Content Harry Potter Original Works Harry Potter/New Battlestar Galactica

Reviews

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 6:16am

Holy shit. I knew when I started reading this fic that it would intrigue, terrify and astound me, but you have risen to greater heights, (or fallen to greater depths, whichever you wish to believe) than I thought possible. Having said that, I want to strangle you for killing Albus and then having the absolute GALL to desecrate his body. I hope that Oath of Abe's wasn't a binding one.

JBern replied:

I always thought a dark ressurection ritual should be a little more messy than just a few drops of blood.   That seemed too clinical.   I think the shock and horror was conveyed nicely.

They always said Voldemort could use any enemy as fodder for his return.   I decided to see what would happen if he did.

Thanks for the review.

Sadly, when I wrote it, I pictured Abe's oath as binding.   It seemed like something he would swear after their sister's untimely death.

Muggleborn Prince posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 5:48am

I'm sad to see it over. :(.

But I'm excited about the sequel. I can give you know critique, for I find it flawless.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   There were a few errors here and there, but it happens.

I appreciate the review.~Jim

10chi posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 5:35am

Brilliant! It is always a treat to read your work because I never really know what to expect next. I can't wait to see how a Marauder will run the war. Great work.

JBern replied:

I'm glad that I can keep you on your toes.

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 5:30am

Yeah, it pretty much had it all. The conversation between Harry and Fleur was more than a bit strange, given that it was mid-coitus, though.

I definitely didn't see Dumbledore's death coming, but I suppose things would have been pretty easy for the good guys with him alive and kicking. Besides, this gives HJ much more free reign, which I'm always happy to see.

Glad you killed those particular Death Eaters, since it allows the sequel to bring others to the forefront. Should make things more interesting, since it'll allow you to do what you do best, expand on near-nonexistent characterizations from canon.

Looking forward to the sequel.

JBern replied:

Hadn't thought about the pillow talk being strange, but I can see your point.

I hope the sequel will impress you.   Thanks again for all the reviews.

fyrecat posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 5:26am

OK, That was great! Thank you for not leaving us hanging in the middle of the fight scene right after Dumbledore's death!
Nice way to end it. I'll be looking forward to the sequel.
I'm also looking forward to TML and, of course, to anything else you write!

Thanks again for sharing your creative genius with us all!

JBern replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.   Next up is Inner Eye #2, but I'll be back to finish TML soon.

Stonewar posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 5:24am

woo hoo thanks..nice ending point. Look forward to the sequel in 6-8 months

JBern replied:

Thanks for the review.

skulLXeon posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 4:05am

Damn.... wow... and well, damn.... This is the reason why i look forward to reading any new chapters and any new stories by you... you always have those out of nowhere endings... :) that make it enjoyable.... awesome job on the lie.... and i'll see you on your next two... :)

JBern replied:

Thank you for the compliment on my endings.   Inner Eye #2 is due out soon.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 3:58am

Excellent work. Glad to see someone actually using their brain to do things.

JBern replied:

Thanks for this and all your other reviews.   Feedback always gets the creative juices flowing.   (Sadly, I could picture what the sorting hat might say to that!)

Jonathan Northwood posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 2:29am

This was an intriguing run, and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. You have a delightful way with words: it's a pleasure to read your work.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Some of the credit goes to my editing team.   I'll make certain to pass those comments along.

uthamm posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 1:58am

The only part of this that was not TOTALLY AWESOME is the part about a sequal at the end of the year! AAAARRGGHH! Do you HATE me?

Seriously, awesome fight. Treachery, injury, anger and justice in equal measure. Very well done. Nice tie up with Remus. Not sure about the situation with Lilly's "Ghost" . . still thinking about that.

Classic lines for the ages: "Black can turn into an animal capable of licking his own balls. Consider that before you ask his opinion on anything. and "I'll fight it the only way I know how — like a Marauder.".

I cannot express how much I am looking forward to seeing that.

Thanks.

