Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 1:42pm

Another great chapter! And another juicy ending!
Can't wait for more. :)
Thanks for posting.

JBern replied:

The wait is almost over.   Chapter 22 is in final edits.

heathw posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 1:40pm

I think this must be the most exciting piece of Harry Potter fanfiction currently in progress. I have one question however: Perhaps I am reading to much into the summary tagline, the portion referring to not all of James dying is clear, does the reference to not all of Harry living have meaning beyond the killing curse?

JBern replied:

Not really.   The summary refers to the fact that HJ is an amalgamation of Harry and James.

M2J MandalorianJedi posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 1:39pm

Shit might just hit the fan!...

Again.

Is there any chance we could see the conversation between Harry and Hermione, or will that be left to our imaginations?

Once more, I find myself being more and more drawn in by this fic.

I can't wait to see what happens at the Embassy Dinner.

JBern replied:

The Harry and Hermione conversation is left to the imagination.   The scene at the embassy should make up for it.   Chapter 22 is pretty much ready.   I'm just waiting for the last edits.

DrT posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 1:30pm

Wow, Snape actually (sort of) got sacked, and seems to be working the Darkside. Interesting. Lots of tangled webs, which I can hardly wait to see unravel!

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More coming soon.

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 1:05pm

Oh good this chapter was a funny one. Especially that last bit if you look at it correctly. :P

Loved this chapter, combined a lot of different elements.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Glad you enjoyed it.   I hope you are equally impressed by chapter 22.

runnerman87 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 12:50pm

Point of interest: if the Muffliato charm doesn't actually prevent the conversation from being heard but only understood, the most obvious way to beat it is some form of transcription charm.

Other than that, it was a great chapter. I enjoyed Dumbledore going all menacing on Karkaroff. I'm looking forward, as always, to the next chapter.

JBern replied:

Assuming the transcription charm/quickquotes quill  is inside the field of the Muffilato, it would probably work.

dwilken posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 12:27pm

Not much to say, except that "I like it!"

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Chapter 22 just about ready to post.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 12:27pm

Well...Pettigrew, the one person that we haven't heard nearly as much about in this tale as I would have assumed.

Lots of overdue conversations this chapter, but the plot didn't seem to advance all that much.

That said, it was a good read and this story seems to be picking up the momentum it was losing while you juggled two stories in addition to your original works.

Thanks for writing,
Matt

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   I'll be posting chapter 22 shortly.

Haeton posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 11:07am

Another fine example of your skills as a writer.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment.   More coming soon.

mrpietan posted a comment on Saturday 14th March 2009 9:29pm

Just completed up through here on the story...The Geist and the Grotto .... Damn good, I may just have to buy a copy of your short stories....

JBern replied:

I hope you do.   I'll take every sale I can get.   Chapter 22 will be ready shortly.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2009 7:23pm

Just noticed that I hadn't reviewed.
*gasp*

This is one story I love to read over and over again. Unfortunately, due to the length, it takes me longer to do so, and some of my stories and the stories I have on watch are demanding attention to.

So just so i know what you meant in other review replies to this chapters' reviews...
Exorcism: Light Magic
Poltergeist, binding thing: Not So Light Magic.

Meh, what if Peeves was a part of Hogwarts Defences, and voldemort got rid of him to ease a hostile take-over there (as the cliche is) then that would be a 'dark' use of 'light' magic. Say the ministry then classifies exorcism stuff as dark... oh but wait, stuff here...

that's always got me.

***
Harry scowled at the ferret, struggling against the spell.
"I'm so-"
"what ever, draco." Harry cut off, and ceased his spell. Draco fell to his death, and Harry calmly left the Astronomy tower, whislting.

That morning, when Aurors came to check his wand, they only found the levitation spell, 'wingardium leviosa', and thought nothing of it.

***

Harry sighed for the fifth time, as the aurors, for the fifth time, checked his wand. All they found this time, was a lumos.
They didn't think anything of it,
while up in the hospital wing, another slytherin in Harry's year lay in the bed, eyes burned.

