Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 4:31am

Wow, after this chapter you can take as long as you want with the next one. Absolutely hilarious. I hardly stopped laughing from the line where Harry objected that he wasn't the one arguing with a magical hat all the way through the end of the chapter. Watching the hat take on people who really deserve it is just extremely satisfying.

The actual duels were well done, too. I liked Harry's and Fleur's the best, but the others were interesting as well. Having the Hat bait Fleur as a way of distracting Harry from his fixation on Krum was a very nice touch as well. The level of thought you've put into this shows, and it's impressive.

So between the solid action scenes, and me laughing my ass off, that's definitely one of the absolute best chapters of fanfic I've ever read. You've definitely earned a break, and most of the other writers I read update less than once every couple months anyway, so if anyone complains you can tell them from me to shut up. Thanks for writing!
Jay

JBern replied:

Congrats, you're my official complaint department!   Glad you enjoyed the chapter.   There's a tease of 12 on the forums and the rest of the chapter is just about finished.

I'd love to take as long as I want, but I really want to get the 1st draft of the novel complete.   John and I have written it in modular fashion so that the first 60 k is already being edited.   My timedable is 1-2 months for final edits and another for month for typsetting and final aproval.

Jim

vasilis01 posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 4:16am

I love the hat. Excellent chapter though i didn't like the forfeit.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

razor_M posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 4:11am

fuckin' awesome as always!

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

morriganscrow posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 2:57am

That was lovely!
I do hope Draco gets either a flogging or a Cur's Mark - administered by Harry!
Still love the Hat.

JBern replied:

I'll keep it in mind.~Jim

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 2:57am

Good work. Harry in a schoolgirl uniform picture will really give reason for Draco revenge. PS. You don't have time to answer, finish "Dead Eye".

JBern replied:

I'll answer anyway.   HJ will probably have some additional revenge in mind for some of the people who've been crossing him as of late...~Jim

rune1806 posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 2:54am

What a great twist, Malfoy getting into the mix was totaly unforseen and great. Well done the action was Jbern doing what you do best. Good luck with the book post a link when it is ready so we can buy it.

JBern replied:

Trust me, I will.   You'll be hard pressed to shut me up about it when it comes out.   I thought killing off characters is what I did best.?~Jim

that1 posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 2:39am

"... judge your pathetic crotch droppings."

Wow! Go hat, don't old back. Tell us what you really mean!

JBern replied:

Nukular Winter deserves credit for the crotch droppings comment.   Glad you liked it.~Jim

Taegeous posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 1:42am

Good chapter. I like Harry's "duel to the death" response. Time to start playing hardball.

My initial reaction was disappointment because, once again, Harry got shafted and the bad guys are going to get away with it. But I'm betting you will rectify that in coming chapters, at least I'm hoping so.

Good luck on the original novel.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the good wishes.   I'll be working on it extensively after I finish replying.   Chapter 12 will be out shortly.~Jim

bauer posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 1:38am

A long awaited fix to cure what ails the masses. It may be a bit disappointing to know that there will be another waiting period, but I for one, am definitely interested in your original works. Good luck on your writing and looking forward to Dead Eye.

JBern replied:

Well thank you for the good luck.   I'll take all I can get.   The wait won't be much longer than the wait for Lie 11.~Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 1:26am

Fine chapter, thanks.

It is very infuriating reading the level of injustice you portray. "Straightforward" duels would've been plenty!
Good stories are about overcoming obstacles. So far, HJ is mostly getting his arse handed to him by cheats and criminals.

When is HJ going to permanently deal with Draco and Snape (and perhaps a couple others) who continue to get away with great harm, approaching attempted murder in severity?

HJ should take a few, after-hours minutes to dispose of some enemies.

JBern replied:

The payback starts in chapter 12.   Stay tuned.~Jim

Meghan posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 1:21am

:) Draco Malfoy is in the fire, Harry's coming for him... he better beware bwuahahaa. I can't wait for the Weasley Twins to get their due and swallow crow when they finally apologize for being jerks/assholes.

