Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

stgilman10 posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 1:42pm

Shit, I think the Hat should be proud of Harry for getting broom-nookie. Great chapter, as always. Is this the close of TLIL, to be finished in a sequel? The end of the chapter kind of felt like it, with the use of the title in the text and Fleur's words about "our journey continuing." Hell, I don't care if the story is separated into two areas of this site or not, as long as you keep up the awesome posting until the end.

JBern replied:

Lie has 3 more chapters before the sequel.

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 11:01am

Good chapter. I would not object to a bit more detail in the love scenes; I suppose you have to have some restraint but after the detail of the duel they seem a little under realized. It could be though that I am just a dirty old man. I got lucky with my mother in law; we hit it off rather well and were good friends until her death, a few years back. Hj will need to persivere and perhaps save Fleur a couple of more times before he makes peace with Fleur's mother, if he can. Thanks for writing. W.

JBern replied:

I'm not really a smut writer.   Otherwise I'd be writing those I never believed it could happen to me letters.   My Mother-In-Law happens to be a good one as well.

cpd6000 posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 10:53am

Madame Maxim?

JBern replied:

Someone stole my e!   Give it back or there will be hell to pay.

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 10:03am

EXCELLENT!

Damn, it just gets better then ever. Good job.

Excited about your upcoming work, keep updates and stories coming. :)

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'm glad you enjoyed  it.   Next chapter in 10-14 days.

Asad posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 8:56am

Loved the confrontation with Fleur's family. Hoping to see the consequences/ramifications in future chapters.

The duel was a nice touch. Some more details about Fleur's duel with Dumbledore would have been nice.

It's pretty late at night (4AM) so just a short review. KUTGW!

joeBob posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 6:46am

Tight, entertaining, and with a nice sense of humor.

Thanks for the update.

Janax posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 5:37am

Dude, this story just plain rocks! I'm sure that you've had several people point out some minor errors here and there, but really the plot is so nicely thought out and executed that those small issues don't bother me at all. I'm definitely going to re-read this soon to get a better grip on the subtleties, but had to let you know that it's already among my favorites. I find the plot original with a great balance between "seriousness" and humor. Thanks for sharing your writing talents with us here!

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 5:15am

This is a good chapter. I really like the way Harry acted at the French Embassy. Of course the DeLecours have issues with the legislation that Umbridge is trying to get passed. You can see why they are worried about Magical Creature legislation and also having their daughter and their family threatened by the people that want Harry dead. That would worry any parent. Of course HJ is not going to let that keep him down. So Harry and Fleur finally got together. That was expected. I look forward to more of this story. Thanks for writing. pms

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 4:00am

That whole dueling club conversation: AD volunteered him. HJ coulda said, "Shove it, old man," or something similar, couldn't he?

> I’ve heard that a person’s self image defines how they appear in a Pensieve,
Interesting concept, but I'll have to disagree. Otherwise the "facts" of what everyone watches would be interpreted (skewed) by the original viewer.

> but if violence is required, I’ll be polite about it."
*laugh* Good definition of "diplomacy"

Good dueling scene w/Olympe

Ironic that her family thinks he is her youngest boyfriend.

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 3:43am

Potter for 3 he shots.... He scores!!!!!!!!!! Awesome chapter

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 3:33am

LOL at Harry's line about having to kill himself if he admitted they might need Snape. Poor HJ has to learn that Dumbledore isn't Supreme Mugwump for nothing.

I'd be interested to know if the virginity rituals would work for Harry. I know how dirty minded HJ can be, only the Hat more so, but his fourteen year old body is one.

The conversation with Fleur's parents and the resulting line about Harry's diplomacy ending with destruction was very funny. I have to say I miss the Hat though I can see why he wasn't included as any idea of Harry's own refinement would have vanished.

I don't think I've ever read a fic where Piers has been used in that way before. Fascinating way to make this go from fluff to darkness in mere seconds. I also liked the Knockturn Alley detail - I could see them doing it actually.

The stuff about Fleur's mother was also nicely thought out. Again, don't think I've ever read her written this way. I like your bit about Veela and King Arthur - twisted, dark and ever so practical.

I think the Hat is going to be so filthy over the broomstick encounter - and yes I spent half of it counting potential double entendres with Harry - that my computer may explode. Excellent chapter. I loved it.

And yes, you're Amazon review is coming just as soon as I finish my library book before it goes overdue.

uthamm posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 1:52am

Nice. Awesome interaction and getting dark - Interesting how you are isolating Fleur from her family.

The Maxime/Harry duel was excellent - how about a DD/Harry duel? Can't wait to see what happens to Krum and I don't think we have seen the last of Snape and Karkaroff, have we?

Awesome Harry/Fluer at the end - very tastefully done.

Excellent work, thanks for sharing the talents!

Renzo7 posted a comment on Thursday 16th April 2009 12:42am

Great chapter, and awesome set of scenes with Fleur... Gotta love your characterization. Keep up the awesome work and please update soon.

peruvianprincess posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 11:40pm

Still fresh and original. Nice move forward for the romantic relationship.

AgentScorpion posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 11:19pm

Awesome! I think that sums it up. By the way, I was expecting Bill to turn up at some point. Did I miss it?

Gaelyn posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 8:23pm

G'luck with HHH and Dead Eye. If they are as good as your fanfic, you'll be making it big in no time.

Loved this latest chapter. Well done.

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 8:10pm

Great stuff :D I wondered how you'd deal with Fleur and his biggest secrect - I am glad to see that it has not been made into a problem :)

Also, more dueling - always good :D you really have a knack for writing fight scenes :D

NWL posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 8:07pm

Haven't finished it, but noticed a spelling typo - a couple identical typos, actually. At several points (I noticed it in the preparations for the Embassy trip), you spell Madam Maxime's last name as "Maxim" without the e at the end.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 6:36pm

Wow. Once again, all hail the conquering author. I love your work.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Wednesday 15th April 2009 5:50pm

A fine, full-bodied chapter, with robust tannins and a lingering aftertaste of ripe fruit.
An excellent vintage Chateau JBern all round.