Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Orion posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:56pm

Nice. Loved the last scene there . . . not what I expected.

Of your fics that are in-progress at the moment, I think this is my favorite. (Not that I don't enjoy them all. . .)

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it and it kept you guessing.

Regards,

Jim

Cuey posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:56pm

Transfiguration against dementors is a good idea. I thought Fleur had perhaps noticed a tell-tale sign that gave Harry away as being the pronghorn during the aborted transformation but apparently Fawkes has impeccable timing.

The "teeth" remarks are a little cruel, even among good friends. A lot of people are really sensitive about flaws even with their best friends. The real question is to who her date is going to be, she certainly wouldn't have a high opinion of Krum this year around right?

Aimee? Well, Ron shouldn't question HJ's friendship again after that. And if Aimee declines I can't see HJ having too much trouble finding another date despite his preference for older women. Being escorted by a Triwizard champion who happens to be the BWL is a winning proposition for any ambitious or attention-seeking witch.

JBern replied:

You're right, but HJ was being nice about the "teeth" comment, but he was offering to correct it for her.   She has a different date this time around.

Bros before Hos - even if there's a part-Veela in the mix.

Thanks as always for the reviews.~Jim

Loopy Dane posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:55pm

priceless scene asking Aimee to the ball! Nearly did a spit take!

JBern replied:

Glad you liked!~Jim

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:43pm

LMAO! It must be very good to be him...

JBern replied:

Indeed it is.~Jim

The Crow posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:32pm

Okay first off, I forgive you for the cliffie.
The last two posted chapters of Lie and TMl were rather pumped out quickly sir, and with equal parts brilliance.
I thought it would've taken longer for one more chapter of TML alone. Your a legend.

I had notepad ready to comment through the chapter but like all too often got absorbed.

The situation was as chaotic as it should have been and throwing Mr Chang-ho into the mix was suprising.
I'm glad Harry doesn't just blow everyone away in these crises, so he's not overpowered or anything.

Loved the ending of the chapter. The Ice Queen was cold as ever, loved the slap to the face asking out of Aimee.

Is it still Hermione/Krum? I honestly have no idea of what to think.

Cheers J.

JBern replied:

It's good to be forgiven.   Glad you enjoy the story enough to lose yourself in it.   Hermione had a different date.   TML 8 in 2 weeks.   Lie 15 in 3-4 weeks.~Jim

Ivan Cantaros posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:24pm

great one bro, i really like the funny lines you put in this chapter.. it seems you broaden the scope of hj's enemies.. the last scene is very funny as well, ^^ take that! ice queen..! anyway, will be waiting for updates..

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.   More coming soon.~Jim

James Kennedy posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:24pm

Excellent chapter. Love the Kwan and Collins cameos. Am now wondering if Hack or Thundercloud will make similar appearances.

JBern replied:

Probably not.   Doing it every now and then is clever.   Overusing characters is tired.~Jim

dwilken posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:22pm

That .... was excellent! Still can't believe you managed to get that much fanfiction put together considering baby #2 is just about here.

The last scene with the head games against Fleur was superb. And of course I'm one of those "folks" already clamoring for another update. Hope your personal life goes so well that you'll have no trouble getting the next installment to us within a month.

Managed to download the "Reality Bites" drabblecast, BTW. Bizarre story. Entertaining. Worth the listening to, but I wish it had been in written form. Still, congrats on the sale.

-Doug

JBern replied:

Hopefully, I can keep it up, but no guarantees.   I'll probably post Reality Bites somewhere in written form eventually.   Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for all the reviews.~Jim

drewz05 posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:12pm

I LOVE IT!!!

JBern replied:

Thanks!~Jim

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 1:00pm

Excellent. I am very surprised that no champions met their end. The fighting and assassination attempt completely surprised me. Reusing the names of your hitwizards from Bungle had me confused for another second, but it was all sorted in the end. Well done.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

JBern replied:

Glad I can keep you on your toes and guessing what I'll do next.   I hope I can continue to impress you.~Jim

vandallas posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:56pm


MOOOOOAAARRR!!!1!!

nuff said

JBern replied:

Eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:55pm

Great Chapter!! I loved how Fawkes actually burned his eyebrows off. That was excellent. :-)
Can't wait for the next chapter.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I like writing Fawkes and he/she/it's unusual quirks.~Jim

Matthew Sands posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:43pm

Clamor clamor clamor.

Or if you'd prefer a musical theme:

Here we go a'clamoring on the review screen
Pestering the author until he shouts something obscene

Love and joy come to you, and to you who update too,
may JBern bless you and bring you an update full of cheer, may he give you an update full of cheer

On a only slightly more serious note, very nice, and very much not what I was expecting.

JBern replied:

Glad I can keep you guessing.   TML 8 in 2 weeks.   Lie 15 in 3-4 weeks.~Jim

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:42pm

Great chapter, as always! I loved the Trek references, as well as your Bungle cross-references. Nice touches, both. I'm impressed by your rapid updates of both fics - wish I could manage anything like it.

JBern replied:

Thanks!   Glad you liked it.   I'm sure my updates will slow when daughter #2 is born.~Jim

Michael63 posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:30pm

Really enjoyed it!

I'm looking forward to next chapter and your version of the Yule Ball. If Hermione ends up as Viktor's date in this story, after the way Viktor has consistently treated Harry, I would expect there to be some friction between Harry and Hermione.

I'm continuing to enjoy the development of the relationship between Harry and Fleur. Although, since this is marked as a Harry/Fleur story, I hope that they actually do get together for a portion of the story. I'll be disappointed if the end result is that she kisses him goodbye at the end of the story, and that is the sum of their relationship.

JBern replied:

No Hermione/Viktor date.   She has a different beau.   Don't worry about the HJ/Fleur.   I've got a plan...

Thanks for the review.   I hope I continue to impress you.~Jim

Claudia R posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:14pm

LOVE IT!
I absolutely loved how you handled this chapter and the careful way used the aftermath!

Having Kwan and Collins show up was an awesome bonus! They couldn't be interested in working for a certain Grim, would they?

Also Athena Manos grandfather was very cool!
I really like how you are flushing out your characters giving them background that helps the plot along!

I liked that there were no cliffies this time!
and that Fleur was honorable, as was Athena in her own way having a crime lord as doting grandfather had to have spoilt her! Especially as he appears to be so doting, and not fond of Kakarof only going to Krum's rescue! (loveeeeed him, it only made Athena cooler in my book!)

I really enjoyed the character development we got to see here!
Also makes me wonder with whom is Hermione going to the ball, as she knows how much Krum cheats now!

Very awesome, waiting eagerly for the next part as always!

JBern replied:

I try to pace myself using cliff hangers.   They are more effective that way.   Thanks for all the compliments.   TML 8 in 2 weeks.   Lie 15 in 3-4 weeks.~Jim

Robert Peeples posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 12:11pm

LOL - that ending was priceless, good play.

JBern replied:

Thanks.~JIm

riegert8 posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 11:54am

good chapter

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

walsall posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 10:15am

Fantastic Story, can't wait for more. The suspense is killer. xx

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.~Jim

Joseph Stoutimore II posted a comment on Monday 30th June 2008 5:28am

Suspense is killing me here!!! ACK!!! o_O Today's the 30th, are you gonna put us all out of our misery soon???
No really though, I love the story, keep up the good work and please get back soon, I wanna see what happens next. ^_^

~Amanda (obviously NOT my login)~

JBern replied:

As you can see, I made the deadline.   Hope you enjoyed it.~Jim