JBern replied:

They may not get the chance to apologize.~Jim

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 8th March 2008 12:23am

Well, so Draco decides to be an idiot again(honestly, he seems less nemisis, and more moronic comedy relief, like Ron with better hair) and looking forward to the Goblet's decision(heck, why couldn't it be confounded to throw out something really harsh just for poor 'ol Lucky) or maybe something to get the whole family. Guess Harry will have to wear the dress since he technically lost, should be a fun picture for Sirius, and wonder what it will be that causes Fleur to warm up to Harry.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked the chapter.   The next one is almost done.~Jim

romero posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 11:50pm

That was a great duel between Harry and Fleur. I loved the Hat's take on everything. Poor Harry..does this mean he'll have to dress in a Beauxbatons uniform — a female one?

JBern replied:

The answer to the bet is coming soon.~Jim

Stygius posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 11:46pm

congrats on Dead Eye, and hope to see it in stores soon... thanks for the all the fics... and hoping to hear from you soon..

this chapter was great, though i expected a little more... next part should be great... especially if Fleur and harry talk.

JBern replied:

There is some HJ and Fleur conversation in the next chapter.   It's just waiting on editing.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 10:49pm

Good luck with the novel.

I guess we'll find out soon who has to wear the outfit -- the official winner or the real one

"T"

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll take all the luck I can get.

The outcome of the bet and other things coming shortly.~Jim

Amit Patel posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 10:37pm

You are an evil git you know that? Just when we think we get to see Fleur in a French maid outfit; you pull that twist.

And you could not even finish the chapter to see what the conclusion was!

But good chapter and I look forward to the rest of the story

JBern replied:

HJ has already seen her naked in a pool...   Well that's the purpose of a cliffhanger.~Jim

Darak1 posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 10:35pm

I believe you are following canon too much in letting the guilty party escape from trouble each and every time. One wonders why no accidents were organised for the Malfoy already, your James doesn't strike me as the type who would refrain from this.

JBern replied:

HJ has been busy, but Malfoy, Snape and others are about to experience some payback.~Jim

smog2187 posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 10:18pm

Great ending! Though poor Harry is always dealing with these things and never getting a fair chance, despite his unfair advantage. I *am* curious about the bet, Fleur could easily say this to be her victory, though it would be low.

Anywho, loved the chapter, the hat was as eloquent as eve and the Malfoys are taken down a notch. I must admit that I hate it when Draco comes out looking pathetic in so many stories but at least here he managed to cost Harry a decent amount of trouble.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Chapter 12 is coming shortly.   Some payback is coming shortly.~Jim

The Crow posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 9:28pm

Well, definately looked like Harry was pulling punches when the pants thing threw him off.

I'm tired off everyone underestimating him, disqualifying/ ruling him out.

I see you don't want him to breeze through and now he's out of dueling.
Looks like you're essentially setting him up as the underdog everyone thinks he may be.

God I hope he win Fleur's bet. A scrawny little 14 year in a dress - oh the shame!
Wet and Wild, Balls to face, theres certainly some chemistry going on.

---

Good to hear about the novel! When you say on sale by summer - does that mean you have some contract signed up? Congrats if so.

JBern replied:

He's not out - not by a long shot.   The outcome of the bet and the fate of Draco are covered in the next chapter.

Not too many people caught the ball smacking her in the chin innuendo...   Glad some of you did.~Jim

metrobluejay posted a comment on Friday 7th March 2008 8:00pm

HJ is always getting the short end of the stick. He gets fucked over during the first task, he gets fucked over in the dueling, when are you going to stop fucking him over? Seriously he's been bent over so many times in this fic it isn't funny, the hat is though.

God I love the hat.

JBern replied:

Draco was emboldened by Krum's success.   You see he failed and was caught like the worm he is.   He weaseled out of the real nasty punishments, but he's still going to get something.

Chapter 12 will be up tonight.~Jim