***

Harry was taken, kicking and screaming, from the common room.
Hermione was shocked - they had only seen him cast a flame spell to light the common room' fire. A dark spell normally used on people by dark wizards yes, but he hadn't cast it at a person.
None of them noticed that already-scorched bones were finally incerated by the dark-magic properties of the flames.

*****

Meh, just an example of wizarding stupidity. can't remember where it was where he showed everyone that tmr-ialv anagram trick, and they arrest him thinking he'd just outed himself as volers.

JBern replied:

Interesting.   Yes cleansing magic would be considered good.   Other stuff not so good.

Armand posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2009 1:52am

ok, i kind of liked this story up until you made the twins idiots...i mean you are a wonderful writer and have loved your other stories. but personaly i don't like how you have the twins in this, nor how you have him kind of at odds with Mione. another thing i don't like is Remus/Lily thing seeing as i do not see them doing that at all...but thats why its called fan fiction. i'll finish what you have here now...but i don't know if i will come back for updates...i may tho who knows.

again, you are a wonderful writer and this is written exceptionaly well, its just some ideas i do not like...and in ways its hindering the story for me, no offence.

JBern replied:

To each his own.   I hope you find something you like.

Cyborg posted a comment on Wednesday 11th March 2009 1:05pm

It's finally happened! I hate that stupid poltergeist. Harry and Fleur finally getting together is nice too. :)

Love this chapter, love this story, and especially love the authors notes. I've bought the kindle edition of the book and am enjoying it story by story. This is my favorite story of yours, and will be here for the sequel all the way.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Chapter 22 is almost ready for posting.   Don't forget to review HHH on Amazon when you finish it.

warpwizard posted a comment on Monday 9th March 2009 4:53pm

Wow, really good chapter. Best I can remember in a while. Lots of good original content. Nice job. Liking the Fleur/Harry fluff. It's been a while coming, so we deserve every bit. :)

JBern replied:

Chapter 22 will be out shortly.   Wait until the broom scene in chpater 22.

brick posted a comment on Saturday 7th March 2009 3:53am


This one of the best written stories I've found. I look forward to reading the rest of the fic

JBern replied:

Chapter 22 will be out as soon as I get it back from editing.

Troy. posted a comment on Friday 6th March 2009 11:54pm

wats going to happen when they get back to the school: people are going to ask wat happened. I cant see Karkorov being too happy when he finds out.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   More coming soon.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 5th March 2009 4:43am

Love it. Tyrannical kettle-stirrer! LOL. Hat and Rita is an image I'm begging you to never repeat. Ever.

Love the thing about Harry obliviating the Twins then paying them off.

You more than make up for the grossness of the Skeeter innuendo with the slow build of the MILF gag. Great stuff.

I'm glad you picked Alice. I think Neville needs his Mum more than his Dad. I also really liked the implications about his Gran - she certainly is a battleaxe.

Wow, I loved the way you alternated kisses with fights. I also liked the way you showed the two different kisses to be so emotionally driven. The fight scene was superb. I loved the way all the ghosts turned up to fight and you beheaded Nearly Headless Nick.

This was one of my favourite chapters. More please. So brilliant. Oh and fantastic last line.

JBern replied:

Finally catching up on my replies.   Now where's my HHH review!

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 2nd March 2009 11:28am

This was amazing. I really love the way Harry and Fleur are coming together. Good job with the Geist, and I'm glad Nick got his wish at last.

I would never have dreamed that Harmless Peeves had a dark side. So cool.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Don't know why I missed this review the first time.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Sunday 1st March 2009 12:26am

Just a thought: wouldn't exorcism (or blessing, or spells of similar nature against evil-natured spirits) would be of light magic?

JBern replied:

The blessing and the exorcism would, but the spells that HJ was using to ensnare the Geist, not so much.

Hope that answers your question.~Jim

ernichol posted a comment on Saturday 28th February 2009 7:05am

absolutely fantastic. excellent blend of epic and finesse. you stay away from standard fanfic plot elements and give a very fresh feel

JBern replied:

Glad you enjoyed it.   More coming soon.   Naturally, I need to plug my book.   Details at www.jimbernheimer.com.