Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Taegeous posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 10:17pm

Excellent story. Lily's comments had me wondering. She is not Lily's ghost, only a shadow she stated, and therefore should only know what Lily knew up until the time of her death. Her comments about HJ being the two men that matter most to her makes me wonder if she had anything to do with the fact that Harry got James memories. This is reinforced with her next statement that she never meant to hurt either of them, and I can't think of anything she did to Harry, unless it was something she did to saddle him with his father's memories. And that maybe this was a way to repay James for her infidelity, by giving him another chance at life. Can't wait for the sequel.

Also, loved the bit with Fawkes and the peppers. :)

JBern replied:

As for Lily, I didn't want to give a definitive answer and leave it up to you the readers to decide what really happened there.   Thanks for your review.

Wolf550e posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 9:38pm

Fawkes is a Deus Ex Machina. If you're going to have an interesting war, something must be done. I would love to read how Harry has Fawkes drop all Death Eaters into a volcano, but that's a short story at best.

JBern replied:

Oh, there are some limits to Fawkes.   Trust me I won't let this go unchecked.

Gaelyn posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 9:10pm

As always, awesome job!

JBern replied:

Thanks.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 9:02pm

Good ending.

I wonder what effect on resurrection ritual used by Voldemort would have the fact that the blood was extracted from non-living body

(blood of enemy, forcibly taken)

.

As for what shape would the (hidden) war take... have you read Dark Marauder by BajaB (on ff.net)?

JBern replied:

Well, since LV had Snape around (instead of just having Peter), he could have adapted the ceremony to meet his needs.     I hope that makes sense, although there could be reprecussions down the line.

Yes, I know BajaB fairly well and am familiar with his works.

Asad posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:59pm

Chapter seems rushed for some reason but it does somewhat lay the groundwork for the sequel.

Thank you and your beta crew for the work done on this story. It was a delight to read it and I eagerly await the sequel, whenever it becomes available.

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review as always.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.~Jim

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:56pm

Wow, a supremely intense and action packed section here. With all the bodies, I'd say Tom is going to have troubles getting his old crowd together now, and can't wait to see what he turned out like from his ceremony, as well as Harry getting ahold of Snape and that little turd Malfoy Jr in the future. Here's hoping that Harry's tactics take hold, and that the war this time is less reactive, and much more proactive. Have a great time in the Queen city this weekend, and looking forward to your upcoming writings.

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliments.   Yeah, HJ wants to make people take a second look before up and joining the Death Eaters.

Charlotte was nice.   The publisher and I had a pretty good time and a couple of fans from the fanfic came out and picked up books.   (Thanks Travis and Mike!)

Inner Eye chapter 2 coming soon.

GinnyLover posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:39pm

Very nice and very surprising!

Wasnt expecting Dumbledore to die or Snape to be revealed as evil like that(i expected him to be evil)

I do understand Dumbledore dying, it frees up Harry to fight like he wants without ojection from Dumbledore(he wouldnt care about anyone elses except Fluer's)

I do like the ending. It gives people a second chance but shows how ruthless Harry can be.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Hopefully, this is a story that will stand the test of rereading.

Anthony May posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:22pm

What can I say!!!!???? That was so effing great! I am absolutely blown away. I have never even come close to swearing in any of the reviews I have written - but words fail me. I am dying for the sequel and to see what you have in store for Snape. This was *&%@&*! INTENSE. Good luck on the launch, I know anyone who reads your work will be hooked. I will be getting your book. - Now I have to go back and read it again. Amazing...simply amazing!!! Thank you!!!

JBern replied:

I hope you enjoy Dead Eye.   Leave a review on Amazon when you do finish it.   I'll do my best to make certain that the sequel for this is the same level of quality or better.

the_fatadder posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:18pm

That was simply fantastic, one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have ever read, an certainly an improvement over book 4.

the sequel cant come too soon! But in the mean time I look forward to the conclusion of Turn Me Loose.

JBern replied:

Yeah, I definitely want to finish TML during this summer.   Thanks for the review.   Stick around for Inner Eye of HP.

Aeryn posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 8:11pm

I greatly enjoyed this story - I've followed it from start to finish, and it has been more than worth it in the end. A fantastic read, and I am definitely looking forward to the sequel. :)

JBern replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.   Much more to come.~Jim

dougal74 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 7:19pm

Another great chapter and a great ending to the story.

You have a great skill at writing battle scenes, both detailed and exciting, without been to OTT.

