Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Keats449 posted a comment on Monday 25th January 2010 5:13pm

Interesting story so far, the first chapter was very good, and even though the 'everyone betrays Harry' has been done to death, you did a nice job with it. I'm a little disappointed in your portrayal of Luna, it's not that she seems like a bad character or anything, it's just that Luna's craziness is what really makes her an interesting character. Instead of making Luna's insanity an act, why not just put Harry with either a random girl from Hogwarts or an original character, I would've found that preferable to taking away what makes Luna unique.

Nargus posted a comment on Monday 14th December 2009 11:43am

I believe you made Riddle a little too good here. I don't believe he have either time or power to do the spell of this level. Also with the fact that the 'City of the Damned' should have existed for far longer than him. At least, the real 'City of the Damned' does. It sound like somethings resulted from the egypt and mayan age. At most, only Grindelvold would have enough reputation to pull somethings like this. The timeline of Grindelvold reign does happen around a World War after all, while Riddle still struggle in Britain, trying to kill Harry with an AK.

Nargus posted a comment on Monday 14th December 2009 5:47am

Auror who must not be named! And it's refreshing to see more animagus (or was that animage?) training method. Always thought the one shown in the canon are so very....western. How they think they must control everything. I've seen the eastern style in a fic before, with the deep meditation technique instead of tribal ritual. They don't seem to suffer lost-of-self problem there (in the fic of course), but that's reasonable considering it take a year to go through the meditation process.

And it's amusing seeing Harry's thought keep going back to naked veela in his animagus training :D

Nargus posted a comment on Monday 14th December 2009 2:05am

Mmm...It's good to see more magical games for a change :P

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 1:19pm

Best Fic for Action that I've ever read. Is now one of my all-time favorites. Hate to see it end without a true Harry/Luna relationship. YES! Lauren get's her grandfathers wish, I wonder what the old Eagle would say about it. Cute stuff for the bra, but I have to wonder if there's dead zones for rune energy like there is cellphones. Lmao!

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 12:18pm

OMFG, I re-iterate, THE BEST DARN ACTION FIC EVER CREATED!! I'm all but jumping for joy , I knew our heroes would survive, but that has got to be the coolest fight scene I've ever read. I wonder if Hack has 'wand-envy' after seeing the growth-potioned Harry? Plus they have access to the treasures as well now. Not to mention all the demon-stuffs. I wonder if they'll still have to give the goblins their share even though they hindered the effort if anything. The bequeathment to Draco Malfoy is hilarious, and the one to Remus hit me square in the chest, thats a stiff drink to swallow there.
I'm still almost giddy, I had to reread the better part of the battle. I would KILL for a movie scene even close to that one. I wonder how much Hack can get for a dragon bone spear that helped slay a daemon? Good stuff, great stuff.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 10:45am

You are definitely weaving a crazy complicated but devastatingly interesting plot. I must commend your efforts and supply that this is: The Most Awesome Action Fic I've Ever Read!!!!

I like the message to Dumbledore but it should have been more in the face with your basic insults, I would've thought Harry would have spewed obscenities for hours. ANother thing, Harry's note doesn't mention that Bill's alive, just mentions 3 wizards etc. Let the gore commence!

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 9:14am

Hmmm, I'm very surprised that you killed Bill, (pun not intended) and disappointed as well. Now there are no curse breakers left besides the woefully green Harry. Insignificant maggot, woah, this guy is definitely one of Riddle's crew, talks just like him. Hmm, any holy water in hell? I suppose not, land of the undead and all that it is. Interesting choice for the statue, funny it's on Harry's side.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 8:32am

I knew it was a trap as soon as they said it was convenient that all the gold was in the first faults. Of course, at the very bottom where it would be hardest to get out... If I saw that one comeing a mile away I'm suprised noone else did. It's probably in some run of the mill vaults about a third of the way down. After all, why would Riddle want to walk all the way down, right? I can only imagine what it's going to be like searching the vaults for the real gold piles. Interesting letter to Luna, exactly what I think he would've written at that point. Enjoying every minute of it!