JBern replied:

I'm glad you liked those lines so much.   Hopefully, the sequel will live up to this level of awesome.   I'll do my best.

Elton Denson posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 1:55am

This was GREAT!!! I have enjoyed your stories so far and look forward to more.
Congrats on the book publishing. I hope to get it soon.
Have a Blessed Day,
Elton

JBern replied:

I hope you get it soon as well.   (Sorry, rather mercenary of me.)   Anyway, thanks for the review.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 1:41am

Awesome work, and undoubtedly better than the original. Thank you for this masterpiece, I hope to see updates from you soon.

JBern replied:

Thank you.

keebler_elmo posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 1:41am

good ending, but I felt it was very sudden. It was surprise to realize this was the final chapter. Good luck with your book and I look forward to the sequel.

JBern replied:

Thanks for taking time to review.   I appreciate it.

Iunee posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 12:56am

Hi!

Brilliant ending to a brilliant story! I'm really looking forward to the sequel (and to the re-reads of this fic I'm definitely going to do)

Oh, found a typo:

"Foul curses fail to find there mark and his fear continues to grow."

May your words flow freely :P

I.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I'll make the correction at some point.

Entilzah posted a comment on Friday 29th May 2009 12:19am

Wow!

This was a truly excellent story. Though I originally did not have very high hopes for it, it turned out to be one of my favorite stories in HP Fanfiction!

The characterizations of everyone were excellent, and you realistically portrayed decisions based on who the characters were, not who you might have wanted them to be.

The actions scenes were, of course, excellent. What would happen if you put non-kiddie thought into the powers available in the established magical world. And you did it without making anyone too overpowered. And you did a very good job of making the actions scenes the skeleton around which you based the story, not just the story itself.

All in all, well done. Definitely worth re-reading. You may have set a new standard here!

JBern replied:

Well that was my intention - drive the bar a little higher with each story.   I'm glad you think it will stand the test of rereading.

Alex Austin posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 11:43pm

This is incredible. Comparing this to Canon would be an insult to your writing skills.

A lot of authors have clear strengths and weaknesses. Your strengths are very well displayed and your weaknesses are covered/avoided well enough that I can't tell what they are.

This fic is definitely on my short list of stories worth repeating.

JBern replied:

Oh, I still have a lot of room for improvement as a writer, but your kind words are very nice.   I hope the sequel will meet with your approval.

Matthew Sands posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 11:38pm

Awesomeness. I generally try to be more specific about something when I can be bothered to remember to review, but I think I'll have to leave it at that.

JBern replied:

Thanks.   I appreciate you taking time to review along with all your prior reviews.

hordac85 posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 11:35pm

Excellent.Keep it up.

JBern replied:

The sequel won't be for a while, but enjoy my other offerings until then.

DrT posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 11:07pm

Congrats on the novel, and as always I look forward to your work here

JBern replied:

Thanks.   Hopefully, you'll leave a nice review for Dead Eye like you did for HHH.   Just don't let the wife steal that copy before you finish.   :-)

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Thursday 28th May 2009 10:24pm

That was incredible - Dumbledore's death was very sudden, but his funeral more than made up for it :) Indeed, I practically cried

This has just taken on a whole new level of awesome and I really can't wait to read the sequel :D

It's been a perfect transition from "SchoolHarry with classmate problems" to "ChampionHarry with tournement problems" to "FugginAwesomeHarry with international problems" and it was done so subtly and gradually that it just felt right, you know?

The Lie I've Lived is the best peice of fan fiction I have ever read, so thank you, thank you very much =D

I can't wait for the sequel, and as soon as Dead Eye Mike finds it way onto UK Amazon, I'm gonna' see about gettin' me a copy.

Good luck in all you do JBern, you are fantastic.

JBern replied:

I'm glad you noticed the evolution of the HJ charcater over the story.   I'm not sure when Dead Eye will be available through the various Amazon country sites, but it should be fairly soon.   Just remember to review.