Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 3:18pm

Very nice. I like Dumbledore-bashing as much as anyone, but it's nice to see that part finally reach what seems to be a point of resolution. I also really like Harry's conversation with Fleur.

This feels like it could be the ending of the story, actually. Not that I'm suggesting you should end it here, but it has some of that feel.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   It's the end of a story arc, but not the end of the story.~Jim

Clell65619 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 2:38pm

- Very nice. Love the party, especially HJ shutting down the Veela Diva... Asking if Krum was paying by the hour or had the whole evening... priceless.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   I wonder what a Veela diva's going rates are?

Magus posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 2:18pm

Even though it is not one of the usually full of action chapters this one conveys much more than those, I specially liked the way frienship began between Fleur and Harry.


Thank you for another great chapter and I will be looking for the book, best of luck with that endevour

JBern replied:

Thanks.   As soon as I have a definite date for Dead Eye, I'll be shouting it from the hills.~Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 1:35pm

Cheers, great update! Very nice touches with the Yule Ball - lots of fun to read.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked.   More coming soon.~Jim

matthew2c4u posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 1:11pm

Great chapter, Its intertwine the romance and action really improves the story.
i cant wait for the next Lie and TML
-Night

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Work on TML 10 begins soon.~Jim

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 1:07pm

That was a bit of a surprise. I was expecting Krum with Hermione but this time he really was out for info on Harry.

Phineas's end was rather amusing.

The Head Boy enamored with the fourth year Gryffindor
-Cute reversal of Harry and the Head Girl

Are you charging Krum by the hour or is this a set fee?"
-Ouch.

They only procreate with non-magical humans.
-original. Never come across that idea in fanfic.

Love the slow buildup with Fleur.

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed all the little things in the story.   More coming soon.~Jim

Paladin11 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 1:02pm

This was a good chapter, excellent character developement and a few important plot points explored.

i like your humble, admits to his mistakes Dumbledore- a big change from your Dumbledore in your other stories.

i am curious to know-will we ever find out how Harry got James' memories?

JBern replied:

I like to vary my characters between stories.     It keeps things fresh.   Perhaps yes, but probably not.

Thanks for the review.~Jim

Wolf550e posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 12:05pm

"Since I know you're paths did not cross" - your

"Now that or cards have" - our?

"The quick check of my word alliance shows" - huh?

"And what is there punishment" - their

Great chapter, but the scroll bar makes it look short. Dumbledore's reaction was a surprise. The Harry/Fleur moment was good. The theory on how Veela breed is plausible. The Black headmaster's fate was lulzy.

JBern replied:

Thanks for pointing out the errors.   I'll fix them when I get some free time.~Jim

AgentScorpion posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 11:35am

The sudden shift in Dumbledore from the avoid list to the ooh isn't he a nice guy really list is rather jarring, and spoils this chapter to an extent.

Also in Chapter 10, Every Rose Has A Thorn the following quote is made:

Dumbledore stands, "Thank you, Igor. Indeed, the Puzzle Room is an enchanter’s challenge that will test the resourcefulness and problem-solving skills of our champions. They may brew potions and craft items to aid them in retrieving the Dagger of Wiglaf. This momentous event will take place the day following the Yule Ball.

This is at odds with the sequence that actually happens.

JBern replied:

Yeah, it's a gaffe on my part.   I always intended for the puzzle room to occur before the ball and just made that error.   Its on my list of things to be fixed.

HJ knew he couldn't avoid DD forever.   Realistically, HJ knows DD needs him more than he needs SS, so it put him in a good position to deal with DD.

Immortalitis posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 11:20am

*Cheers*

Truly, an amazing chapter. Some excellent political intrigue in conjunction with some nice Harry/ Fleur towards the end.

I was actually expecting the medal to be a portkey, to be frank.

"The fathers shall eat sour grapes, and the childrens teeth will be set on edge" seems to be a fair quote concerning how the memories bias Harry and make him more jaded.

Regards
Immo/ SA

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the chapter even without any knock down drag out fights.

Odds are those will be coming soon...

Jim

msgupy posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 11:09am

Thank you. Of the WIP's I am monitoring - this has to be the best!
Really do appreciate the effort you put into your fan fictions. Thx kindly
Yvonne G

JBern replied:

Thank you for the kind words.~Jim

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 11:06am

Good one :) nice paced intruige and romance, as well as an everpresent note of subterfuge - I like it :P

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   In these tough economic times, when does a discount ninja become a free ninja?

MOD posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 11:02am

Another excellent chapter! Do keep 'em coming...

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you liked it.~Jim

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:47am

The image of Hat/Golem batting around at Fawkes is quite amusing.

So, he tells AD the secret. Hmm. Wonder if that'll blow up in his face.

Like the tidbits of veela physiology you sprinkled in there.

Curious to hear the fallout (if any) for Harry's bombshell against Snape and Karkaroff.

Continues to be a fun story.

JBern replied:

Always good to hear from you.   Hope all is well.~Jim

amulder posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:42am

Like it. The story continues to unfold well. I was a bit surprised to see how well the conversation with Dumbledore went... I didn't really expect Harry to come clean like that.

I like the introspection as well. It is good to see Harry himself struggling with what/who he has become, and deciding how to move forward.

Looking back I think during the summer he swung very much to the playboy end of things, and now the pendulum is coming more to center. He sure is maturing, which is basically mandatory.

I am curious if an aging potion is in the cards or not. It would help him be taken serious by Fleur and maybe by others. But it would also serve as a barrier between him and "Harrys" friends. Would he really want that?

thanks for sharing
...art

JBern replied:

Good question on the aging potion.   He may start gradually using them.   Glad you enjoy the character development.~Jim

gadriam posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:30am

Damn. I did not see anything like that coming. I think i repeated that phrase at least four times in this chapter.
I did sort of expect the arrogant little prick to capitalise on some complicated seductive scheme against Fleur. The last pieces of the fic just bowled me over. You added a seriousness to the character that i imagine James never had the time to develop in his lifetime. Now, go ahead and have him turn Aimee's offer down and score some more points.
Whenever you find the time to update, I'll be right here.

g

JBern replied:

Glad after all this time that I can keep you guessing where I'm headed.   I put up an original piece on this site today.   I hope you enjoy.~Jim

Ben10 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:15am

JP really seems to be maturing.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   More coming soon.~Jim

hordac85 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:09am

Excellent.Keep it up.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll try.~Jim

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 10:03am

Wow. A fantastic part here, from the dance there at the end, and how there was a spark with Harry and Fleur, from the discussion between Dumbledore and Harry, where we see the man that Albus has become, one who is getting older every day, and has a life full of more regrets it seems than he'd like to have. Well done!

JBern replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.   I like to vary my characterizations between stories, so that I'm not always writing Manipulative Dumbledore and such.

Just look at my 3 versions of Fleur.   I'm guessing HJ would have his hands full with Fleur from Bungle/TML.

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 9:55am

Very good. Liked the Aimee/HJ banter. One nit - "And what is there punishment." should be "And what is their punishment."

JBern replied:

Thanks.   There are a few of those types of errors in this chapter - a reminder that I'm getting better, but still not quite there yet.~Jim