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 8:04am

The golem is fun, and the Dragon/abraxen chase on the broom was simply awesome. It's too bad they can't get replies, I wonder what Bill's journal would be saying from the traitors. It's comforting to know Harry's going to get his investement back, even if he wasn't aware of putting it out there. What about bluebell fire? Why wouldn't that work? Looking forward to the part about breaking into the vaults.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 7:05am

Well, the final message to Luna was a bit Sappy, but I guess that's the only way it could have been put without Harry seeming a cold hearted bastard. It's funny that he's risking himself for a bit of gold he probably won't even get. Well, besides the horcrux, but he hasn't really talked about needing to get rid of those at all. Too bad he didn't get to romp with the twins, that would've been fun. I'm gonna laff if the "private" school they go to ends up being a magical school. All that trouble to maintain the statute or whatever they call it, lol.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 6:11am

Poor Luna, always thinking she's on the worse end of stuff. I'd like to see her make it through one day of Harry's last week without passing out/vomiting. You're rapidly progressing Harry, and Luna's not staying caught up, which is causing some very interesting stuff. Is the fact that Harry is a killer going to bother her? What a contrast, from man-eating killer to piggy back ride giver. I'm sad that this ends Harry/Karina, because after his week he needs a good ol couch romp for sure.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 5:26am

I must say that the text sizing code on your website seems to be a bit wonky. Just so you know. GREAT chapter, I'm loving the character progression of Harry at the end, and even the fight between Harry/Luna/Looney. I'm glad you're making it more of a deep-seated problem than a prank. This Paolo is a devious little bastard, what with asking him to a future tourney while plotting to have him killed. It will be a joy to read as Harry shows him the error of his ways, too bad he uses a painless curse though.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 4:29am

I like your chapter closings, always something witty to look forward to. The assault rifle was a nice touch, now Harry just needs to carve some copy/conjuration runes into it's clip, and a cooling charm into the barrel. The fight was good, but Harry nearly getting beat by a goblin with an armband? Kinda sad, he would'a been dead without Hack there. I'm looking forward to more Karina, even if it is a farewell, and more Harry/Luna talk.

flynhghr posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 3:46am

You're getting some really great character development for Harry/Luna. The runework is very creative and quite interesting, I don't think I've read any other fics that give more than a really few basic runes. OH, and "Holy basket of house elf eggs!" I just had to say that had me laffin almost as much as Hack's personal problems. Maybe he'd appreciate a tub of axle grease for payment on the mercenary work?

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 19th November 2009 7:52pm

The ritual is quite interesting, and rather involved. Not that I didn't enjoy reading it I just wonder how the heck you come up with it all. I'm disappointed in Harry, Lauren's proposition would have been good practice for keeping the emotional elements out of a relationship. Not to mention all the other propositions, what's wrong with a little sewing of the seed in fertile lands? Ahh, damn Harry and his damn sense of responsibility.

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 19th November 2009 6:59pm

The Dodgespell tourney was cool, even if it wasn't as detailed as the first fun game. The Trolls were amusing, but the best is Luna's wand story. Makes me wonder how you come up with stuff like that. I like the story moving forward, even if there is less action. I like being able to relate to Harry's relationship confusions. Normally a guy has to get screwed over once or twice before he's able to avoid the emotional attachment. Great writing!

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 19th November 2009 5:53pm

Love love love the character play, and the dodgespell is pretty cool too. Reese and Sheila were fun, and the Karina dynamics are only getting better. This is actually much better than I imagined it would be, and I'm happy I've been reading this long. The POV took a bit to get used to, at first, but now it's not so bad. I really think 3rd person can be more efficient, but some of the inner dialogue and character play is so much harder to bring out.

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 19th November 2009 5:15pm

Good chapter, and lots of action! I was disappointed he didn't get to try his new tricks on Amy though, oh well, maybe next chapter.

flynhghr posted a comment on Thursday 19th November 2009 4:41pm

The Animage thing is cool but 500 galleons? That's like 10 grand for some potions ingredients.... Injun cleaner is hilarious btw. Good writing, I'm likeing it more and more each chapter.