appear towards the end of summer.   I must finish my other stories.   Why on Earth would you think that fakeHarry is causing problems for realHarry?   Oh wait, you've read my stuff before...~Jim

bigzj51 posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 8:47pm

o/\o \o/


BRAVO Grade A AWESOME story

JBern replied:

Thanks~Jim

Gilthoniel posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 7:01pm

Ughhh.. forgot to include a question.

Why give the ships ahead of time? You listed this under Harry/Luna so I assume that's the direction you're heading towards, but why tell us that? If you don't tell us, it'd make it a bit more suspenseful. Right now, it'd have about equal chances of being Harry/Lauren, Harry/Fleur (Bill could die), or Harry/Luna. Instead, we know it's Harry/Luna.

So long as they specify if it's slash, I'd like to see fan fic authors start to not list ships ahead of time. Makes for a better read imo.

JBern replied:

Well I decided from the get go that it would be eventual Harry/Luna.   Maybe the next stories I start, I'll leave it up in the air, but when writing on ff.net you have to list the two main characters.   If I put Harry and Bill with the words Romance in it, guess what everyone would have thought? ~Jim

Gilthoniel posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 6:53pm

I’m a long time reader, first time reviewer.

Bungle in the Jungle was an excellent story, very entertaining. Characters were well described and detailed (some of the best OC's I've ever seen in fan fiction were in this fic), very interesting plot right from the start, good action sequences. Writing was engaging and definitely well above standard fan fic level.

For the last chapter:

One thing I wasn't too keen on is Harry knocking up Lauren. I'm not really partial to Harry having children before offing Voldemort. Noticed he impregnated Susan in To Fight the Coming Darkness as well. Maybe in one of your stories... perhaps The Lie I've Lived... he'll actually graduate from Hogwarts before producing offspring? Then again, maybe ingesting some of that daemon changed him genetically and he wasn't able to successfully knock Lauren up. Here's to hoping.

Speaking of which, I look forward to seeing what Harry inherits from the daemon. Hopefully nothing cheesy such as wings or a gigantic jaguar form, just some defensive magic of some sort. Power the Dark Lord knows not I assume?

Buying off the bounty hunters was well done. It’s amazing how many fan fics set Harry up as filthy rich and all he does is keep it locked away in the bank. What’s the point of being rich if you’re not going to spend some money? Why’d Voldemort leave so much money behind anyway? I must’ve missed that.

Maybe someone should have told Hack that there aren't too many female Jungle trolls in Britain. That might have changed his mind about going.

Anyway, good story all around. Look forward to the sequel and to reading some more of The Lie I've Lived.

Thanks for writing.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Sorry I took so long to reply, but I've been busy writing chapter 33 of the other story.  

Many had concerns with Harry and Lauren.   I actually thought for a long time about it.   It might come back to haunt him or it might not.   Nonetheless, it keeps the readers wondering what will  happen and throws an air of uncertainty out there for the sequel.

There are no plans for Harry to impregnate anyone in The Lie I've Lived (Chapter 4 coming next week!)

Hadn't planned on cheesy winged Harry.   Hack's got a pair of teeny tiny ones.   More on that in the sequel.   Voldemort left a good chunk of money behind, but he did take a large chunk as well.   Did he need to go carting around all that gold?   Why spend all his money when he can spend Malfoy's and Nott's?   What's the use in having peons if you have to keep buying everything?   :-)

Regards and hope to hear from you again.~Jim

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 4:13pm

You know, I think every single one of my reviews states that you kick butt and I felt you deserve more of a review. I feel sorry for the Harry Potter fans out there that do not know about you, this is a story I know they would all love. After finding this, I must now go back and read all of your works.

JBern replied:

Many can't get past the use of 2nd person in the story.   Their loss.   I am glad you enjoyed it so much.   The sequel will be along towards the end of summer.~Jim

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 4:00pm

JBern, you are definitely one of my favorite authors. This story kicks ass!

JBern replied:

Thanks again.~Jim

grey_shadow_horse posted a comment on Thursday 10th May 2007 12:54am

Great chapter :) I am glad that Luna wrote back. I look forward to reading the sequel.

JBern replied:

The sequel will turn up towards the end of this summer.   Until then, enjoy my other fine works and the other authors of this marvelous site.

