Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

znensey posted a comment on Sunday 10th January 2010 9:08am

Just finished reading the story. I enjoyed it greatly, given you actually took time to build the relationship. Most people would have pushed it all together and meeting the Parents or Aimee's injury wouldn't have been major bumps in the road that were resolved a few hundred words later.
One thing that maybe you could have done better was to increase the number of characters who changed throughout the story. At times there seemed like there was no material impact from the events on characters like Viktor Krum or Athena Manos.

btwood posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 3:05am

Can wait for the sequel man! Should be killer!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 6th December 2009 2:40pm

Good chapter.

gunny

Curlism posted a comment on Saturday 14th November 2009 8:15am

I liked this one, especially how you made Harry change more progressively than most people, it was still a little jolting but i thought you got around that nicely with the whole Harry/James combined business.
Also i think this story has that best way of bringing Harry and Fleur together of any of this ship i've read so far. To be honest the part i liked least was Harry calling Hermione - Granger, although thats not important. Thanks for writting this gem.
Curlism

Banner posted a comment on Sunday 8th November 2009 12:52am

I just reread this story from the beginning. I love it - especially the epilogue. The action scenes are heart-pounding, but for me the best part is watching HJ and the chaos around him. He reminds me of Miles Vorkosigan...

Frosty posted a comment on Saturday 29th August 2009 6:59pm

I have to say that I really loved the interaction between Sirius and Harry. I also felt like letting you know that some of the stuff you write well surpasses JKR. I have a feeling that all of that interaction between Sirius and James, as well as the reason why Sirius "pranked" Severus will be one of things that I remember and have to stop to figure out if it's canon. Fantastic chapter.

Frosty posted a comment on Saturday 29th August 2009 3:02pm

The whole "everyone hates harry" thing does make sense, but it also makes me sad. Its somewhat original (i say somewhat because there has to be one other story with it)to have fred and george hate harry. It upsets me that people think he's a ponce. To bad james didnt have an interest in younger women (joke), because HJ woulda had no problem with the ladies.

lorddwar posted a comment on Wednesday 1st July 2009 8:08pm

Excellent story. I found Hat to be the funniest character I have read in many stories.

Your story has enriched me.

Harriverse posted a comment on Saturday 27th June 2009 10:45am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Authors like you, who can take a set of characters and re-invent the world that is as good as the original, is why JK dislikes fanfiction. Congratulations on your first novel. I'll look forward to seeing what my favorite character does for you or you do with him, in the future.

lorddwar posted a comment on Thursday 25th June 2009 10:54pm

The hat continues to crack me up.

Enjoyable story.

lorddwar posted a comment on Thursday 25th June 2009 6:25pm

Thank you for the nod.

I'm enjoying your Harry in this. And the Hat is fucking hillarious.

Looking forward to the rest.

Dwar

Decumo9 posted a comment on Saturday 20th June 2009 2:15pm

Awesome! plain awesome, I knew I could count on you for a story that shines above and beyond most others. I also bought your Deadeye novel, and I got to say, once again, original, and very captivating. I read like its my job, and in over the 6 or 7 thousand books I have read, you and your stories entertain me the most, and keep themselves fresh, not becoming stagnant and formula like, which is an affliction that seems to affect most other authors. Bravo, and well done, Sir.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 16th June 2009 4:04am

Very original fight and resolution for the story. I'll most definitely be looking forward to the sequel. It should be rather interesting to see the reactions to Harry operating out of the Flamel estate and the French governemtn mnot able to touch him.

warpwizard posted a comment on Saturday 13th June 2009 5:32pm

Solid chapter. Lots of good content. I'm always a fan of Fawkes transferring his loyalties to Harry if DD dies. It just makes sense. You surprised me with killing him off. Good job. :)

zxcvb posted a comment on Thursday 11th June 2009 5:13am

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the ending... which I am sure it is a comment other reviewers have said already. However, to me personally, this impression is mostly due to the sudden shift in tone and style that you have made here. Most of your story is... well, not exactly lighthearted, but more like humorous, action-oriented fic. Yet, this last chapter is much more violent and darker: something that would have looked much less out of place in "To Fight the Coming Darkness." This change, in my opinion, doesn't really fit with the story you had written so far, which I think gives "Lie" a bit of an akward feeling of incongruency.

Besides, forgive me for being so blunt, but both of the charecter deaths that took place in this chapter were kind of stupid, pretty much on par with Sirius's death in canon. However, I think I can see why they had to go (and, even if I didn't, it is your prerogative to do what you feel is best for your story), and with regards to the ending, I get the feeling that you perhaps gave up on giving and satisfying conclusion to "Lie" in order to provide an appropriate setup for a truly spectacular sequel... Which, I admit is not ideal, but it is fine by me.

So, good job. I think that, compared to "Darkness" and "Jungle," this one is the least solid of the three, but it is not a bad fic by any means.

mish posted a comment on Monday 8th June 2009 11:06am

Don't bash the IRA! I'm Irish!

Sterling posted a comment on Friday 5th June 2009 6:05pm

Your work is really good. Think I may have to check out your novel! Thanks for a good story and I look forward to seeing more.

amulder posted a comment on Friday 5th June 2009 4:20am

Dark but energizing.

There are SO many Harry-paired-with-Daphne stories out there in fanon these days that the epilogue was actually a bit of a shocker. Kind of sneaky how you don't really let on just how much time has passed between the epilogue and the main story. I'm thinking it's been a while, based on the content.

Also I have to say it is rare to see a story with Sirius living and Remus gone. Rare. Good creativity there, too bad it's right at the end, I'd like to see that unfold more.

That is one thing... is Harry back in school or not, if not, then is Sirius now more in the story? I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for sharing.
...art

SelenaWolf posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd June 2009 11:50am

Very dark, but nice. Can't wait for the sequel. Dunno really what to say, but this was a good one. The 'Turn Me Loose' series is definitely my favorite of yous though. ^_^

Faith1 posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd June 2009 8:43am

Alright, well in the stadium of my ind, you're definetely getting a standing ovation. Well done indeed! Obviously I can't say I'm happy about two favorite characters dying, but I am looking forward to a new, rather darker sequel, whenever it may come. Thanks again for wroting this story,
Faith