Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 9:58pm

Very well done sir! Must say, you continue to do things with this that I've not seen in any other triwizard fic, and this Harry continues to push the envelope. Something to see the way the ghosts were the ones to put the Giest down like they did, including the image of a giant demonic Peeves. Krum and his own idiocy continues to show that some people are stupid no matter what, like Draco who seems to have no more subtlety than Ron and he's the Prince of Slytherin? Wouldn't it be nice to see the house of the cunning finally decide to strip some dead branches from itself, and see Draco be most emasculated? Sweet scene with Neville, and really have to wonder what is going on with Augusta, and finally the twins: These are guys who have no more sense than Draco in their way, they just are unthinkingly greedy and petty, and wonder if they'll try something anyway, even after they've been warned? Can't wait for the next part.

JBern replied:

I'm glad I can still keep you on your toes.   Next chapter in about 10 days.   I hope I can continue to impress you.~Jim

DrT posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 9:34pm

Will the Weasleys learn their lesson? Maybe. Will Draco? Doubtful.

As for the Geist, that was a brilliant concept, and v well executed

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   I'll have another chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 8:39pm

Very, very nice chapter. (Although please be careful about character-bashing.)

JBern replied:

Sometimes, bashing is the only way to go.   Next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 7:00pm

Outstanding chapter!!!! So Harry and Fleur, I love it!!!! I mean not only is it a little used ship its also a great one!!!! Will we be seeing some of Harry and Fleur's dates???? Will we be seeing Aimee's reaction to Harry and Fleur???? What will be others reaction???? Will Alice be waking up soon???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

You'll have to wait and see.   Fortunately, the wait won't be too long.~Jim

xeromercy posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 6:53pm

I really liked how you gave the ghosts a more intriguing role than just being a movable wallpaper that was in the book. That is what is so great about your story, you take even the overlooked aspects and give it a more realistic feel. Grey lady skirt riding for the win!

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliment.   I hope to continue impressing you with the next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

Ken Warner posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 5:49pm

very very good - I love the way you have them fighting side by side.

I placed my order on amazon within the hour of receiving the Caerazkaban digest with the link.

thanks for all the great writing you share

JBern replied:

Thanks Ken.   Don't forget to give it a review when you're done.~Jim

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:49pm

YES! At last! Though I would have still waited more chapters for them to finally 'see' each other. I've practically been waiting on the edge of my seat for it.

I tell ya, even without cliffhangers, you know how to keep a loyal reader loyal and eagerly awaiting your next update.

I had a feeling that you would choose Alice. Secretly, I was hoping you'd pick her of the two. Can't wait to see the confrontation between Augusta and Harry.

JBern replied:

Can't end every chapter on a cliffhanger.   Otherwise, they lose their effectiveness.   Next chapter in 10 days.~Jim

Magus posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:41pm

Double month, thank you...

I had forgotten about that little bet, and we fianally see the true relationship between Fleur and HJ.

Alice coming back gives the posibility of also having Frank back, you sneaky guy.

As always a great chapter, easely made even greater by the battle of the ghosts and the after battle words of the Baron.

Please keep up the great work.
A Fan anxiously waiting for April because Amazon's delivery here in Mexico SUCKS huge time

JBern replied:

The e-book will be available no later than April 1st at either Payloadz.com and/or Smashwords.com.~Jim

Michael63 posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:40pm

Wow!

That's my first thought after finishing this chapter for the first time. Then I realized that I liked it so much that I went back and immediately read it again!

I lot of things that I've been anticipating came to a head in this chapter, and I loved it. One after the other you had Fleur learning of Harry's animagus form, Harry's confrontation with the Geist, and my favorite part, some actual romantic interaction between Harry and Fleur. For the first time in the whole story they are both on the same page with regards to each other. I don't expect it to be smooth sailing for them from here, but after all the dancing around to get to this point, I hope they don't immediately backslide next chapter.

It also deserves mentioning that I'm really loving this version of Harry, or should I say HJ? He's just fun to read, and makes me glad that the story is told from his point of view, because he's my favorite character in this story. With Fleur's character growth (seen through Harry's eyes) in these last few chapters, she has become a close 2nd.