Enjoy!~Jim

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 8:45pm

Metal poisoning. Hehe. Never saw that one coming.
I wonder if the spell would work using something
that doesn't react to the body. Stainless steel?


Daemonic traits could be good and bad. Hack got
some in his wounds and they had a pretty major
effect, but Harry actually swallowed some so I
think it would be a bit more of an internal change
and a bit more evenly spread.


-Harry Potter — Friend of the Goblins just isn’t
-going to happen in this lifetime.

*snicker*


The third horcrux has to be the sorting hat. It's
both a founder's artifact and something you'd have
to be incredibly ballsy to use.


-‘Funky Cold Medina’ — now attracting twenty percent
-more ‘honeys’

LOL!


-It’s funny though, Hack just assumes he is coming along
-and no one has contradicted him since you tried.

After seeing him go hand to hand against a Daemon and
still work for such low wages they'd be idiots to let
him go. Then again it could be something a bit more
sinister...


-In the end, predators should be left alone and not
-provoked. Goodbye Octavius Nott — rest in peace.

Hehehe. Nice to see him using his money wisely.


-Watching her bra float to the ground like a feather,
-you can really appreciate the benefits…

For the greater good!


-It’s the most heavily enchanted piece of lingerie on
-the market.

Why does that remind me of a line from Dirty Harry?
*snicker* Ignore the pun there.


-"If you persist in being such an imbecile, I will marry
-Bill and take Harry for a lover until my sister is old
-enough for him and I will be the happiest witch in all
-of Europe!"

Knowing the magic world that may actually be required of
the Best Man. It's why he's called the Best Man. Of course
the bit with the younger sister was a recent addition.


-One of them, my guess is Charlie Weasley, seems to have a
-thing for Cho. The other one(s) don’t and it’s rather
-hilarious to watch. Cho’s never been the most emotionally
-stable girl, and currently, Harry Potter is sending her off
-the deep end with his mixed messages.

Hopefully the other one isn't hitting on Neville or seducing
half the sixth years. Harry's return will be quite interesting
I think.


-Ginny, well she seems to have moved on and is dating Dean Thomas.
-They seem like a happy couple. Hope you’re not jealous? No ugly
-monster rearing in your chest or anything? I didn’t think so.

ROTFLMAO!!!


Brilliant!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Many events of book 6 will occur in TML.   They will be mocked mercilessly.   As for the rest of your comments, you'll just have to wait and see.   Interesting guess on 3rd Horcrux.   Interesting but wrong...

Don'tcha just love Tone Loc?~Jim

AK posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 5:34pm

This is a nice story that ends. Are you going to be working on its continuation or are you going to work on the Harry-James story next?

JBern replied:

Darkness and Lie will both get worked until Darkness is finished.   Then I start the sequel to this one.~Jim

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 4:21pm

I really loved the ending. Your not going to kill poor Hack are you? That'd be a really horrible! I hope you have Harry appear in the Great Hall with the 'Other Harry' sitting there eating lunch and real!Harry can be like 'What the Fuck?! I take a month off and you people get someone to replace me?!!!' that would just rock beyond all. You almost have to feel sorry for Hermione being picked on by all the seventh years...only no you don't. She's a bitch.

As always your story makes me laugh, your witty/snide comments always just pop up out of the blue but flow perfectly, unlike some people who try to be funny it doesn't seem forced or out of place. Good for you (not being sarcastic in any way shape or form with that remark.

Are we going to get to see the wedding in the next book? Do we get to see the Weasley chewed up and spit out by Harry/Bill/Fleur trio? Do we get to see Dumbledore get his cuttings? I really, really hope you start the next story soon but if not I'm a patient (cough) person and can wait.....

JBern replied:

I think you'll like what I have planned for the entrance scene in the sequel.   You'll just have to wait to find out what happens.~Jim

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 1:54pm

This has been a spectacular story. I have completely enjoyed reading it. I eagerly wait for the sequel.

Thank you for such an enjoyable read!!

JBern replied:

Thank you.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

jzysman posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 1:16pm

AWESOME!!! I can't believe this ending. Really wild. One thing I forgot to comment on in the review to you regarding Dumbledore's advice on the demon... Dumbledore mentions Slughorn, but I don't remember reading Harry ever meeting Slughorn in this fic...
Wonderful stuff. I REALLY can't wait for the sequel.

