Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

HalfBloodHarp posted a comment on Sunday 29th June 2008 7:52am

I hate you. That's the worst cliffhanger *ever*! But I offer you donuts and cake and chocolate chip cookies for a speedy-as-hell next chapter. -grovels in hope- Offer is rescinded if the new chappie is a single minute into July.

Anyway, have just read through the whole story, and I sort of want to go through it with a fine-tooth comb myself for grammar, etc., because I'm picky, but am really enjoying it. (Except for this bloody heart-pounding cliffy.) Especially like the Sorting Hat; I think it would be fun to be that incredibly vulgar.

-begging for the next chapter-
HalfBloodHarp

JBern replied:

As you know, I made the deadline and have already responded to your review.~Jim

makieus posted a comment on Thursday 26th June 2008 6:37am

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN for that cliff hanger.
Can't remember if I reviewed in FF, but great job as usual. I am waiting on 3 of my top favorite fics for updating, and you produce 2 of them.

Great job. Looking forward to the next one.

JBern replied:

Hope 14 lived up to your expectations.~Jim

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Wednesday 25th June 2008 10:51pm

I think you're teasing us by that promise.

JBern replied:

As you can see, I made that deadline.~Jim

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 25th June 2008 10:12pm

As Monkey once pointed out to me, Draco is never truly a threat to Harry, wet behind the ears kid or not. Until the last two books, he's pretty much comic relief. Loved the Dobby section in particular. He definitely deserves to see Draco suffer.

HJ's conversation with Sirius - especially "quantity of quality" - was brilliant. Even better, and I think I might have literally punched the air, was the Hat's song in particular the fuck with Potter line. Too true. Your imagination is as filthy as it is fertile. Hurrah for Lynch taking charge.

Nice to see Ron not being a total prat for once. LOL at HJ being a more adorable McGonagall - though I'm not sure it's true when she's in cat form. I was slightly surprised by Harry bedding her but then again, you did it very well considering she was being tutored in a most unusual way. Nice to see you're making allowances for Harry being twenty as well as fourteen.

The Hat remains as filthy as he is funny. I loved the idea of Sprout replacing McGonagall. Now I know this Harry will have offed Voldie by sixth year - he wouldn't want anyone to interrupt his orgy!

I take it Hagrid is bewitched because he'd never do that normally. Excellent cliffhanger. I'm on the edge of my seat now! Mean. More please. Wow.

JBern replied:

Glad you liked this chapter.   Now you have all your answers for chapter 14.   Hope it met your expectations.~Jim

tempeleng posted a comment on Wednesday 25th June 2008 6:32pm

I was rereading this story for the 3rd time - Yeah, I just love to torment myself reading cliffhangers - and thought if I were Harry, and managed to switch arms with Krumm in a duel I'd just grab his balls, squeeze and yell "Surrender NOW bitch! Or I'll make you one!!"

JBern replied:

Glad the story stands the test of rereading.   Hope the resolution of 14 is to your satisfaction.~Jim

crawfsh posted a comment on Sunday 22nd June 2008 6:46pm

Fantastic chapter. Major cliffhanger, but it'll make the next chapter just that much more enjoyable. Totally didnt expect that move by Hagrid!

JBern replied:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter just posted.~Jim

motherjenjen posted a comment on Sunday 22nd June 2008 10:35am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no not really i quite like you
i like your stories as well
i'm busy waiting anxiously for the next chapter of lies and turn me loose
please hurry
if you post it on the 30th it can be like a b'day present to me...
UPDATE SOON
MJ

JBern replied:

You don't hate me.   You know it.   Happy birthday there MJJ.

cliviussum posted a comment on Sunday 22nd June 2008 8:00am

An excellent story that is well written and addictive; your Harry/James persona is first rate and the interaction with the sorting hat is both imaginative and humorous. In addition the characters you have developed and described are completely believable, which is an indication of the strength and depth of your narrative.

I think you have here a wonderful work of 'fantastic fiction'; it has all the hallmarks of a good book!