Finally, a chilli scoffing Phoenix, brilliant.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Fawkes proved to be a fun character to write about in this story.   More coming soon.

Mordre posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 7:01pm

Very nice! I am awed by your skills, and eagerly await the coming (if in a long time) sequel! Cheers!

JBern replied:

Well feel free to enjoy my other stories both fanfic and original.

Regards,

Jim

metrobluejay posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 6:57pm

Nice final chapter, very suspenseful, kept me on the edge of my seat.

Any idea when you are going to start putting out the sequel?

JBern replied:

Late 2009 or early 2010.   I've got too many other loose ends to tie up.

Jay-F posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 6:51pm

Great story, i look fowards to the sequal. also will Pennies for the Ferryman be avalable on kindle? i dont buy hardcover anymore but i am very much looking fowards to reading it.
Thanks for writing,
Jay

JBern replied:

It's up on Kindle now.   You can find the link on www.jimbernheimer.com.   Thanks for the review.   I hope you enjoy Dead Eye.

yerocfponk posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 6:26pm

Awesome , can't wait for a sequel.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   More stories on the way.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:30pm

Outstanding ending!!!! I can't wait till the sequel!!!! I loved how HJ ended Igor's life after he cheated Albus out of his!!!! The Hat's way of finishing off Unlucky Lucy Lucius Malfoy was freaking AWESOME!!!! Do keep up the outstanding work!!!!:):):):)

JBern replied:

Thanks as always for your reviews of my stories.   I'm glad I can provide the entertainment.   More stories coming soon.

luckykas posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:28pm

WOW!!! I had expected Lupin to die when he walked into the trap with Harry but not Dumbledore. That was an amazing twist. Sad to see them go. On the bright side it was refreshing to see the Death Eaters like Malfoy and Pettigrew die right away.

Loved the reversal of fortunes in Snape and Sirius. It was poetic justice.

Voldy using Albus's blood like that sent a real powerful message to the wizarding world. But that still leaves him vulnerable to Harry's blood protection. Boy that must be really bugging him.

The Epilogue was something else... cant wait to see how the sequel goes. The dark side on the run and death eaters cowering in fear. Will Riddle use Durmstrang as a base of operations as Karkaroff was boasting? How about the Azkaban prisoners?

Looking forward to your updates. Loved HHH and will be getting Dead-Eye Mike soon as well. Thank you for great story. All the best for the book.

JBern replied:

Well, Peter isn't dead just yet, but Karkaroff is.   Yes, it still leaves Voldemort vulnerable to HJ's protections.   Can HJ capitalize on that advantage?   Answers in the sequel.

If you didn't already review HHH on Amazon, please do so and I hope you enjoy Dead Eye and review it as well.

Regards

Jim

joeBob posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:26pm


Nice!

This chapter has a *lot* of beta issues (compared to your usual posts) and HJ definitely could have handled the DE "negotiations" in a more professional and productive manner (he should fire his war-fighting instructor ;-) ).

But: the action, plot cohesiveness, character interactions, and entertainment were all great.

Overall, this was an outstanding story -- one of the best in HP fanfiction. Thanks for sharing it with us.

JBern replied:

Yeah, I posted it after only 1 editor had looked at it.   Didn't expect Dead Eye to roll out as fast as it did.

Lynn Terald posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:23pm

You are evil. I actually want to see those bastard Death Eaters squirm before they die screaming. Dumboldore was one of my favorite characters and the way he died by the hand of that coward makes me want to see their blood run in rivers. Evil, I know, but that's how much you've made me like your story.

JBern replied:

The best compliment you can give a writer is to let them know that  the writing  evoked an emotional response from you.

Thanks!

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 5:21pm

The end of lie. Very well played. Harry's speech at the funeral was masterful and shows the type of person your Harry is beautifully. Him and Fluer together is a great pairing that you don't see often but you have pulled it of.

"I still need to work on not overdoing things," Hat comments
hehehe I always loved the hat :) and it sounds like he wrote the secret keepers letter as well. It will be interesting to see how this story progresses in the sequel.

Thanks for writing and hope to read more from you soon,

Rob

JBern replied:

Thanks Rob.   I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.   You are correct, there aren't enough well done Harry and Fleur stories.   Most use the words Male Veela or Soul Bonds, or throw Tonks in for a threesome/beginning of the dreaded HaremHarry.   Plus, I wanted to delve into Fleur's psyche.   She's an interesting character that most authors don't utilize as anything other than eye candy.