JBern replied:

Slughorn was mentioned in chapter 2 when Harry wakes up at the burrow.   Many events parallel book 6 which I hope to mock mercilessly in the sequel.~Jim

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 10:15am

Thanks for a great wind up to this story.

There's so much about this that chapter that I liked that it's almost pointless to point out each one.

I do hope that Harry kept his trusty boomstick, as it should prove to be very useful in the next story.

While I know that this story is going in a Harry/Luna direction, I must admit that I also really like Fleur's threat as well. It would be a kick in the teeth for everyone.

I also hope that your Hermione decides if the badge was really worth the price she paid for it so far and will be paying for it when Harry returns.

I could care less about Ron and Ginny, but the behavior that Harry has seen from Hermione, Fred, and George is really disappointing. I know that Harry and the reader are only seeing one side of the story so far. So I'll be looking forward to seeing how it will play out.

Thanks for a great story.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked the epilogue.   As for the broomstick, he wants his Firebolt back...

Bill lost his 'Hammer', so you might see him riding the Dragonfly.

You say you know the direction the story is headed.   Still, I might surprise you...~Jim

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 10:11am

which of the two other stories? for such an incredible ride, things appeared somewhat rushed at the end. 2 chapters might have been better rather than 1. the bounty hunters also seemed to change sides terribly quickly but it could have been that nott did a hash job in negotiating w/ them, something that kwan, given his experience, could readily improve upon. harry's power lvls, no doubt, made it easy to seal the new deal. now, if you can't just stop making harry look like a wimp compared to neville in "to fight the coming darkness," i'll be happier. c'mon, he whacks the vamps in an early chapter and then can only hit coedus once in his wolf form after having whacked another vamp in its wolf form! sorry, no more cross-fic rants. now, i eagerly await "turn me loose."

JBern replied:

Alot happened in those 10k words.   Maybe I should have split it, but nah.   I wanted the joy of finishing a story.

As for the other story - Coedus was at the end of a long room actively dodging.   If he had tried to close, it would have lessened his ability to dodge and Harry would have nailed him.   More on that soon...

Jim

PS - Oops forgot to comment on something about this story.   Nott offered an open ended bounty.   He didn't specifically hire the hunters just put out how much having HP delivered to him would be worth like a big scavenger hunt across the globe.   Harry on the other hand offered binding contracts and cash...

Fishburne posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 9:19am

BOOYA!

Hell of great story, JBern, You have made me a very happy fanboy indeed!

Excellent ending, well wrapped, and still with a hint of whats to come!

Fish.

JBern replied:

Thanks again for all the reviews.~Jim

Lufio posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 8:11am

Whee! The story is drawing to an end, and there's a promise of a sequel. I'm glad a lot of the plot threads are being sewn up to a close. The bounty hunters, the pen-pal letters with Luna, Karina.

The troubles with the Goblins was unexpected but gladly received. I guess I've just read too many fics with Goblins as unconditional allies. I'm happy to see them as more than one-dimensional.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it and hope I can keep you impressed with the direction I take the sequel.~Jim

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 8:00am

Wow! What an absolutely awsome end to an amazing story. You really have become possibly my favourite fanfic author.
Really liked how Harry bought the mercenaries services. The stuff in the internation portkey terminal with the "shrunken inferi horde in his trunk" really had me chuckling.

I liked how individual you made each of the dead characters funerals. Each specific to how the people were. Also like Hacks obsession with staying with "puny Harry".

Loved the ending with the song name dropping, really nice way of letting us know whats to come. I liked the crone in the scrying glass and finding out about the other Horcuxes. Even old Moldieshorts appearing in all his serpentine, red eyed glory was cool.

I want TFtCD to be completed but I want the sequel to this so much its not fair.

So much to comment on that I've finished the chapter I've forgotten half of what I wanted to compliment you on.

Yet again I am in awe!
Thanks for writing, keep it up I bet thee.
Monkey

JBern replied:

Thanks for reading.   Glad you liked the epilogue.   I hope the sequel will meet or exceed your expectations.  

Hope to continue hearing from you, so sharpen up the Axes.~Jim