Whether your stories continue to be rejected by various publishers or not, I certainly like your writing style and your use of the first person is extremely effective. I would hope that success in the world of published fiction cannot be too far away - hell I've read worse from the so-called main-line writers from various publishing houses ... and believe me I read exhaustively.

This last chapter is a perfect example of 'the hook,' a slow build up with the tension gradually increasing until you turn the next page and ...

Tibi graters ago fabellae mirae et probe! Capitulum secundum observabo. Cs


JBern replied:

Thank you very much for the compliments.   Hopefully, I'll make it as a "real author".   Only time will tell.

Regards,

Jim

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Saturday 21st June 2008 1:46am

tick tock tick tock.


:D sorry just had to do that. ;)

JBern replied:

Er, thanks I guess.~Jim

Melissa posted a comment on Thursday 19th June 2008 2:19pm

Arrrggghhhh, CLIFFIE!!!! Damn your good! Can't wait for the next chapter!

JBern replied:

Wait no longer!   I hope it met your expectations.~Jim

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Thursday 19th June 2008 9:02am

Intense as always. I have to suggest that Hagrid's target could have been better chosen. For instance, to trap the ministry workers in with the dementors instead of the tourament participants... Of course, they had wands, though if they have barrier bombs, why not stunning bombs.

Please continue...as soon as possible.

JBern replied:

New chapter is up and I'm almost caught up on my reviews.   Hope you enjoy.~Jim

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Thursday 19th June 2008 7:12am

Wow great chapter. Gotta love the phrase, "crotch droppings".

Loved the fact that the hat claims being English as justification for insulting the french, I know its mean but I think I agree whole heartedly. lol!

Thanks for writing. Glad I've got more to read!

Monkey

JBern replied:

Glad you liked it.   Hope you enjoy 14 just as much.~Jim

warpwizard posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 11:05pm

Nice cliffie. :)

JBern replied:

Thanks.~Jim

Cromi posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 8:56pm

You, sir, are a horrible person and that cliffhanger was a positively nasty end to a wonderful chapter.

I look forward to the promised update before the end of the month =D

JBern replied:

As you can see, I met that update deadline.   Hope it met or exceeded your expectations.~Jim

King Darius posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 5:30pm

evil son of a bitch. i hate cliffhangers. hope you update soon. :)

JBern replied:

Finally catching up on all my replies.   Thanks for the review.   Hope you enjoyed 14.~Jim

King Darius posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 2:53pm

Im going to assume the grammatical errors in Karkaroff's speech is intentional, though, given the fact that he WAS a death eaterm i dont really see in a point in having a problem speaking english, most people tend to adapt rather rapidly in hostel situations, i have a friend whose in the army that has learned both Arabic and Purdu (the official language of Pakistan) while he was in the middle east.

JBern replied:

Igor hadn't been around England for a decade.   People's speech patterns change over time.   I was going with the sound of the actor from the GoF movie.

Regards,

Jim

King Darius posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 11:09am

good story so far, what you plan for the other activities sounds like the kind of thing Bellerophon30 had in his story, Brave New World, where he has harry going to a school in the U.S. its a great story, you should read it, its on FFN.

JBern replied:

I honestly don't have time to read anything these days, but I have heard good things about that author.   Thanks for the review.~Jim

Jon posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 12:39am

just a wild thought, but HJ isn't going to pull a "ifwesurvivewillyougototheYuleBall/Hogsmeadewithme" stunt on Fleur, would he? =p
Or wait, I dont think the Yule Ball is announced yet..

JBern replied:

It was tempting to do something like that in 14, but I think my solution was a pretty good one.~Jim

ahsun92 posted a comment on Monday 16th June 2008 12:25am

Goddammit!

Next chapter before this month is out.


We will hold you that.
Great chapter, had not realized these 'surprise' tests would happen. Nice to see further derivation
from plot.
=)

JBern replied:

As you can see, I met that deadline with a few hours to spare.~Jim

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Saturday 14th June 2008 5:48pm

Okay, so, who's posessing Hagrid?

JBern replied:

The crumple horned snorkacks of course!