Thank you for the rapid update! Your news of a sequel cheers me, because even though this story is drawing to a close it means there will be more to look forward to from this universe. But it also fills me with dread that this story will end on a massive cliffhanger! I hope that that won't be the case, especially if there's to be a large time between when we readers get the last chapter of this story and the first chapter of the sequel. I hope that doesn't happen, and am fully willing to beg if it would help!

Thanks for sharing the story so far with us, and I eagerly look forward to more.

JBern replied:

I've actually written the epilogue to this already.   I don't think it's going to be a massive cliffhanger, but you'll have to wait and see.

Hope I continue to impress you.~Jim

pontfirebird73 posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:34pm

fantastic chapter!!

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

ruby tripton posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:33pm

Loved the chapter overall. I think the dinner could have been worse for both HJ and Fleur, but apparently Victor just really lacks creativity. I am hoping to see Draco get his comeuppance (pleasepleaseplease...I hate the snot rag).
And what would a chapter be without HJ getting injured?

looking forward to more...

JBern replied:

HJ hasn't been injured in quite awhile.   I think you're exagerating.   Unless you count the Dykstra shuffle, but that was more of a "procedure".

Jim

Wolfric posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:29pm

Impressive chapter. I especially like the ghost battle. The long awaited scene with Fluer is sweet. The whole chapter is high energy which I like. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I hope I can top it with the next chapter.~Jim

noylj posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:28pm

Very good chapter. Nice to see that Minnie and Bumbles are as clueless as ever.Hoggy is lucky if it is the best magical school in Scotland.
Nice to see Harry getting somewhere. This is not the end of this story, is it?

JBern replied:

No, it's got about 5-6 chapters left and I'm tabling my other stories until I'm finished with this one.~Jim

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:09pm

Well, I took a moment to add "Horror, Humor, and Heroes" to my Amazon Wish List, being the epitome of the streotypical poor college student is not a good thing.

Excellent chapter, as all ways. I think if Fleur and Hat did travel documentaries, I would definately buy it... Actually, a book of proverbs and general "Wisdom" by Hat would be good too.. Though we might have to keep them out of the hands of little children.

Either way, keep up the good work...

JBern replied:

The e-book will only be $3 and will be available no later than April 1st.~Jim

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:06pm

Great battle with the ghosts. No doubt Harry's injuries will screw him up a bit in the next contest--can't make it too easy. :-)

Nice progress with Fleur, too. Giving them a crisis together to bond over worked well.

I ordered a copy of your book, too. :-)

JBern replied:

Thanks for ordering the book.   Don't forget to leave a review at Amazon and tell me what you think.

Next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

Jon posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 4:00pm

I'm guessing his medical condition will handicap him tomorrow....
You certainly loved to throw all our guesses off as to how, when and why HJ reveals his Animagus.. =)
And I'm certainly curious as to how Krum got last place... but it would make good speculation material at DLP.. =)
Good chapter, although the part with the twins was kinda.. depressing, since I'll rather the twins not gain anything out of the prank war...
I really love this more than TML, here's hoping to a continuation of Lie ASAP

JBern replied:

It's a good bet that HJ's injury won't help him.   Krum's just not very good at wards.   Next chapter of this one in about 10 days.~Jim

RevolXadda posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 3:56pm

Great chapter, and I'm glad to hear about the Kindle version.

JBern replied:

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Humor-and-Heroes/dp/B001U3Y94Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1235672403&sr=1-1

Kindle version is available.~Jim

Khadon posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 3:56pm

Excellent chapter. It had everything I've come to expect from this fic. Humor, some action, a little bit of Harry/Fleur. A great piece of writing.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the compliments.~Jim

Jason Karr posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 3:56pm

It is nice that Harry helped nev's mom.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim

Alvin Au posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2009 3:51pm

FANTASTIC CHAPTER!!

the fight with the Geist was supertastic and the resulting scene with Fleur was lovey-dovey-tastic...

I can't wait till their relationship is open knowledge and the reactions around them to this development...

Please keep up the good work and hope to see updates soon!!

Take care!!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Next chapter in about 10 days.~Jim